• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
If I was at the head of a third party company, proud of a game from my library, which might have a chance to sell and cover port costs, I would greenlight a Switch version.

For the pleasure to play it anywhere, and the positive effect it could have, expanding the brand outside of the living room.

Oregano

Vita devs could easily make the transition since it will be the only handheld on the market. And it's not like we don't get booby games and such, just not in the over abundance that Vita does. And Monster Hunter clones could find their way to the system and maybe get some of the MH audience since it will be on a platform they own.

Assuming those devs are handheld devs before Playstation devs which so far doesn't look like the case.

I'd almost be willing to put money on MH Clones avoiding Switch especially/even if MH moves there exclusively

EDIT:
Seven Stars is the subtitle for Conception 2 on 3DS.

3DS also gets Senran Kagura, and the guy is even invited to the Switch event as well.

Ahh I actually own Conception 2 but never actually played it.

Conception, Monster Hunter and Kenka Bancho are the only really examples of PSP devs trying 3DS.

If I could have all nintendo developed games in one place, stuff like Level 5's output and Square Enix's output on the 3ds.....AND vita type things like Danganronpa or God Eater. That's pretty much the holy grail there. Haven't really thoughtm uch about where vita devs will go though. Seems like in the short term some of them have planned to go to PS4 (Danganronpa 3) but who knows with Switch.

Nanashrew

Banned
Assuming those devs are handheld devs before Playstation devs which so far doesn't look like the case.

I'd almost be willing to put money on MH Clones avoiding Switch especially/even if MH moves there exclusively

Well those games aren't doing too hot on PS4 as Playstation devs. The market for home consoles in Japan has shrunk to terrible levels, and their games are largely for the Japanese market.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Choice Provisions have posted on Twitter the Nintendo Force's article about the brand new Runner 3's character.
I can't post it because it's a scan of the issue itself, but the final part (which I'm going to transcribe here) seems so much as if they tried to say it's Switch-bound without actually spelling it.

Speaking of time and telling, we've heard that Nintendo is asking indie developers who have Switch games in the works to stay quiet for now. That means, for the moment, we can't confirm if Runner 3 is Switch-bound or not. We also can't encourage you to look back on Choice Provisions' consistent history of support for Nintendo consoles so that you may draw your own conclusions on where this Rhythm Alien's future legend will soon be told. In fact, we may have already run our mouths off too much as it is!

Platy

Choice Provisions have posted on Twitter the Nintendo Force's article about the brand new Runner 3's character.
I can't post it because it's a scan of the issue itself, but the final part (which I'm going to transcribe here) seems so much as if they tried to say it's Switch-bound without actually spelling it.

Excellent news - I adored Runner 2.

So we will receive a bunch of creepy anime games and will have to sell our souls to buy a memory card ? xD

Can we stop with the ill-informed Vita bashing in this thread? There's a hell of a lot more exclusives out there for that system than 'creepy anime games'.

Oregano

Well those games aren't doing too hot on PS4 as Playstation devs. The market for home consoles in Japan has shrunk to terrible levels, and their games are largely for the Japanese market.

Oh I agree with the logic but those developers don't seem to care. You haven't heard anyone lament their games sales.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh I agree with the logic but those developers don't seem to care. You haven't heard anyone lament their games sales.

Well, even if it's just talk for now (for obvious reasons), NIS seems to be on Switch with more than one project, and that's among the biggest contributors to PS's usual niche-focused lineup of games.

Oregano

Well, even if it's just talk for now (for obvious reasons), NIS seems to be on Switch with more than one project, and that's among the biggest contributors to PS's usual niche-focused lineup of games.

True, they're the only one (so far) though and it remains to be seen what they will actually be putting out. Definitely most positive than their attitude to Wii U though.

Zalman

If I could have all nintendo developed games in one place, stuff like Level 5's output and Square Enix's output on the 3ds.....AND vita type things like Danganronpa or God Eater. That's pretty much the holy grail there. Haven't really thoughtm uch about where vita devs will go though. Seems like in the short term some of them have planned to go to PS4 (Danganronpa 3) but who knows with Switch.
I suspect we'll see a lot of PS4/Switch games going forward. Assuming the Switch is a success, that is.

Y'are all way too on your nerves. He heard about a new preview of Zelda in GameInformer, and thought it would be new stuff and thus exciting. A bit of extrapolation but let's be honest, we would all have said the same.
Seriously. Should we have expected "There's information this week, but based on where it's from I bet it's boring and uninformative lololol."
TunaLover said:
The same would be applied to 3DS, it had way more sales than Vita to attract 3rd parties yet those same devs choose Vita.
I can think of a monster exception or two.

Did someone call dibs on the Switch Presentation OT?

we have a thread for that and yes:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226030800&postcount=4915

Not for me. They come out, confirm release date, SKU's, price, say splatoon and Zelda are for launch, dumb 3rd party stuff, say they'll talk about other stuff at E3/later date direct, I'm happy.

someone with realistic expectations :O
not sure about price since they don't do RRP anymore.

Just purchased a Wii U for a friend why did I just spend $400 on an old console?

It was a gift they wanted they are not really into gaming so it does not matter but I was hoping for a better deal from amazon. If she likes it I might have to get her a Switch too lol

That still irks me about those going to Vita over 3DS because some *cough*KoeiTecmo*cough* say it's because MH went to 3DS... then explain PSP...

They'd have been on Vita with or without MH. I still firmly believe God Eater and Toukiden could've been big (especially GE) on 3DS, even if it was just 3DS versions of GE2 and TK1 which were on PSP. They never took a chance.

MomoQca

Counting on it !
Anyway I'm going to cover every Japanese news of it as I did with X.
Here, on my blog or both, whatever.
Don't disappoint me Monolithsoft.

I'm looking forward to it! :D

Between Soraya Saga and the rumors, it's pretty much guaranteed at this point. We can assume their next game is in a presentable form at least due to all the rumors.

Charamiwa

Banned
I don't think I can be disappointed by the presentation because we'll get to finally see some games in action. We still know pratically nothing about the new Mario game, that alone will be plenty of excitement. I want to see that weird Rabbids game and how it'll play. And if there really is a teaser for BGE2 then I definitely want to see that.

And even the things we know a lot about, like Splatoon or MK8, it'll still be interesting to see what messaging they'll use to present those.

Waji

I'm looking forward to it! :D

Between Soraya Saga and the rumors, it's pretty much guaranteed at this point. We can assume their next game is in a presentable form at least due to all the rumors.
Yes. It's Nintendo's best/main RPG team after all.

Oregano

That still irks me about those going to Vita over 3DS because some *cough*KoeiTecmo*cough* say it's because MH went to 3DS... then explain PSP...

They'd have been on Vita with or without MH. I still firmly believe God Eater and Toukiden could've been big (especially GE) on 3DS, even if it was just 3DS versions of GE2 and TK1 which were on PSP. They never took a chance.

In the alternate reality where MH went to Vita Koei Tecmo just naturally followed the genre leader(that and it wouldn't have been questioned anyway).

TunaLover

i bet next week will disappoint
My expectation plumbered once we learnt about Rabbids x Mario RPG, and Rayman Legends re-release, it seems Nintendo is aiming for a similar library than Wii U. They could made a new IP with Ubi but they are playing safe again with a Mario IP shoe horn, and Wii U remakes, I doubt they have a major 3rd party game outside BG&E2. Hopefuly I'm wrong.

Zoon

Are there any rumors about the already existing VC library being there on launch? I have bought almost nothing on 3DS/Wii U.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Seriously. Should we have expected "There's information this week, but based on where it's from I bet it's boring and uninformative lololol."

No, we would have expected that something like this to not be teased at all, because it's really not worthy of a tease. We should have also expected that seeing that a whole discussion has started based on that tease with people asking when GI issue comes out and other people going around changing subscriptions to clarify it before it's getting out of hand.

And we should have expected at least to admit that he might have overhyped it or been too ambiguous, not hiding behind that ambiguity.

Practically the GI issue shouldn't have been discussed in this topic at all. It's practically unrelated.

My expectation plumbered once we learnt about Rabbids x Mario RPG, and Rayman Legends re-release, it seems Nintendo is aiming for a similar library than Wii U. They could made a new IP with Ubi but they are playing safe again with a Mario IP shoe horn, and Wii U remakes, I doubt they have a major 3rd party game outside BG&E2. Hopefuly I'm wrong.

Well almost everything you mentioned is from Ubisoft, mostly because one of Laura's main sources is from Ubisoft. There's a lot more to come.

Laura's sources mostly come from nintendo and ubisoft.

Vena

How could she know anything about Monolith Soft's new project if it's not from a more internal source ?

Unless Xenoblade 3 will be announced at the Jan. 12th event.

She knows very little, and given her inability to not leak everything I don't think she knows more than its mere existence. Marketing would be able to tell you that much.

Notice the difference in what she's reported *in detail* on anything from Ubisoft vs... just about anything else. The only major info she's shown on Nintendo stuff is the ports information for MK and that could well and fine be from an external porting studio or marketing as I expect that title to well and surely be in the presentation.

Since Bamco is likely working on Smash, most of that is also likely out of the eyes and ears of marketing until closer to release and as such, again, we see very little of it and only hear vague rumors on the wind.

In fact, I'd say that people who know more about Nintendo internal works (probably Emily, since her contacts are considerably deeper from what I can tell) has remained silent after the initial flurry of leaks/info on the Switch. The more you move away from marketing and get into more core projects, the closer you get to really pissing people off and potentially getting major developers in trouble, and so this is usually where leaks cut off because of mutual respect between leakers and their informants. Marketing is considerably harder to control in this fashion as that information is MUCH more wide spread.

LordKano

Rösti;227671838 said:
Indeed. Feel free to suggest content for the thread. General information (times, venues etc.) will of course be there, and some other things.

Just make a silly pun in the thread title. That's the only thing really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom