• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

terrisus

That was back in July...

Yeah, the GoNintendo "article" is from November, but their source link from July,

So, in other words:

X07Sair.jpg

Didn't GoNintendo used be be banned here too? >.>

terrisus

Honestly, the only thing Puzzle League Express has going for it for me is the smoother animations. I only like one of the BG musics and I still like it far less than any of the Tetris Attack music. It's also missing Puzzle Mode which I loved since Tetris Attack.

Pokémon Puzzle Challenge, on the other hand, has nice nostalgia-filled GS remixes, puzzle mode, suspend feature, doesn't disable StreetPass, doesn't take up space in the tiny DSiWare fridge, and while the animation isn't as smooth it's still perfectly playable.

Yeah, being able to stay in 3DS mode, and not tying up the DSi fridge, are both pretty important.

I did buy Pokémon Puzzle Challenge today, just bringing some attention to Puzzle League Express.
I also bought Super Mario Advance, despite it being the worst version of SMB2
I bought Pier Solar today as well. I told you November was going to kill my wallet >.>

I think it's a solid guess considering its coming out in Japan and has already come out in Europe. I do wonder what other games will come for NA 3DS Virtual Console. The Donkey Kong Land games would round it out pretty nicely
There's so much, really.

Here are a few on my wish list.

Sword of Hope (Sword of Hope II is already there).
Great Greed (Namco has been publishing more VC titles lately, although mostly "safe" stuff).
Trip World (out in Europe).
Final Fantasy Legend II (still angry that the DS remake never came over).
Final Fantasy Adventure (the GBA remake stinks).
Ufouria (NES, but out on Wii U).

terrisus

Final Fantasy Legend II (still angry that the DS remake never came over).

To heck with that - give me Final Fantasy Legend 1 (still angry about that Wonderswan Color remake during the Square-Nintendo feud time when Square wanted to make handheld games, and Nintendo used it as leverage to get them to make console games as well, and this game came out in the meantime. And of course we never got it)

To heck with that - give me Final Fantasy Legend 1 (still angry about that Wonderswan Color remake during the Square-Nintendo feud time when Square wanted to make handheld games, and Nintendo used it as leverage to get them to make console games as well, and this game came out in the meantime. And of course we never got it)
I'm curious as to what you liked about I over II, II was a crazy improvement on every aspect.

It's also one of my favorite games of all time.

terrisus

I'm curious as to what you liked about I over II, II was a crazy improvement on every aspect.

It's also one of my favorite games of all time.

Mainly just that I spent so much more time playing 1.

I even wrote an FAQ for it!
10 years ago... Geeze, has it been that long?...
(Granted, I didn't include most of the useful stuff, like the monster combinations and such... Ah well, it's something).

But, I just never really spent as much time playing 2 or 3 as I did with 1.
Man, that WonderSwan Color remake just looks so awesome...

@MUWANdo

Banned
Mainly just that I spent so much more time playing 1.

I even wrote an FAQ for it!
10 years ago... Geeze, has it been that long?...
(Granted, I didn't include most of the useful stuff, like the monster combinations and such... Ah well, it's something).

But, I just never really spent as much time playing 2 or 3 as I did with 1.
Man, that WonderSwan Color remake just looks so awesome...

You know there's a fan translation, right?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Has anyone else had issues adding funds via credit card after the last 3DS firmware update? I've been getting error code 026-7512 for the last few days and it's really irritating as nothing seems to have changed on my end.

Has anyone else had issues adding funds via credit card after the last 3DS firmware update? I've been getting error code 026-7512 for the last few days and it's really irritating as nothing seems to have changed on my end.

Negative. I successfully added funds last night.

terrisus

You know there's a fan translation, right?

I actually didn't, I generally don't follow that stuff too much.

But, it's still not the same as actually having it on a Nintendo system in the US >.>

Worked fine for me yesterday (adding remainder using credit card, and also redeeming eShop card)

maxcriden

Pier Solar sucks. The HD graphics are hideous when mixed with the pixel sprites (I really think they should have just stuck with straight up pixelated graphics), the controls are atrocious (I do not know how they managed to mess up something as simple as Genesis/SNES styled four way controls), and the dungeon layouts are terrible.

Super Mario Advance is ace, even though the voices are annoying.

(I really think they should have just stuck with straight up pixelated graphics)
From what I've heard, I'm pretty sure you can play it with the original version's graphics if you want. I don't know how to do it since I don't own the game, but take a look at the game's OT as I'm sure someone must have mentioned it in there.

terrisus

Pier Solar sucks.

Super Mario Advance is ace

uwot.jpg

I have the exact opposite view.

The HD graphics are hideous when mixed with the pixel sprites (I really think they should have just stuck with straight up pixelated graphics)

From what I've heard, I'm pretty sure you can play it with the original version's graphics if you want. I don't know how to do it since I don't own the game, but take a look at the game's OT as I'm sure someone must have mentioned it in there.

You can.
The option is right in the options menu.

To be specific, press:
X, Left *2, A (on Options), Down * 7 (to Theme), Left (to 16BIT)

sörine

Banned
Mario Advance is my favorite version of Mario 2 but that's mostly because I just Screaming Toad the whole thing.

I commented in the other thread about Mario, how it cracked me up playing it recently and hearing the random as boss voices - why did I have no memory of this!! I knew the playable guys got stuff added of course but didn't remember the other stuff lol.

2001 is a long time ago now, but still haha. Such random quotes.

Also re Toad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIQWwVeZYE&t=20m59s

Whole voice pack can be found here too, enjoy the hilarity lol.

GulAtiCa

Success! ZaciSa's Last Stand Demo is now approved. No confirmed date yet, as waiting for them to ask me/email me/etc. But would like to aim for a Nov 20th demo release. Likely to do a $1.49 sale (25%) starting that date till rest of year.

Pretty sure I'm the first HTML5 (NWF) demo too. No idea on Unity, but it's possible 1st demo from the program overall.

kunonabi

Pier Solar sucks. The HD graphics are hideous when mixed with the pixel sprites (I really think they should have just stuck with straight up pixelated graphics), the controls are atrocious (I do not know how they managed to mess up something as simple as Genesis/SNES styled four way controls), and the dungeon layouts are terrible.

Super Mario Advance is ace, even though the voices are annoying.

I don't mind the HD graphics with pixel sprites but it is pretty lazy . My problem is I like the HD background but prefer the 16bit character art to the hideous HD art. The controls and interface are terrible though. I mean stuff like "enable autosave" is very confusing, the auto-save system being terrible doesn't help, and the gamepad stuff is terrible. You can barely see the map because of the radar, dragging equipment doesn't even seem to work, and just goes back to mirroring the tv screen whether you want it to or not. I can't even figure out how to unequip stuff. I like the core game and characters but it is real sloppy in some very basic areas.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thanks to Max Doge I won the Swapper giveaway. Downloading and installing while watching my team play football. Will post impressions later.

Also glad I passed on Pier Solar HD. Sounds like good idea, but shit execution.

GulAtiCa

For fun of it, been working on a new map for my game for an upcoming patch update.
Hh0p.png

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without GAF Gold!
$99.99 DLC
gZAZm.png

jholmes

Yeah, the GoNintendo "article" is from November, but their source link from July

Would it kill these guys to just ask the devs what the hell the problem is rather than just keep the echo chamber running? I never understand why the enthusiast press is so damn uninterested in doing what it can do best, and break important news about smaller games that the big sites won't bother with.

terrisus

For fun of it, been working on a new map for my game for an upcoming patch update.

Excellent!

Congrats, you made your first fanservice game. Boobs are next.

You mean boobs weren't in already?
Preorder cancelled!

I'll be doing a giveaway for it soon, BTW.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a tag yet :þ

Would it kill these guys to just ask the devs what the hell the problem is rather than just keep the echo chamber running? I never understand why the enthusiast press is so damn uninterested in doing what it can do best, and break important news about smaller games that the big sites won't bother with.

