• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

18-Volt

Is this it for Ubisoft? Those guys support Nintendo hw launches the best, I refuse to believe that only thing they have is Rayman Legends. Hopefully Laura's sources in Ubisoft will leak more, I want South Park and For Honor on this thing.

Btw, Rayman Legends is pretty much doa release if it's a dollar higher than $10.

I own a WiiU. I love my WiiU. Lots and lots of amazing games - Bayonetta and Mario Kart and Smash and Wonderful 101 and NSMW and Solution... so on and so forth.

But this rumored launch window of games sounds super disappointing.

The only people who seem to have bought the WiiU were hardcore Nintendo fans - and they're getting fucked out of playing the New Zelda first - even though the game has been promised for years.

Other than Zelda - what's there to play? Whether as a WiiU owner or not. Whether Core or casual?

Sports games that will be better on other system, with better online communities?

3 year old ports that cost $10 on other systems already released?

Ports of WiiU games that pretty much look and run the same, and weren't enough of a release to get people to buy the last system?

I'll buy a Switch Day One no matter what. I love my Nintendo. But I really, really hope they have more up their sleeves than Zelda at launch.

Edit: also, I'm done buying AA 2d sidescrrollers for a couple years.
Fucked out of what?

Are you serious? Was only Nintendo hype trains banned? But there is no hype like Nintendo-hype :(
Im just saying that lol.. Nintendo hype trains get way out of order so its easier to not allow them

This machine really needs to focus on new titles.

Whilst developer/publisher partnerships are good for the console, a game that is 4/5 years old doesn't excite me for the machine at all.

LordKano

Is this it for Ubisoft? Those guys support Nintendo hw launches the best, I refuse to believe that only thing they have is Rayman Legends. Hopefully Laura's sources in Ubisoft will leak more, I want South Park and For Honor on this thing.

Btw, Rayman Legends is pretty much doa release if it's a dollar higher than $10.

"Only" ? They have freaking BGE2. And that Rabbids RPG.

So... based on recent rumors, I'm personally expecting the "deluxe" launch bundle to include BoTW in the US. Give me a Switch that has BoTW, more memory, and maybe an Amiibo and I'll be happy as a clam. If not, I'll just buy all of that stuff separately anyway. What's everyone thinking the "Deluxe" bundle will be?

Okay so now that Laura has resumed leaking software at a pretty exorbitant rate, I think it's time for me to get off the internet. See you all after Switchmas!

Plum

Okay so now that Laura has resumed leaking software at a pretty exorbitant rate, I think it's time for me to get off the internet. See you all after Switchmas!

Yep I think it's (actually) time for me to leave. LKD can't seem to stick to her words so I guess I can't browse GAF until the 12th. Just hope we don't have another Microsoft E3 2016 scenario where the entire thing is leaked and nobody does anything to stop it being posted all over the presentation thread.

Neoxon

So... based on recent rumors, I'm personally expecting the "deluxe" launch bundle to include BoTW in the US. Give me a Switch that has BoTW, more memory, and maybe an Amiibo and I'll be happy as a clam. If not, I'll just buy all of that stuff separately anyway. What's everyone thinking the "Deluxe" bundle will be?
Why bundle a game that's guaranteed to sell on its own?

And we're going off of what Laura heard (I.E. Basic & Deluxe bundles, Splatoon being the pack-in game for the Deluxe Bundle, $250 for Basic & $300 for Deluxe, 32GB of internal storage for the Basic Bundle, etc.).

Its not like shes breaking news on anything I care about at this point

Im hoping for

- Switch Monster Hunter

- Smash Port release date

- Some other stuff from SE and Capcom

- Confirmation of Dark Souls collection

- Hail Mary Skies Of Arcadia remaster

Yado

I own a WiiU. I love my WiiU. Lots and lots of amazing games - Bayonetta and Mario Kart and Smash and Wonderful 101 and NSMW and Solution... so on and so forth.

But this rumored launch window of games sounds super disappointing.

The only people who seem to have bought the WiiU were hardcore Nintendo fans - and they're getting fucked out of playing the New Zelda first - even though the game has been promised for years.

Other than Zelda - what's there to play? Whether as a WiiU owner or not. Whether Core or casual?

Sports games that will be better on other system, with better online communities?

3 year old ports that cost $10 on other systems already released?

Ports of WiiU games that pretty much look and run the same, and weren't enough of a release to get people to buy the last system?

I'll buy a Switch Day One no matter what. I love my Nintendo. But I really, really hope they have more up their sleeves than Zelda at launch.

Edit: also, I'm done buying AA 2d sidescrrollers for a couple years.

Have to say I agree and after reading Laura's comment about not holding your breath when it comes to the quality of the third party exclusives she's seen I'm dialing my expectations down when it comes to software. The hardware stuff doesn't really bother me but the rumours of what to expect in terms of software....I have some harsh words in mind but I'm going to keep it cute because we don't know everything yet.

thefro

I've checked the schedule on Tokyo Big Sight Japanese site, and it looks like East Hall 1 and the entire West Hall are booked for other events on the 14th/15th, so the Switch demo event can only potentially use East Hall 2-8.

That's still more space than the main 2 halls at E3 combined.

I would suspect they will use East Hall 7 at least, which is about 1/2 the size of West Exhibit Hall at E3 (typically has both Sony & Nintendo's booths, and I think Microsoft as well in recent years). It's the newest and largest exhibition hall.

Blue Xs are the booked areas for public events (might be some other private events going on).

http://www.bigsight.jp/english/services/floormap/

YS0tmEz.jpg

Why bundle a game that's guaranteed to sell on its own?

And we're going off of what Laura heard (I.E. Basic & Deluxe bundles, Splatoon being the pack-in game for the Deluxe Bundle, $250 for Basic & $300 for Deluxe, 32GB of internal storage for the Basic Bundle, etc.).

Just wishful thinking on my part honestly. I know I'll be getting the Deluxe model along with Zelda no matter how they bundle things. Thanks for the response!

Maxrunner

Wonder if Geno's leak about Metroid is true. There is certainly something going on at VanillaVare, as they haven't spoken for like 2 years about their project: 13 Sentinels Ageis Rim for PS4/Vita. Could they have taken another project instead?

Yeah, Vita version was at native resolution @60fps. And it's been free with Plus.

what rumor ?

You can buy Rayman Legends for five bucks on every platform, what's the point ?

Right now on amazon, the various versions of the game are all $20 or more except the PC version. I don't see the issue with this if it's a budget $20 release, hopefully with a few extra bells and whistles.

Just wishful thinking on my part honestly. I know I'll be getting the Deluxe model along with Zelda no matter how they bundle things. Thanks for the response!

I need to order my SD card soon...

I might hold off and see how low the prices drop on the big ones over the next few months

oti

Banned
that's a, uh, title

Only Rabbids get top billing?

I could totally see Nintendo telling Ubisoft "if you want Mario in the title we want this much more money" or something. Or maybe that was never in the cards anyway. Who knows. Brands are weird and complicated.

Xiao Hu

Rayman fucking Legends? Again? I mean the game is really good but I won't trippledip, there are way better ports Ubisoft could have delivered.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think that Smash for Switch will be shown at the conference? I'm hoping they showcase the title (and cross my fingers for playable Inkling).

that's a, uh, title

Only Rabbids get top billing?

Yeah, would not be surprised if this crossover is more like monster hunter then mario and sonic at the olympics.

Rabbids in the mushroom kingdom wearing mario clothes, using mario power ups and collecting mario coins to rescue mario instead of controlling the two and working together.

Speely

Banned
Do you guys think that Smash for Switch will be shown at the conference? I'm hoping they showcase the title (and cross my fingers for playable Inkling).

I think they'll show it for sure, but not every new fighter. They might wanna string those reveals out leading up to release.

Pachimari

Man, so far there's nothing for me during launch other than Splatoon.

I'm most definitely picking it up the month Pokémon Stars releases. I can't wait to play that game, and I'm just killing time with Pokémon Go.

I also would like an Animal Crossing game but I'm honestly happy enough with a mobile game coming this March. And then just some Wii Bowling port and I'll be happy.

These are what I want the most.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If Rabbids Kingdom Battle (no Mushroom pun? really? no Mario, nothing?) gets moved to September then Mario 3d might be the only title with Mario at launch so there goes that problem.

TDLink

100% yes. They will announce it's a thing and there will be 1 or 2 new character reveals.

I need to order my SD card soon...

I might hold off and see how low the prices drop on the big ones over the next few months

I'm on the fence for right now. It seems likely that the "base" model has 32Gb built in, but I want to see what the "Deluxe" has before I invest in a card. That and as you noted, prices on cards higher than 128Gb are a bit silly right now unless you go with the odd 200Gb card. I'd rather wait and get a card I know I'll stick with.

Rayman fucking Legends? Again? I mean the game is really good but I won't trippledip, there are way better ports Ubisoft could have delivered.

Ubi-soft isn't forcing anyone to double dip on it. I'm guessing it's an opportunity to re-use existing assets and recoup some money on what they were hoping to get out of the Wii U version, considering it was originally conceived as an exclusive.

I'm on the fence for right now. It seems likely that the "base" model has 32Gb built in, but I want to see what the "Deluxe" has before I invest in a card. That and as you noted, prices on cards higher than 128Gb are a bit silly right now unless you go with the odd 200Gb card. I'd rather wait and get a card I know I'll stick with.

I have a feeling Ill be able to snag a 256 for a reasonable price near launch

At least I hope so

Hopefully they consider 64GB for Switch?

oti

Banned
How cool would it be though if Rayman Legends got new levels... Nintendo themed levels? That would be awesome.

Either way youre going to have to invest in a card. I say buy it and get it over with. People who had a couple games digitally installed and then bought Xenoblad X physically experienced this on the premium Wii U.

random25

I think they won't. While it is a port, Smash Bros is still a big deal so they'll probably hold that game off to give way to the launch titles and showcase it on another big event, like a separate Nintendo Direct or E3.

Pachimari

Oh hell, if we got Inkling and Ice Climbers for Smash 4 I would be over the moon. Although I got nobody to play with locally which takes a lot of fun out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom