• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

sörine

Banned
How's the WiiU port of Mystara?

I know there's a japanese only PS3 retail release which was handled by emulation wizards M2 instead of Iron Galaxy iirc, is that the one to get? I own every platform btw, but I'd prefer not going PC for those games if possible
The Wii U port is fine although early on there were online issues (as there were with every version btw). Capcom themselves did the Japanese PS2 version too, not M2.

m0t0k1

I know there's a japanese only PS3 retail release which was handled by emulation wizards M2 instead of Iron Galaxy iirc, is that the one to get? I own every platform btw, but I'd prefer not going PC for those games if possible

sörine;113504749 said:
The Wii U port is fine although early on there were online issues (as there were with every version btw). Capcom themselves did the Japanese PS2 version too, not M2.

Also like to add in that the online is pretty much dead. created a game and started the campaign at level one and completed the game with ever anybody joining me. and i agree with sorine the port is fine. played the demo on ps3 and dont notice any difference.

cacildo

Like already said, no problems except online is dead

My main grip with the game is the fact that you keep shoving credits on it and you play and play until you finish

And this kills the challenge which kills the game, for me.

Dont ask me how they could solve this cause i really dont know. But i dont like games in which you can die as much as you want and it means nothing

(granted, A LOT of games nowdays work this way)

Shauni

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Mario Kart 8 €59.99 (£49.99)
Special offer until 30/06/2014: You can save £5.49 / €7.99 on Mario Kart 8 if you own Super Mario Kart or download it now! (Offer only valid if both games are purchased from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U by 30/06/2014. Super Mario Kart must be downloaded first.)
Gravity Badgers €4.99 (£4.99)

Wii U Virtual Console
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap €6.99 (£6.49)

3DS
Coaster Creater 3D €7.25 (£6.00)
Me & My Furry Patients 3D €29.99 (£24.99)
Castle Clout 3D €4.00 (£3.59)
BLUE EXORCIST MANGA VOL. 3 €4.49

3DS Virtual Console
The Mysterious Murasame Castle €4.99 (£4.49)
Mario Golf €4.99 (£4.49)

====

Price Reductions

Wii U
Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WB Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends June 5, normally €49.99/£39.99)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (WB Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends June 5, normally €49.99/£39.99)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom) - €8.99/£7.19 (Ends June 8, normally €14.99/£11.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €29.99/£23.99 (Ends June 8, normally €49.99/£39.99)

3DS
Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €17.99/£14.99 (Ends June 8, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends June 8, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (Capcom) - €11.99/£10.79 (Ends June 8, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (WB Games) - €9.99/£8.74 (Ends June 5, nomally €39.99/£34.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 19, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €6.99/£6.99 (Ends June 12, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£5.99 (Ends June 12, normally €14.99/£14.99)
3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.29 (Ends June 12, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Secret Agent Files: Maimi (Joindots) - €6.99/£5.79 (Ends June 12, normally €7.99/£6.99)
SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19, normally €1.99/£1.79)
10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion) - €3.49/£3.09 (Ends June 19, normally €6.99/£6.29)
PIX3D (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends June 19, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Angry Bunnies (Cypronia) - €4.85/£4.49 (End July 31, normally €6.49/£5.99)
Bubble Pop World (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31, normally €4.99/£4.49)

So, €14.99 for Arkham Origins would be what? About 20 American dollars? I hope we get the sale then, because I'd bite at that price for sure. And I hope we get Minish Cap, been wanting to play for a long time.

tebunker

Banned
This week, in Europe

Wii U
Special offer until 30/06/2014: You can save £5.49 / €7.99 on Mario Kart 8 if you own Super Mario Kart or download it now! (Offer only valid if both games are purchased from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U by 30/06/2014. Super Mario Kart must be downloaded first.)
Gravity Badgers €4.99 (£4.99)

Wii U Virtual Console
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap €6.99 (£6.49)

3DS
Coaster Creater 3D €7.25 (£6.00)
Me & My Furry Patients 3D €29.99 (£24.99)
Castle Clout 3D €4.00 (£3.59)
BLUE EXORCIST MANGA VOL. 3 €4.49

3DS Virtual Console
The Mysterious Murasame Castle €4.99 (£4.49)
Mario Golf €4.99 (£4.49)

====

Price Reductions

Wii U
Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WB Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends June 5, normally €49.99/£39.99)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (WB Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends June 5, normally €49.99/£39.99)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom) - €8.99/£7.19 (Ends June 8, normally €14.99/£11.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €29.99/£23.99 (Ends June 8, normally €49.99/£39.99)

3DS
Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €17.99/£14.99 (Ends June 8, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends June 8, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (Capcom) - €11.99/£10.79 (Ends June 8, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (WB Games) - €9.99/£8.74 (Ends June 5, nomally €39.99/£34.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 19, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €6.99/£6.99 (Ends June 12, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£5.99 (Ends June 12, normally €14.99/£14.99)
3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.29 (Ends June 12, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Secret Agent Files: Maimi (Joindots) - €6.99/£5.79 (Ends June 12, normally €7.99/£6.99)
SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19, normally €1.99/£1.79)
10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion) - €3.49/£3.09 (Ends June 19, normally €6.99/£6.29)
PIX3D (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends June 19, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Angry Bunnies (Cypronia) - €4.85/£4.49 (End July 31, normally €6.49/£5.99)
Bubble Pop World (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Holy batman deals!

I may bite at some of those prices if it hits the Us shop. Injustice too

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, you can buy manga for your 3DS? How long as Europe had that going? Granted, I'd probably prefer physical or perhaps Vita for holding it vertically/bigger screen for reading, but still, that's interesting.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
sörine;113504749 said:

You mean PS3. But yeah, although visually the PS3 japanese version seem to look much better, Iron .galaxy did a decent port looking at the 360/ps3 demo but man I'm jealous of the retail JPN only release and how much it adds.

Also like to add in that the online is pretty much dead. created a game and started the campaign at level one and completed the game with ever anybody joining me. and i agree with sorine the port is fine. played the demo on ps3 and dont notice any difference.

Thanks! Luckily I don't care about online much

Like already said, no problems except online is dead

My main grip with the game is the fact that you keep shoving credits on it and you play and play until you finish

And this kills the challenge which kills the game, for me.

Dont ask me how they could solve this cause i really dont know. But i dont like games in which you can die as much as you want and it means nothing

(granted, A LOT of games nowdays work this way)

Nah, I play arcade games to 1cc and highscore them, I hate mindless credit feeding an arcade game just to say DONE! and accomplish nothing, arcade games/shmups/etc are my bread and butter so that won't bother me at all, thanks for the warning tho!

BooJoh

This week, in Europe

Wii U

So not only does Europe get 10 games to choose from instead of 4 like NA for the MK8 promotion, but if they bought Super Mario Kart on VC - which NA doesn't even have yet - they can save money on digital MK8?

I realize Wii U is doing worse in Europe than NA, but this is like rubbing salt in the wound. If we don't get Super Mario Kart this week in NA (and preferably this deal as well) I will be very disappointed.

Madao

So not only does Europe get 10 games to choose from instead of 4 like NA for the MK8 promotion, but if they bought Super Mario Kart on VC - which NA doesn't even have yet - they can save money on digital MK8?

I realize Wii U is doing worse in Europe than NA, but this is like rubbing salt in the wound. If we don't get Super Mario Kart this week in NA (and preferably this deal as well) I will be very disappointed.

NoA just hates everything. someone probably made a bet internally that NoA being NoA still wouldn't get the Wii U in America to sell as bad as in Europe.

jmizzal

We will prob get Mario Kart on the VC 5 months after Europe like we got SMB3

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What time do retail Nintendo games usually go up on the eShop?

I might make Mario Kart 8 my first retail purchase if it goes up at midnight.

Just a little reminder to my fellow euro 3DS gamers:
"The Mysterious Murasame Castle" (aka Nazo no Murasame Jō) is one of the best games that will ever hit the 3DS VC service.

I had the original game on the famicom disk system and I played it non stop. yes, it's THAT good. it's a gaming pleasure through and through and it's certainly one of the best EAD developed games out there. The music alone makes me want to dance through the living room.

I'm very very thankful that Nintendo releases this unusual japan-only gem on the 3DS.
4.90 is a steal if you consider that this game was only released on the famicom disk system and as part of the GBA famicom series.
btw: Nintendo Land has actualy a stage(Takamaru's Ninja Castle) based on "Nazo no Murasame Jō".
Get it. you will not regret it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTuthYEsUbk

Nico_D

Some tremendous offers, especially the Batman ones. I've already played Arkham City and at that price I'm tempted to get it permanently on my HDD.

Is Origins worth it? Destructoid hated it but many others say it's quite good.

L~A

Wait, you can buy manga for your 3DS? How long as Europe had that going? Granted, I'd probably prefer physical or perhaps Vita for holding it vertically/bigger screen for reading, but still, that's interesting.

Yup, they started with Inazuma Eleven 1 in February, but it only seems to be in France so far. There's 12 more mangas coming this week, from French publisher Kazé.

Mario Kart 8 costs 59.99€ on the eShop... that's 81$. So even with the Super Mario Kart discount, that's still 70 bucks. So while I agree the game selection in the US suxorz for current owners, it's not THAT bad since you get the game for muuuuch cheaper, even on the eShop.

Robin64

Even with the discount, we're still paying far more for Mario Kart 8 than our American cousins. Just look at it that way and it's fine. :)

Edit: Beaten like a first place racer on the last corner hit by a blue shell.

By Europe you mean France as from what I am aware it is on the French eShop only. The UK has no manga industry (just imports of US releases) and from what I gather France is the largest one in Europe.

Just a little reminder to my fellow euro 3DS gamers:
"The Mysterious Murasame Castle" (aka Nazo no Murasame Jō) is one of the best games that will ever hit the 3DS VC service.

I had the original game on the famicom disk system and I played it non stop. yes, it's THAT good. it's a gaming pleasure through and through and it's certainly one of the best EAD developed games out there. The music alone makes me want to dance through the living room.
Zelda 1 and The Mysterious Murasame Castle did have a couple of arranged vinyls put out in the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTobSuXqiVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRvoy2k4b6g

I own the Famicom mini version of the game. Maybe it is the squashed aspect ratio but I've gotten no further than about a quarter of the way through the game. The video you linked shows how brutal it is even if you do know where powerups are (from the few minutes I watch the player was gathering health restoration then getting hit right after).

Are the gyroscope controls in Resident Evil The Mercenaries good? It seems fun to me to play it this way, but I haven't played the game yet and would like to know your opinions.

I'm also considering Revelations, but I've tried the Wii U demo and hated aiming with the analog stick. Does aiminig work better with the gyroscope controls on the 3DS?

Ookaze

Neo Member
Mario Kart 8 costs 59.99€ on the eShop... that's 81$. So even with the Super Mario Kart discount, that's still 70 bucks. So while I agree the game selection in the US suxorz for current owners, it's not THAT bad since you get the game for muuuuch cheaper, even on the eShop.

You just forgot that our Euro prices include taxes, so no, it's not much cheaper, it's the same price or just a bit less than in America once you remove taxes, at least for France.

tebunker

Banned
Yup, they started with Inazuma Eleven 1 in February, but it only seems to be in France so far. There's 12 more mangas coming this week, from French publisher Kazé.

Are Europeans paid in US dollar equivalencies? No? Because I would argue that someone making 60k€ Or 60k in the UK makes more than someone making $60k in the US.

This argument about Euro prices being so much higher would only hold water when someone is paid in US equivalent dollars.

Not to mention that tax is included in those prices too.

Would it be better if the games were pretax priced with the currency exchange rate mind? Maybe? It would be near impossible to do. If we go that route then the prices should be compared against the currency of the publisher's home country not the dollar.

m0t0k1

By Europe you mean France as from what I am aware it is on the French eShop only. The UK has no manga industry (just imports of US releases) and from what I gather France is the largest one in Europe.

Zelda 1 and The Mysterious Murasame Castle did have a couple of arranged vinyls put out in the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTobSuXqiVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRvoy2k4b6g

I own the Famicom mini version of the game. Maybe it is the squashed aspect ratio but I've gotten no further than about a quarter of the way through the game. The video you linked shows how brutal it is even if you do know where powerups are (from the few minutes I watch the player was gathering health restoration then getting hit right after).

I also believe it is french only since it is also not up in the dutch eshop. I think the french manga industry is even bigger then in Amerika and after japan the biggest manga country. Last time i was in france even the smallest or biggest bookstores had some manga sections. While i have to go to specialiased shops to get manga here. Also the brawl rendition of Nazo no Murasamejo is really good more 8bit like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7BOApB7s4

BooJoh

You just forgot that our Euro prices include taxes, so no, it's not much cheaper, it's the same price or just a bit less than in America once you remove taxes, at least for France.

It depends on where you live in NA too. I believe MK8 will cost me $64.19 at 7% tax in my county in NC. I think some people still put in a false zip code to avoid tax on the eShop altogether too, though I'm not sure that still works.

I still wouldn't mind saving $8 for paying $1.50 to upgrade SMK (which I would upgrade either way.)

Surprise *Blox sale for Europe:
* Pullblox and Fallblox on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS will be available at the discounted price of £4.49 each from 29th May (15:00 local time) until 12th June (23:59 local time), after which they will revert to their regular prices of £5.39 and £7.19 respectively.
Also you might want them as they can net a 30% discount on the Wii U sequel to Pullblox (its done via the NNID so I'm out of luck *sigh*).

JP

This is my first launch Wii U game as I'm fairly new to the Wii U, I'm downloading it due to having a £10 Premium Network code, the Mario Kart (SNES) discount and an eShop card that I already had. Does anybody know what time Nintendo usually lists games in the UK? Will it be a midnight download or am I going to have to wit until later in the day?

EDIT:
Wow, just seen the Batman sale, some good prices!! Wait, Origins is actually a LOT cheaper on the UK PSN this week so will get them there instead.

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Edge (Rainy Frog | ¥400)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

hwy_61

Banned
No discount? Now that I think about it, has NOA ever done a cross buy discount? Always seems it's in Europe and Japan

They do a cross buy discount for wii to wii u virtual console games. Games that show up on Wii U VC cost $1.50 if you already own them on Wii. Works with Club Nintendo VC games too.

wsippel

Banned
France is certainly the largest market in Europe but Kazé is a Swiss/ French/ German company, so I guess we might see releases in German speaking countries if the French releases are sufficiently successful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh sweet, glad to see Klonoa come to the US eShop. Really hope the sequel gets re-released as well.

Top Bottom