Well, heck, we had a thread the other day with a website complaining that games were too long, and basically that it took them too long to get through a game to be able to write about it. So, they must be very pressed for time, and busy with super-important stuff...

>.>

JoeM86

Sorry I'm late, folks. Norovirus is a pain

This week in Europe

Wii U
Tengami €7.99 / £6.99
LEGO® Batman™ 3: BEYOND GOTHAM €49.99 / £44.99
Paper Monsters Recut €6.49 / £5.49
Meine Ersten Mitsing-Lieder € 9.99
Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure Demo

Wii U VC
Castlevania Dracula X €7.99 / £5.49 (US Version)
Golden Sun: The Lost Age €6.99 / £6.29

3DS
LEGO® Batman™ 3: BEYOND GOTHAM €39.99 / £39.99
Top Model 3D €29.99 / £24.99
PICROSS e5 €5.00 / £4.50
Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 €4.99 / £4.49
AiRace Xeno Demo
Fishdom €4.99 / £4.49 (DSiWare)

3DS VC
Bionic Commando™: Elite Forces €4.99 / £4.49

3DS Themes
Polka Dots €0.99 / £0.89
Dots & Stripes (Pink & Green) €0.99 / £0.89
Stars (Purple & Yellow) €0.99 / £0.89
Gingham (Aqua Blue) €0.99 / £0.89
Stripes (Pink & White Diagonal) €0.99 / £0.89

====
Price Reductions

3DS
AiRace Xeno (Qubic Games) €1.69 / £1.59 / CHF2.39 until 11/12/2014, 23:59 UTC.
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) €2.99 / £2.99 / CHF4.20 until 26/11/2014, 23:59 UTC.
Johnny Hotshot™ (UFO Interactive) €4.19 / £3.77 / CHF5.88 until 08/01/2015, 23:59 UTC.
Balloon Pop® Remix (UFO Interactive) €5.59 / £4.99 / CHF7.84 until 08/01/2015, 23:59 UTC.
Johnny Kung Fu™ (UFO Interactive) €4.19 / £3.77 / CHF5.88 until 08/01/2015, 23:59 UTC.
Samurai Sword Destiny™ (UFO Interactive) €4.19 / £3.77 / CHF5.88 until 08/01/2015, 23:59 UTC.
Zombie Slayer Diox™ (UFO Interactive) €4.19 / £3.77 / CHF5.88 until 08/01/2015, 23:59 UTC.

Permanent:
3DS
AiRace Speed €3.49 / £3.10

Phoenixus

Bugger, looks like only the password system works for the Golden Sun transfer system. :/ Still glad to see it though. :)

Aren't those 3DS themes already out? They were when I looked on the theme shop yesterday.

Refyref

Elite Forces? Interesting. This Nintendo-developed Capcom game isn't as good as the Game Boy entry, but it's pretty good anyway.

Bugger, looks like only the password system works for the Golden Sun transfer system. :/ Still glad to see it though. :)yesterday.
It might get worse than that if they they upload the wrong ROM making it so the passwords themselves might not work*. However, I don't know if the password system in Golden Sun is similar to Zelda Oracles (in that all EU passwords work with EU versions but won't work with US versions).

*-Golden Sun on VC an English only version was uploaded despite existing FIGS translation. I don't know if that is the UK version or the US version.

In this day is age you probably have several devices to capture the images of the password on so it is less of a hassle of writing down, entering in, finding you've written it down wrong (I actually purchased a GBA link cable only because of this, I was very LTTP so used GB player and GBA to do that bit then played on DS Lite). I'll be honest, I'd have loved to see link cable emulation here (one player on GamePad one player on TV would have been interesting) and it be able to run the first game for the transfer (similar to how Sonic & knuckles has the lock on menu).

Sorry I'm late, folks. Norovirus is a pain
One of the worst illnesses I've had. Those of you who have not had it, it completely drains you of energy (I couldn't even take a shower, thats how bad it is), add in vomiting and serious dehydration too.

Nbz

Good to see Dracula X is coming up. Not that I care about it in particular, but hopefully it is indicative of the GBA Castlevania games coming to the EU e-shop

Top Bottom