• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

SerTapTap

If I've got a creaky gamepad I guess I'm doomed, huh? Wii U is over a year old, not really possible to fix creaky plastic is it? If you grip the lefthand side of mine it creaks a bit. Nothing major but just enough to be annoying and I can't exactly just buy a new one

Alright guys, I'll get Golden Sun. Wish me luck!
Good choice! It's a great game with a fantastic battle system. You'll probably want to get the sequel as well when it comes out since this one ties directly into it, and that one's even better.

You can recharge EP while actively being hit? Huh I just figured I had to wait for the animation to end. I've just been using the normal gun, I'll take a look at that one. I'm level 40 now and have basically that same equipment, I'll give it another shot tonight
Wait, you're still using Cerberus? No wonder you don't like tagging. Cerberus only has 3 tags while, while Naga has 5, Orochi 8 and Vasuki 4. You can only tag an enemy 3 times, but the more tags a gun allows, the more enemies or enemy parts you can tag at the same time, and the more tags you put on an enemy, the more damage your attacks do. Vasuki is great with this since it automatically tags enemies that you're not even hitting as long as your shots hit an enemy, although it can be kinda tricky to use against certain bosses that require that you only attack a certain point, like the pole-dancing ladies. You probably already know, but most guns have auto-fire, so you can just keep the Y button pressed and tag away (I've seen a lot of people online who found out about this really late).

There's an unlockable gun called Dullahan that has no tagging capabilities and does much more damage than regular guns, which makes the game play more similarly to Mega Man X / Zero. You'll probably like that gun, although you have to beat the game with the good ending in order to unlock it.

sörine

Banned
Capcom USA already confirmed before it's the SNES BOF1 we're getting this year. We might get the GBA version too eventually though, Nintendo doesn't seem against releasing ports of the same games already on VC.

We're also still getting Mega Man Zero and Street Fighter 2010 this year yet.

Yeah, I'm guessing they took care of whatever licensing issue/agreement they might have had to work out with Square in regards to BoF1. Wouldn't be surprised if they just flat out bought the full rights to it. (If only they could do that with BoFIII on PSN...)

Though the music is quite a bit worse, the GBA version is a bit less of a pain to play through, especially for new players. The battle UI's been redesigned to be a bit less confusing (It's more or less BoF IV's, really) a run button, and they increased the amount of Gold and experience you get in battles compared to the SNES version, so grinding isn't anywhere as tedious as it used to be. If they're releasing the SNES version though, I don't see them putting up the GBA version since content wise, the game is exactly the same. It's a little different from Capcom releasing a bunch of SFII variations on Wii VC (Since there were at least roster updates between each version.)

TheMoon

Yeah, I'm guessing they took care of whatever licensing issue/agreement they might have had to work out with Square in regards to BoF1. Wouldn't be surprised if they just flat out bought the full rights to it. (If only they could do that with BoFIII on PSN...)

Though the music is quite a bit worse, the GBA version is a bit less of a pain to play through, especially for new players. The battle UI's been redesigned to be a bit less confusing (It's more or less BoF IV's, really) a run button, and they increased the amount of Gold and experience you get in battles compared to the SNES version, so grinding isn't anywhere as tedious as it used to be. If they're releasing the SNES version though, I don't see them putting up the GBA version since content wise, the game is exactly the same. It's a little different from Capcom releasing a bunch of SFII variations on Wii VC (Since there were at least roster updates between each version.)

Did you forget that they've rereleased the SFII games across multiple VC platforms? TG16, Genesis and SNES? This certainly won't stop them. This is double dip paradise.

sörine;139939885 said:
Capcom USA already confirmed before it's the SNES BOF1 we're getting this year. We might get the GBA version too eventually though, Nintendo doesn't seem against releasing ports of the same games already on VC.

We're also still getting Mega Man Zero and Street Fighter 2010 this year yet.

Really? That's awesome news!

I just sort of assumed that the reason they were releasing it was because they had the GBA version available.

Nice.

sörine

Banned
Squaresoft games at least have a slim chance. Whereas Enix games have like 5%. God, this is so depressing.
Japan hasn't gotten any Enix games yet either. And Wii VC only ever got Actraiser.

Depressing isn't the right word, the lack of Enix support has been a tragedy. And it's not due to demand, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma were always topping VC want lists (including Nintendo Power's surveys) and no doubt the Dragon Quest games would be big sellers in Japan.

terrisus

Squaresoft games at least have a slim chance. Whereas Enix games have like 5%. God, this is so depressing.

sörine;139947682 said:
Japan hasn't gotten any Enix games yet either. And Wii VC only ever got Actraiser.

Depressing isn't the right word, the lack of Enix support has been a tragedy. And it's not due to demand, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma were always topping VC want lists (including Nintendo Power's surveys) and no doubt the Dragon Quest games would be big sellers in Japan.

I want the Dragon Quest games so badly =(
Man, the things I wouldn't give for Dragon Quest/Warrior 1-4 on 3DS VC...

I own them all on NES already, and have the GB/GBC/DS ports/remake as well...
But having them always on my system would be amazing...

Nairume

Banned
Grabbed Alphadia Genesis and Pier Solar. It's kind of weird to see the two go about doing the same thing in entirely different ways.

AG also does something neat where they seem to have been trying to make up for the game being more expensive than the mobile version making it to where, instead of taking the IAP content out, you find credit that you can spend on what used to be the IAP store.

Grabbed Alphadia Genesis and Pier Solar. It's kind of weird to see the two go about doing the same thing in entirely different ways.

AG also does something neat where they seem to have been trying to make up for the game being more expensive than the mobile version making it to where, instead of taking the IAP content out, you find credit that you can spend on what used to be the IAP store.

So...is it an ok game?

It looked like a weird B-tier PS2 RPG mixed with a B-Tier SNES RPG. The two styles seem to clash pretty hard.

How's the music? Story? Combat system?

Nairume

Banned
The 3D stuff is more like early dreamcast than PS2, tbh.

Like most of Kemco's stuff, it's pretty by the numbers. There's nothing absolutely outstanding about it, but otherwise nothing bad about it. It's basically just a generic JRPG that shows up, does its job, and goes home. Seems like it'll be worth the $15. The combat seems like pretty standard PS2-era tactical stuff based around attacks determining your subsequent turns (basically a very simplified version of FFX?) and the story is a weird mix of late NES/early SNES era hero being recruited by the King to save the day and late PS1/early PS2 high concept stuff dealing with clone ethics and stuff.

That said, the scrolling is super choppy for whatever reason and the timing for the battle animations is pretty obviously off. Neither are really all that much of a deal breaker.

sörine

Banned
VC update from Natsume!

State of the Farm said:
There’s still more to come with Lufia: The Legend Returns GBC arriving in the near future, and we’ve begun work on some GBA games for Wii U as well! We’re giving lots of notice on those, BUT we aren’t naming any specific titles yet. Expect to see them launch in about six months!

Fingers crossed for Car Battler Joe and Cima: The Enemy.

Orgen

What can we expect for today? Some S-E VC titles? Some Nintendo titles sales? Hahaha

And the deluxe program is ending vadernoooooo!!!.jpg

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U €59.99 / £49.99
Thomas Was Alone €7.99 / £6.99
Pier Solar and the Great Architects €11.49 / £11.99
Ittle Dew €9.99 / £8.99 /
Shiny the Firefly €9.99 / £8.99
The Penguins of Madagascar €39.99 / £34.99
Hyrule Warriors: Twilight Princess Pack €6.99 / £6.29

Wii U Virtual Console
Breath of Fire

3DS
Pokémon Omega Ruby €44.99 / £39.99
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire €44.99 / £39.99
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth €39.99 / £34.99
The Penguins of Madagascar €29.99 / £24.99
Horse Vet 3D €29.99
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom €29.99 / £24.99
Castle Conqueror EX €3.99 / £3.49
Talking Phrasebook 7 Languages €4.99 / £4.49
My First Songs €4.99 / £4.49
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Ancient One of the Sun €0.99 / £0.75
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Eternal Youth €1.79 / £1.49

3DS Virtual Console
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge €4.99 / £4.49

3DS Themes
Pikmin working together €1.99 / £1.79
Pikmin and a Hungry Bulborb €1.99 / £1.79
Spotlight: Shovel Knight €1.99 / £1.79

==========
Price Reductions

Shiny the Firefly €6.99 / £6.29 until 31.12.2014 23:59 UTC
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams €8.99 / £7.79 until 04.12.2014, 23:59 UTC
Runner2 €3.99 / £3.33 until 11.12.2014, 23:59 UTC
Farming Simulator 14 €19.99 / £12.99 until 11.12.2014, 23:59 local time
The Keep €5.99 / £5.49 sale until 11.12.2014 23:59 UTC

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've finished Tengami: really short, but I enjoyed it: the atmospehere is really charming, as the OST. Puzzles are not too complicated, but somehow satisfying.
Now I hink I will wait to see if there will be some deal on:

Telsagrad
Unepic (I've seen that buying it, I can have a discount on Roxk Zombi)
Shovel Knight (I've seen the cross-buy promotion)
Stealth Inc

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The download code SSB 4 is £39.99 at Game, if someone wants it digital.

A really great week for eshop, how do I hold all these games?

dokish

Banned
Hello everyone, please help!

Do we have a Wii U official thread?

Question: I plan on buying a Wii U soon in Asia. If I play online, will I be stuck with Asian players only? (With the same console area or selected by ip)

TheMoon

This week, in Europe

why don't you just copy paste the full thing every week? full details, no typos, platform info and version details!

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo, available Nov. 28) - €59.99/£49.99
Mario, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and over 30 other famous faces come together in the biggest Super Smash Bros. line-up ever! Unleash your brawling best against opponents near or far in local and online multiplayer modes. Customise your character's special moves and abilities, and battle yourself as your Mii character. Bring your amiibo into the game as a powerful fighter that grows and evolves over time.

Thomas Was Alone (Curve Digital) - €7.99/£6.99
Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters' journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace. Discover the story of the world's first sentient AIs, and how they worked together to, well... "escape" is a strong word. "Emerge" might be better. "Emerge" has an air of importance about it, while keeping a plethora of plot twists and origin stories under wraps. We didn't even mention the bouncing. That'd be overkill.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects (WaterMelon) - €11.49/£11.99
Pier Solar is an RPG that tells the story of Hoston, a young botanist who is on a quest to save his father from a mysterious illness. Along with his two best friends Alina and Edessot, the three friends embark on a quest seeking a rare herb to cure the illness of Hoston's father. Little do they know, it is the beginning of a winding journey that unravels his father's past and the mystery of Pier Solar and the Great Architects.

Ittle Dew (Ludosity) - €9.99/£8.99
Adventuress Ittle Dew and her sidekick Tippsie crash onto a strange island, filled with loot and mysterious inhabitants. It quickly dawns on the duo that this might become their biggest adventure yet. Ittle Dew boils down the classic adventure formula until there is only fun left. Experience devious puzzles, timeless gameplay and lots of exploration!

Shiny The Firefly (Padaone Games) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends Dec. 31, normal price €9.99/£8.99)
This adorable game, set in the middle of a picturesque garden, has you helping Shiny, the cute little firefly, to find his babies. You'll have to fly, run, hide and defend yourself against a legion of enemies. Stubborn mosquitoes, hungry toads, mischievous plants, sneaky wasps, endlessly long centipedes and lots of other little, dangerous garden dwellers are going to get in your way and make your life difficult. Your reflexes will be tested, as well as your wit and intellect as you navigate through this beautiful, colourful world helping Shiny in his search. All kinds of different animations let you know how Shiny's feeling. So you'll always know if he's feeling happy, concerned, tired or angry. That will help you solve the trickiest situations in the game. Use your ability to shine skilfully: the babies can only follow Shiny when he is lit up, but that also makes him visible to his enemies... Can you reunite Shiny with his family?

Breath of Fire (Capcom, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49
Long ago, the war between the dragon clans almost destroyed the world. Now, centuries after the Light and Dark Dragons settled their scores, evil is rising again! Join Ryu, a descendant of the Light Dragons, who has the ability to transform into a powerful beast, in a quest to rescue his sister and stop the Dark Dragons' plans. He is joined by a band of seven companions, each with unique animal powers. Developed by Capcom, Breath of Fire: The Dragon Warrior also features cleverly-hidden character cameos - if you know where to look! This is the US version of the game.

Hyrule Warriors: Twilight Princess Pack (Nintendo) - €6.99/£6.29
- A new Adventure Mode map (Twilight-covered Hyrule) with six new 8-bit weapons and sixteen new alternatively-coloured costumes as rewards
- A new playable character (Midna in her true Twili form)
- A new weapon type for Zelda (Dominion Rod)
- Two new costumes (Ilia's Clothes for Zelda and Postman Uniform for Link)

The Penguins of Madagascar (Little Orbit) - €39.99/£34.99
Help Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private defeat Dr. Octavius Brine's plan for world domination!Go on stealth operations in top-secret locations from the movie and beyond. Master each Penguin's unique skill, like Rico's Explosive Slide and Skipper's Stun Slap. Solve puzzles, crack codes and hunt for Cheezy Dibbles!

Special offers
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games) - €8.99/£7.79 (Ends Dec. 4, regular price €14.99/£12.99)
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - €3.99/£3.33 (Ends Dec. 11, regular price €11.99/£9.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (The Pokémon Company, available Nov. 28) - €44.99/£39.99
In this game, the player is a Trainer who captures, trains and battles small creatures called Pokémon, while adventuring to save the land from Team Aqua's evil plans. There is a chance to become the Champion Trainer by defeating other Trainers in Pokémon battles, plus Super-Secret Bases to find, and Secret Pals to make, which can be accessed online or over local wireless for multiplayer battles and trading.

Pokémon Omega Ruby (The Pokémon Company, available Nov. 28) - €44.99/£39.99
In this game, the player is a Trainer who captures, trains and battles small creatures called Pokémon, while adventuring to save the land from Team Magma's evil plans. There is a chance to become the Champion Trainer by defeating other Trainers in Pokémon battles, plus Super-Secret Bases to find, and Secret Pals to make, which can be accessed online or over local wireless for multiplayer battles and trading.

The Penguins of Madagascar (Little Orbit) - €29.99/£24.99
Help Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private defeat Dr. Octavius Brine's plan for world domination!Go on stealth operations in top-secret locations from the movie and beyond. Master each Penguin's unique skill, like Rico's Explosive Slide and Skipper's Stun Slap. Solve puzzles, crack codes and hunt for Cheezy Dibbles!

Horse Vet 3D (Treva Entertainment) - €29.99/£24.99
Experience the daily life of a veterinarian - specialized in horses! You examine the horses to determine the nature of diseases or injuries. Drive to emergencies and treat them inpatient afterwards until they are healthy again!

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (Little Orbit) - €29.99/£24.99
What time is it? It's time to join Finn (the human) and his best bro Jake (the shape shifting dog) on an original heroic adventure through the mysterious Nameless Kingdom. Go on epic quests, solve challenging puzzles and uncover hidden secrets by exploring a new realm created exclusively for the video game. Explore the wild and uncharted Nameless Kingdom, encounter brand new princesses, characters and foes as you battle your way through unique temples and an overworld filled with danger!

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (NIS America) - €39.99/£34.99
On a normal, uneventful day, a bell suddenly rings with an eerie sound. The sound led 18 Persona-users to a certain school. There, they were greeted by a never-ending festival... In the midst of the students enjoying the festival were Shadows, creatures which feed upon people's psyches. And there seems to be no exit from the school... The trapped Persona-users meet Zen and Rei, students who have lost their memories. As they decide to work together to escape this world, a mysterious figure lurks... The casts of Persona 3 and Persona 4 have transcended time and space to meet. Can they solve the mysteries of this world and return to their own...?

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Ancient One of the Sun (Atlus, Add-On Content) - €0.99/£0.75
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Eternal Youth (Atlus, Add-On Content) - €1.79/£1.49

Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.49
Commander! Are you ready to lead your people against The Empire!? Castle Conqueror EX is a real-time strategy game for casual gamers. Players can play as 1 of 4 heroes in the EX version of the Nintendo DSiWare hit Castle Conqueror. Your mission is to lead your soldiers into battle, seize the enemy's castle, and gain victories until The Empire is banished from your land.

Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (Sanuk Games) - €4.99/£4.49
Don't get lost in translation when you travel! This phrasebook covers most situations you may encounter, with 780 useful expressions in 7 languages, organized in 53 categories. Translate from any language to any other among English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch! Get both the spelling and the pronunciation right, as everything is written and spoken! This application is offline: it does not require network access.

My First Songs (Ringzero Game) - €4.99/£4.49
Feel the beat and sing aloud! Introduce your toddler and pre-schooler to the world of rhythm and music games! My First Songs combines 15 all-time favourite children songs in newly composed versions together with lively adorable 3D animations.

Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (Nintendo, GBC VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Journey to Johto for a different kind of Pokémon challenge, as you put your puzzling skills to the test against the toughest gym leaders! Classic Pokémon like Pikachu, Chikorita, Totodile and Pichu will help you take on challengers and rival Pokémon. Use your lightning-fast reflexes to clear blocks and form chains and combos to rack up huge scores. Choose from six thrilling modes including Marathon, Challenge, Time Zone, Line Clear, Puzzle and the gripping Garbage! mode as you try to hang on for big points while blocks rain down.

Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey Demo (Cypronia) - Free
Help Jennifer, a young marine biologist, win the Best Aquarium Award. Dive to the bottom of the sea and find various hidden items in numerous eye-teasing locations. Get cash for them to buy cute sea creatures and beautiful ornaments to create three unique aquariums. Choose from tons of accessories and supplies to make the life of your exotic swimming pets fun and comfortable. Become a genuine aquarist, polish your design skills and win trophies in this dazzling hidden object spin-off of the original Fishdom.

Survivor - Heroes Demo (Bigben Interactive) - Free
The Survivor adventure just like you were there! Customize your hero, explore the island to gather precious resources and manage your energy levels, tribe camp and popularity. Take on the opposing tribe in the famous immunity challenges and win the great Survivor adventure!

Pikmin Working Together (Nintendo, Theme) - €1.99/£1.79
The Pikmin are working together carrying fruits to gentle music. But, what's that Bulborb doing on the right?

Pikmin and a Hungry Bulborb (Nintendo, Theme) - €1.99/£1.79
A hungry Bulborb has its eyes on that line of marching Pikmin. Scroll the Touch Screen to see it licking its greedy lips.

Spotlight: Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games, Theme) - €1.99/£1.79
This theme's ALL about Shovel Knight. The icons are dirt, and the folders are chests. This is for fans of the Blue Burrower!

Special offers
Farming Simulator 14 (Focus Home Interactive) - €19.99/£12.99 (Ends Dec. 11, regular pice €29.99/£19.99)
The Keep (Cinemax) - €5.99/£5.49 (Ends Dec. 11, regular price €9.99/£8.99)

Hello everyone, please help!

Do we have a Wii U official thread?

Question: I plan on buying a Wii U soon in Asia. If I play online, will I be stuck with Asian players only? (With the same console area or selected by ip)

This is not a thing. It's not how internet works. Online multiplayer is determined by the game.

RiggyRob

Breath of Fire? Coool. How does it match up to Chrono Trigger? That's the only fantasy RPG on the SNES I've played, can't compare it to Terranigma/Secret of Mana.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What's with Penguins of Madagascar game? A stealth platformer and looking quite nice? Nintendo exclusive and a stealth launch.

sörine

Banned
State of the Farm?
Clever.

More Lufia and Harvest Moon, please.
FOMT/MFOMT are a given I think but Atlus published the GBA Lufia so we won't see that from Natsume. It sucked anyway though, Neverland didn't make it.

I hope Natsume yet works out a deal with SE for Lufia II on SNES though. And Pocky & Rocky 1-2 while they're at it.

terrisus

sörine;140178004 said:
FOMT/MFOMT are a given I think

Huzzah!

sörine;140178004 said:
but Atlus published the GBA Lufia so we won't see that from Natsume.

Yeah, I know, but still...

sörine;140178004 said:
It sucked anyway though

Wait...
Those are fighting words!

Sure, it's nowhere remotely as good as the first two (but then, almost no games are), and it didn't have much of anything to do with the story of the series, but it was still a fun game.
And better than The Legend Returns

sörine;140178004 said:
Neverland didn't make it.

Of course, Neverland made Curse of the Sinistrals, and that's an absolutely terrible game >.>

sörine;140178004 said:
I hope Natsume yet works out a deal with SE for Lufia II on SNES though.

That's what I'm really hoping for out of them.
That's an absolutely amazing game.

sörine;140178004 said:
And Pocky & Rocky 1-2 while they're at it.

That would be nifty too.

SerTapTap

Wait, you're still using Cerberus? No wonder you don't like tagging. Cerberus only has 3 tags while, while Naga has 5, Orochi 8 and Vasuki 4. You can only tag an enemy 3 times, but the more tags a gun allows, the more enemies or enemy parts you can tag at the same time, and the more tags you put on an enemy, the more damage your attacks do. Vasuki is great with this since it automatically tags enemies that you're not even hitting as long as your shots hit an enemy, although it can be kinda tricky to use against certain bosses that require that you only attack a certain point, like the pole-dancing ladies. You probably already know, but most guns have auto-fire, so you can just keep the Y button pressed and tag away (I've seen a lot of people online who found out about this really late).

There's an unlockable gun called Dullahan that has no tagging capabilities and does much more damage than regular guns, which makes the game play more similarly to Mega Man X / Zero. You'll probably like that gun, although you have to beat the game with the good ending in order to unlock it.

I tried the other ones, but semiauto firing was not worth >3 tags since normal enemies die fast enough to 3 tags and I mostly want firepower for bosses. Do "most" guns really have automatic? It seemed like everything but cerberus was semiauto.

Any tips on loadout for getting S rank missions? Is it all about never dropping the kudos (or whatever) chain? I can't even get an S rank on that "kill the tank" mission because I can't dodge the first missle volley.

That high damage no tag gun does sound interesting, though the beam saber is easily my fav part of the MMX/Z/ZX franchise.

Top Bottom