• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are you guys doing to kill the time?

As for me, it's a mix of Street Fighter V, Overwatch, & a bunch of anime that I missed last year (I'm currently on Drifters).

A lot of 3DS since it's only a few months until I'll be paying it dust (until Ever Oasis comes out).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I really don't know how likely this is, but could ubisoft not just port their Shield versions of those games to the switch?

I think the ports for Shield might be done by Nvidia themselves and I don't know if they will be willing to do that also for Switch. Maybe Nintendo would need to cover the costs?

antonz

For Honor has been a long speculated Switch title. Was mentioned many months ago that someone doing QA Testing was told by a UBI rep that the title they were testing was in development for NX at that time.

The QA company in question was working on only 2 or 3 Ubi titles at the time. So it seemed like For Honor was the likely one. The other 2 that had any sort of outsourced QA was Rainbow Six and The Crew expansions.

Lutherian

To kill time, I just finished watching Mr Robot Season 2 and Book 3 of Avatar: The Last Airbender (I was very late for this show), witch is now one of my favorite show of all time (now I need to see The Legend of Korra).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
For Honor has been a long speculated Switch title. Was mentioned many months ago that someone doing QA Testing was told by a UBI rep that the title they were testing was in development for NX at that time.

The QA company in question was working on only 2 or 3 Ubi titles at the time. So it seemed like For Honor was the likely one. The other 2 that had any sort of outsourced QA was Rainbow Six and The Crew expansions.

How about Steep? Hasn't someone hinted Steep as initially planned for Switch but then canned because it bombed everywhere?

antonz

How about Steep? Hasn't someone hinted Steep as initially planned for Switch but then canned because it bombed everywhere?

If I remember this was before Steep was announced. Its quite awhile back it was said. I can imagine Steep was probably on the drawing board though

Fuck yeah to the For Honor hope. Battling online in that game seems like it'll be fun.

Also kinda hope The Witness comes out too. Not good at puzzles but saw a Let's Play and was like "looks kinda cool" so maybe I'd buy that too.

The only two third party games I really REALLY want is Persona 5 and Overwatch. I'm not losing hope on Persona 5 just because of twitter. Not too sure on Overwatch and if that would be ported. I hope so. I've basically been downsizing tv games with quitting Splatoon later this month and after that only playing a little Paragon here and there so I don't see myself getting Overwatch otherwise especially with $60 more for PS+. i'll get Persona 5 on PS4 if I have to but I'll be completely exausted for like 20 days straight with my pain problems while playing on tv and the tv completely heating up my room. Not looking forward to it but I'll do it for Persona damnit.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

I'd double dip on For Honor just to be able to play some matches in bed before I fall asleep.

To kill time, I just finished watching Mr Robot Season 2 and Book 3 of Avatar: The Last Airbender (I was very late for this show), witch is now one of my favorite show of all time (now I need to see The Legend of Korra).

I have been meaning to get into Avatar. It seems like the last cartoon aimed at kids that I will enjoy so I am taking my time.

Phoenixus

So happy there's a YouTube feed. Not that I didn't think there would be, just glad I'll be able to watch it live on my TV via the WiiU. :D

verbatimo

So what are you guys doing to kill the time?

As for me, it's a mix of Street Fighter V, Overwatch, & a bunch of anime that I missed last year (I'm currently on Drifters).

Planetside 2, Warframe, Warhammer Vermintide

Sunday to friday AGDQ 2017

Working out, no jogging atm -30*C outside

killercow

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but the new Shield is getting the following support from Ubi-Soft: For Honor, Watch Dogs 2, and AC: Syndicate. Also, The Witness, Tomb Raider, and Shadowgun Legends will be available at launch.

Considering the similar architecture with the Switch, it seems like a strong possibility that at least some of those could be Switch-bound, no?

Link:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.digi...-tv-at-ces-2017/amp/?client=ms-android-google

If I'm not mistaken those are NOT shield versions but rather streamed from a Pascal-based pc via Geforce Now (cloud service):
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/01/04/shield-tv-gaming-ces/

EDarkness

Well, that hope was short lived.

Man, how nice it would be to be able to use Geforce Now on Switch, being portable. But it very unlikely.

Having the option for such stuff would be good, but I think I'd rather have the game on a cart so that I can play games without needing to be connected to the internet (well for most games).

LordKano

There's a small mistake at the end of the Eurogamer's article, Xenoblade X didn't get languages patched in late January, it was playable in French from day one.

Lucifon

I swear if they release Zelda at launch in Japan and the US but give EU the shaft and delay it for months then heads will roll. No reason why English speaking folk should have to wait when the English version of the game is done.

LordKano

It won't get delayed in Europe, it's Zelda, they won't allow it to be delayed.
The worst case scenario could be a rushed localization but even that I have doubt. They will likely just double down on the process to have it ready for March.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Don't worry YURO-GAF, I'll be careful to cover my early impressions of they have any spoilers 😉

I swear if they release Zelda at launch in Japan and the US but give EU the shaft and delay it for months then heads will roll. No reason why English speaking folk should have to wait when the English version of the game is done.

Nintendo of Europe does it's own english translation from japanese. Yes, as wasteful as that sounds.

Anyway, I think Shibata will whip the horses to get the european version into shape. A brand new Zelda game in less than 3 months. Oh my !

Neoxon

If BotW doesn't release until months later in Europe then that means 3D Mario HAS to be a launch title. Nintendo would probably want to keep a similar launch throughout the world which would mean 3D Mario would launch in America also.

The_Lump

Banned
UK guys can relax: It's region free. Just pick up the US copy :)

Not that i think it will be delayed. It's Zelda, so there's no way they would stagger it's release nowadays.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zelda will not be delayed in Europe.

Nintendo wants to make a good impression at launch, how would delaying one of their most anticipated titles for one region do that?

Why do they do that ? Seems like a huge waste of time.

I think there was an incident where a Wii games used a word that was an offensive slur in either the US or UK version, which scared Nintendo to their bone.

Maybe it's less time consuming for both branches to start translating right after the japanese script is dumped in their laps, rather than Treehouse doing the english one for the US and someone in europe going through that version to change stuff for the UK ?

I honestly don't know. It is definitely a waste of ressources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom