• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

TheMoon

Breath of Fire? Coool. How does it match up to Chrono Trigger? That's the only fantasy RPG on the SNES I've played, can't compare it to Terranigma/Secret of Mana.

The latter two are completely different games anyway. No point in comparing.

jmizzal

Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/eXQrNvnGzSSV9pJFgpoKx5abDK2XKTjj

Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals are coming!
The Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals will bring you some great prices on great games from Thursday, November 27 at 9 am PT to Tuesday December 2 at 8:59 am PT. Save up to 30% on the following titles:

Nintendo 3DS:

Mario & Luigi™: Dream Team
Luigi’s Masion™: Dark Moon
Wario Land™ 2
Wario Land™ 3
Metroid™ II-Return of Samus™
Wii U:

The Wonderful 101™
Wii Party™ U
Mario & Luigi™: Superstar Saga
Wario Land™ 4
Metroid™ Fusion

Plus, don't forget to check out some of the other great titles on sale! Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under Price Drops to find out more about these great deals!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YES, Nintendo doing sales! Hoping Superstar Saga & Wario Land 3 decent price since I wouldn't mind another copy.

Though strange Wario Land 2 through 4 are discounted, but not the original.

rjc571

Banned

The Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals will bring you some great prices on great games from Thursday, November 27 at 9 am PT to Tuesday December 2 at 8:59 am PT. Save up to 30% on the following titles:

Nintendo 3DS:

Wario Land™ 2
Wario Land™ 3
Wii U:

The Wonderful 101™
Wii Party™ U
Wario Land™ 4
Metroid™ Fusion

Plus, don't forget to check out some of the other great titles on sale! Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under Price Drops to find out more about these great deals!

Cool, I'll probably cop Mario & Luigi

steveovig

Just to confirm, I can buy eShop stuff from my PC now, right? My 3DS battery is crapped but I'd like to buy Wario Land 2 and 3.

Refyref

Just to confirm, I can buy eShop stuff from my PC now, right? My 3DS battery is crapped but I'd like to buy Wario Land 2 and 3.

Sale doesn't start till the 27th, but you should be able to buy them from Nintendo.com, at least most of them, not all the VC games have the option. No idea if sales prices are applied through there, though.

terrisus

Nintendo 3DS:

Wario Land™ 2
Wario Land™ 3

Wii U:

But I own all of those already...

Wii U:

Wario Land™ 4
Metroid™ Fusion

And I have the 3DS Ambassador versions of those already...

Wii U:

The Wonderful 101™

And I don't want that...

Wii U:

Wii Party™ U

Which leaves that...
Which I suppose I would take for free (used my free game from Mario Kart 8 on WarioWare), but still not really enticing to spend money on.

/complaining about already owning most everything already >.>

TheMoon

But I own all of those already...

And I have the 3DS Ambassador versions of those already...

And I don't want that...

Which leaves that...
Which I suppose I would take for free (used my free game from Mario Kart 8 on WarioWare), but still not really enticing to spend money on.

/complaining about already owning most everything already >.>

M&L is not an ambassador game. You don't own that one. Plus Wii U VC versions are superior.

terrisus

M&L is not an ambassador game. You don't own that one. Plus Wii U VC versions are superior.

Accidentally included that on two lists.
Had it in the "Already own" list as well, which is the one it should be on.

And, be that as it may, I prefer the full portability of the 3DS, to the "handheld, but not fully portable" Wii U versions.

It's.. uh.. turn-based, I swear!

ohyou.jpg

Nairume

Banned
It's pretty alright, which seems to be the MO for Kemco's RPGs.

Not going to set the world on fire, but it's seeming like it's worth the investment.

terrisus

It's pretty alright, which seems to be the MO for Kemco's RPGs.

Not going to set the world on fire, but it's seeming like it's worth the investment.

Yeah, as long as there's nothing glaringly wrong/problematic with it, I'll be picking it up when I have a chance.
I love turn-based JRPGs, and I'm perfectly fine with "pretty alright" ones.

wilflare

Nintendo 3DS:

Wario Land™ 2
Wario Land™ 3
Wii U:

The Wonderful 101™
Wii Party™ U
Wario Land™ 4
Metroid™ Fusion

this is good news - been wanting to get some of the digitally
and a great chance to stock up on DDP - before it ends

At first glance from looking at a few videos Aphadia Genesis looks awful. The 2D and 3D clash really hard. And the 2D characters have this awkward walking animation where they are walking in place that looks kinda weird. Not to mention it totally exudes the look of RPG Maker. JRPG is my favorite genre but I don't think I am desperate enough to even try. Hate to judge a book by it's cover but for this one I will.

