• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Laura's release list for the first year:

Cxs0XohXcAQypsX.jpg:large

Love the possibility of a XCX port, and BGE Switch Exclusive would be quite a get.

That can't be all the third parties, right? Surely there must be more, even the Wii U had more.

Well she says as she understands it, she obviously wouldn't know everything.

It's weird that Xenoblade X is getting a port, it's the only one that sticks out as not being multiplayer/online focused.

Retrobox

Well she says as she understands it, she obviously wouldn't know everything.

It's weird that Xenoblade X is getting a port, it's the only one that sticks out as not being multiplayer/online focused.

That game is going to benefit so much from being on the Switch. The game cards are going to really help out open-world games the most, if I understand correctly.

Since they seem to be going all in on remasters, I hope Wii remasters are in the pipeline. It still pisses me off to no end that of all the Wii games to release on the 3DS they chose Xenoblade. A game that pushed the Wii to its limited and would inevitably have to be downgraded in order to run on the platform. That's a game that deserves an HD release.

13ruce

Banned
Laura's release list for the first year:

Cxs0XohXcAQypsX.jpg:large

Love the possibility of a XCX port, and BGE Switch Exclusive would be quite a get.

Ah Zelda in summer thats not to bad, gonna spend a huge time of my summer vacation on it then. I guess they are nearly in QA testing but with the game being so huge they delay the game a few Months to fix some bugs etc. Glad it's not november that would piss me off.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
As much as I would be happy to rebuy stuff to play on the go I hope to God Nintendo is releasing more than two Switch exclusives in the first year.

Even if the list is completed only about the first party...it is worrisome
Pikmin especially with that description could end up being just the uprez 3ds sidescroller. ..
And the only serious hint at an actual merge with the portable lineup software would be pokemon

I seriously hope that list is just partial and referred to what she have heard as confirmed games coming otherwise. .. good luck switch

DrWong

Pikmin especially with that description could end up being just the uprez 3ds sidescroller. ..
And the only serious hint at an actual merge with the portable lineup software would be pokemon

I seriously hope that list is just partial and referred to what she have heard as confirmed games coming otherwise. .. good luck switch
ah ah ah ah! Good joke.

LordKano

You're reaching to conclusions, again. There's no reasonable way to interpret the Pikmin reboot as an uprezzed 3DS version.
And obviously it's not complete, she said it herself.

Zedark

That can't be everything from Nintendo right? There's no new ip from Nintendo and nothing retro related.

This is all she knows, I would guess she is not in the know about every single project (also, Emily Rogers mentioned that a Retro game would launch in 2017, so that shows Laura's list does not even contain all rumoured titles, just those here sources confirmed to her).

MCN

Banned
That can't be all the third parties, right? Surely there must be more, even the Wii U had more.

No, that's just what she's heard of. It's by no means a final list, just a list of things her sources know about, and she doesn't have sources everywhere, or some things may be kept quiet because they would be too easy to trace the source.

Rodin

Incredibly excited about the Xenoblade X port if true, i honestly can't wait to play it again with better graphics (improved textures, draw distance, lighting, etc) and possibly native 1080p. Then who knows, if we're lucky they'll fix the sound mix too haha

About Skyrim hopefully it'll be there at d1, it would certainly help sales of the game.

LordKano

Honestly I don't think you should do it. It's just gonna be doom and gloom from the non-fans regarding all the ports and shit.

There are exciting news there tho, Zelda for summer with a demo, Pikmin reboot, the Telltale game almost at launch.

Besides, it's still information, wether or not the usual haters don't like it.

There are exciting news there tho, Zelda for summer with a demo, Pikmin reboot, the Telltale game almost at launch.

People are stil gonna overlook all that and be like "WTF IT'S ALL POOOOORTS". That's what happened when Emily Rogers spilled the beans in regards to MK8 and Splatoon being enhanced ports.

Tregard

Soothsayer
kw1uISo.png

What crossover(s) would you like to see from Nintendo with another company?

I've never been massive on 2d fighters, but enough people have asked for Nintendo Vs Capcom that I'd give it a go out of curiosity. I played MvC3 and enjoyed it for a bit, maybe I need to give that genre another chance.

I think Sega could make a grand strategy title like Total War: Hyrule would be a fantastic experiment, as that's not a scale of strategy game we've seen from Nintendo games.

I'd really love to see Nintendo X Blizzard in some form, but I'm not sure how exactly. A Hearthstone variant using Pokémon cards? A game using the Smash Bros. Engine with Overwatch characters? An Overwatch character *in* Smash? All of this would be fantastic.

And of course, F-Zero by Platinum Games

jonno394

People are stil gonna overlook all that and be like "WTF IT'S ALL POOOOORTS". That's what happened when Emily Rogers spilled the beans in regards to MK8 and Splatoon being enhanced ports.

They're well within their right to complain about ports imo, but best to wait until January's full reveal first.

Its absolutly okay to shit on Nintendo if all they offer for their new console in the first year are just ports. Especially if you look at the small amount of games they put out in the last two years for the Wii U. They head enough time to make NEW games instead of porting the old ones.
BUT i doubt the ports are all what Nintendo has in the pipeline for launch and the first 12 months.

LordKano

Laura just tweeted that the Pikmin reboot may only be in the name, as they don't want a "4" in the name. I'm on mobile so I can't link it.

Plum

No, that's just what she's heard of. It's by no means a final list, just a list of things her sources know about, and she doesn't have sources everywhere, or some things may be kept quiet because they would be too easy to trace the source.

Yeah, I was being a bit stupid when I wrote that. It's clear that it won't be all the third parties, especially since the two big launch ones (Skyrim, Just Dance) are two we've already heard about.

Zedark

Breath of the Wild getting a demo? Maybe that is ready for launch? (As a pack-in with all units or on eShop?)

That would definitely be cool, hope that is what happens, and she is not referring to some game show demo (doubt it, why include it in that case?).

Stulaw

For the third party crossover question.

Sega Bass Fishing X Endless Ocean = Endless Ocean Fishing, I want to catch sharks and everything, then release and swim with them (this is probably untealistic at best).

But yeah, I also want Nintendo vs Capcom, have done for a while.

El Topo

This is what people talk about. Some won't read, some will read and won't care.

The outcome is the same, disinformation

I love how you deliberately shit on an initial reaction without knowing whatsoever what my reaction is about. Better suppress all negativity. Can't have that.

Oh maaaaaan! A Xenoblade X port!!! Ready to give it another 300 hours!!! ^_^

I seriously love that game, I'm so happy I'll be able to play it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom