• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

terrisus

This is why I re-bought it digitally actually, after I went through this too

Yeah, considering we had named the dog in both the games after him (with him being a black lab as well), and the fact that I don't deal with death well, I'm definitely not ready to move on/do that yet >.>

It's still $40, right?

Don't recall, been a while since I got it. Probably.
But, I didn't really care - that was the game I bought the system for <3

Muzy72

Banned
Nintendo is actually pricing Nintendogs smartly? After making PilotWings $40 on the eShop this is a very nice surprise. I may actually end up buying Nintendogs :B

Yeah, considering we had named the dog in both the games after him (with him being a black lab as well), and the fact that I don't deal with death well, I'm definitely not ready to move on/do that yet >.>

Completely understand! For me little things in-game will trigger nice memories and so it helped in that way, but I understand for others it may be a little morbid.
Sorry to hear about what happened anyway.

And yeah Pilotwings is great! Was just playing it (yet again) last week :)

foltzie1

Super Mario All-Stars

Never going to happen =(

Someone is going to have to ask Reggie or Iwata directly (any journalists reading Gaf?) why don't they release Super Mario All-Stars for something like $25 on the eShop and offer $5 off for each one of the NES games owned?

I would double dip and it would prompt me to buy the Mario games I dont own on Wii U VC.

Nghsk

Neo Member
huh, anyone know if the Pokemon Puzzle Challenge will feature local multiplayer or somethin like SMB3? that would be... that would be delightful...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (Nintendo | Game Boy Color | $4.99)
    7cyuogzctzymtlvkzft3-tmu1x.png

I've been waiting for this game to come to the eShop for so long, I've got a lot of nostalgia for it.

zroid

Banned
huh, anyone know if the Pokemon Puzzle Challenge will feature local multiplayer or somethin like SMB3? that would be... that would be delightful...

don't think so unfortunately. they can't emulate link cables for whatever reason. not an issue for NES games.

terrisus

Someone is going to have to ask Reggie or Iwata directly (any journalists reading Gaf?) why don't they release Super Mario All-Stars for something like $25 on the eShop and offer $5 off for each one of the NES games owned?

I would double dip and it would prompt me to buy the Mario games I dont own on Wii U VC.

I would love that.
I would buy them all instantly.

They're honestly my favorite versions of the games.
Especially SMB2.

don't think so unfortunately. they can't emulate link cables for whatever reason. not an issue for NES games.

Yet another reason to get Puzzle League Express.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Everyone so all over the place on Pier Solar that I can't decide if I want it. This means I'll probably end up passing or waiting for a sale.

GulAtiCa

I have decided to start work on ZaciSa 2. This time I will very likely hire an artist to make better graphics (so people actually can see what it is.. lol), a much better name (Doodle Defense: ZaciSa 2 for example (Doodle Defense is what a lot of you guys liked)). Have a lot of ideas to make it a true sequel that will help make it stand out. Like new enemies types that do different things and new bots that add new things. Have a few multiplayer, both co-op and playing as the enemy ideas. Likely online multiplayer too for these features.

I still have plans for ZaciSa 1 of course, mainly right now 2 additional maps, framerate improvements, Miiverse posting, etc to get out before end of year. I'll add another patch early next year for online leaderboards and maybe an extra map or 2 to bring the total number up to 12.

I'll likely focus on 720p instead of 1080p for the sequel so that I can aim for 60 FPS.

terrisus

Perhaps you should watch the trailer.

Geeze.
150 seconds before they finally get to 25 seconds of gameplay.

So... it's a Joust clone?...

I have decided to start work on ZaciSa 2. This time I will very likely hire an artist to make better graphics (so people actually can see what it is.. lol), a much better name (Doodle Defense: ZaciSa 2 for example (Doodle Defense is what a lot of you guys liked)). Have a lot of ideas to make it a true sequel that will help make it stand out. Like new enemies types that do different things and new bots that add new things. Have a few multiplayer, both co-op and playing as the enemy ideas. Likely online multiplayer too for these features.

I still have plans for ZaciSa 1 of course, mainly right now 2 additional maps, framerate improvements, Miiverse posting, etc to get out before end of year. I'll add another patch early next year for online leaderboards and maybe an extra map or 2 to bring the total number up to 12.

I'll likely focus on 720p instead of 1080p for the sequel so that I can aim for 60 FPS.

Sounds like good plans all around =)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish Hyper Light Drifter was actually hitting the Wii U this year, but alas doesn't seem like any platforms are gonna get more than the beta this year.

Any news on if Nintendo will release Golden Sun Lost Age and if you can carry your save over??

Game & Watch Gallery 3 in America before the end of the year, yes or no?

Should I take an avatar bet on it happening?

Why is this the most important 3DS release to me?

Game & Watch Gallery 3 in America before the end of the year, yes or no?

Should I take an avatar bet on it happening?

Why is this the most important 3DS release to me?

I think it's a solid guess considering its coming out in Japan and has already come out in Europe. I do wonder what other games will come for NA 3DS Virtual Console. The Donkey Kong Land games would round it out pretty nicely

maxcriden

Exclusive themes lost their allure the moment I set eyes on glorious Hanafuda art.

Hanafuda music + cards background would be the GOAT.

But seriously, don't call it Doodle Defense: ZaciSa 2. *Just* Doodle Defense! ;)

(I mean this in a good way of course. I'm rooting for you, Greg! And I'm psyched for 60 fps!)

Chopper

Did EU get a NES remix theme yesterday, along with the early release, or is that just for the US? I'm gonna need to see screenshots of that bad boy.

Chrom

Picross e5 has a listing on the 3DS eShop in NA, you have to search for it. Release date 11/13 for $5.99.

Picross e5 has a listing on the 3DS eShop in NA, you have to search for it. Release date 11/13 for $5.99.

It's also the official site
I've Got to Run: Complete Edition (3DS) Castle Conqueror Defender (3DS) and A World of Keflings (Wii U) also have been updated on the site

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm sure most of you know that Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is one of many rebranded versions of an original JP game called Panel de Pon, but did you know the game has a secret cheat code that lets you play a version of the game using the original unused Panel de Pon GB assets?

To access this mode on 3DS VC (or an original cart played on GBC), press Up (2x), Right (4x), Down, Left (10x), Up (4x), Right, Down (6x), B on the title screen.

If performed correctly, it'll take you to a "This game can only be played on GBC" splash screen, like the one you'd see if you put the cart in an OG GB; when you reach this screen, press A (24x), B (24x) and the game should launch in Panepon GB mode.

Here's what it looks like as seen via Super Game Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8YyqyhDoE

The ROM has a lot more unused Panepon data, too--lots of animated character portraits, splash screens, etc. It seems like they were pretty far ahead before the Pokemon rebranding.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sure most of you know that Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is one of many rebranded versions of an original JP game called Panel de Pon, but did you know the game has a secret cheat code that lets you play a version of the game using the original unused Panel de Pon GB assets?

To access this mode on 3DS VC (or an original cart played on GBC), press Up (2x), Right (4x), Down, Left (10x), Up (4x), Right, Down (6x), B on the title screen.

If performed correctly, it'll take you to a "This game can only be played on GBC" splash screen, like the one you'd see if you put the cart in an OG GB; when you reach this screen, press A (24x), B (24x) and the game should launch in Panepon GB mode.

Here's what it looks like as seen via Super Game Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8YyqyhDoE

The ROM has a lot more unused Panepon data, too--lots of animated character portraits, splash screens, etc. It seems like they were pretty far ahead before the Pokemon rebranding.
Oh woah, is this the debug mode I read about on GameFAQs (was checking codes to see how to unlock the characters)? Can't wait to try this out.

*unlocks mode* OW MY EYES.

BooJoh

Yet another reason to get Puzzle League Express.

Honestly, the only thing Puzzle League Express has going for it for me is the smoother animations. I only like one of the BG musics and I still like it far less than any of the Tetris Attack music. It's also missing Puzzle Mode which I loved since Tetris Attack.

Pokémon Puzzle Challenge, on the other hand, has nice nostalgia-filled GS remixes, puzzle mode, suspend feature, doesn't disable StreetPass, doesn't take up space in the tiny DSiWare fridge, and while the animation isn't as smooth it's still perfectly playable.

The colors are hideous even on GBC, but that's pretty cool nonetheless.

maxcriden

Update on the Giana patch situation:

The situation is this: The sound in offscreen-mode is not working. This mode is not a requirement by Nintendo. We fixed this with a patch that has been approved by Nintendo Europe. Within the submission process for the patch Nintendo US discovered another problem which is not related to the sound. But this stopped them from approving the sound patch. We were not able to reproduce this issue yet so we can't solve it. This is stopping the soundpatch to be uploades. Regards Black Forest Games

Via: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/241171-...am-off-tv-sound-patch-continues-to-be-delayed

Top Bottom