• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

Murrah

Banned
I love the Klonoa games, and I'll for sure get it at some point down the road regardless, but just a heads up that I recall it being way more puzzle oriented than the console games. Which is fine and still fun in its own right, but it doesn't really play an awful lot like the originals

OnPoint

I love the Klonoa games, and I'll for sure get it at some point down the road regardless, but just a heads up that I recall it being way more puzzle oriented than the console games. Which is fine and still fun in its own right, but it doesn't really play an awful lot like the originals

Absolutely true.

But still absolutely fun.

jholmes

I would like if Need For Speed and Deus Ex had a price drop on the eShop. That would be nice to see.

They're both excellent and, especially in the case of Need For Speed, really cheap for a hard copy.

That said, they're both released by companies who have very little invested in the console, so who knows. Hopefully they wise up.

BooJoh

No discount? Now that I think about it, has NOA ever done a cross buy discount? Always seems it's in Europe and Japan

I'm drawing a blank on 3DS->Wii U cross-buy discounts, but they do the Wii->Wii U upgrades, and they've done "Buy X on Wii U VC, get Y on VC at a discount" type deals.

How can anyone not have Pushmo already.

I bought the first two day one, but I'll be buying a copy for my mom in this sale.

Expansion pack that doesn't need the original game? It's a puzzle game with same premise with new sets of puzzles. Seems expansion pack-like to me. *shrugs*

It has new puzzles, new mechanics, and new backgrounds, etc. To say Pushmo World is just an expansion is like saying Doom 2 or Megaman 2-6 were just expansions. It's a sequel, people.

Do we have any idea what to expect for the US 3DS eShop tomorrow? Any of those long-delayed indie titles, maybe?

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure if I'm going to get Tomodachi Life anymore. I'm queer and trans*, and the idea of having to change either mine or my lovers' gender from what they are (and be constantly misgendered as a result) to be romantically involved is incredibly unpleasant.

How does Tomodachi Life's romance stuff work anyway? Can I mack on my GF's Mii cause I woo'ed her most in game or does it just give me some random love interest?

I don't really know anything about the game, and that is why I'm curious to play it I think lol.

BooJoh

How does Tomodachi Life's romance stuff work anyway? Can I mack on my GF's Mii cause I woo'ed her most in game or does it just give me some random love interest?

I don't really know anything about the game, and that is why I'm curious to play it I think lol.

I've only played the demo, but when importing/creating a Mii, you can choose "Spouse" for one of the options of how they are related to you, though it doesn't automatically make them marry. When Miis hang out with each other their opinion of the people they hang out with will go up and down, and when it reaches a certain point they can become sweethearts.

From what I gather, you have limited options of influencing them (like editing their personalities to match up) and I think at worst you might have the option of refusing any marriage you don't want to happen.

It's largely out of the player's control though. This game seriously plays more like Nintendogs than anything else I can think of. You feed your Miis, give them items, dress them up, and can have them participate in various activities.

donny2112

It has new puzzles, new mechanics, and new backgrounds, etc.

New backgrounds (i.e. window dressing) and new puzzles (in a pure puzzle game) do not a new puzzle game make (in theory, but I'm sure some publishers have tried to pass such off as new games before). What are the new mechanics?

BooJoh

New backgrounds (i.e. window dressing) and new puzzles (in a pure puzzle game) do not a new puzzle game make (in theory, but I'm sure some publishers have tried to pass such off as new games before). What are the new mechanics?

"Unlock special Mysterious Pushmo with new twists on gameplay, such as yin-yang blocks and timed blocks"

In addition, I believe this game has larger puzzles than were possible on 3DS,

These new features are why you can apparently import any Pushmo QR code to Pushmo World, but only some Pushmo World QRs will work on Pushmo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, Xtreme 2. & now I can own all the GB/C Mega Man games after all these years. Might get Klonoa as well since I played it as a kid & would like to support it so the sequel can get added, which I never played.

