• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

Man, so far there's nothing for me during launch other than Splatoon.

I'm most definitely picking it up the month Pokémon Stars releases. I can't wait to play that game, and I'm just killing time with Pokémon Go.

I also would like an Animal Crossing game but I'm honestly happy enough with a mobile game coming this March. And then just some Wii Bowling port and I'll be happy.

These are what I want the most.

There's nothing for me in the entire launch window aside from Pikmin and Mario. Even the GC was more appealing in its first year than the switch seems to be.

Pachimari

There's nothing for me in the entire launch window aside from Pikmin and Mario. Even the GC was more appealing in its first year than the switch seems to be.
Let's wait with judging their launch line-up until we know it.

Zelda just won't cut it for me. Not even sure I'll buy it. A Pikmin 4 with pointer controls would be cool.

cyba89

People getting disappointed about the presentation even before the presentation happened.

You all should really just wait the nine days. We waited the last two years for infos so this isn't too hard.

The salt in that Beyond Good and Evil thread is hilarious.

It isn't as bad as the Bayonetta thread, but its still funny nonetheless.

I find it weird that it's funny..... but maybe it's more about the plastic you like.

When Tombraider was announced as exclusive for Xbone alot of people weren't happy. People wanted the game on their console. Nothing wrong with that.

Good job for MS securing such an exclusive and honest tears from people who don't want to invest in another piece of plastic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can I have a link to the Switch release schedule as people seem to know everything that's coming for it this year?

How cool would it be though if Rayman Legends got new levels... Nintendo themed levels? That would be awesome.

I'm all for it. Rayman Legends is one of my favorite games the past 5 years. Put it on Switch, with dual control options for the much debated Murphy levels, a few extras bells and whistles, release at $20. I'd drop my Wii U copy in a heartbeat.

Either way youre going to have to invest in a card. I say buy it and get it over with. People who had a couple games digitally installed and then bought Xenoblad X physically experienced this on the premium Wii U.

Nothing personal, but that sounds like a terrible idea to me. I'd much rather wait and know that I've invested in the best solution based on my current needs. The Switch isn't out until March so Micro SD cards will only get cheaper between now and then. I have no use for one until then.

J@hranimo

Banned
Can I have a link to the Switch release schedule as people seem to know everything that's coming for it this year?

We don't have one, people are just speculating based on what LKD has stated.

Also, being a Nintendo fan who isn't interested in the next releases for two of some of their biggest series (Mario and Zelda) is really something in 2017.

Thinking on Mario again, I think Mario could drop in May. 2 months spaced out from each other, that can work.

People getting disappointed about the presentation even before the presentation happened.

You all should really just wait the nine days. We waited the last two years for infos so this isn't too hard.

Much better this way than getting your hopes up.

They already showed the 4 big titles that we will see more of (zelda, spla2n, mk8.5, mario). With maybe one more minor title if you believe the leakers.

People will be dissapointed because they now think there will be lots more than that. And yeah they dream of every 3rd party game showing up and none will come.

Better going in with realistic expectations.

LordKano

Much better this way than getting your hopes up.

They already showed the 4 big titles that we will see more of (zelda, spla2n, mk8.5, mario). With maybe one more minor title if you believe the leakers.

People will be dissapointed because they now think there will be lots more than that. And yeah they dream of every 3rd party game showing up and none will come.

Better going in with realistic expectations.

Ridiculous. Please spread your stupid negativity elsewhere.

Nothing personal, but that sounds like a terrible idea to me. I'd much rather wait and know that I've invested in the best solution based on my current needs. The Switch isn't out until March so Micro SD cards will only get cheaper between now and then. I have no use for one until then.
Oh Im just saying when you get one. Dont have to buy one, I just believe the investment of an SD card with this system may be inevitable. Im also forgetting that carts dont need to install like discs soo.. but who knows how much a patch may be like XCX.

Yeah idk about the prices of SD Cards going down between then and now. I say just watch amazon and catch a good sale.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wait did that dude do another switchmas video yesterday? I thought he was supposed to.

He did one about Voice Chat. Nothing too revelatory, just saying it supports Voice Chat.

Honestly, all of his rumored info is pretty straightforward. Vague enough that if it happens, it's kind of expected instead of "no way!" in a sense. It's not about just Voice Chat, it's how its implemented throughout the OS ecosystem.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not negative. I think a launch with MK, Zelda and Spla2n is very solid but since people already know those are coming they'll be dissapointed. That's just how it is.

You'll see.

I doubt we'll get Mario Kart at launch. For me personally, I'm not in solely for the new announcements, but rather to actually see the gameplay footage of these rumored games we've heard of so far. Though I actually like leaks as long as they don't spoil story.

Baleoce

I'm not negative. I think a launch with MK, Zelda and Spla2n is very solid but since people already know those are coming they'll be dissapointed. That's just how it is.

You'll see.

I seem to recall a Nintendo Direct that was leaked a good while back that essentially had tons of new content and announcements, but because it was practically all leaked beforehand the general perception on here was that the contents of the video were disappointing.

