• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

TheMoon

For anyone curious abut the Little Orbit sale on the eShop, I've compiled all of the individual games and prices.

[Wii U] Falling Skies: The Game - $4.99 thru 5/31 (was $9.99)

wtf why aren't they doing this sale in Europe?! I'd totally buy this for €5 (hell, even just €10 probably). I know the game isn't good but even a mediocre XCOM clone for that price is worth five bucks on Wii U to me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey, I just noticed that there's a new free theme on the 3DS theme shop: MH4U Ultimate Hunter's Weapon Gallery. Seems it's to celebrate 1 million copies shipped in the US and EU & is free for a limited time.

zroid

Banned
Oh hey, I just noticed that there's a new free theme on the 3DS theme shop: MH4U Ultimate Hunter's Weapon Gallery. Seems it's to celebrate 1 million copies shipped in the US and EU & is free for a limited time.

pretty nice actually. like the music.

will add to my rotation

TheMoon

Not available in EU. :(

G.O.O.

Can someone explain me why nintendo bothered to make sin & punishment playable on the gamepad alone (and it's a pain in the arse) but not Kirby wii, which needs a wiimote ?

Please tell me I'm doing it wrong because that makes no sense to me :|

Robin64

Can someone explain me why nintendo bothered to make sin & punishment playable on the gamepad alone (and it's a pain in the arse) but not Kirby wii, which needs a wiimote ?

Please tell me I'm doing it wrong because that makes no sense to me :|

Because Kirby's Adventure Wii doesn't use the Classic Controller while Sin and Punishment 2 does.

TheMoon

Because Kirby's Adventure Wii doesn't use the Classic Controller while Sin and Punishment 2 does.

What I don't understand about this stuff is that the CC sent its inputs through the Wiimote. So then why can't they support sideways-held Wiimote controls, too?! DKCR and Kirby should be compatible that way since they can even replicate the shaking motions. This is so bizarre and such a bummer. Especially since ALL the Wii games that support GamePad controls, ALL of them without exception (Zangeki, PT, S&P2), are far superior and best played with a Wiimote + Nunchuk instead.

Robin64

What I don't understand about this stuff is that the CC sent its inputs through the Wiimote. So then why can't they support sideways-held Wiimote controls, too?! DKCR and Kirby should be compatible that way since they can even replicate the shaking motions. This is so bizarre and such a bummer. Especially since ALL the Wii games that support GamePad controls, ALL of them without exception (Zangeki, PT, S&P2), are far superior and best played with a Wiimote + Nunchuk instead.

Oh I agree, it is utterly bizarre. Kirby would be perfect on the GamePad, and I refuse to believe that Nintendo couldn't map "shaking the GamePad" to "shaking a Wiimote".

And yeah, anyone playing those games with GamePad controls is in for a world of pain and in most cases may even think the game is crap.

Another poor show to add to the evergrowing list..

tolkir

Atlus news

Hold on for some important Attack on Titan news! The first official AOT game swings to western shores via Omni-directional Mobility Gear on May 12 for $39.99!

HOWEVER, the downside to that is due to a copyright claim in Europe, the EU version will henceforth be known as Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains, and is currently delayed. We don't have an exact launch date yet, but we're shooting for as soon as possible. Stay tuned for more info!

BUT WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Everyone who purchases Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains or Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains will receive a unique Attack on Titan theme for Nintendo 3DS FREE. This theme will not be available for purchase separately, it's only available by purchasing the game. (But as you correctly inferred, this means both the Americas and Europe will receive the theme!)

Now that the business is out of the way, on to the fun! We have a brand new character trailer for the characters you can play as in Attack on Titan! From the greenhorns like Eren Jager and Armin Arlet to the experienced Levi, the captain of the Scout Regiment, players will be able to step into the shoes of their favorite character and relive the plot of the anime!

Source

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, I wonder why there was a copyright claim for Attack on Titan. Least it's still the Japanese name and they didn't change it to something else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah it's strange, the manga is out here under the Attack on Titan name.
You don't suppose for some strange reason, who ever has the manga &/or anime rights in EU was like "NO, you can't use it for your game?" though I can't imagine that being the reason.

One of these days, I want to take the time to learn about licensing, copyrighting, etc. and games.

maxcriden

Doing my bit for the Wii U indie scene and keeping max happy to boot.

u8FDD0g.png

Look at it, blinking blue, begging me to play it...

Yay! Very glad to see it. Enjoy the game :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just found out in the new house that our bedroom is directly above the TV bellow, and the Gamepad works from the bed! Tried it tonight to see if it reached!

Yay!

Oh man! Another big month for indies! Can't wait to be the only person to buy them while you guys bitch about not being able to repurchase a bunch of rom dumps!

:p

zroid

Banned
Story of Seasons is life-consuming... this could easily become my most-played 3DS game

well... 2nd most is more likely. doubt anything surpasses Animal Crossing.

Story of Seasons is life-consuming... this could easily become my most-played 3DS game

well... 2nd most is more likely. doubt anything surpasses Animal Crossing.

I thought Animal Crossing was the undisputed king for me too (600+ hours) but I can see Monster Hunter 4 taking it, which is insane, but it just has a ridiculous amount of content!

zroid

Banned
I thought Animal Crossing was the undisputed king for me too (600+ hours) but I can see Monster Hunter 4 taking it, which is insane, but it just has a ridiculous amount of content!

Haha, I'll be diving into MH4 pretty soon... probably just as soon as I'm done with SoS.

I'd been putting it off 'cause I wanted to get a New 3DS XL first (couldn't handle the camera when I played the demo on my old 3DS). I finally got it last week so I'm good to go.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think Tales is the game I spent the most time playing and doing new stuff.

SFIV is my top clocked, but that's just playing over and over.

I have over 225 hours of Smash 3DS and that number keeps going. I really hope there isn't a 999 hour limit to games on the Activity Log because I love it and wouldn't want my play time to stop.

2nd place is Pokemon at around 140 hours. Going up, but not by much. Not playing it much anymore.

Then Mario Kart 7 at 60 hours. Dunno how much I'll play it after MK8. Unlike Smash WiiU, which I don't own since I vastly prefer portables, MK8 coming out a couple years after MK7 helped me actually transition lol.

Anywayz: It feels good to actually have some money saved up! I now have a whopping $22 on the eShop. Not sure what I'll spend it on tho lol. Currently playing Mighty Gunvolt so I'll probably get the DLC Stages but dunno what else I'll get. Looking at Shantae (GBC), Mega Man 4, Mega Man Battle Network, Witch & Hero, Azure Striker Gunvolt, and that demo of that Adventure Bar game or whatever was kinda fun. The DSI Shantae I got lost alot in so I dunno if I'll like the GBC one. I thought it was because I sucked at Metroidvanias but I did Super Metroid without really getting lost so I dunno lol. Theres also that Kung Fu Rabbit sale. Might get that. Been wanting to getmy first Entrian game with 4 so I may wait for a eventual sale but I prefer physical so not sure on that.

So exciting when I have money to blow lol.

terrisus

For me:
3: 35:45 - Asphalt 3D (most of that being my wife before we got her a 3DS for herself)
2: 43:24 - Ocarina of Time 3D
1: 63:56 -
Nintendo eShop

GulAtiCa

A-Train 3D has already cracked my top 10 on 3DS! Really fun and addicting game for those that grew up with Sim City 2000.

Robin64

For me:

3) 53:47 - Mario Kart 7
2) 72:27 - Pokemon Y
1) 231:00 - Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Bonus: Pokemon Shuffle already at 9th with 39:20

tolkir

X) 131:33 <1391 times used> - Nintendo eShop (Best game)
1) 63:05 - Pokemon Shuffle
2) 53:47 - Project X Zone
3) 46:24 - Tales of the Abyss

I need to enter less on the eShop. u_u

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
1st: Super Smash Bros (115:17)
2nd: StreetPass Mii Plaza (84:45)
3rd: Pokemon Shuffle (82:51)
4th: Project X Zone (64:48)
5th: Persona Q, which I still haven't finished (47:37)
6th: eShop (42:05?! How does one even stay in the shop that l..oh right, downloading stuff)
7th: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (39:07)
8th: Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (35:05)
9th: Kid Icarus: Uprising (34:07)
10th: Senran Kagura Burst (32:00)

zroid

Banned
Legend of Legacy might be getting localized?

I was interested in that but apparently it's not quite what I had been expecting

steveovig

I figured I'd get in on this action...

1-Animal Crossing New Leaf (459:43, mostly from my wife)
2-Dragon Quest V (41:49, stopped at the last boss)
3-Zelda Spirit Tracks (39:25, stopped before the last dungeon)
4-Color Cross (31:55)
5-Dragon Quest VI (30:55)
6-Zelda OOT 3D (29:48)
7-Picross 3D (29:16)
8-NSMB 2 (24:47)
9-Animal Color Cross (21:11)
10-Mario Kart 7 (20:59)

maxcriden

This is for 2014 only, for my wife and I. Checked this on 12/30/14. I'll get my overall #'s when I take a break from BOXBOY! but I'm too lazy to quit and reload it right now.

60,800 steps

52 titles / 302:27

NSMB 57:50
Hatsworth 36:27
Pushmo 32:05
Kid Icarus: Uprising 29:35
Dream Team 24:18
Style Savvy: Trendsetters 24:01
Kirby: Triple Deluxe 18:52
Monster Tale 12:41
Art Academy: First Semester 8:54
Art Academy: Lessions 8:00
Yoshi's New Island 7:33

For anyone interested:

3DS Activity Log Year-End Discussion. 2014 edition

Is that the Earthbound-alike?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Netflix 334:28
Nintendo 3DS Sound: 229:01
Super Smash Bros. 168:48
Fire Emblem Awakening 159:32
Animal Crossing: New Leaf 133:43
Fantasy Life™ 128:37 (Number 1 in average time played of 16:04! Only played 8 times!)
Streetpass Mii Plaza 119:43 (Played 900 times!!!!)
Internet Browser 106:11
Bravely Default 92:17
MH3U 89:52 (Like a thousand if you combine the Wii U time)

If you want to take out the 3 apps the next three games are:

Shin Megami Tensei IV 79:00
Pokémon X 73:59
Pokémon Black Version 60:00

My Activity Log is a bit inflated because I share the 3DS and games with my brother and we both play a lot. These are my top five most played:

Animal Crossing 1128:30 (1019 times)
Bravely Default 281:00 (206)
Shin Megami Tensei IV 250:17 (193)
Fire Emblem Awakening 182:22 (137)
Kid Icarus Uprising 95:30 (132)

No surprises there, I guess. These are all very long, time consuming games and we both like to complete games as much as we can. The time should be about equally split between the two of us, but he usually takes a bit longer than I do. Aside from these, the StreetPass Mii Plaza has been played for 310 hours and 1245 times (whoa...)

The 3DS's Activity Log is great, I like checking it regularly. It's such a shame the Wii U's Daily Log is so lackluster in comparison.

Fantasy Life&#8482; 128:37 (Number 1 in average time played of 16:04! Only played 8 times!)
Holy crap! Haha. At one point I also used to just let the 3DS sleeping between Animal Crossing sessions. I know I'd probably sink as much time into Fantasy Life if I could play it.

I'm not typically a platform beggar, but rumors are floating that Koji Igarashi will launch his "dream game" Kickstarter tomorrow (very likely for what will be to Castlevania as Mighty No. 9 was to Mega Man).

Naturally this will (and should) be for a plethora of platforms, but I'm twitching with excitement that 3DS is in that list because 2D in 3D is pretty much one of my favorite things ever.

TheMoon

I'm not typically a platform beggar, but rumors are floating that Koji Igarashi will launch his "dream game" Kickstarter tomorrow (very likely for what will be to Castlevania as Mighty No. 9 was to Mega Man).

Naturally this will (and should) be for a plethora of platforms, but I'm twitching with excitement that 3DS is in that list because 2D in 3D is pretty much one of my favorite things ever.

Well, GBA & DS is the only place where Castlevania has existed in this century so I'm sure 3DS is in the cards.

TheMoon

Is this a "Lords of Shadow is crap" thing, or did you just forget? :p

I most certainly did not forget. ;)

Oh and I was talking about Castlevania games. :D

(I ignored the WiiWare/XBLA games because those mostly flew under the radar)

Top Bottom