Nairume

Banned
At first glance from looking at a few videos Aphadia Genesis looks awful. The 2D and 3D clash really hard. And the 2D characters have this awkward walking animation where they are walking in place that looks kinda weird. Not to mention it totally exudes the look of RPG Maker. JRPG is my favorite genre but I don't think I am desperate enough to even try. Hate to judge a book by it's cover but for this one I will.
Yeah, no denial that the weird switch between 2D and 3D is dumb and the animations are terrible (battle animations are also pretty bad), but the game itself is otherwise fine.

SerTapTap

There's an unlockable gun called Dullahan that has no tagging capabilities and does much more damage than regular guns, which makes the game play more similarly to Mega Man X / Zero. You'll probably like that gun, although you have to beat the game with the good ending in order to unlock it.

Let me guess, all 6 gems are needed for the good ending?

Beat the game, turns out I just didn't understand how to damage the second form of the final boss...I was also expecting a third form. Most MM final bosses seem to have 3. The new gun for winning seems alright, going to try and get the good ending then do challenges.

I also didn't realize Prevasion worked even if you use a different pendant. The game could be a bit clearer about that and how each gun works (I assumed only cerberus was fully auto, some other guns are kinda auto but still fire faster if tapped instead of held)

LayLa

Natsume eShop sale has started in NA btw
Yumi's Odd Odyssey, HM Tale of Two Towns, Hometown Story, Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, Reel Fishing Paradise all $11.99 in Canadian store

GulAtiCa

I'd imagine there will be a good bit of games on sale this week. Wish Nintendo did Flash sales/etc, love to participate in something like that.

zroid

Banned
Yumi's Odd Odyssey, HM Tale of Two Towns, Hometown Story, Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, Reel Fishing Paradise all $11.99 in Canadian store

11.99 for Yumi's......... WELP

edit: they're 9.99 on the US eShop btw. fucking 20% natsume?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$12 for Yumi's Odd Odyssey is a great deal if you're into old school platformers with more emphasis on figuring out how to get to point A to B.

maxcriden

Save room on your Wii U this Thanksgiving... Paper Monsters Recut is 50% off for a limited time in North America. Sale starts on 11/27!

Celebrate with 50% off regular price in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. European versions for Wii U and Steam available for regular price.

Via: gonintendo.com

zigg

I wonder if I can really quickly get those 15%-off eShop cards from Best Buy in time for the eShop sale.

donny2112

Not as good as last year's, but this year had the Smash run-up sales, so this year is probably more robust as far as eShop sales across the year. Still hoping for some other stuff to go on sale later in the year, though. With Ittle Dew's EU release, hopefully the off-TV patch for U.S. will be coming soon, too. :)

jholmes

Can't fight Yumi's Odd Odyssey anymore now! That price is crazy.

Javier

Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Darksiders 2 are all on sale on the Wii U eShop. $9.99 instead of the usual $39.99.

Next Week's Releases
3DS
DOOORS (Fumo) - 500 yen
Derby Stallion Gold (Kadokawa) -6264 yen- December 4, 2014
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (Tecmo Koei) -5554 yen
Pac-World 2 (Bandai Namco) -5119 yen
Aikatsu! 365 Days (Bandai Namco) - 5627 yen
Attack on Titan Chain (Spike Chunsoft) -5378 yen

Wii U
Famicom Wars(NES) - 514 yen
Soccer (NES) - 514 yen
Watch_Dogs (Ubisoft) 7128 yen - December 4, 2014
Kamen Rider: SummonRide (Bandai Namco)- Only at Retail
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) 7200 yen -December 6, 2014

Glass Joe

Just a heads up, there's some pretty good Wii U sales from Nordic Games (or whoever's publishing THQ now):

Darksiders II - $9.99
Wheel of Fortune - $9.99
Jeopardy! - $9.99

I picked up DSII but am tempted at that price for Wheel of Fortune. Anyone know if it's at all serviceable? I know it's local multi-player only. But is the computer stupid or fair etc?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Speaking of this, where the fuck is Pac-Man Vs. on the Wii U? This should be the very first thing anyone ported to the hardware.

Nintendo Land is Pac-Man Vs., pretty much.

Namco couldn't even be arsed to release that Pac-Man anthology on Wii U/3DS, even after Nintendo added Pac-Man to Smash. Ain't that some bullshit.

Top Bottom