• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, I saw Bionic Commando & was hoping that was the NES version, but no, it's the GBC one. Been waiting patiently for the day that Nintendo will finally let Capcom put the original NES game on the VC, especially since the GB version is on the 3DS VC. Still wanna know why Nintendo declined the option to do so.

Maybe they can put Capcom Classics Mini-Mix on the Wii U VC so I can get Strider NES, Bionic Commando, & Mighty Final Fight in one download.

terrisus

GAFer maxcriden responds to allegations of secret Nintendo hatred

It's not very secret, mate.
You're always trying to get rid of all those Nintendo games.
Trying to push them all off onto unsuspecting people.

We're onto your game, Max.
We're onto you.
>.>

BuzzJive

Anybody have any idea of when we can expect the MK8 DLC? Is midnight east coast time on Wednesday possible or should we hold off on trying to do a launch party?

tebunker

Banned
does anyone else use the Amazon Prime app and have a hell of time exiting out of it to the main screen? It always seems to either take forever or it just never exits out forcing a manual power down

maxcriden

does anyone else use the Amazon Prime app and have a hell of time exiting out of it to the main screen? It always seems to either take forever or it just never exits out forcing a manual power down

The app in general is frustratingly slow. It's unfortunate because there's some good stuff on there.

Ondore

How long until that update either gets foist upon me or I have to download it to play something important? I presume Thursday for the MK8 DLC, right?

Chrom

Decided to check the 3DS eShop tonight and noticed that Shin Megami Tensei IV is now only $29.99. Not a sale, but a price drop.

Orgen

Thanks to max I got a swapper code in one of his giveaways (btw, have you been juniored? :O)

I'm liking the game so far: great graphics and ambientation with some clever puzzles (others a little frustrating). Story is starting to develop right now (I've got +20 orbs) and seems ok for now.

Maybe the price is too steep (20€ iirc) but I can recommend the game if you're a fan of puzzles :D

maxcriden

Thanks to max I got a swapper code in one of his giveaways (btw, have you been juniored? :O)

I'm liking the game so far: great graphics and ambientation with some clever puzzles (others a little frustrating). Story is starting to develop right now (I've got +20 orbs) and seems ok for now.

Maybe the price is too steep (20€ iirc) but I can recommend the game if you're a fan of puzzles :D

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. I've got it as well and I'm really eager to jump in as soon as time permits.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Theme Shop now has a "free to download" category, with a free Sonic Boom theme. It's even got panoramic & animated wallpaper, plus music (theme of Sonic Boom).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As someone who's used to getting bland "just background change" free themes on Xbox Live & PSN, this is actually quite nice. You initially see Sonic & Tails, but then you see the others when scrolling to the right, and the music is rather decent as well. This is probably the best thing to come out of Sonic Boom this week.

daydream

Banned
As someone who's used to getting bland "just background change" free themes on Xbox Live & PSN, this is actually quite nice. You initially see Sonic & Tails, but then you see the others when scrolling to the right, and the music is rather decent as well. This is probably the best thing to come out of Sonic Boom this week.

Must be one hell of a theme if it's better than all the gifs floating around.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Has anyone mentioned that the new Petit Computer app (SmileBASIC) will be out in Japan next week? 1000 yen, and they've already confirmed an international release for next year.

Has anyone mentioned that the new Petit Computer app (SmileBASIC) will be out in Japan next week? 1000 yen, and they've already confirmed an international release for next year.

Now I did

3DS
SmileBASIC (SmileBoom)- 1000 yen
Parting November (Flyhigh Works) - 200 yen
Simple DL Vol. 34D3 Publisher - 500 yen
Ultimate Poker & BlackJack(Intense) - 500 yen
Mahou Idol Collection (MAGES) - 5980 yen
Fujiko F. Fujio Characters Daishuugou! SF Dotabata Party!! (Bandai Namco) -6145 yen
Mysterious Collection of Doraemon English(Shogakukan) -4937
Dolly Kanon (Happinet) - 5480 yen
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Nintendo) -4571 yen
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo) - 4571 yen

Wii U
Monster Hunter Frontier G6 (Capcom) - Not for download
Kung Fu Rabbit - 600yen
DK: King of Swing (GBA) - 702 yen
Antarctic Adventure (MSX) - 823 yen
Bomberman '94 (PC Engine) - 617 yen
Nuts & Milk (Famicom) - 514 yen
Fujiko F. Fujio Characters Daishuugou! SF Dotabata Party!!(Bandai Namco) -7171 yen
Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori (Bandai Namco) - 5627

Maybe they can put Capcom Classics Mini-Mix on the Wii U VC so I can get Strider NES, Bionic Commando, & Mighty Final Fight in one download.

You don't want that. The Mini-Mix version of Strider NES has some unbearable slowdown not present in the original NES release.

daydream

Banned
DK: King of Swing (GBA) - 702 yen
Antarctic Adventure (MSX) - 823 yen
Bomberman '94 (PC Engine) - 617 yen
Nuts & Milk (Famicom) - 514 yen

hk7VwQt.gif

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So... what be this?

It's an expansion (I assume the 6th), of a Monster Hunter MMO in Japan. It's based on Monster Hunter 2nd gen iirc and is super old, but they keep it going with updates. The MMO expansions are basically on every platform except 3DS (Vita, PS3, Wii U, PC).

terrisus

You don't want that. The Mini-Mix version of Strider NES has some unbearable slowdown not present in the original NES release.

And the NES version of Strider was already extremely touchy with jumps (especially on inclines) and wall-kicks.
And "touchy" is a very nice way to put that... It could be downright painful at times...

Still a fun game though.

And the NES version of Strider was already extremely touchy with jumps (especially on inclines) and wall-kicks.
And "touchy" is a very nice way to put that... It could be downright painful at times...

Still a fun game though.

Yeah. I'm not a purist in any sense of the word, but it makes some parts of the game a little more frustrating than necessary.

Definitely a fun game, though. I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

terrisus

Yeah. I'm not a purist in any sense of the word, but it makes some parts of the game a little more frustrating than necessary.

Definitely a fun game, though. I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

Yeah, I would be all for the jumping being fixed in this game.
I've read people explain how the jumping in this game was "correct" as it is, but... no. Just, no.
I can just imagine slowdown would make it even more painful.

Also, this game is probably the whole reason I knew where Kazakhstan is >.>

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
can we buy / pre-order stuff on the eu eshop no the web now?

Sendou

Thinking about making Smash my first digital retail Nintendo game ever. With pre-download I think the pros overweight the cons for the first time. I just hate having useless boxes around the house and never being sure whether I get my game at launch or not is not great either. That said I wish retail games on eShop would be a bit cheaper. Any idea where I should look for a download code <60€ (or 70€ I hope not)?

Thinking about making Smash my first digital retail Nintendo game ever. With pre-download I think the pros overweight the cons for the first time. I just hate having useless boxes around the house and never being sure whether I get my game at launch or not is not great either. That said I wish retail games on eShop would be a bit cheaper. Any idea where I should look for a download code <60€ (or 70€ I hope not)?
Yep GAME currently sell codes for £40 (for MK8 they sent codes out before release but these didn't work until release). However, CDkeys might be slightly cheaper but they don't have the game up for order yet and tend to go out of stock quickly.

Those codes should work on European eShop just fine but will not work on the Oceania eShop (Australia, New Zealand).

BooJoh

Is pre-download going to be available in EU/NA for Smash? I'm going digital regardless, but I thought pre-downloading was only announced for Japan. The NA Direct only mentioned the ability to preorder digital copies online, which it seems just means you'll be emailed a code to redeem at or after the time of release, so technically you'd get it later than just logging into the eShop and buying it at midnight as you have to wait for your emailed code.

Sendou

Yep GAME currently sell codes for £40 (for MK8 they sent codes out before release but these didn't work until release). However, CDkeys might be slightly cheaper but they don't have the game up for order yet and tend to go out of stock quickly.

Those codes should work on European eShop just fine but will not work on the Oceania eShop (Australia, New Zealand).

Yeah I think GAME would work. Thanks.

Is pre-download going to be available in EU/NA for Smash? I'm going digital regardless, but I thought pre-downloading was only announced for Japan. The NA Direct only mentioned the ability to preorder digital copies online, which it seems just means you'll be emailed a code to redeem at or after the time of release, so technically you'd get it later than just logging into the eShop and buying it at midnight as you have to wait for your emailed code.

I think they would have mentioned it at the translated briefing if it wasn't going to be available in west with Smash. Can't know for sure though. Then again with these code shenanigans who knows what will work.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I can't help but wonder if they'll put DKC on the eShop in time for SSB so that game can be part of the Masterpieces.

Top Bottom