• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

deadfolk

Finally picked up a Wii U from Argos. €300 for the MK8 bundle and got a €10 voucher, Fifa 13 and Mass Effect 3 for free.

I put the voucher toward Mario 3D world, and traded the games in (don't want Fifa, already played ME3, kept MK8) so I only had to put €3 to get a used Zombi U. Then picked up Deus Ex:HE for €20.

Got enough coins from the whole thing to buy Link to the Past.

I think I did good!

TheMoon

[...]so I only had to put €3 to get a used Zombi U. Then picked up Deus Ex:HE for €20.
I think I did good!

You're already making good decisions! Although you could've gotten a brand new copy of ZombiU from thegamecollection.net for 5GBP.

iUfLVAS.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Holy crap! Haha. At one point I also used to just let the 3DS sleeping between Animal Crossing sessions. I know I'd probably sink as much time into Fantasy Life if I could play it.

Fantasy Life is around the time I gave up on checking my streetpass plaza and I played it for two straight months. Quite likely the only times I rebooted the thing were a quick visit to the eshop to buy something new (that I'd just ignore for Fantasy Life!) or maybe to get something from Pokémon Bank, oh and one or two times because I drained the battery and had to turn the system completely off.

deadfolk

You're already making good decisions! Although you could've gotten a brand new copy of ZombiU from thegamecollection.net for 5GBP.

I know, but the € rate is crap, and by the time you add postage to Ireland and Irish Vat, there's not much point!

It's taken me most of the day to get the system and games updated and my Nintendo id and Mii transferred. Now for dinner and an evening with everyone's favorite plumber.

Well it took me a while, but I chose Advance Wars as my platinum reward. I never played it before and am really enjoying it. Is there any news on the second GBA title coming on the eshop?

Ladekabel

Going to be away for a few days in the coming week. Anyone got some suggestions I can buy for 4.30€ in the eShop?

Finally picked up a Wii U from Argos. €300 for the MK8 bundle and got a €10 voucher, Fifa 13 and Mass Effect 3 for free.

I put the voucher toward Mario 3D world, and traded the games in (don't want Fifa, already played ME3, kept MK8) so I only had to put €3 to get a used Zombi U. Then picked up Deus Ex:HE for €20.

I think I did good!

bZFidjO.gif

tolkir

I'm not typically a platform beggar, but rumors are floating that Koji Igarashi will launch his "dream game" Kickstarter tomorrow (very likely for what will be to Castlevania as Mighty No. 9 was to Mega Man).

Naturally this will (and should) be for a plethora of platforms, but I'm twitching with excitement that 3DS is in that list because 2D in 3D is pretty much one of my favorite things ever.

Finally, the sequel of Castlevania Judgment that we deserve.

I think I did good!

Buying Zombi U, you did already good.
Try 200cc in MK8. So good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got 10,521 blocks left on my 64 mirco SD card. That's 1.3 GB. Not going to make it through the summer with that, no chance. Got a 128 GB in the mail today (on a Sunday! Amazon is insane) so it's time to do a little surgery.

I'm pretty sure I'll hit the app limit before needing a 256!

Chrom

Looks like a sale for Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom went up on the 3DS eShop in NA some time ago. $14.99 thru 5/31 (was $19.99).

jholmes

I think I did good!

Awesome haul, you got one of the best games on the system, possibly the single best third-party game for the system and the best survival horror game in many years, and then the greatest Zelda game.

Enjoy, and I hope your fantastic taste in video games continues to serve you well on the Wii U!

Jeeves

Could anyone tell me if the Wii U eshop offers a discount for N64 games that you already own on Wii VC, like they do for NES/SNES games? Thinking of spending some club nintendo coins on Mario 64(Wii) to get a discount for it on Wii U.

maxcriden

Could anyone tell me if the Wii U eshop offers a discount for N64 games that you already own on Wii VC, like they do for NES/SNES games? Thinking of spending some club nintendo coins on Mario 64(Wii) to get a discount for it on Wii U.

The only game it won't let you upgrade is DK 64.

Pokemaniac

Yep, you get the N64 games for $2 if you own the Wii versions.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
The only game it won't let you upgrade is DK 64.

Wait why? Not that I own DK64 on VC on either console, but that just seems weird.

Top 10 for me:
1. Fire Emblem Awakening - 157:43
2. Bravely Default - 131:12
3. Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones) - 119:00
4. Tales of the Abyss - 69:08
5. Ocarina of Time 3D - 67:01
6. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - 51:36
7. Pokemon X - 47:45 (never quite finished this, so this may go up)
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - 46:46
9. Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 45:15
10. Streetpass Mii Plaza - 40:36

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DK 64 never was on the Wii VC in the first place. You can only upgrade games that were on the original Wii VC and are now on the Wii U VC, like Super Mario 64.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, many people (myself included) figured there'd be some licensing issues with the fact you have to play an arcade game, Jet Pac, in order to progress in the game. Thing is, that was made & owned by Rare, which is now technically owned by Microsoft.

I guess Nintendo worked out some deal because from what I've heard, the Wii U VC version is completely unchanged. Though I think you can actually use save states during Jet Pac & Donkey Kong (arcade).

My 3DS top 12 are all 100+ hours.
I don't play home consoles anymore and haven't done regularly for a couple of years now but still..... shiiieeettt!

12) Mario Kart 7 - 100:21
11) nintendogs + cats - 102:29
10) Bravely Default - 114:46
9) Super Smash Bros. - 147:01
8) Fantasy Life - 179:08
7) Pocket Football Club - 222:07
6) Tomodachi Life - 225:39
5) Streetpass Mii Plaza - 260:43
4) Pokemon X - 304:28
3) Monster Hunter 3 - 333:43
2) Monster Hunter 4 - 375:40
1) Animal Crossing - 602:24

I've opened Streetpass Plaza 1619 times :lol

3DS might pip the Dreamcast to be my favourite platform actually. The fact I want to replay my entire DS collection means it's still got a couple of years in it too!

DagsJT

Surprised to see such high times for playing times. I know I haven't played on my 3DS a huge amount since getting it but my highest played game is Animal Crossing at 30 hours followed by Fantasy Life on 18 hours.

L~A

Yeah, there's two PR. The one from Nintendo UK, and the one from NoE. The one from NoE just came out. The one from NUK will most likely come out tomorrow.

JoeM86

I stand corrected. Thanks to NintenDaan

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Nintendo, available May 8) - €39.99/£34.99 (€35.99/£31.49 if you downloaded a Kirby title to your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS before, deal ends May 14)
Explore a wonderful world of clay in a colourful platforming adventure and return colour to Dream Land in Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for Wii U! Use the Wii U GamePad touch screen to draw rainbow ropes for Kirby to roll along, or to block obstacles and enemies. There are loads of collectibles to find in every stage, so search every corner to track everything down!

Yoshi's Island DS (Nintendo, DS VC) - €9.99
Return to Yoshi's Island for an original adventure in the spirit of the Super Nintendo classic. Yoshi can team up with not only Baby Mario and Baby Luigi but also baby versions of Peach, Donkey Kong, Wario and even Bowser. Yoshi can also transform into a helicopter, tank or submarine. Traverse five sprawling worlds by using the unique abilities of each baby sidekick - from Baby Mario's dash technique or Baby DK's swing ability, to Baby Bowser's fiery breath - and stop the evil Kamek's plans.

Trine Enchanted Edition Demo (Frozenbyte) - Free
Trine Enchanted Edition is the origin story for the three unlikely heroes of Trine - Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief. Spellbound by the magical object Trine, the heroes must join forces to overcome obstacles and puzzles in a fully interactive physics-based world, battle the undead and their minions, and restore balance to the kingdom!

Zen Pinball 2: Iron & Steel Pack (Zen Studios) - €4.99 (Free trial also available)
Want to battle your way through menacing hordes of Vikings or take on a crooked gang of outlaws in the Old West? You can do that and more in Iron & Steel Pack, an exciting pinball table two-pack that combines Zen's own epic medieval adventure CastleStorm with Wild West Rampage, an all-new table where you can play as Cindy, a tough-as-nails frontier bounty hunter in the Old West! Barge into a world of dragons and trains, swords and six-shooters, the perfect blend of the Middle Ages and the Wild West!

Disclaimer: The trial version of this content must first be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop in order to purchase the full version.

Zen Pinball 2: Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron (Zen Studios) - €2.99 (Free trial also available)
Experience the events of the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. See the Avengers when they are put to the ultimate test as they battle to save the planet from destruction at the hands of the villainous Ultron.

Disclaimer: The trial version of this content must first be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop in order to purchase the full version.

Special offers
Puddle (Neko Entertainment) - €1.99 (Ends May 14, regular price €6.99)
TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games) - €4.99 (Ends May 21, regular price €7.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €7.19 (Ends May 21, regular price €7.99)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €4.49 (Ends May 28, regular price €8.99)
Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte) - €8.99 (Ends May 21, regular price €12.99)
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €8.49 (Ends May 21, regular price €16.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (Nintendo) - €29.99
Role-playing elements and match-three puzzle fun meet in Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, available only on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. In a single package containing both games, explore dungeons, command monsters and defeat enemy hordes in Puzzle & Dragons Z, or travel the Mushroom Kingdom to rescue Peach in Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.

Bloo Kid 2 (Winterworks) - €3.99
Bloo Kid 2 is a classic 2D retro-style platformer experience with lovely designed pixel-graphics and a full chiptune soundtrack. Run, jump and swim your way through five huge worlds with nine levels each. Master brutal boss fights and discover lots of secrets in the world of Bloo Kid 2. After rescuing his girlfriend from the hands of the evil wizard, Bloo Kid and Pink Girl enjoy life with their newborn "Pink Kid". But then, a whole new adventure starts just out of the bloo...

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Hunter's Weapon Gallery (Capcom, Theme) - Free (available until July 4)
A special theme from Capcom to celebrate MH4U shipping over 1 million units in Europe and the Americas! Only for a limited time!

Special offers
Kirby Weeks: Part Three (7 May 2015 - 14 May 2015)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) - €29.99 (regular price €39.99)

Nintendo eShop is celebrating the Kirby series with discounts on a selection of Kirby games every week between 23 April 2015 and 14 May 2015! From 7 May until 14 May 2015 users can save 25% on the regular price of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Fans of the Kirby series can also look forward to a 10% fan discount on Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush from the game's release on 8th May 2015 until 14th May 2015. If a title from the Kirby series for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS has been downloaded before, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush can be purchased on Nintendo eShop for just €35.99/£31.49 instead of the regular price of €39.99/£34.99

*One game from the Kirby series must have been downloaded from Nintendo eShop before the purchase of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush must be purchased from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U console or with the same Nintendo Network ID linked to the Nintendo 3DS system that the Kirby title was downloaded to.

Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare (Bigben Interactive) - €19.99 (Ends May 14, regular price €34.99)
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) - €7.99 (Ends May 21, regular price €14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (ATLUS) - €9.99 (Ends May 14, regular price €19.99)
Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends May 28, regular price €3.99)
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends May 28, regular price €3.99)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €4.49 (Ends May 21, regular price €8.99)
3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99 (Ends May 21, regular price €4.99)
Atlantic Quest (Joindots) - €5.59 (Ends May 21, regular price €6.99)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €5.59 (Ends May 21, regular price €6.99)
Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59 (Ends May 21, regular price €6.99)
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99 (Ends May 14, regular price €7.99)
Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut (Teyon) - €0.99 (Permanent, was €1.99)
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/252211-...nloads-may-7-yoshi-s-island-ds-kirby-and-more

L~A

NoE wants that everyone buy Elliot Quest and Affordable Space Adventures.
2 weeks with 0 digital eShop releases on Wii U.

It was already known. ;)
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161521723&postcount=1334

No, I've "known" before that... the very day they announced the Kirby Weeks actually.

It's the same "pattern" as the two other similar sales (Donkey Kong and Zelda). The last week was only for retail games, and since KTD is the only retail Kirby game on Wii U / 3DS...

TheMoon

Well, that's strange and awkward...

It's actually perfectly normal. That's how a lot of PSN and pretty much all XBLA games worked. Often those with a demo. Everyone downloads the full game but should you want to purchase it after the demo/trial is over, you just need to download an "unlock key" since you already have all the data.

daydream

Banned
I don't think it's a demo > unlock full game situation. The Pinball FX/Zen Pinball games work with a hub where all the tables you've purchased are listed. I'm assuming the "demo" version is said shell. The wording is a bit awkward but I guess it's less misleading to more casual customers than saying the game is "free" and then listing tables as add-ons.

maxcriden

LinkedIn profile of Next Level Games' employee points to secret project featuring online component (UPDATE)

UPDATE - Another LinkedIn profile points to an unannounced project from LinkedIn that has a story focus

Gary Shaw's LinkedIn profile hints to an online mode for NLG's secret project. @GoNintendoTweet @Emi1yRogers pic.twitter.com/fLIG2dQtUR
— SalvadoRPG (@SalvadoRPG97) May 4, 2015
Well, there's a little tidbit of info on one of the secret projects that Next Level is working on! Hopefully we'll find out about some of these projects come E3!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/252222-...ret-project-featuring-online-component-update

Top Bottom