• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

terrisus

Fair point, terri. I've decided 2TB will be excessive (since I'm all the way #teamphysical). Any suggestions for 500GB/1TB drives?

At a quick look, any below 2TB are mainly going to be portable hard drives. rather than external/desktop hard drives.

When I got Max a hard drive for his WiiU, I went with a 2TB one, because you're really not saving much/anything by going down to 1TB either.

Also, for external hard drives, I'm more a fan of Western Digital rather than Seagate anyway.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2TB USB 2.0 drives that are powered via a wall outlet were cheap as hell when I bought them for myself and my friend.

Remk

should I get Cave Story and Grinsia for the 3DS?

Don"t get Grinsia, it's yet another bland 16 bit styled rpg from Kemco.

Couple of questions myself:
Is 1001 spikes bug free on 3DS now?
And VVVVVV is a solid port right? I dont think I can wait until 2018 for the Vita release

tim1138

Don"t get Grinsia, it's yet another bland 16 bit styled rpg from Kemco.

Couple of questions myself:
Is 1001 spikes bug free on 3DS now?
And VVVVVV is a solid port right? I dont think I can wait until 2018 for the Vita release

To echo the others, VVVVVV is fantastic on 3DS.

Supposedly these will be added to the Humble Bundle on Tuesday:

-Sportsball [Wii U]
-The Swapper [Wii U]
-Ultratron [Wii U]
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse [WiiU/3DS]

At a quick look, any below 2TB are mainly going to be portable hard drives. rather than external/desktop hard drives.

When I got Max a hard drive for his WiiU, I went with a 2TB one, because you're really not saving much/anything by going down to 1TB either.

Also, for external hard drives, I'm more a fan of Western Digital rather than Seagate anyway.

2TB?

What are you putting on there?!?

I think the insistence for HDD and Solid State drives for a very slight incremental increase in speeds so minute is a waste of money.

terrisus

2TB?

What are you putting on there?!?

I think the insistence for HDD and Solid State drives for a very slight incremental increase in speeds so minute is a waste of money.

Well, I need more space than the WiiU's internal hard drive has.
External/Desktop hard drives are a much easier setup than Portable hard drives
And, with External/Desktop hard drives. as I said, you're not saving much (if anything) by going with less than a 2TB these days.

Solid State Drives connected by USB are silly though, I agree with that.

foltzie1

Well, I need more space than the WiiU's internal hard drive has.
External/Desktop hard drives are a much easier setup than Portable hard drives
And, with External/Desktop hard drives. as I said, you're not saving much (if anything) by going with less than a 2TB these days.

Solid State Drives connected by USB are silly though, I agree with that.

I'm using a sub stick now and would consider a repurposed SSD if I could avoid an external power supply.

I'm not anti HDD, but my setup is a little space limited. I'm rather annoyed that Nintendo doesn't offer a internal bay for something or allow the SD slot for Wii U use.

Edit: awkward last sentence.

TheMoon

I'm using a sub stick now and would consider a repurposed SSD if I could avoid an external power supply.

I'm not anti HDD, but my setup is a little space limited. I'm rather annoyed that Nintendo doesn't offer a internal bay for something or allow hardbody the SD slot for. Wii U use.

If there were an internal bay, the console would have to be bigger. Just buy a small external one. They barely take up space these days.

zigg

I've been doing really well with this stick for several months now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT7DOSE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Someone in a past thread had determined it used the same controller as SanDisk SSDs, so it seemed to be a pretty reliable bet. Agonized over it quite a bit because of Nintendo rightly warning against using USB sticks (since so many of them are terrible), but I think this is working out. No extra power needed.

I mostly buy physical where available, but still ran out of space on my Basic.

RK128

so YES on Cave Story?

I've heard great things about that game, so while I never owned it on either my Wii or 2DS (plan on getting it sometime next week), the game is well worth the current sale price :).

Great 2D platformer that is a hybrid of sorts between Mega Man and Metroid; the former for its moment to moment jump n' shoot gameplay and the latter for lots of exploration and stuff :).

Highly recommend that and VVVVV (another game on this sale) :D.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so YES on Cave Story?
Yup. I played the WiiWare version after hearing positive reactions & was very pleased. It even helps that there's a bit of replay value with a few endings, a couple of weapons that you can only obtain via certain methods (i.e the longer you wait to upgrade, the better the weapon you'll get), and it's a good length for replaying. Not too short, & not too long.

$5 for a portable version is a great deal.

wilflare

Yup. I played the WiiWare version after hearing positive reactions & was very pleased. It even helps that there's a bit of replay value with a few endings, a couple of weapons that you can only obtain via certain methods (i.e the longer you wait to upgrade, the better the weapon you'll get), and it's a good length for replaying. Not too short, & not too long.

$5 for a portable version is a great deal.

it's the only portable version available right?
I was thinking of getting Cave Story 3D... but was disappointed it's not on the eShop

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was thinking of getting Cave Story 3D... but was disappointed it's not on the eShop
The downloadable version is closer to the original/WiiWare. That 3D one was a complete remake, but yeah, for some reason, it STILL isn't on the eShop & is rather pricey. Like, $25ish for an used copy.

Bowl0l

I chose to get P&Dz over Splatoon... I feel dirty
Don't worry. Splatoon will get a discount (give it 3 months).
An online shooter game without a steady supply of online players will kill this game very fast. The way Nintendo handle Amiibo supplies will not prolong the games replay value..

@MUWANdo

Banned
Something Harvest Moon is likely getting announced for Wii U at E3. Since 64 isn't happening, it's likely an HD game for both Steam and Wii U.

What makes you say that? They usually give pretty blatant hints but I haven't seen anything to suggest a HM console or PC game, and this stuff tends to leak in advance via ESRB anyway.

An online shooter game without a steady supply of online players will kill this game very fast. The way Nintendo handle Amiibo supplies will not prolong the games replay value..

This is very funny. P&DZ is more likely to get a discount before Splatoon. Splatoon won't have any shortage of online players, especially with the few online modes it has, compared to the 10s other shooters have. I fail to see how amiibo supplies have anything to do with replay value.

I chose to get both P&DZ and Splatoon.

Pokemaniac

I was rather thoroughly disappointed with Cave Story 3D. While in retrospect, some of the disappointment was because I was a bit burnt out on Cave Story at the time, I can definitely say that the 3D art didn't really work for the game. While it looked pretty, it made the game much harder to play.

Eh, wait... Are you saying that P&DZ will sell more and for a longer time than Splatoon...? Well, at least you're original, I'll give you that.

Tizoc

Hotel Dusk is friggin' amazing.
Shame about the company that made the game though =(
tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano6_250.gif
tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano9_250.gif
tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano10_250.gif

tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano8_250.gif
tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano7_250.gif

tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano3_250.gif
tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano4_250.gif
tumblr_munnrogtT71s2p1ano2_250.gif

Wonder if this game'd ever make it on the Wii U DS classics...

sörine

Banned
What makes you say that? They usually give pretty blatant hints but I haven't seen anything to suggest a HM console or PC game, and this stuff tends to leak in advance via ESRB anyway.
According to the official E3 site Natsume has 2 Wii U products coming; an action game and a simulation game. The former is probably Brave Tank Hero, the latter we have no idea on. A Lost Valley port is as good a guess as any?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Wonder if this game'd ever make it on the Wii U DS classics...

Sequel isn't bad either. Definitely glad I imported it.

Bowl0l

This is very funny. P&DZ is more likely to get a discount before Splatoon. Splatoon won't have any shortage of online players, especially with the few online modes it has, compared to the 10s other shooters have. I fail to see how amiibo supplies have anything to do with replay value.

I chose to get both P&DZ and Splatoon.
I didn't imply that P&D Z won't get discount. Since Wil decided to delay his purchase, might as well wait for Nintendo's eventual discount or any form of similar promotion like Mario Kart 8.
btw, i thought that Splatoon Amiibo unlocks more single player challenge? For me, it increase replay value.
Eh, wait... Are you saying that P&DZ will sell more and for a longer time than Splatoon...? Well, at least you're original, I'll give you that.
Sorry, i didn't imply that P&D Z is better than Splatoon. Only being overtly optimistic that Splatoon will get some kind of promotion like for Euro, it's a 10% day one discount if you participate in the test fire demo.

Robin64

btw, i thought that Splatoon Amiibo unlocks more single player challenge? For me, it increase replay value.

They basically let you use a different weapon on the same single player levels already in the game, and give you some armor for doing so.

Bowl0l

They basically let you use a different weapon on the same single player levels already in the game, and give you some armor for doing so.
That's a relief. Now I will be looking forward on Nintendo's plans to keep the online play active, as long it doesn't involve Amiibos.

Ladekabel

Looked through the 3DS eShop yesterday and saw Colour Zen. Just had enough credit left in my account to buy it. The game is simple and pretty good.

Remk

VVVVV is fantastic on the 3DS. Probably their best port overall.

Omigosh, yes. It's so good. Very impressive port indeed!

VVVVVV on 3DS is fucking amazing is what it is.

To echo the others, VVVVVV is fantastic on 3DS.

The people have spoken!
And I am out 4 dollars on my Eshop account, but you guys were right, flawless port so far after playing for half an hour.

Couple of things to highlight:
- I love the soundtrack so much, how can you not get pumped up to continue playing?
- Also enjoy how the game doesn't waste time on tutorials or other nonsense, it basically says "there's your checkpoint now get to the other one"

So good :)

terrisus

I chose to get P&Dz over Splatoon... I feel dirty

I'm passing on Splatoon entirely.
Just not my type of game.

This is very funny. P&DZ is more likely to get a discount before Splatoon.

thisisneogaf.gif

Indeed, Cing made some amazing games.
I'm really disappointed that they didn't sell better, and that the company isn't around anymore =(

Ladekabel

sörine;165880628 said:
NOA needs to do a Humble VC Bundle next.

At first they should make a world wide bundle. I have 10€ sitting on my bank account which would love to be spend on the Humble Nindie Bundle if only the codes would be redeemable in Europe.

I will now be disappointed every week when we don't get Trauma Team. NOA don't crush my soul every week, please. At least make it this year. ;-;

daydream

Banned
I will now be disappointed every week when we don't get Trauma Team. NOA don't crush my soul every week, please. At least make it this year. ;-;

you guys can play it on Wii; meanwhile, we never got the game.

and knowing atlus, we're being set up for disappointment AGAIN

Top Bottom