BY2K

Membero Americo

You'll see.

I hate this so much.

"Why are you telling us things we already knew, Nintendo?"

GUESS WHAT, WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW.

LKD has it down as first 6 months. Splatoon's the port at launch.

LKD also had Mario at launch and Zelda in summer. Just saying.

I refuse to believe that Splatoon is a port, the small footage we saw was all new stuff with different assets they had enough time to build on the foundation. Mabye that's just me hoping it won't be :).

With MK8 they showed an old track making it clear it's a port.

So MK stays as the only port.

I hate this so much.

Exactly. We will see a lot "that's it?".

Shahadan

I hate this so much.

It never fails to happen. Also people screaming for whoever is talking for more than 5 seconds to shut the fuck up and show some games.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, let's update this prediction list.

Launch: Zelda, Mario 3d, Splatoon bundled, Skyrim, NBA 2K, Fifa, Just Dance, Lego Works, indies

April: Some 1st party new IP on the cheaper side (maybe Mario Sports Superstar), Yooka-Laylee, Lego City Undercover, Tekken 7, indies

May: Mario Kart 8.5, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Guardians of the Galaxy

June: Xenoblade XX, Rayman Legends

July: Pikmin 4

August: Super Mario Maker, Ever Oasis

September: Rabbids Kingdom Battle

October: SSB, Project Sonic

November: Pokemon Stars

Launch: Zelda, Mario 3d, Splatoon bundled, Skyrim, NBA 2K, Fifa, Just Dance, Lego Works, indies

April: Some 1st party new IP on the cheaper side (maybe Mario Sports Superstar), Yooka-Laylee, Lego City Undercover, Tekken 7, indies

May: Mario Kart 8.5, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Guardians of the Galaxy

This sounds great and feasible. Hopefully one more big November game though. Maybe Retro's title?

Yep I think it's (actually) time for me to leave. LKD can't seem to stick to her words so I guess I can't browse GAF until the 12th. Just hope we don't have another Microsoft E3 2016 scenario where the entire thing is leaked and nobody does anything to stop it being posted all over the presentation thread.
What else is new? She's a liar and continues to leak even though she said she's done. This speaks about her character. Emily has been pretty quiet like she said she would be.

fossi8

Expecting (or hoping) for launch:

Mario New Game
Zelda BOTW
Mario Kart 8.5
Skyrim Trilogy

For me looks pretty strong, at least this will keep me busy for the first semester of CY17.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

As someone who bought a WiiU on launch (and a Wii, and a Gamecube, etc...) that's a terribly disappointing list. Holy shit.

I'm really hoping either Mario really delivers, and we get a surprise big-budget IP release, too.

For someone without a WiiU, it's solid. But my thinking is that if the game didn't get people to buy a WiiU, why will it get them to buy a Switch?

I honest to goodness can't understand how anyone could be excited for ANOTHER port of Skyrim. That will likely run more poorly than it does on systems already released.

I hate this so much.

Man... Why don't they just cancel the whole event on the 12th because LKD leaked most of the details already? Hell, just release the Switch tomorrow because we know everything anyway. Why make people wait? They won't be excited now, not at all... Nintendo can just save all of that marketing money and use it to bring back Bubsy, free for every Switch owner. That's how things work right?

Neoxon

I'd move 3D Mario to at least summer. As mentioned before, while it would be awesome to have it at launch, it'd kinda be overkill at this point. Zelda & Splatoon already have things covered on Day 1.

As someone who bought a WiiU on launch (and a Wii, and a Gamecube, etc...) that's a terribly disappointing list. Holy shit.

I'm really hoping either Mario really delivers, and we get a surprise big-budget IP release, too.

I genuinely question the taste (or memory) of someone who thinks Wii U had a better first nine months than this. I mean, you could remove every Wii U port (including Zelda!) and it's still a more solid lineup.

Pachimari

Also, being a Nintendo fan who isn't interested in the next releases for two of some of their biggest series (Mario and Zelda) is really something in 2017.
I can't talk for others, but BotW and a 3D Mario wouldn't excite me. I'm no Nintendo fan though, I'm rather a fan of games in general. I haven't had the interest in completing any Zelda, the closest I came was Ocarina of Time 3D. And I couldn't get into Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D Land, 3D World or NSMBU, so based on this, my excitement is low.

That's not to say that other Nintendo franchises can entice me. I'm very much loving Animal Crossing, Wii Bowling, Pokémon and Splatoon.

I actually think I would buy a rerelease of Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 too, as I didn't spend enough time on them when I had my Wii U.

Shahadan

What else is new? She's a liar and continues to leak even though she said she's done. This speaks about her character. Emily has been pretty quiet like she said she would be.

She's not a liar she's just a mess of stress and conflicting emotions as evidenced by her twitter and her videos.
Same result though.

I hope there'll be some stuff she didn't know about at least.

Oersted

I hate this so much.

Lets not try to make these kind of people relevant, they are mostly trolls anyway.

Thats a allaround weird statement to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom