• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

Nbz

You did.

mGHim8e.jpg

Yeah! There it is. Man I hope there was a mistake in the PR, was set on buying it this Thursday

ramparter

Banned
Just saw the price on the eShop the other day, and I was like "lolwut"... Even both games on Wii U don't cost as much. Should've been 29€ tops. Or at least a special offert if you own the Wii U games (-25% if you own one, -50% if you own both for example).
LOL isn't this just the same games with less content?

edit
Really interested in the Swapper, it's a great game as far as I know and had no idea it was coming.

Robin64

So 13th, 20th or 27th for Shovel Knight.

27th would effectively put it against Smash Bros. U and Pokemon.

What's odd is that they should know which day it's coming on. You tell Nintendo when you want it out and you can even release on a day other than Thursday if you really want, you just won't be part of the eShop update.

also

Banned

What's odd is that they should know which day it's coming on. You tell Nintendo when you want it out and you can even release on a day other than Thursday if you really want, you just won't be part of the eShop update.

Maybe they want to launch the game and 3DS theme simultaneously and ran into some approval problems with the latter.

:| I knew I was right not believing in Shovel Knight.

It's like one final insult, accidentally put the wrong release date on there and go "Woops, wait some more still LOL".

Re: NES Remix - I LOVE the series on Wii U, seriously love them. But the 3DS one seems meh, missing some of the best bits of the console one. Real lazy effort, series deserved way more.

YOU TOOK OUT THE STAMPS NINTENDO, friggin heck.

Nbz

I'd wager next week is most likely. MK8 DLC seems like the 20th to me (they said late November and they don't want it in the shadow of Smash). If Yacht Club have control over which week to put it out on then the 13th is the obvious choice.

L~A

I'd wager next week is most likely. MK8 DLC seems like the 20th to me (they said late November and they don't want it in the shadow of Smash). If Yacht Club have control over which week to put it out on then the 13th is the obvious choice.

Nintendo never said "later", just "november".

Could come out this week, for all we know (it won't, no maintenance planned yet).

Nbz

Nintendo never said "later", just "november".

Could come out this week, for all we know (it won't, no maintenance planned yet).

I saw something on twitter saying that it would be late November. Could be from an unreliable source though.

EDIT:
This was the image
Mario-Kart-8.jpg

L~A

I saw something on twitter saying that it would be late November. Could be from an unreliable source though.

EDIT:
This was the image
Mario-Kart-8.jpg

Oooh, I remember that now . Looks like they edited the page, because it simply says November now and they've been saying 'November' all the time since then.

Nov. 20 or 27 it is, then.

TheMoon

So glad I pre-bought the HW and MK8 DLC. Otherwise those would eat up my eShop budget this month lol. So many games.

Robin64

Heh, yeah, having already paid for the MK8 DLC is lovely. I have like no money this month.

Same applies to Warlords of Draenor. Purchased it aaages ago.

sörine

Banned
That reminds me, why the fuck hasn't StarTropics been released on Wii U VC yet. COME OOONNNNN!!!
Wii U is still missing several Wii 1st party NES/SNES releases. In the US it's Star Tropics 1-2, NES Play Action Football, Adventures of Lolo 2, Yoshi's Cookie (now delisted), Sim City (delisted), Kirby's Avalanche, Donkey Kong Country 1-3 (delisted) and Super Mario RPG.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
sörine;137166853 said:
Wii U is still missing several Wii 1st party NES/SNES releases. In the US it's Star Tropics 1-2, NES Play Action Football, Adventures of Lolo 2, Yoshi's Cookie (now delisted), Sim City (delisted), Kirby's Avalanche, Donkey Kong Country 1-3 (delisted) and Super Mario RPG.

Didn't Europe just get DKC 1-3? It even got put back up on the Wii shop from what I've heard.

TheMoon

Didn't Europe just get DKC 1-3? It even got put back up on the Wii shop from what I've heard.

That and Europe still has SimCity on Wii VC.

Tengami is coming to EU next week. Depending on price, I might bite.

That price bite-worthy enough for ya? :D

All around good news for everyone waiting for the Wii U and desktop versions.

After being in Wii U certification for quite some time, Tengami finally got Nintendo’s seal of approval and will be released on November 13th, 2014 on the Wii U eShop. Initially it will be releases in the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Japan will get the game at a later date, because non Japanese companies cannot self-publish on the Japanese eShop.

In Europe the game page is already live on the eShop, so go ahead and add it to your wishlist. Tengami will sell for 9.99 US-$ / 7.99 EUR / 6.99 £ and equivalent. The download size is 750 MB. We added Miiverse support, as well as collectible stamps to the game. I hope to see you in Tengami’s Miiverse once it goes live and please make plenty of use of the 10 beautiful stamps. They were created by the amazing concept artist Daz Watford. Take a look at his other work on his website.

http://nyamyam.com/1660/tengamigame/tengami-wii-u-release-date

sörine

Banned
Yep and I expect it'll be the same in America soon.

I think we'll get everything back from Wii except Yoshi's Cookie, Kirby's Avalanche and Sim City probably. And that's because those games have rights held by other companies (BPS, Compile & Maxis, or today known as Tetris Online, Sega and EA).

foltzie1

sörine;137178400 said:
Yep and I expect it'll be the same in America soon.

I think we'll get everything back from Wii except Yoshi's Cookie, Kirby's Avalanche and Sim City probably. And that's because those games have rights held by other companies (BPS, Compile & Maxis, or today known as Tetris Online, Sega and EA).

I'm curious what rights EA has to the SNES SimCity other than the name. Since there is a GPL version of SimCity called Micropolis.

I'm curious what rights EA has to the SNES SimCity other than the name. Since there is a GPL version of SimCity called Micropolis.

It's mostly the name but there was probably an agreement to get that name. Presumably, EA would include a clause that prevents the resale of the game under a different name but same otherwise contents. Changing all mentions of SimCity is much harder than altering a texture or two like in for WaveRace 64. In addition, you can't really change the name of a game if you are rereleasing it in the same region.

Updated release dates
Wii U
Sportsball ($9.99) - Nov 6
Shuttle Rush($7.99) - Nov 6
SDK Paint ($2.99) - Nov 6
Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue($39.99) - Nov 11

3DS
Kemonomix+ ($4.99) - Nov 6
Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue($29.99) - Nov 11
Safari Quest ($4.99) - Nov 11
Tetris Ultimate - Nov 11

Have $6 in eShop credit, will be putting it towards my purchase of Pier Solar this week. Really looking forward to playing that, game looks really nice and I need to put more JRPG experience under my belt.

Might as well post here that the 2nd batch of Sega 3D Classics will hit the US starting in "early 2015", starting with 3D After Burner II.

Cannot wait to get 3D Outrun & the Fantazy Zone games.

YES! Finally. All great titles, FZ 1&2 will both be insta-buys. I've been waiting for Fantasy Zone ever since the Sega 3D Classics line was first announced. I just hope "early 2015" ends up being January, why have they been taking so long with the second wave? By that time FZ1 3D will be about a year old if I'm not mistaken.

foltzie1

It's mostly the name but there was probably an agreement to get that name. Presumably, EA would include a clause that prevents the resale of the game under a different name but same otherwise contents. Changing all mentions of SimCity is much harder than altering a texture or two like in for WaveRace 64. In addition, you can't really change the name of a game if you are rereleasing it in the same region.

The original agreement was with Maxis or Inforgames, but one could assume that this is another victim of the "unprecedented partnership" with EA. Even if it is just the name, it may be enough to make it not worth the effort.

terrisus

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's all of the SNES ones up. I don't think we're due anymore Mega Man games on VC at all now, unless they give us Rockman and Forte in some Japanese celebration thing.
Battle Network 2-3 and Zero 1-2 (and possibly beyond) are still coming. Unless you only meant the original series.

I'm eyeing Demon's Crest and have never played it. I want to try new VC games since I already have the mainstays or plan on picking them up.

Preferably SNES games as I'm more familiar with the system than NES.

jholmes

I'm eyeing Demon's Crest and have never played it. I want to try new VC games since I already have the mainstays or plan on picking them up.

Preferably SNES games as I'm more familiar with the system than NES.

I like it. The only real knock on it is that there's no battery save, but you can do like me and just make save states when you generate a new password.

Top Bottom