L~A

Wii U Retail

Mario Kart 8 (available May 30)

Wii U Download

Ittle Dew
Gravity Badgers
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland

Wii U Virtual Console

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams

3DS Virtual Console

Mega Man Xtreme 2

New Nintendo eShop Cards $10 Nintendo eShop Cards including Photos with Mario – There’s a new way to have fun with your favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters. A special-edition series of $10 Nintendo eShop Cards lets you use your Nintendo 3DS system to play and pose with Mario, Princess Peach or a Goomba using character cards and the Photos with Mario application, at no additional cost. Not only do you get $10 to spend on downloadable games in the Nintendo eShop on both Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, but you also get a cool way to create fun photos on your Nintendo 3DS system. Choose your favorite character (or collect all three!) exclusively at Target retail stores. For details, visit http://www.nintendo.com/photoswithmario.

Nintendo Promotion

Get a free download code for a select Wii U game from Club Nintendo when you register Mario Kart 8 – Register Mario Kart 8 between May 30 at 12 a.m. ET and July 31 at 11:59 p.m. PT to get a free download code for one of the following Wii U games: New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Wii Party U. For full promotion details, visit http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo.

Nintendo eShop Sale

Get up to 33 percent off Pushmo and Crashmo – See where it all started before the Pushmo World game comes out for the Wii U console. From May 28 at 9 a.m. PT to June 13 at 8:59 a.m. PT, the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS is offering the first two games, Pushmo and Crashmo, at up to 33 percent off their regular prices. For details, visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers. Price Reduction LEGO The Hobbit – $39.99 (was $49.99) starting June 2

From Nintendo Everything / PR.

So is it not the 75th birthday of Batman in America as well or is it only WB games Europe who celebrated (75 years hence 75% off...shame you couldn't reduce the games to their PSN prices first)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Much fail! No EU sales. I demand justice! I'll contact the league about this!!!

FFS though we didn't get the Capcom sales either and that has nothing to fucking do with WB.

My body was Reggie and left disappointed.

Katsuragi

So no The Mysterious Murasame Castle on the North American eShop this week. :( I guess this was to be expected, since we're still celebrating Mega May. Here is hoping it will be released in the next few weeks!

zroid

Banned
New Nintendo eShop Cards $10 Nintendo eShop Cards including Photos with Mario – There’s a new way to have fun with your favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters. A special-edition series of $10 Nintendo eShop Cards lets you use your Nintendo 3DS system to play and pose with Mario, Princess Peach or a Goomba using character cards and the Photos with Mario application, at no additional cost. Not only do you get $10 to spend on downloadable games in the Nintendo eShop on both Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, but you also get a cool way to create fun photos on your Nintendo 3DS system. Choose your favorite character (or collect all three!) exclusively at Target retail stores. For details, visit http://www.nintendo.com/photoswithmario.

Hmm the app is still not available on the Canadian eShop so I guess Target stores here don't have the cards either :(

sörine

Banned
Would be great, but I'm not really sure what the status of Irem is at this point.
Essentially dead for games publishing but they still sublicense their old games out to other publishers like Tozai, Konami and Dotemu.

Unfortunately if it's not R-Type or Spelunker publishers don't seem too interested. I'd kill to get something like Metal Storm or Hammerin' Harry on Virtual Console.

maxcriden

So no The Mysterious Murasame Castle on the North American eShop this week. :( I guess this was to be expected, since we're still celebrating Mega May. Here is hoping it will be released in the next few weeks!

Fingers way crossed, I might end up looking for a good price on the GBA port otherwise....

sörine

Banned
Yeah Mega May sort of preempted everything else on 3DS VC. Hopefully this summer we can start catching up on NES games like Murasame Castle, Gargoyle's Quest II, Mighty Final Fight, Super Dodgeball, Castlevania III, Double Dragon II, Final Fantasy, Bubble Bobble and so on.

Top Bottom