• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's followed by hands-on time for people all around the world. presentation ends at 6AM in germany and the event in germany opens at 8AM.

Nice! I knew that we had the hands-on events at different venues to look forward to, but I didn't remember if Japan was having their own thing immediately following the presentation. Interesting that the one in Germany works out that way in terms of timing.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's not really how time works

Enlighten me. US has the press event on 13th some hours later than Europe. I haven't seen anything about a Japan hands on press event on 12th after the live conference. And anyhow, live hands-on impressions from Japan don't seem to be that popular even in Japanese, English being already out of discussion.

LordKano

omg leaks !!!
1484068827-totally-not-fake-guys.jpg

Brofield

Convincing package design for the carts, though. Red case with a 3DSish sidebar for the console name. I don't think we've seen this before, have we?

Too similar a design with the 3DS, leaving the title bar on the right side, not to mention the BotW art has too much empty space leftover. I'd honestly expect a similar design to the Xbone case, but red and with the Switch logo embossed on the top, and also a lot thinner if feasible.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
it's followed by hands-on time for people all around the world. presentation ends at 6AM in germany and the event in germany opens at 8AM.

Hands-on for the large audience in Japan are on 14th and 15th. Any source for the press hands on in Japan being right after the live conference, I don't remember seeing anything about this?

Enlighten me. US has the press event on 13th some hours later than Europe. I haven't seen anything about a Japan hands on press event on 12th after the live conference. And anyhow, live hands-on impressions from Japan don't seem to be that popular even in Japanese, English being already out of discussion.

Translations and pictures everyone in the world still have access to it.

LoveCake

Is anyone else in the UK getting up early to watch the stream?

What site is best for the stream?

I did ask this before, but is NeoGAF going to have any restrictions on the site to help avert a meltdown, not allowing non-member's to be able to view the site for example?

omg leaks !!!
1484068827-totally-not-fake-guys.jpg

THE CODENAME WAS FOR THE F-ZERO GAME ALL ALONG

I'm also going to go ahead and assume we're getting SMTV using P5's assets for the Switch, it'll definitely get revealed at the event. There's no way the anniversary website would've launched days before the Switch event without it being planned.

I did ask this before, but is NeoGAF going to have any restrictions on the site to help avert a meltdown, not allowing non-member's to be able to view the site for example?
NeoGAF having sitewide meltdowns is a tradition dammit.

Yes.
Youtube i guess.
Most certainly no. Hasn't happened in a while not even during much much bigger events. Most of europe won't watch so server strain will be way less than e3 for example.

Frodo

It starts at 4AM in the UK. No way I'm waking up that early to watch it.

I'll go to work and then watch the Direct after I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom