• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

Some new pages on Nintendo.com

3DS
Battleminer Nov 20 - $9.99
Penguins of Madagascar Nov 25 $29.99
Christmas Wonderland 4 Dec 4 -$9.99

Wii U
DK: King of Swing Nov 20, $6.99
Alphadia Genesis - Nov 20 $14.99
Snake Den Nov 20, $3.99
Duck Hunt (TBD)

In addition according to the 3DS eShop
Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 Nov 20, $9.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 2014 movie game) Nov 28 $29.99

and according to Nintendolife, a text and voice cgat application called Chat-A-Lot is coming to the 3DS eShop Nov. 20 for $7.99

terrisus

and according to Nintendolife, a text and voice cgat application called Chat-A-Lot is coming to the 3DS eShop Nov. 20 for $7.99

L4Q9ajk.jpg

=(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD, DUCK HUNT HASN'T BEEN RATED BY THE ESRB YET. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD VIEW THE GAME PAGE.

Actually, looking at the second screenshot....

rxDitYd1Bt97J2Vw3Z70y9fbHjsE4cJ-.jpg

That crosshair looks new. Perhaps they changed it so you can see where you're aiming?

foltzie1

OH GOD, DUCK HUNT HASN'T BEEN RATED BY THE ESRB YET. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD VIEW THE GAME PAGE.

Actually, looking at the second screenshot....

rxDitYd1Bt97J2Vw3Z70y9fbHjsE4cJ-.jpg

That crosshair looks new. Perhaps they changed it so you can see where you're aiming?

I dont imagine that they actually built in support for the Zapper on the Wii U. Unstealthy Edit:
Mild sarcasm intended as humor

It will use the Wiimote

donny2112

Probably. Hope they also include an option to calibrate and turn off the crosshairs. If this means more Zapper and eventual Super Scope support, though, I'll take whatever! :D

TheMoon

I dont imagine that they actually built in support for the Zapper on the Wii U.

It will use the Wiimote
Probably. Hope they also include an option to calibrate and turn off the crosshairs. If this means more Zapper and eventual Super Scope support, though, I'll take whatever! :D

The announcement said Wiimote required so obviously, yea. Obvious thing is obvious :)

jholmes

I know this is probably your idea of a joke but add Funasshi to the game and I'll be all over it. Japanese tour? Sign me up! Japanese mascots? Hell yeah! Japanese trains?! Well, slap me and call me Sassafras!

By all means I would buy and play this game if it came over. My idea of a joke, as you put it, is that we should feel entitled to something like this overseas.

maxcriden

King of Swing looks similar to Jungle Climber, which was excruciating on the hands with the L/R controls. Fun, creative game though. I suppose its release tomorrow means we likely won't get DKC this week. Hopefully very soon though.

By all means I would buy and play this game if it came over. My idea of a joke, as you put it, is that we should feel entitled to something like this overseas.
Maybe my way of saying it made it sound like I was looking for conflict? I really wasn't. And I just saw that Funasshi is iiiiinnn ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
King of Swing looks similar to Jungle Climber, which was excruciating on the hands with the L/R controls. Fun, creative game though. I suppose its release tomorrow means we likely won't get DKC this week. Hopefully very soon though.

No sense wasting DKC during the week of Smash Brothers.

Tizoc

Tetris Ultimate's OK, but I don't like the slow tempo theme being played during the main Marathon mode.
A faster tempo is used in the game's VS. CPU/Online Versus(?) mode though, but all in all...I like it.

I'm also getting the Vita ver. too, so should the 3DS ver. go on sale on the eShop, I'll trade in my retail copy :p

Anyone got final boss tips for Gunvolt? (is there an OT?) I got stuck and I'm getting a bit bored of grinding challenges for XP and materials. For gear I'm just using the "no damage when not attacking" thing and 2 "slower energy field EP drain" items and a triple jump. Never had this much trouble with the Mega Man Zero/ZX bosses. I like Gunvolt but I'm not as much of a fan of how it handles bosses. Constantly resetting tags feels more like a chore than an "attack".

I've read a lot of people have trouble with the final boss but I somehow don't have much trouble against him. You've got the Prevasion Chain equipped so make sure you're not attacking when he's going to hit (obviously...), use a gun with a lot of tags and concentrate them on his "core" when it's open, constantly double tap down while you're getting hit to instantly recover EP and not receive damage, and save your skills for HP recovery (except maybe the sword thing if you know you're gonna hit hard). All of that may sound really obvious, I'm sorry. In order to get the real ending you actually have to beat the last stage, boss included, with a special item equipped instead of Prevasion Chain, making this fight a lot harder. Are you having trouble with a specific attack?

I can't remember exactly what I had equipped when fighting him, but this is what I have equipped now. Skills: Astrasphere, Voltaic Chains, Luxcalibur, Galvanic Renewal. Gear: Vasuki (I like this gun since as long as you hit something it redistributes the tags among the enemies on screen, but something with more tags might be more useful against the boss), Dynamo Eye (max EP by 120), Flash Focus + (less EP expenditure), Boost Band + (double jump), Prevasion Chain. I probably enhanced some of the equipment after beating him but I don't think I changed things too much. I'm Level 60 now but must have been a lot lower when fighting the final boss since I only did most of the challenges afterwards.

Sorry, I know I'm not of much help. This is the OT and this is an impressions thread from when it came out. There's probably a lot better advice in there than what I just gave you. Keep at it!

Some new pages on Nintendo.com

3DS
Battleminer Nov 20 - $9.99
Christmas Wonderland 4 Dec 4 -$9.99

Wii U
DK: King of Swing Nov 20, $6.99
Alphadia Genesis - Nov 20 $14.99
Snake Den Nov 20, $3.99
Duck Hunt (TBD)

In addition according to the 3DS eShop
Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 Nov 20, $9.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 2014 movie game) Nov 28 $29.99

Ugh, that Alphadia Genesis game almost fooled into being interested in it when I saw it pop up on the eshop. I had never heard of it before, and when I saw that it had Natsume listed on it as Publisher, I added it to my wishlist.

Looking at the link for it on the nintendo site now though, I see that it's actually a Kemco developed game...ew, no thanks. I don't need their mediocre titles, leave that crap on phone app stores.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of hoping Duck Hunt is out today, since it could be included as a Masterpiece in SSB Wii U when you unlock Duck Hunt the character/stage.

zroid

Banned
REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Face off against a massive roster of video game all-stars! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn new customizable equipment that trick out your fighter's moves and stats. Then power-up and train amiibo figures (each sold separately) to take on your friends. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be available on Nov. 21. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Watch_Dogs - Watch_Dogs tells the story of Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. The game lets players use Chicago as their weapon to exact their own style of revenge. Watch_Dogs takes advantage of the Wii U hardware with a detailed and interactive map of Chicago displayed on the Wii U GamePad controller, as well as off-TV play, letting gamers continue playing Watch_Dogs solely on the GamePad.

Virtual Console on Wii U
DK: King of Swing - In this Game Boy Advance adventure, grab, climb and swing on pegs as you charge and bash through enemies that block your way. Collect bananas and Crystal Coconuts in the five worlds of Adventure mode, or play some puzzling levels in single-player Jungle Jam mode. Find those medals and let the festivities begin!

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - Soar high above the Hoenn region on an unforgettable quest to be the very best Pokémon Trainer. As you catch, battle and train a variety of Pokémon, you'll unleash powerful new Mega Evolutions. Seek out Legendary Pokémon from regions near and far while uncovering the secret powers of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Click here to watch a trailer for the games.

Special Offers:

Get a Smashing Soundtrack and Mewtwo DLC - For a limited time, buy and register both Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to receive a special soundtrack CD and free Mewtwo DLC from Club Nintendo. The soundtrack CD offer runs Nov. 21 through Jan. 13, 2015. The Mewtew DLC offer runs Nov. 21 through Mar. 31, 2015.
National StreetPass Weekend is back! - Swing by a Nintendo Zone hot spot with your Nintendo 3DS system from Nov. 26 through Nov. 30. We are mashing up StreetPass Relay Points across the U.S. and Canada so you can get up to six StreetPass tags from many different places. Collect puzzle pieces from Mii characters to fill up your puzzle panels in Puzzle Swap or pick up enemy tokens for StreetSmash in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Find a hotspot near you here: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Nordic Games is putting Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and other fun games on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
The Letter is more than 75 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 30.
Ping 1.5+ is 50 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.49) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 3.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) starting Nov. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 10.
Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns and other games from Natsume will be on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT Nov. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 10.
The Keep is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec 4.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.

Coming soon:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Nov. 25 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Mighty Final Fight - Nov. 27 (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U)
Mario Pinball Land - Nov. 27 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
Ultimate NES Remix - Dec. 5 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Dec. 5 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Also new this week:

The Amazing Spider-Man (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
The Penguins of Madagascar (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
Snake Den (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Alphadia Genesis (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
ZaciSa's Last Stand - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Battleminer (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Fishdom H20: A Hidden Odyssey - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

terrisus

Seriously though, I think this is the first week ever that I've actually expected/anticipated an eShop release on a specific day (Donkey Kong Country 1, of course).
I'm very disappointed =(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YES, Mighty Final Fight. This pretty much means all the Capcom VC titles that I mainly wanted are confirmed/released in the US.

Wonder how much of a discount Yumi's Odd Odyssey will get. For $10-$15, I'd recommend it as long as you know it's gonna be one of those games that you REALLY need to master.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But Disney games =(
How in the world is Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge, a PS2 title, suppose to hit the Virtual Console? Besides, despite being the developer, they only published in EU, so they don't have the rights in the US.

Sadly doubt the NES Disney games will be re-released due to licensing.

terrisus

I'll be getting it when I have the chance, although that probably won't be for a month or so.

Well, they didn't mention the sale, but at least they mentioned the demo! :)

Didn't mention the sale?
That's silly.

Well, hopefully people will check out the demo, and notice the sale while they're there.

Richie

Mario Pinball Land always struck me as a title that'd have been a one-shot quirky new IP, typical of that period of Nintendo, but had Mario slapped on it to sell.

The graphics were quite purdy for the GBA though.

Seems like no DKC next week either. I really don't get NOA.

I can see the logic in not releasing this today, I mean, whatever they put out this week was gonna be overshadowed by Smash.
Cross your fingers they don't pull a SMB3 on us, though.

I've been eyeing The Keep since it got released. I stumbled onto it on 3DS eShop and enjoyed what I saw in the trailer. I'll pick it up now that it's on sale.

Anyone played Alphadia Genesis on mobile? Is it any good?

Richie

I have no interest at all in Smash Brothers though =(
How about something for the rest of us?

The Letter -is- more than 75% off :p

It's a shame, yeah, but with they already dripping releases at it is, they won't wanna drop a high profile VC game next to retail titles that may take off all the attention.

sörine

Banned
YES, Mighty Final Fight. This pretty much means all the Capcom VC titles that I mainly wanted are confirmed/released in the US.
I'd also like NES Bionic Commando, NES Stider, 1943, Section Z, BOF1, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, King of Dragons, Metal Walker, MMBN2-3, MMZ1-4, GBA SFA3, Final Fight One, GBA Super GNG, GBA MM & Bass and maybe some imports like Rockman & Forte SFC.

Obviously there's tons of licensed stuff I'd also buy, even beyond Disney there's Willow, UN Squadron, Little Nemo, SNES X-Men, etc, but no one seems really interested in pushing for that for some reason.

It's a shame, yeah, but with they already dripping releases at it is, they won't wanna drop a high profile VC game next to retail titles that may take off all the attention.
VC filler ideology strikes again. What they should be doing is releasing a bunch of notable VC this week that tie into the big retail releases (Smash, Pokémon) and can co-promote / ride their coattails. Stuff like Pokémon Pinball, Mystery Dungeon Red, Donkey Kong Country/Land, Zero Mission, Duck Hunt, Mega Man & Bass, Fire Emblem, etc.

King of Swing's a good game but just it alone (and NOTHING on 3DS) is laughably miscalculated this week. Natsume Pride Week in Europe is totally shaming us.

jholmes

sörine;139678201 said:
I'd also like NES Bionic Commando, NES Stider, 1943, Section Z, BOF1, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, King of Dragons, Metal Walker, MMBN2-3, MMZ1-4, GBA SFA3, Final Fight One, GBA Super GNG, GBA MM & Bass and maybe some imports like Rockman & Forte SFC.

Obviously there's tons of licensed stuff I'd also buy, even beyond Disney there's Willow, UN Squadron, Little Nemo, SNES X-Men, etc, but no one seems really interested in pushing for that for some reason.

Oh now you've done it. Now everyone knows what they'll whine about after we get Donkey Kong Country. Way to go!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
sörine;139678201 said:

I know we'll eventually get the GBA Battle Network & Zero stuff, I wouldn't be surprised at Mega Man & Bass eventually, but yes, I'd totally be up for NES Bionic Commando, ESPECIALLY since we got the GB one and EU got the GBC title this month as well. Maybe this time, Nintendo won't turn the game down (no idea why they wouldn't allow it on the Wii VC. Maybe because the new games were PS360 exclusive & they felt it was promoting those?).

Also U.N. Squadron is an awesome SNES shmup and so glad I found a copy for about $10 at my local used game store a couple of years ago.

terrisus

sörine;139678201 said:
Willow, UN Squadron, Little Nemo

All absolutely amazing games <3

Also U.N. Squadron is an awesome SNES shmup and so glad I found a copy for about $10 at my local used game store a couple of years ago.

Got it new when it came out.
Would still love a handheld copy of it.

Not going to happen, though =(

Top Bottom