• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening at the moment but it says it's from that Geno guy so it's probably BS. Here's a a linked google doc from the video.

Certainly reads like Grade A BS.

Spawn Wave the dude in the video underestimates the patiences on a troll to write 5 pages of text but my insomnia fuzzed brain loved the read

Lmao I stopped reading at "Super Mario Switcharoo".

That's not the best part he has names for every damn game lol I loved Splatoon ReFresh and as a Xenoblade X junkie I would love 'Aftermath lol'

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Someone on Reddit posted a huge wall of text leaking the line up on Nintendo Switch,
I have insomnia so I read the whole thing mirror of it https://docs.google.com/document/d/...qdJghIEk4mg/edit?pageId=106616208938932224254

Not saying it is real just found it really impressive if true

I got to try and sleep been fighting sleep too long 5AM here

"Leak" by Geno
Super Mario Switcharoo
Super Smash Bros. Fusion

Well, it didn't take that long to see it's fake, after all.

SCChappy

Banned
The next Batman won't be called Arkham but even besides that its total BS

Switcharoo is entirely what it'll be called though lol

Richie

I haven't even gotten to the games yet 2 pages in this reeks of major BS solely because how the hell is the writer privy to so much info operating across so many different divisions of Nintendo? It's hilarious fanfiction is what it is.

Roo

Mario Kart Complete Circuit
Splatoon ReFresh
Pokken Tournament Evolution
Xenoblade Chronicles X Aftermath
Super Smash Bros Fusion
Super Mario Switcharoo
Pikmin Wars

Holy fuck those names
WCjDZF3.gif

the most impressive part of that whole text dump to me is EA going from bailing out on Wii U early to making a whole new "EA Sports Anywhere" line up. Come on guys who is this Geno guy?

That is some impressive stuff to make up seriously.

But the way the news cycle has been going for the hardware, If we are discussing Switch I feel that Nintendo would really have to hit software hard to make it worth it for many gamers.

LordKano

Can't wait for Pikmin Wars, a gritty reboot of the serie where you're in the middle of WWII as Olimar, trying to sabotage Nazi tanks with rock pikmins.

Philippo

No way that list is real.
Insanely detailed, sure, but it wouldn't be the forst time someone passes fanfiction as leaks (Verendus anyone?).
Does this guy have any credibility?

Zoon

I feel bad for the guy who wasted his time to type all of this. Just by the fact that he wasted his time to type this, it screams fake.

Oregano

The thing is you could make up a BS list that's miles more believable that that. Just take the Musou Stars section.

"They will also bring a unique version of Musou Stars called "Musou Stars + Zelda Warriors" which is Musou Stars will all the characters from Hyrule Warriors as an exclusive to the Nintendo Switch."

If you left that as Musou Stars with exclusive playable Link using his Hyrule Warriors moveset that's way, way more believable.

SMattera

A Nintendo-exclusive Overwatch character sounds totally bogus.

Even if they figured out how to port the game with acceptable graphics, I highly doubt they would bother to maintain a totally different balance setup for a single console version of the game, which likely won't even be that popular (relative to the other versions).

I would've believed Nintendo-themed-exclusive skins, maybe.

Delio

A Nintendo-exclusive Overwatch character sounds totally bogus.

Even if they figured out how to port the game with acceptable graphics, I highly doubt they would bother to maintain a totally different balance setup for a single console version of the game, which likely won't even be that popular (relative to the other versions).

I would've believed Nintendo-themed-exclusive skins, maybe.

Yeah that was a pretty big slip up. Skins would work but yeah a character? nope.

Thinking a lot and I am all in on this console. I just don't have te time to game anymore. To sit down in front of a tv and try to get some time in. This is the perfect console for me. Throw it on the dock when I have time and want that big screen experience. Take it with me on the go any other time. Just confirm acceptable ports and experiences from a tech perspective on the 12 and we are good.

hopefully there are enough gamers like you out there willing to take the trade offs while consoles are moving to 4K, Nintendo is allowing it's portable to catch up with Wii U in terms of graphics

I am all in for my Nintendo favorites but I really worry about this one, hopefully Pokemon Stars is a real thing they really need 1 huge game that helps sell the hardware

That's a nice way of waking up. Had some good laughs out of that list!

I can't stop hearing Mario's VA saying Mario SwitcharrooooooooOOOoou

I would die laughing if on the 12th if we got that exact title for the game

I need sleep hopefully Laura tweets about this list when I wake up

marmoka

Banned
Those leaks are too good to be real. It cannot be happening.

I think it's fake.

If true, please somebody kill that 3D Mario game name with fire. Switchaboo? WTF??

Those leaks are too good to be real. It cannot be happening.

I think it's fake.

If true, please somebody kill that 3D Mario game name with fire. Switchaboo? WTF??

Was SUNSHINE okay back then?

I don't think we had hate for "Shine GET"
New Mario loves gimmicks I really fear the worst when names come out

Isn't this guy taking it too seriously ?
Backfire...

