• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam it is easier to ignore all that some people here still value your reports, you know GAF bashes all sources but still be the first to post their reports anyway

gogojira

Probably not just gonna be your threads that are banned man. Cool off, you're completely derailing the thread on a board you claim you don't care about.

Spy

And what a terrific job they've done of enforcing that given that subsequent threads based around my work have been posted without being locked. Again, several examples:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1320475

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327754

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328670

Edit: also, I like how they 'banned' my rumours despite not being able to disprove that particular post in any way. That's telling.
Your whole Mario RPG "leak" on Twitter is just a rehash of everything that's already been leaked with a "I think" at the end as if to sound more credible. I'm not saying you don't have inside info but why are you wording it as if it's new information?

NeoGAF trusting me isn't really a concern of mine. It would just be nice if people could stop spreading falsehoods about me on here. Every time I enter this thread, there's a new one for me to correct. There's a great irony in there somewhere.
Might just be in the manner of how the rumor was conveyed then.

Discomurf

[•|◘] Nintendo Switch - O/T

Nintendo ↔ Switch O|T

•|◘ ɴɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴏ ṣᴡᴉᴛᴄң ᴏ|ᴛ

[•|◘] ɴɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴏ ṣᴡᴉᴛᴄң ᴏ|ᴛ

LiamR

Your whole Mario RPG "leak" on Twitter is just a rehash of everything that's already been leaked with a "I think" at the end as if to sound more credible. The only thing you posted that I haven't read anywhere was about weapons having different properties but what RPG doesn't work like this?

That's probably because I was one of the sources for the information that is already out there. My Twitter is just my space where I can discuss with friends what's on my mind. I was just trying to make sense of what the game might be like from what I've heard. It's probably not worth dissecting an incredible amount. I never claimed it was all fresh info.

Also, I think the weapons and strategy 'X-Com' comparison things are very specific. It should be obvious that I didn't extrapolate that from pre-published info.

Edit: I'm starting to feel pretty unwelcome, so I'm gonna get out of here. I have a right to defend myself against misconceptions and lies being spread on here about me and I think I did so in a totally reasonable way. Have a good one, everyone.

Shiggy

Probably not just gonna be your threads that are banned man. Cool off, you're completely derailing the thread on a board you claim you don't care about.

It's not really HIM who's derailing the thread. He was definitely right about Mario vs DK Amiibo Challenge for example. And for the Rabbids game we will see in a few days.

boxter432

So if I preorder online from Gamestop next Thursday night what will my options be?
Can you preorder for in store pickup?
If it's ship to home, is it guaranteed delivery on release day?

Never bought a console there, Wii and PS3 I got months after launch, WiiU I stood outside BB, Gamecube I preordered and picked up from Sam goody haha.

gogojira

It's not really HIM who's derailing the thread. He was definitely right about Mario vs DK Amiibo Challenge for example. And for the Rabbids game we will see in a few days.

I like Unseen64. Maybe I didn't see the posts leading up to the tirade? It's probably easy for me to say with me not being in the receiving end of the criticism.

lutheran

Hahaha. Thanks for this. 😍

tumblr_o1w4bs7Li51s2ak11o1_1280.jpg

tebunker

Banned
I MISSED THE TORONTO INVITE BY SEVEN HOURS BECAUSE I WAS AT WORK. FUCK.

/am cry

Well my invite is for DC about 5 hours away. Going to see if I can have my brother and friend go. It is in February and I am pretty sure I am getting the darn thing in March I'll survive

AR15mex

I noticed that reddit is going crazy with rumors as well. Now they are saying overwatch to be revealed on the January event... :S

Doctre81

I have to imagine the Rabbids RPG was originally a Wii U game that was greenlit back when Nintendo was all about crossovers, and rabbids were still popular with the audience they were trying to reach out to. It just seems like such an odd game to be releasing at launch on Switch.

Nah that would be implying that this game has been in development for 4 or 5 years. Nah.

Spy

That's probably because I was one of the sources for the information that is already out there. My Twitter is just my space where I can discuss with friends what's on my mind. I was just trying to make sense of what the game might be like from what I've heard. It's probably not worth dissecting an incredible amount. I never claimed it was all fresh info.

Also, I think the weapons and strategy 'X-Com' comparison things are very specific. It should be obvious that I didn't extrapolate that from pre-published info.

Edit: I'm starting to feel pretty unwelcome, so I'm gonna get out of here. I have a right to defend myself against misconceptions and lies being spread on here about me and I think I did so in a totally reasonable way. Have a good one, everyone.
If I knew you were a NeoGAF user I likely wouldn't have posted about my suspicions but you have to understand it's reasonable to question leaks when they seem to be firing from all cylinders lately. I didn't mean to attack you and apologize if my post came off as hostile.

Man, I wish Nintendo held (any) events near me. I get that West Virginia doesn't matter because we're all poor as fuck, but why not hold one in Louisville or Columbus? Either one is only a 2.5 hour drive for me. I'd be willing to do that! And Columbus is like the 10th largest city in the US. :(

Is it weird that Rabbids RPG is what I'm most intrested in.

Nope, it's mine out of what we're basically known to be seeing. I mean it's such a wild concept, and best of all, GRANT KIRKHOPE is composing it, his first Nintendo IP since DK64! o_O

Like I said before, we better see DK and Diddy in this, also with some DK64 remixes. Plus we need a Mario Rap.

"He's finally back, to kick some shell!"

Actually I wonder if he could ring up Chris Sutherland to help sing it. I know both are doing a "GK Rap" for Yooka Laylee, but I'd think they can squeeze in a Mario Rap also. ;)

Discomurf

I think it works better without the | but that's just me.

hmmm ya maybe on mobile...

a few more

[•|◘] ɴɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴏ SWITCH - O|T

•◘ ɴɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴏ SWITCH - O|T

•◘ ɴɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴏ ṣᴡᴉᴛᴄң ᴏ|ᴛ

[•|◘]
ɴ ɪ ɴ ᴛ ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴏ
S W I T C H

[•◘]
ɴ ɪ ɴ ᴛ ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴏ
S W I T C H

•◘