• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

daydream

Banned
We need opinions about Ittle Dew. Just sayin'

All things being equal, the opinions on the PC version would apply for this one. Really cool, charming and fun, heavily-Zelda inspired action puzzle game. Not very long btw, which is a positive in my eyes, other people might dissent.

terrisus

sörine;113895733 said:
Yeah Mega May sort of preempted everything else on 3DS VC. Hopefully this summer we can start catching up on NES games like Murasame Castle, Gargoyle's Quest II, Mighty Final Fight, Super Dodgeball, Castlevania III, Double Dragon II, Final Fantasy, Bubble Bobble and so on.

While I have Final Fantasy 1&2: Dawn of Souls for GBA already, having the NES version of Final Fantasy always available to play any time on my 3DS will be amazing.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Pushmo (Nintendo | $4.69 until 06/13, then $6.99)
  • Crashmo (Nintendo | $5.99 until 06/13, then $8.99)

vYU92.png

• Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo | €59.99 | £49.99) Upcoming 05/30

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Promotion Mario Kart 8 (Free game) Upcoming 05/30
  • Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition (Warner Bros. | €14.99 | £12.49 until 06/05, then €59.99 | £49.99)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. | €14.99 | £12.49 until 06/05, then €59.99 | £49.99)
  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. | €12.49 | £9.99 until 06/05, then €49.99 | £39.99)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros. | €14.99 | £12.49 until 06/05, then €59.99 | £49.99)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom | €8.99 | £7.19 until 06/08, then €14.99 | £11.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom | €29.99 | £23.99 until 06/08, then €49.99 | £39.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Me & My Furry Patients 3D (Treva | €29.99 | £24.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Pullblox(Nintendo | €4.99 | £4.49 until 06/13, then €5.99 | £5.39)
  • Fallblox (Nintendo | €4.99 | £4.49 until 06/13, then €7.99 | £7.19)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom | €17.99 | £14.99 until 06/08, then €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom | €5.99 | £5.39 until 06/08, then €9.99 | £8.99)
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom | €11.99 | £10.79 until 06/08, then €19.99 | £17.99)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Warner Bros. | €9.99 | £8.74 until 06/05, then €39.99 | £34.99)
  • Real Heroes Firefighter (Zordix AB | €4.99 | £4.49 until 06/19, then €9.99 | £8.99)
  • SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion | €0.99 | £0.89 until 06/19, then €1.99 | £1.79)
  • 10-in-1 Arcade Collection (Gamelion | €0.99 | £0.89 until 06/19, then €1.99 | £1.79)
  • Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion | €3.49 | £3.09 until 06/19, then €6.99 | £6.29)
  • PIX3D (Gamelion | €1.99 | £1.79 until 06/19, then €3.99 | £3.59)
  • Angry Bunnies (Cypronia | €4.85 | £4.49 until 06/31, then €6.49 | £5.99)
  • Bubble Pop World (Cypronia | €3.74 | £3.35 until 06/31, then €4.99 | £4.49)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

hongcha

Is there some reason why the JP 3DS virtual console has not had a release since May 7? That is the longest drought since the VC launched on the 3DS in Japan.

So I beat Kirby's Adventure 3D. Good game. Worth it I guess for free. I'd be pretty bummed if I payed for it. Thanks Club NIntendo.

Also, I technically beat Punch Out. I beat Macho Man so I'm the World champ, though I'm still working on Dream's (Tyson) patterns so I'll kick his ass soon. Two more to the beaten pile. Love this thing, portable Nintendo is best.

terrisus

I technically beat Punch Out. I beat Macho Man so I'm the World champ, though I'm still working on Dream's (Tyson) patterns so I'll kick his ass soon. Two more to the beaten pile.

How is not beating Tyson/Dream qualify in any way as "technically beat[ing] Punch-Out?"

terrisus

Well, I mean, it would be great to get the arcade version of Punch-Out. I've only had a chance to play it a couple of times at Funspot a couple of years back.
But still, it's not beating the NES version anyway.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Somebody explain to me why there isn't a fucking gifting option on 3DS and, I believe, WiiU.
There was on Wii and it was awesome, always hated it was missing on XBLA and PSN and now they've of course copied the WORST thing about those services while lagging behind in a dozen other areas, makes sense.

:/

Is it too early to create the June thread?

???
Are you taking over duties from tolkir's hands?

zroid

Banned
Somebody explain to me why there isn't a fucking gifting option on 3DS and, I believe, WiiU.
There was on Wii and it was awesome, always hated it was missing on XBLA and PSN and now they've of course copied the WORST thing about those services while lagging behind in a dozen other areas, makes sense.

it is really bizarre

Uninteresting fact but Injustice is not actually available in some eShop countries. Not sure why that is (thing is Arkham Origins in this particular eShop uses a non standard currency conversion too which makes it more expensive...as in nearly 40% more than MK8).

The MK8 promotion applies immediately on the purchase of SMK. The normal price is crossed out and a light purple new price is put there instead. Also where the word new appears the word OFFER appears below (again in light purple).

Any word on the European release of Murasame, aka is the text localized?
The screenshots show time is still in Japanese (the single character that says time, the countdown is all Arabic numbers). There is hardly any other text and that was mostly in English to start with. Thing is stuff that "could" be translated is like how some of the power-ups are shouji pieces, (make your projectiles fire in the same way as the pieces move) which could be localised with arrows instead but I think it remove the flavor of the game. I hope the operations guide explains those instead. I'm waiting for NNP to come through first before making my 3DS purchases.

BooJoh

So I don't have enough free space on my Wii U's HDD for my free copy of Pikmin 3 and it apparently won't even let me redeem my code unless I have the space?

Is there anything I can do other than free up the space just so I can redeem the code then cancel the DL? I plan to get an external HDD later but I'm not sure when.

cacildo

So I don't have enough free space on my Wii U's HDD for my free copy of Pikmin 3 and it apparently won't even let me redeem my code unless I have the space?

Is there anything I can do other than free up the space just so I can redeem the code then cancel the DL? I plan to get an external HDD later but I'm not sure when.

Well....

Erase the other games you have on your internal memory

Download the game

Then you are free to erase pikmin 3 and donwload your regular games again... until you get an HDD

(what´s the pikmin size again?)

BooJoh

Well....

Erase the other games you have on your internal memory

Download the game

Then you are free to erase pikmin 3 and donwload your regular games again... until you get an HDD

(what´s the pikmin size again?)

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. According to the download page it's about 4GB plus update data.

If you have a spare 8GB USB stick lying round you could use that as a stopgap. Note: Nintendo do not recommend you use this for actual game play due to performance issues (they're not designed for constant read/write and their transfer speeds can be slow) and the stick will be formatted so really it has to spare.

Also the OS might try to move saves and stuff to it (so move these back to the NAND).

IIRC a basic Wii U does not have enough free space for Pikmin 3 even if you were to delete everything from it.

BooJoh

IIRC a basic Wii U does not have enough free space for Pikmin 3 even if you were to delete everything from it.

I deleted some smallish indie games to make room. I have a deluxe system but between MH3U, MK8, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Resort, etc I've just come to the point where I finally need more than 32GB.

cacildo

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. According to the download page it's about 4GB plus update data.

Sorry, i didnt noticed you were already doing that.
Really sorry. I always laugh (internally) of people that gives obvious advice and still think they are being super useful. Today it was my turn

(but it seems Pikmin 3 will fit without any troubles in both basic and premium internal memory sizes... so it seems everything will work out after the fridge is clean)

maxcriden

Arc Style Baseball 3D review:

Even without the confounding Tournament scoring issue, Arc Style: Baseball 3D is an average eShop title that's skippable to all except the most die-hard baseball fans. The multiplayer and customisation options extend the game's life, but the sluggish, repetitive gameplay and bland presentation will turn casual fans off. It's not bad, but there is very little noteworthy to recommend. 5/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/arc_style_baseball_3d

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay! I was waiting for a sale to buy this game. Heard a lot of good things about it.
Yeeeeeeees. So glad this is on sale. $30 is a bit steep for me when it comes to digital only games, especially if there's no demo to try out. I was hoping it'd be $20 originally, so I think I'll grab it.

Edit: Are there any sites that e-mail you/give you an eShop code for credit instantly? Amazon does it for PSN & Xbox Live, but not eShop...

Top Bottom