• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

TheMoon

Actually it wasn't because the game was announced off of the Playstation blog.

nah, Y2K was known way before that back when they were just done with the Two Brothers KS.

Y2K was announced several months ago around PAX East, they've been doing screeenshot saturday for a while now. I think the game was being considered for being a Wii U console exclusive at some point.

The website was up months before PAX. PAX was just the official big public unveil. They had been talking about Project Y2K maybe being a Wii U exclusive at that time.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/ackkstudios_working_on_earthbound_inspired_wii_u_rpg

nah, Y2K was known way before that back when they were just done with the Two Brothers KS.

The website was up months before PAX. PAX was just the official big public unveil. They had been talking about Project Y2K maybe being a Wii U exclusive at that time.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/ackkstudios_working_on_earthbound_inspired_wii_u_rpg

Shhh. No.

Indies aren't real unless they announce them for Sony consoles. Because #4dagameahZ and stuff. Just like Amikrog didn't actually exist until a week or two ago.

tolkir

Culture Brain bringing new classic games. Good.
They have already rated 4 NES games.

LITTLE NINJA BROTHERS
FLYING WARRIORS
FLYING DRAGON: THE SECRET SCROLL
KUNG-FU HEROES

I hope that they are going to release them soon.

Other news, Pier Solar has release date in Europe.
B2aAcYEIYAAV0Kj.jpg

sörine

Banned
I don't own any of them on Wii, so they would be full-price purchases for me.
I would buy all of them Day 1.

I don't undersstand why they came out so easily on Wii - even in the US - but haven't been on Wii U/3DS in the US.
They didn't really start on Wii until several years in, although Taito came earlier. Of course that was in Japan too.

Also, the Wii VC has some good SE stuff if you haven't bit yet. Even in Wii mode there's these games are worth playing:

Actraiser (SNES)
Bubble Bobble (NES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Darius Twin (SNES)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Final Fantasy III (SNES)
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES)
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
The Legend of Kage (NES)

terrisus

sörine;138916579 said:
They didn't really start on Wii until several years in, although Taito came earlier. Of course that was in Japan too.

Also, the Wii VC has some good SE stuff if you haven't bit yet. Even in Wii mode there's these games are worth playing:

Actraiser (SNES)
Bubble Bobble (NES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Darius Twin (SNES)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Final Fantasy III (SNES)
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES)
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
The Legend of Kage (NES)

Nah, I have every single game on that list aside from Darius Twin for their original system already.
That's why I basically made no use at all out of the Wii's VC - it didn't offer me anything over the games that I already had.

But, the the Wii U VC, being able to play it handheld on the gamepad (I haven't even had my system hooked up to the television probably 80% of the time I've owned it) makes purchases very worth-while to me.
Sure, I have Final Fantasy 1-3 for GBA, and Chrono Trigger for DS, already but still, nice just being able to play them on the gamepad.

So, come on Square-Enix - my money is waiting <3

What?! Was so not expecting that. Little Ninja Bros I can live without (Super.....maybe), but Flying Warriors is such an interesting game. It meshes 3 different kinds of games together, and while it does none of them particularly well I can appreciate they at least tried. I remember there being a rather nicely drawn comic in Gamepro magazine that told the story from the game. That comic really got me hyped up to play the game.

flyingwarriors_zpsa786979a.jpg

tolkir

The number listed in the eShop is after the game has finished installing. The actual download is lower than that.

I know but when it installs the game, delete the download.

4 gb is the download with the installation. It's the maximum free space that you need to download and install it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shame it wasn't a bonus for registering the game like other games (Nintendogs on eShop & Ultimate NES Remix). Oh well, guess I can be happy for the OST & free Mewtwo instead.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
ok, 75 bucks to spend on the wiiu eshop

some impression on:

tengami
stealth inc 2
telsagrad
unepic
shovel knight

?????

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

some impression on:

tengami
stealth inc 2
telsagrad
unepic
shovel knight

?????

I haven't played the others, but if you like sidescrolling games like Castlevania and Megaman, I'm sure you'll love Shovel Knight. It was just an amazingly executed game imo.

The online impressions seem to imply Tengami is beautiful, but short and can get repetitive. Teslagrad is supposed to have some difficulty issues, but it's done quite well on metacritic, so they can't be too major (probably my next indie purchase).

tolkir

some impression on:

tengami
stealth inc 2
telsagrad
unepic
shovel knight

?????

Recently finished Teslagrad. Wonderful game, a metroidvania with puzzle-focus and very good setting (Russians, steampunk, background story).
Some bosses were great. Not too easy.
A little short (5 hours and 30 min to complete 100%).

Some excellent titles this year on eShop. We're going to have do a Nintendo Downloads ceremony of eShop DOTY 2014 awards.

joedick

Shouldn't be necessary. The second USB connection is just for power.

Perfect, thanks!

Also, for any Canadians in here, Target is selling eShop cards at buy one, get one 20% off. So it's really 10% off your whole purchase - not the greatest deal, but better than full price!

joedick

$10 for a SNES game is too much IMO. So I'm guessing the answer is no?

Unlikely, but not 100% no. Unlike the Wii VC, Nintendo has from time to time discounted a handful of VC games. If it happens, don't expect much. The sales typically range from 20-30% off, with the exception of the 30 cent games for the Famicom anniversary. I don't think third parties have discounted VC games (unless they were part of Nintendo's themed sales), the exception here being when Capcom put Mega Man X and Mega Man: Dr. WIly's Revenge for $2.00 each.

Also, Earthbound was offered free to certain Club Nintendo members at the end of the CN year (can't remember if it was a Gold or Platinum gift), so it's not like Nintendo is against getting anything but 10 bucks for the game.

Of course, if you have a deluxe system, you can get 10% back if you buy before the end of the year.

Unlikely, but not 100% no. Unlike the Wii VC, Nintendo has from time to time discounted a handful of VC games. If it happens, don't expect much. The sales typically range from 20-30% off, with the exception of the 30 cent games for the Famicom anniversary. I don't think third parties have discounted VC games (unless they were part of Nintendo's themed sales), the exception here being when Capcom put Mega Man X and Mega Man: Dr. WIly's Revenge for $2.00 each.

Also, Earthbound was offered free to certain Club Nintendo members at the end of the CN year (can't remember if it was a Gold or Platinum gift), so it's not like Nintendo is against getting anything but 10 bucks for the game.

Of course, if you have a deluxe system, you can get 10% back if you buy before the end of the year.

Thanks for the info. I just got the system yesterday (haven't opened it yet, maybe will be my xmas present, not sure if I can wait that long :p). I totally forgot about the digital promotion thingy. Maybe I will just pick it up then.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ok, thanks to everyone.
I think that I'll wait to see some possibel deal/promotion from now until end of December (I want to use my eshop wallet before the ending of the DDP promotion), for those games. It seems that all of those could be good games.

JoeM86

Don't have the PR yet but I have seen that Watch_Dogs is in it, as is two pieces of DLC for it, and a Sleeping Pikachu theme

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric &#8364;49.99 / £39.99
Watch_Dogs &#8364;59.99 / £49.99
Watch_Dogs Conspiracy Add-on content &#8364;4.99 / £3.99
Watch_Dogs Access Granted Add-on content &#8364;6.99 / £5.49
Rock Zombie &#8364;6.99 / £6.29

Wii U Virtual Console
Wild Guns &#8364;7.99 / £5.49
Natsume Championship Wrestling&#8482; &#8364;7.99 / £5.49

3DS
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal &#8364;39.99 / £34.99
Asterix The Mansions of the Gods &#8364;34.99 / £29.99
Tetris Ultimate &#8364;19.99 / £15.99
101 Pony Pets &#8364;4.00 / £3.59
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Clipped Wings 2 &#8364;1.79 / £1.49
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Snake Scale Equipment &#8364;0.99 / £0.75

3DS Virtual Console
Lufia: The Legend Returns &#8364;4.99 / £4.49

3DS Themes
Pokémon: ONEMURI Pikachu &#8364;1.99 / £1.79
Pokémon: Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre &#8364;1.99 / £1.79
Sonic Boom&#8482; Theme Free
Super Mario (Neon Green) &#8364;1.99 / £1.79
Super Mario (Pastel Pink) &#8364;1.99 / £1.79
Super Mario (Blue) &#8364;1.99 / £1.79

DSiWare
Around the World in 80 Days

====
Price Reductions

WAKEDAS &#8364;1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80 until 11/12/2014, 23:59 UTC
World Conqueror 3D &#8364;3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 until 11/12/2014, 23:59 UTC.

Permanent
Darts Up 3D &#8364;0.49 / £0.45 / CHF0.70 if you already downloaded Darts Up on Nintendo eShop for Wii U and have linked your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U with the same Nintendo Network ID.

Doczu

World Concueror has a sale? Damn i wish i bought the game now. It's fun, but not worth the full price.

Anyone can tell how the sequel is?

RiggyRob

SMT DLC and Watch_Dogs DLC, interesting. I'd get Tetris Ultimate, but there's not much point since I have the GOAT Tetris DS.

I've never played Lufia but I'd rather wait and play the first one on SNES rather than Game Boy version.

TheMoon

SMT DLC and Watch_Dogs DLC, interesting. I'd get Tetris Ultimate, but there's not much point since I have the GOAT Tetris DS.

I've never played Lufia but I'd rather wait and play the first one on SNES rather than Game Boy version.

The first one will likely never come since that Taito published that, not Natsume. Natsume only published Lufia 2 (the one everyone wants) and of course that's the only SNES Lufia we got in Europe published by NOE.

Anyone have an idea what the club nintendo rewards will be after Nov 16th in NA?

I didnt want anything from that reward list, so I waited for the new batch of games to release and... it's the same today.

terrisus

Can I expect Earthbound to ever go on sale?

$10 for a SNES game is too much IMO.

Darn does reading stuff like this make me depressed =(

Earthbound is one of the best games ever (my 2nd-favorite game ever), and is well worth most any price. It's a steal at 10 times the price.

Meanwhile, you'll have people spending $60 on RandomFPS15, playing it for a couple of months, and then trading it in for $30, without giving it a second thought.
Not saying the poster I quoted does that, but plenty of people do.

What's the last game you paid $10 for? Earthbound is better than that game.

Heck, what's the last game you paid $30, $50, or $60 for?
Earthbound is better than any of those games.

zroid

Banned
3DS Themes
Pokémon: ONEMURI Pikachu €1.99 / £1.79
Pokémon: Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre €1.99 / £1.79

Are there pics/videos of these yet?

Not that I'll buy them anyway, as I've said, boycotting all themes till the Skyward Sword one is available in NA!

Top Bottom