• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

steveovig

We're all getting our hopes up for DKC, like we seem to do with other stuff, yet we probably won't get jack. NOA is like that father who keeps telling his kid he'll be at his basketball game and never shows. Actually, NOA is a lot like Lan's dad on MMBN.

TheMoon

We're all getting our hopes up for DKC, like we seem to do with other stuff, yet we probably won't get jack. NOA is like that father who keeps telling his kid he'll be at his basketball game and never shows. Actually, NOA is a lot like Lan's dad on MMBN.

Except you're just expecting the Dad to show up when he never said he'd come. :)

Nov. release for DKC trilogy is completely based on speculation so throwing a fit if it doesn't get released during the month is a wee bit silly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, speaking of Masterpieces, I wonder if this means Duck Hunt will be out this month as well so a demo can be in SSB as well.

90sRobots

Super Circuit is easily the worst Kart, worse than Wii. And WOW there is some bullshit leaps of faith in SMA because of the scrolling. Really tough port of Mario 2!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I replayed Super Circuit via Ambassador Program & ugh, I could barely stand it.

Speaking of Mario Kart, glad to see I was wrong the DLC would be up at Noon EST when the eShop normally updates. Got the patch to download overnight in stand-by mode & DLC is downloading now...just sucks I can't play until I get back from class.

maxcriden

It is cool of you to continue your giveaways even though you can't make threads.

Max is giving away Tengami for Wii U here:
Tengami Giveaway

Thank you. I wasn't going to post this because it's kind of self-advertising (kinda sorta) in a way, but yes, I have partnered with Nintendo Everything, one of my favorite Nintendo sites, to keep the giveaways going while I'm juniored. I encourage all of you to enter there because Tengami is going to be super awesome.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric – In Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and Tails, each with his or her own unique abilities, must work together to save the world and stop the evil alliance of Lyric and Dr. Eggman. With two-player co-op, a “Team Challenges” mode for up to four players and the ability to unlock special upgrades with Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal on the Nintendo 3DS system (for those that own the system and the game), this may be Sonic’s biggest adventure yet! Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric is available exclusively on Wii U. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
A World of Keflings – Embark on a giant kingdom-building adventure to exotic lands and help your new tiny Kefling friends along the way. Play as your Mii character and help the friendly little Keflings harvest resources, assemble buildings and create thriving cities. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Tengami – Discover the wonders of a folding world. Go on a serene journey through Japan with striking visuals, unique game play and haunting music. Fold and slide the beautifully crafted paper world to solve puzzles and discover secrets. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Mario Kart: Super Circuit – Some of your favorite kart-racing characters are ready to kick it into high gear in Mario Kart: Super Circuit! This Game Boy Advance classic offers 20 courses and hidden bonus tracks, each loaded with classic power-ups and primed for the free-for-all racing that only Mario Kart can deliver. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham – Brainiac, using the power of the Lantern Rings, shrinks worlds to add to his twisted collection of miniature cities from across the universe. Now the greatest superheroes and the most cunning villains must unite and journey to different Lantern Worlds to collect the Lantern Rings and stop Brainiac before it’s too late. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is now available on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal – Play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and new friend Sticks, each with unique abilities, as you work as a team to save Amy and locate the Crystal before it’s too late! In addition to the secret-filled adventure, you can experience a StreetPass collectibles mini-game and play through the story to unlock special upgrades for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on Wii U (for those that own the system and the game). Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is available exclusively on Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze – The Turtles are back in action against the evils of the world. Stop Shredder and his army of mutants as he threatens to unleash the power of a new Super Mutagen that could destroy their beloved New York City. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Tetris Ultimate – With six exciting modes plus an exclusive Nintendo 3DS challenge mode, fun new features and unique visuals, the evolution of this iconic game is a must-have on Nintendo 3DS.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

Pokémon Trading Card Game – Build new decks, hone your skills and test your abilities in Pokémon Trading Card Game. Expand your card collection, duel your way through eight Club Masters and earn the right to challenge the Grand Master. Shadowy figures, wise instructors and powerful opponents await you in this trading card game adventure. Click here to watch a trailer for the game. Plus, you’ll get a code for the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version with your purchase of the Pokémon Trading Card Game game. You'll find the free demo code on your Nintendo eShop receipt. Download codes are available while supplies last and expire on May 31, 2015.

Nintendo eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $4.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 14 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 24.
Abyss is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.
Chubbins is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 20.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
European Conqueror 3D is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov 27.
Darts Up 3D is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to 0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.
Soccer Up 3D is more than 70 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.

Also New this Week

Xavier (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Flowerworks HD: Follie’s Adventure - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Castle Conqueror Defender (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
European Conqueror 3D - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I’ve Got to Run: Complete Edition! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
PICROSS e5 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Scarygirl Illustration Kit (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Winx Club Saving Alfea (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

terrisus

Pokémon Trading Card Game

Mmm.

Also, I highly recommend against buying Mario Kart: Super Circuit unless one already owns all of the other Mario Kart games, has played them a bunch, and just needs something new.
It's easily the worst game in the Mario Kart series. And now it doesn't even have the benefit of being fully portable (which was invalidated with Mario Kart DS anyway)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey Super Circuit came out today not long after the ESRB rating.

Also seeing Picross e5 makes me really wish there was a sale on the previous games. I really want e3 & e4, but I want to get them at a discount.

The last thing I want to do is play Super Circuit when the Mario Kart 8 DLC is here. Fucking idiots. DKC should be available by next week, r-right guys? It's just in time for the 20th anniversary!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Super Circuit is easily the worst Kart, worse than Wii. And WOW there is some bullshit leaps of faith in SMA because of the scrolling. Really tough port of Mario 2!
Hey, Wii was fun, don't put it in the same catagory as Super Circuit.

Anybody who doesn't yet own Runner 2 absolutely has to buy it at that price.
Or else.
I just got a $20 code for MK8 DLC. I wonder if I should spend some of the $8 left over in this? I have Bit. trip collection and haven't finished runner there so maybe I should'nt. But great price tho. I might but need to look at all of my options. I quite enjoyed runner but too hard. This has checkpoints so maybe I can get into it abit more.

Also lol at Mario Kart Advance releasing same day as MK8 DLC. No I do not think that is a good idea Nintendo.

maxcriden

I just got a $20 code for MK8 DLC. I wonder if I should spend some of the $8 left over in this? I have Bit. trip collection and haven't finished runner there so maybe I should'nt. But great price tho. I might but need to look at all of my options. I quite enjoyed runner but too hard. This has checkpoints so maybe I can get into it abit more.

I love Runner and Runner 2 and this one is slightly more manageable with checkpoints but still insanely hard and very similar in gameplay to the first game. So in your case, I would go with Kung Fu Rabbit, Armillo or Paper Monsters, perhaps? Just a few ideas.

It might come next week, or it might not come till next year. I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath for it to still come this year given all of the high-profile releases coming out soon.

Yea, I just really want to play it on the gamepad without using the classic controller

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Also fuck Nintendo and their idiotic VC schedule.

Thank you. I wasn't going to post this because it's kind of self-advertising (kinda sorta) in a way, but yes, I have partnered with Nintendo Everything, one of my favorite Nintendo sites, to keep the giveaways going while I'm juniored. I encourage all of you to enter there because Tengami is going to be super awesome.

LTTP why did you get juniored?

I must have missed a lot.

terrisus

I played Super Circuit for a bit on my Ambassador 3DS. That game has not aged well at all.

It was never that good to begin with.

It was just a mediocre stop-gap portable version, before we got an actual good one with Mario Kart DS.

Super Circuit is better than Super Mario Kart.

I also prefer many of its tracks to MK 64.

uwot.jpg

Sometimes I feel odd being satisfied with Nintendo's VC releases when I mostly hear is people complaining about how horrible they are doing. Just recently I have gotten Minish Cap, Both GBA Mario Tennis and Golf, 2 GBA Kirby games, Warioland 4, Yoshi's Island, Golden Sun, Castlevania GBA trilogy, Super Mario Advance, Demon's Crest, and the hard to find MMX 3. And apparently Golden Sun 2 is releasing in Europe soon whic pretty much ensures a US release. I dunno, since the GBA games started coming I personally think they have been doing great for me.

But I certainly won't be buying Super Circuit with my shiny new MK8 DLC here.

tolkir

Week finished with a little update of these weekly posts.

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo)
    DLC Pack 1 ($7.99)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Chubbins (Dahku | $2.99 until 11/20, then $3.99)
  • Bit.Trip Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games | $4.99 until 11/24, then $14.99) Upcoming 11/14
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games | $1.49 until 12/04, then $1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• European Conqueror 3D (Circle Ent. | $2.79 until 11/27, then $3.99)
  • Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games | 0.99 until 12/04, then $2.99)
  • Soccer Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games | $1.99 until 12/04, then $6.99)

vYU92.png

• Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo)
    DLC Pack 1 (€7.99 | £7.00)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Van Helsing sniper Zx100 (EnjoyUp Games | €2.99 | £2.99 until 11/26, then €6.66 | £6.66)
  • AiRace Xeno (Qubic Games | €1.69 | £1.59 until 12/11, then €2.49 | £2.29)
  • Johnny Hotshot (UFO Interactive | €4.19 | £3.77 until 01/08, then €5.99 | £5.39)
  • Balloon Pop Remix (UFO Interactive | €5.59 | £4.99 until 01/08, then €7.99 | £7.19)
  • Johnny Kung Fu (UFO Interactive | €4.19 | £3.77 until 01/08, then €5.99 | £5.39)
  • Samurai Sword Destiny (UFO Interactive | €4.19 | £3.77 until 01/08, then €5.99 | £5.39)
  • Zombie Slayer Diox (UFO Interactive | €4.19 | £3.77 until 01/08, then €5.99 | £5.39)
  • AiRace Speed (Qubic Games | €3.49 | £3.10 Permanent, was €4.99 | £4.49)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Fishdom (Joindots | 500 Nintendo Points)
    TM_DSiWare_Fishdom_search_thumb.jpg

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

GulAtiCa

Pixel Paint is in the eShop in Canada now, FYI all

yay!

It's on warawara plaza every time I turn on my Wii U, must be doing pretty decently.

---

Oh, in related news, finally have a release date for my Demo! Nov 20th (plus $1.49 sale to go with it). the extra exposure in the demo section should help me out I think.

terrisus

Sometimes I feel odd being satisfied with Nintendo's VC releases when I mostly hear is people complaining about how horrible they are doing. Just recently I have gotten Minish Cap, Both GBA Mario Tennis and Golf, 2 GBA Kirby games, Warioland 4, Yoshi's Island, Golden Sun, Castlevania GBA trilogy, Super Mario Advance, Demon's Crest, and the hard to find MMX 3. And apparently Golden Sun 2 is releasing in Europe soon whic pretty much ensures a US release. I dunno, since the GBA games started coming I personally think they have been doing great for me.

Yeah, I've been very happy with the Wii U and 3DS.

Have a bunch of stuff for both of them, and would definitely have more if I had more money.

TheMoon

But I certainly won't be buying Super Circuit with my shiny new MK8 DLC here.

I can't even buy most of the VC games I want because it's too much alongside new eShop games. lol

But fuck them for always not giving me what's not already there!

Top Bottom