• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

Nairume

Banned
Yeah, I really like it. I'd actually be a lot more torn up about the controls being messed up were it not for how I've already finished the main game
though, I guess some would say Antarctica is the true meat of the game
, have gotten a lot of play out of the side modes, and can still play it with a pro controller.

Which, I guess that last bit is probably important to people considering it. You can play it with a pro controller. The tablet is just out of the question for now, which is hilarious considering the patch that caused this was adding off-tv play.

Just browsing the eshop again to figure out what to buy next. Wondering if the Harvest Moon Tale of 2 Cities is worth picking up.

Also the sale on VVVVVV and Night Sky is pretty good. I already have those games though, just saying.

maxcriden

i always forget how good the eShop browser is. very smooth to use.

anyway i cant recommend VVVVVV strongly enough. great game and tons of fun. spent like an hour and a half 'doing things the hard way' one time and that was a big chunk of my playthrough. a bit frustrating to do that part but still super fun. still need to 100% the game.

Yeah, the eShop music is sounding really good. I think it's Mario themed for the Puzzle and Dragons Mario game. My battery is already running low from sitting with the eshop open. My 2DS needs to be constantly plugged in.

Also.. Hearing reports that a generated code can generate it's own code on use... Can anyone that had a Don't Starve code via someone else, try it and see if it gives you a new code to give away?
Whoa, that would be something. Hm... I'm willing to take the dive and sacrifice myself, I just need a donation ^^u
A bit more seriously, if someone has a spare code they absolutely don't have any other use for, I could really use the help and I'd really appreciate it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yeah, I really like it. I'd actually be a lot more torn up about the controls being messed up were it not for how I've already finished the main game
though, I guess some would say Antarctica is the true meat of the game
, have gotten a lot of play out of the side modes, and can still play it with a pro controller.

Which, I guess that last bit is probably important to people considering it. You can play it with a pro controller. The tablet is just out of the question for now, which is hilarious considering the patch that caused this was adding off-tv play.

I haven't tried it but I heard you can "fix" the bug using the p2 controller to access the menu and manually remap everything for p1.

That doesn't excuse the bug for existing, mind you, or for Nicalis being woefully bad at everything, but at least you can play your goddamn game.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, will create a code till end of June.

Also.. Hearing reports that a generated code can generate it's own code on use... Can anyone that had a Don't Starve code via someone else, try it and see if it gives you a new code to give away?

BWAHAHAHAHA

srsly though Nintendo needs to fix this lol

The system they have for it is so broken. I heard they been informed of the problem off of twitter. I'm seriously wondering what they will do, seems like a nightmare for the dev.

zigg

The system they have for it is so broken. I heard they been informed of the problem off of twitter. I'm seriously wondering what they will do, seems like a nightmare for the dev.
Well, while it definitely sucks, at least it's somewhat self-limiting in that it has to be redeemed to give another code.

sörine

Banned
More giveaway codes! I did the Humble Bundle for support but already own all the stuff I want.

The Fall Wii U

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wii U

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS

Moon Chronicles Episode 1 3DS

OlliOlli 3DS

OlliOlli Wii U

Stealth Inc 2 Wii U

SteamWorld Dig 3DS

SteamWorld Dig Wii U

Woah Dave! 3DS

Nairume

Banned
I haven't tried it but I heard you can "fix" the bug using the p2 controller to access the menu and manually remap everything for p1.

That doesn't excuse the bug for existing, mind you, or for Nicalis being woefully bad at everything, but at least you can play your goddamn game.
It didn't seem to work for me. Setting everything to default just seems to "fix" issues with pro controllers, rather than the tablet.

@MUWANdo

Banned
It didn't seem to work for me. Setting everything to default just seems to "fix" issues with pro controllers, rather than the tablet.

Fair enough, thanks for trying.

I also read that the bugs are specific to people who patched the older version of the game and that deleting and redownloading the entire thing all at once fixes the new bugs, but at this point I don't even care enough to try.

terrisus

G3vXyzO.png

https://twitter.com/nadimpasta/status/603987304269684736

image.php

zroid

Banned
sörine;165582431 said:
More giveaway codes! I did the Humble Bundle for support but already own all the stuff I want.

The Fall Wii U

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS

OlliOlli 3DS

OlliOlli Wii U

Stealth Inc 2 Wii U

SteamWorld Dig 3DS

SteamWorld Dig Wii U

Woah Dave! 3DS

Thanks man. I tried to redeem Olli Olli Wii U but looks like someone snagged it already.

wilflare

okie I'm a little confused
NA eShop
- is there a 10% off for Splatoon or is it EU only offer?
- Don't Starve: what does it mean when it say it will produce a second code or something?

Kodaman

sörine;165582431 said:

The Fall Wii U

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS

OlliOlli 3DS

OlliOlli Wii U

Stealth Inc 2 Wii U

SteamWorld Dig 3DS

SteamWorld Dig Wii U

Woah Dave! 3DS

Grabbed Wii U OlliOlli! Thanks!!!

More codes up for grabs:

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS

Steamworld Dig 3DS

Please reply if interested and I will PM you the code.

Btw if anyone has one of them Don't Starve for Wii U gift codes, I would gladly take it from you :)

sörine;165582431 said:
I grabbed The Fall. Thanks so much, sörine, you coolest of cats. I really appreciate your generosity.

Rizzi

Aside from the current bug, how is 1001 Spikes? Not much for me to take advantage of in the Nicalis sale, already have two copies of Cave Story (Wii Ware and PSP homebrew version) and got VVVVVV and Ikachan in the last sale. Weird that they still haven't ported Cave Story to Wii U.

That's weird Sega is holding out on AU, 3D series are top shelf, feel bad for you guys. Next time I play a round of Fantasy Zone I'll think of the land down under. :)

:(

More codes up for grabs:

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS

Steamworld Dig 3DS

Please reply if interested and I will PM you the code.

Btw if anyone has one of them Don't Starve for Wii U gift codes, I would gladly take it from you :)

I'm going to bed now so here they are (didn't know about the quote trick until now):

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS

Steamworld Dig 3DS

@MUWANdo

Banned
okie I'm a little confused
NA eShop
- is there a 10% off for Splatoon or is it EU only offer?
- Don't Starve: what does it mean when it say it will produce a second code or something?

The Splatoon discount is PAL-only and is only eligible to people who downloaded the Global Testfire demo.

RE: Don't Starve, from what I understand, every version of the game generates a free code for a second copy of the game, regardless of whether you paid for it or not, so if I buy the game and give my second code to you, you could use it to redeem the game for yourself and it'd give you another code that you could pass onto someone else, and so on.

Nairume

Banned
RE: Don't Starve, from what I understand, every version of the game generates a free code for a second copy of the game, regardless of whether you paid for it or not, so if I buy the game and give my second code to you, you could use it to redeem the game for yourself and it'd give you another code that you could pass onto someone else, and so on.
They appeared to have fixed that a little while ago.

sörine;165582431 said:

SteamWorld Dig Wii U

Somehow to my amazement, these worked, thanks! :)

I really think some of the best games are eShop games (for 3DS). I like my eShop games more than my retail games for the most part. Boxboy was so good.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: Would this be a good choice for an external WiiU HDD? Don't really dabble much in hard drives.

Any external HDD should technically work, but I had problems using a HDD without it's own power source. I think I had more problems than most due to my Wii U being in shitty condition, but the USB ports are still underpowered, and you may lose power to it while playing sometimes.

Search around for plugging it into your Wii U, but I believe it worked best when the main USB cord was plugged into the top USB port in the back, and the other was plugged into the bottom. Make sure you plug in both regardless.

daydream

Banned
Any external HDD should technically work, but I had problems using a HDD without it's own power source. I think I had more problems than most due to my Wii U being in shitty condition, but the USB ports are still underpowered, and you may lose power to it while playing sometimes.

Search around for plugging it into your Wii U, but I believe it worked best when the main USB cord was plugged into the top USB port in the back, and the other was plugged into the bottom. Make sure you plug in both regardless.

Will do, thanks!

Simbabbad

No it doesn't. The Wii U has 4 USB plugs (2 on the front, 2 on the back. Even if it didn't, USB hubs are a thing.
I don't think you can plug a hard drive or an Ethernet port on the front USB plugs, they have to be plugged in specific areas (and also, it'd obviously not be practical at all). Also, I'm not 100% sure it'd work with a hub since the Wii U really wants to link a specific peripheral to a specific plug. Also, it'd drain the power, and the main issue with UBS hard drives on Wii U is the plugs don't carry enough power. You could always use a powered hub, but that's basically the same as using a powered hard drive, which costs a ton.

terrisus

Just get an external hard drive with an separate power adapter and eliminate the issue.
It's not like it's going to be moving around a bunch, where you need it to be small/light/self-powered.

EDIT: Like this one, ja?

daydream

Banned
Just get an external hard drive with an separate power adapter and eliminate the issue.
It's not like it's going to be moving around a bunch, where you need it to be small/light/self-powered.

EDIT: Like this one, ja?

Fair point, terri. I've decided 2TB will be excessive (since I'm all the way #teamphysical). Any suggestions for 500GB/1TB drives?

Top Bottom