• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belker

Looks like the same 3D printed one Etika had made.

This is a thing?

I think so, but it's bit hard to understand. My emphasis:

'When you register a channel, you will be eligible to receive a share of advertising revenue from Nintendo for all videos included in that channel, regardless of their content. If you only want some videos to apply to this program, please register each video individually.'

You can only use channels or videos that contain copyrighted content related to game titles specified by Nintendo,
and they must be your original creations. Be sure your videos do not contain copyrighted material from third parties or content from unconfirmed game titles. See here for a list of Nintendo game titles specified for use with this program.

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/

So it looks like only channels with the right Nintendo content can be in the service, but if there's anything on that channel that isn't Nintendo, the company will still get a cut.

probably a spoiler free Switch thread for those who can't watch the presentation live and don't want the announcements spoiled before watching (even though they'll all probably have their own threads on the front page)

The answer to this is, "Don't go on NeoGAF", nay, "the Internet until you've watched the presentation if it matters to you." I don't see how you can possibly avoid announcement spoilers on something like this. What does that thread even look like? A bunch of people going, "Oh my god! I can't believe they announced that game!"

I get that people want to experience the surprise themselves, but I don't think you can be trolling GAF and maintain that expectation.

Placeholder price.

Out of curiosity, does that line up with $250 USD? Or I guess $250 + the cost of a game.

Scrawnton

The answer to this is, "Don't go on NeoGAF", nay, "the Internet until you've watched the presentation if it matters to you." I don't see how you can possibly avoid announcement spoilers on something like this. What does that thread even look like? A bunch of people going, "Oh my god! I can't believe they announced that game!"

I get that people want to experience the surprise themselves, but I don't think you can be trolling GAF and maintain that expectation.

Even twitter and Facebook will have news stories all over the place. I remember when Nintendo first showed Switch, it was constantly shared on Facebook.

C0QCGKY.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Forgive me if I'm misremembering, but I thought it more of an up in the air, "one of our sources is saying it" sort of thing?

The quote was like this:

@LaurakBuzz said:
Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the title of that Rabbids Mario Rabbids RPG. I have one source telling me it may get pushed to September.

Put that info out there once verified because learning Rabbids, my big Switch Leak, may actually miss launch, is a thing to update folk on

Basically, if Rabbids had been pushed to Sept and I had said nothing, would have been a big "Laura was wrong" mark.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/816289357405552640

Doesn't sound to me like something up in the air.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Laura says Switch units at the press event won't have HDCP protection, but will monitor journalist to make sure no capture gets taken of certain games.

I thought Nintendo was allowing video and screens to be taken and shared at the event?

phanphare

Banned
OK... I'm still not following. What is the point of this? I mean, I kind of get a spoiler free E3 thread so that people can have a one stop repository for different links to the different presentations, but what are we even asking for here? If you want a non-spoiler link to the presentation, you just bookmark Nintendo's YouTube or Twitch channels.

yeah I don't know, I was just guesstimating

maybe they meant a spoiler free thread to avoid any leaks that happen between now and then?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Laura says Switch units at the press event won't have HDCP protection, but will monitor journalist to make sure no capture gets taken of certain games.

I thought Nintendo was allowing video and screens to be taken and shared at the event?

strange. A friend of mine got a press invite for the event in germany and they also stated "you can share pictures or videos you make with the hashtag #somethingsomethingswitchicantremember" in the e-mail

HylianTom

Banned

Life will find a way..

homer-and-apu-season-5-episode-13-simpsons-world-13.png

Brofield

Honestly, I hope they do a subscription for VC so they are accountable for keeping up with releasing VC games. Wii U was so bad for that. How the heck do you launch your new system without VC?!

Honestly, I think why Nintendo flubbed the Wii U was simply because they were in a rush to get ahead of the competition and make up for the Wii. I know it would have been damn near impossible to extend the Wii another six months (who are we kidding, we wouldn't have been surprised), but the Wii U would have had the prep it needed, a ridiculous number of launch titles, and no immediate drought of games for 5 months. Hell, almost a near oversaturation of both first and third party games

I know you're joking but they should bring that back to let the gamers vote on the weekly VC releases.

I think more if it were a suggestion box that was seriously looked at, for potential games to release, it would be better appreciated. God knows it would be annoying to see some trash game sit on the list for months at a time because no one wants it to some other release, so you never get the variety you need.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
@LauraKBuzz said:
I will be live streaming phone footage from inside the Switch hands on event Friday.

I will be publishing direct feed footage of Switch games Saturday on my YouTube channel.

Get ready for a BUNCH of Switch coverage from me Friday and Saturday ;)

Friday will be magnificent. Europe gets shafted for the live event being so damn early, but it also gets the first hands-on impressions in exchange.

Oregano

strange. A friend of mine got a press invite for the event in germany and they also stated "you can share pictures or videos you make with the hashtag #somethingsomethingswitchicantremember" in the e-mail

Probably offscreen videos and photos, not direct captures. Who know though?

They let DF do a direct capture of the Legend of Zelda at E3.

reKon

Banned
Based on the OP, the only disappointing thing that I see is the battery life, but w/e.

Using remote play on my Galaxy Tab Pro S while I'm away from home lasts like 3.5 hours, which I'm OK with (you can't charge the device and play at the same time because it only has one USB C, unless you get the multi adapter). With this in mind, I should be fine.

I feel like this is the future. I can travel on vacation or to visit family in other states and as long as the internet speed is fast enough, I can remote play on my 12 inch AMOLED tablet.

If I feel like playing Nintendo exclusives like Smash, one of my favorite series of all time, I can do that wherever I want. I almost bought a 3DS just for Smash, but I realized that playing on a screen that small would just be selling the experience way short.

This seems like this will be such an awesome device.

lol its just two more days, eh I can wait, will probably see the gamecube VC stuff if it leaks though, expecting $15-$20 for GC VC games

luigis mansion hype , will be cheaper than buying a second hand copy , lol prices skyrocketed

Alpha_eX

The premier press-only event on the 13th allows photos, just read the email. Going to be loads of hands-on info by the time you guys wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom