• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

tolkir

Paper Monsters Recut next week in Europe

B1mczcrIYAI-0ep.jpg

TheMoon

sörine;137359177 said:
The entire trilogy should be on VC. Illusion of Gaia at least was probably in the works at one point since title data was found in the Wii VC emulator code.

Wow, did not know that. This hurts.

GulAtiCa

sörine;137359177 said:
The entire trilogy should be on VC. Illusion of Gaia at least was probably in the works at one point since title data was found in the Wii VC emulator code.

I feel sad now. :(

jnWake

Thanks for all the Castlevania replies! I guess I'll try Castlevania IV first and if I like it I'll try the NES ones (I and III). I'll also check out the GBA ones!

terrisus

New thread for every weekly download PR may just give more visibility to the release slate each week, too. *shrugs*

A bit more work to keep up with, but I think this is probably the best idea.

At least we're getting the GBC one this month

Is that this month?

It's not anywhere near as good as the two SNES ones (and, even though its story is more related, I don't think as good as the GBA one either), but it's still a decent game.
I'll definitely be getting it.

sörine

Banned
Is that this month?

It's not anywhere near as good as the two SNES ones (and, even though its story is more related, I don't think as good as the GBA one either), but it's still a decent game.
I'll definitely be getting it.
Natsume said they're interested in Lufia II as well since they did the original localization. They won't do the first Lufia though since they had no involvement with it.

I personally hope they work out a deal for the Pocky & Rocky games.

terrisus

sörine;137380552 said:
Natsume said they're interested in Lufia II as well since they did the original localization. They won't do the first Lufia though since they had no involvement with it.

I personally hope they work out a deal for the Pocky & Rocky games.

Yeah, I know we would have to rely on Taito for Fortress of Doom (and Ruins of Lore), and, with them being part of Square-Enix now, that's probably not going to happen.
Alas.

I would definitely be thrilled with Rise of the Sinistrals though.

GulAtiCa

donny2112

A bit more work to keep up with, but I think this is probably the best idea.

Well, I'm not into more work, so I hope this thread will still be the one-stop-shop for all the updates. :p Someone can just make the thread for the regular Gaming forum each week from the PR with the fancy formatting from this thread. :)

maxcriden

So now we have a new thread in Gaming for each weekly PR? Huh, weird.

We do?

ETA:

Well, I'm not into more work, so I hope this thread will still be the one-stop-shop for all the updates. :p Someone can just make the thread for the regular Gaming forum each week from the PR with the fancy formatting from this thread. :)

Reading through the last couple pages, it appears there won't be a weekly thread, but rather the PR will continue to be discussed here, and any notable releases would get their own threads (if I understood correctly).

Next Week's Japan Releases
3DS
Kumamon Footprint Reversi (Silver Star Japan)- 200 yen
3 Junior Education apps (Ai Yi Institute) - 3800 yen each
Madokaashi Aim! Nation's Strongest Runner (MTO) - 4937 yen -Note: Releases on November 13
One Piece: Super Gand Battle X (Bandai Namco) -6145 yen -Note: Releases on November 13
Wii U
Crash N' The Boys: Street Challenge (Arc System Works) - 514 yen
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Capcom) - 702 yen
Captain Toad (Nintendo) - 3700 yen -Note: Releases on November 13

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Beyond my normal purchases for the year that are locked in (Captain Toad, SSB Wii U) I'm going to reserve 150-200 dollars just to go crazy with eshop and VC games, especially those from companies that don't normally have sales just to get some last minute benefit from the DDP program. I'm not going to buy anything I wouldn't ever consider buying just to hit some arbitrary spending goal either but I will go slightly outside my comfort zone. I'm looking to dramatically curb game spending next year anyways so this will be a sort of last hurrah/buffing up the backlog. Should be fun.

donny2112

Beyond my normal purchases for the year that are locked in (Captain Toad, SSB Wii U) I'm going to reserve 150-200 dollars just to go crazy with eshop and VC games, especially those from companies that don't normally have sales just to get some last minute benefit from the DDP program. I'm not going to buy anything I wouldn't ever consider buying just to hit some arbitrary spending goal either but I will go slightly outside my comfort zone. I'm looking to dramatically curb game spending next year anyways so this will be a sort of last hurrah/buffing up the backlog. Should be fun.

Other than the curbing of spending next year part, the same. I'm not planning on going heavy next year or something, just normal. EOY for DDP is going to be quite a thing. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I say I'm going to curb it but...

Wii U has about 5 games I want retail plus who knows how many VC and eshop titles.

3DS has far fewer with confirmed dates but who knows when it is all said and done, probably looking at 10 titles here.

Plus Vita and very likely a PS4 at the end of the year. I'm weak! Thankfully this is practically my only hobby that costs money.

Robin64

I uhh think we have a new contender for worst eShop game yet! A horrible flappy bird game that makes the original Flappy Bird look like an AAA game. Apparently it doesn't even have high scores. Oh, and it's not $0.99, or even edgy $1.99. It's $4.99!

Mother of god....

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Put me in the camp of hating moving stuff to Community. You'll get like 50% less traffic if not more for threads like this or the screenshot thread. Totally blows IMO.

Chrom

So maybe we can have now Aostia's thread about indie games reopened or recreated in the Community?

Chiming in to say that I like this idea. I think GAF's new approach to how threads can be indexed on Gaming and Gaming Community can allow for this.

sörine

Banned
Yeah, I know we would have to rely on Taito for Fortress of Doom (and Ruins of Lore), and, with them being part of Square-Enix now, that's probably not going to happen.
Alas.

I would definitely be thrilled with Rise of the Sinistrals though.
Never say never. Square Enix actually went through the trouble of getting Lufia 1 a new esrb rating for Wii a couple years back so they're at least aware of it.

Now if only we could get SE on Virtual Console at all now.

TheMoon

sörine;137454877 said:
Never say never. Square Enix actually went through the trouble of getting Lufia 1 a new esrb rating for Wii a couple years back so they're at least aware of it.

That would be sooooo good. How do they not see the money in this. Especially since they're already supporting VC in Japan.

terrisus

sörine;137454877 said:

Probably just some kind of joke to go along with the mangling that was Curse of the Sinistrals. >.>

TheMoon

Sounds really complicated, unless you have an idea of how to streamline it. I'm for voting, I just wouldn't know how to organize something like that.

I'd suggest forgoing unnecessary restrictions like "top 20" and just going with recommendations separated into categories (action, rpg, strategy, platformer, weird, other)

Top Bottom