His channel is kinda new he is a tech guy mostly he does not really know which sources are reliable to report on but the list is just amazing I don't blame him I loved reading it

Waji

Was SUNSHINE okay back then?

I don't think we had hate for "Shine GET"
New Mario loves gimmicks I really fear the worst when names come out

His channel is kinda new he is a tech guy mostly he does not really know which sources are reliable to report on but the list is just amazing I don't blame him I loved reading it
I know, that's also why I was saying that.
Since he could be trusted when it comes to tech stuff, people might take him seriously on this too. Anyway, if we could survive the clock speed nonsense, we can survive fake leaks.

Mithos

Gold Member
That's some powe user shit. Not happening in Nintendo's vision.

Then there is no portable mode in Nintendo vision for me, and the Switch will be superglued to the dock.
Hopefully some thirdparty can make some USB-C plug that fools the Switch that it's still in the dock.

Yado

Isn't this guy taking it too seriously ?
Backfire...

He seems aware that it's nonsense

Pinned by Spawn Wave
I want to reiterate about this line up. I would not give it too much credibility as the original post was taken down after bringing the posters credibility up to the mods. Not letting Geno off the hook though since now all records of their "leak" is now gone...well except for this video. We'll see how right they are come Jan 12.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Let's switch (eheh!) from something not that good for our brains to something quite tasty for our ears and souls, shall we?

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...mances-held-nintendo-switch-experience-japan/

Nintendo Special Rock Band

Performance #1 – Opening (January 14th): 10.30AM to 11AM
Performance #2 – Ending (January 14th): 4.20PM to 5PM
Performance #3 – Opening (January 15th): 10.30AM to 11AM
Nintendo Special Big Band

Performance #1 – Ending (January 15th): 4PM to 5PM

Nintendo Special Big Band

Bass & Keyboard: SASAJI Masanori
Bass: KAWASAKI Teppei
Drums: OOTSUKI “Kalta” Hidenori
Guitar: HIJIKATA Takayuki
Percussion: Carlos KANNO
Trumpet: Eric MIYASHIRO
Trumpet: NISHIMURA Kouji
Trumpet: OKUMURA Akira
Trumpet: NIIDA Hitomi
Trombone: NAKAGAWA Eijirou
Trombone: MURATA Youichi
Trombone: HANDA Nobuhide
Bass Trombone: NONOSHITA Kouichi
Alto Sax: KONDOU Kazuhiko
Alto Sax: TERACHI Miho
Tenor Sax: IHARA Ryouji
Tenor Sax: TAKENO Masakuni
Baritone Sax: YAMAMOTO Takuo
Nintendo Special Rock Band

Arrange: OOYAMA Tetsuya
Drums:KADO Shuntarou
Bass: TABOKUN
Guitar: Koei”CO-K”Takafumi
Guitar: AYUMU
Keyboard: ODA Tomomi

Basically, an update on the Bands playing during the Japanese hands-on event.

I just search 'Switcharoo' on Twitter

that word is pretty popular with young people, even found a Rapper named Switcharoo lol

it's not looking good guys

Waji

When I see stuff like :
They will also work with Nintendo to release a series of high quality Final Fantasy Amiibo figures throughout 2017 that will work with Dissida Versus and future Square Enix games as part of their Final Fantasy Anniversary Celebration.
I could se it happenning and be a good idea for both Nintendo and SE.
I wouldn't be interested that much since I lost interest in this series during the PS2 gen, but I could see that work well.
Still it doesn't seem possible for some reason. Hope I'm wrong for the Switch's sake.

He seems aware that it's nonsense
Still reading "Super Mario Switcharoo" quite seriously.
I'm not Enlish native speaker and I couldn't.

But I'm aware of the fact he considers the fake.
I'm talking about how he looks, more than anything.
Since he looks serious and believable, it makes it "more important" than it would be from someone else.
Hope you see what I mean.

I'm talking about how he looks, more tan anything.
Since he looks serious and believable, it makes it "more important" than it would be from someone else.

I like him because he is often serious in all his videos he is never super animated like most youtubers

Yado

I'm talking about how he looks, more tan anything.

lol, I see what you mean. At least he doesn't seem excited about it.

I don't think that list is that impressive but that's just my personal tastes. Overwatch and Ghost Recon are the only two games I see there that would appeal to me.

Waji

lol, I see what you mean. At least he doesn't seem excited about it.

I don't think that list is that impressive but that's just my personal tastes. Overwatch and Ghost Recon are the only two games I see there that would appeal to me.
I'm also not impressed by the games. But I think some ideas are good.

Ultimately what's important is the quality of games coming in the future.

jonno394

So the word doc says Splatoon and Mario are the only titles at launch from Nintendo. I don't buy it based on that alone, haven't got any further yet.

edit - Disney TsumTsum by Good feel and Metroid by Vanilaware :lol:

Waji

it's not the games that are impressive, it is the names the dude comes up with that are totally bonkers and some of them are right up NOA's alley
Since we're expecting a 3D mario game, someone may have just written the "aroo" part after "Switch" for fun.
But it would mean whoever did that, didn't want the leak to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom