• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I will never understand the people who keep on quoting a picture that it's obviously fake. You can say it's fake and delete the picture out of the quote. Don't spread the shit further.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Got the youtube stream bookmarked and I took the later half of Thursday off (I work afternoon shift) so I wouldn't miss half of it. Plenty of time to setup my array of snacks.

58 Hours until Nintenjudgment Day

Coincidentally, I had a dream that a friend of mine from college messaged me and said the Switch was going to be awful and have even less games than the Wii U did.

Thankfully, for every game that's confirmed and is heavily rumored it already blows the Wii U out of the water in terms of launch lineup.

Tom Nook

fmqjyesowv8y.jpg

"Many Bothans died to bring us this information."

LoveCake

NeoGAF having sitewide meltdowns is a tradition dammit.

Yes I know, but it's not nice not being able to get on, it's hard enough when you are typing a message and you click [reply] and the page has moved on five or six :D it is exciting I agree but I don't want to be up at 4am and struggle to get on.

It starts at 4AM in the UK. No way I'm waking up that early to watch it.

I'll go to work and then watch the Direct after I get home.

I know what you mean, I am going to try to get up.

I don't think it went down during E3. We might be past that.

I hope so, I don't mean to be bad or anything, but due to the size of GAF it no-doubt gets a lot of hits during times like this, I don't want to stop anyone from viewing, but I as a member also want to be able to get on to chat and discuss what could well be a momentous occasion with like minded people.

Due to current circumstances (console sales declining in Japan, Wii U failing to catch on, console/handheld hybrid approach, etc), is this the most important Nintendo system as far as needing success since the NES?

Smellycat

Is anyone expecting much software wise? To be honest I am lowering my expectations. It seems most of the launch software has already been leaked or shown, and I am not sure if Nintendo is going show much beyond the launch, maybe a couple of holiday titles.

- Zelda:BOTW switch version has been shown, although off screen. I am looking forward to the new trailer though

- Super Mario Switch: already been briefly shown, very excited for the full reveal

- NBA game. Don't really care about that

- Skyrim: good game to have on the console

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

- Rumoured Xenoblade Chronicles X switch version (???)

Scrawnton

Is anyone expecting much software wise? To be honest I am lowering my expectations. It seems most of the launch software has already been leaked or shown, and I am not sure if Nintendo is going show much beyond the launch, maybe a couple of holiday titles.

- Zelda:BOTW switch version has been shown, although off screen. I am looking forward to the new trailer though

- Super Mario Switch: already been briefly shown, very excited for the full reveal

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

I feel like they need to show Mario and one more Switch game that has zero ties to Wii U. Launch softwares is okay with Zelda and Wii U ports, but we need to know the real Switch software is coming.

Roo

That's interesting.
I mean, I assume all the games at the hands-on event are going to be presented to some extent at the live conference so I don't know why they'd prevent people from recording gameplay.
Unless those "select" games actually run like shit and they don't want any evidence of it until they can fix it.

First time I hear this "no, you can't record footage of this game" argument so not sure what'd the deal.

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

My reasonable wildcard that I'm hoping for is a proper Animal Crossing.

Scrawnton

That's interesting.
I mean, I assume all the games at the hands-on event are going to be presented to some extent at the live conference so I don't know why they'd prevent people from recording gameplay.
Unless those "select" games actually run like shit and they don't want any evidence of it until they can fix it.

First time I hear this "no, you can't record footage of this game" argument so not sure what'd the deal.

Does it really matter when treehouse is streaming the following day going hands on with these games?

Smellycat

I feel like they need to show Mario and one more Switch game that has zero ties to Wii U. Launch softwares is okay with Zelda and Wii U ports, but we need to know the real Switch software is coming.

To be honest, if launch mostly consists of just souped up Wii U games and a new MARIO game, then I have to question what the heck has Nintendo been doing for the last 2 years...

That's interesting.

This happens all the time. It's why you couldn't find any direct feed footage of Horizon: Zero Dawn from journalists last E3. The press is prohibited from recording their hands-on gameplay frequently.

oti

Banned

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

I'm really interested to see what the Switch minigame collection will look like. That will indicate what kind of gameplay Nintendo envisions for the platform.

Scrawnton

To be honest, if launch mostly consists of just souped up Wii U games and a new MARIO game, then I have to question what the heck has Nintendo been doing for the last 2 years...
DO NOT expect any secret game at launch that is not Zelda and other Wii U ports. That's what we're getting and it's insane to expect any surprise announcements for launch.

We've gotten bitten by the amiibo bug but I just don't find the announced BOTW amiibo figures that charming. So we'll probably skip those.

If Zelda or Mario are coming out, definitely either or both, though I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect both on day one. ��

But similarly I'll set myself up for disappointment by hoping for Yooka Laylee at the Switch launch. ��

A man can dream! Honestly, I'd be A-ok with having Zelda at launch instead of Mario. In that case I'd have to go with Zelda + Splatoon unless they've got something else up their sleeves. Mario Kart 8 at launch would feel amazing to me. That's the perfect game to play during breaks from BoTW.

So hopefully enhanced ports aren't full price. Maybe 40 or 50? And new games 60?

There's plenty of precedent for charging full price here. Many remastered games add little to nothing new, so I don't see Nintendo going lower than $60... However, I would love to see them offer a discount to current Wii-U owners who bought games like Splatoon already.

RM8

I'm being very pessimistic and assuming I'm only in for Mario and Mario Kart. MK8 on the go is my system seller, so any extra surprises are welcome :) I'd love having a fighting game besides SSB...

DO NOT expect any secret game at launch that is not Zelda and other Wii U ports. That's what we're getting and it's insane to expect any surprise announcements for launch.

We're not getting Zelda at launch....

I'm worried this new Mario game is going to be some sort of 3D runner not unlike the iOS game.

Edit: By Zelda I mean BoTW

maxcriden

The quote was like this:

Originally Posted by @LaurakBuzz

Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the title of that Rabbids Mario Rabbids RPG. I have one source telling me it may get pushed to September.

Put that info out there once verified because learning Rabbids, my big Switch Leak, may actually miss launch, is a thing to update folk on

Basically, if Rabbids had been pushed to Sept and I had said nothing, would have been a big "Laura was wrong" mark.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/816289357405552640

Doesn't sound to me like something up in the air.

I'm not saying this to be difficult at all, but "may get pushed" and "may actually miss launch" sounds kinda murky to me.

When is the tweet from?

The January 3rd deep dive report notes:

Mario Rabbids RPG was Sources A and B. I have no reason to doubt it’s hitting launch day.
Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the title of that Rabbids Mario Rabbids RPG. I have one source telling me it may get pushed to September.

— Laura Kate Dale (@LaurakBuzz) January 3, 2017

I was reached out to by a verifiable Ubisoft source regarding this info. The source was able to show verifiable evidence of the information in these tweets. They are the most up to date information I have on these projects and I believe this is currently the most accurate information available on these projects.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

I'm guessing she just forgot to edit the first part I quoted once she added the last part at the end of the article, since the two contradict. That's also the part that talks about the Rayman Legends Switch Port and the BGE2 latest details. Even still, none of these statements read as definitive to me. I'm guessing given the duplication of text that your tweets are from the same time as those she quoted in the article. I missed that additional context that your quote gives when I read her article because it omits those, but I still don't see that it's definitely missing launch. I mean, I have no idea when the game is coming out or if it exists (I believe it is, and I believe if her latest info says it could be September, sure, then it could be September), my only point was that I don't see any definitive statements made. (Just want to reiterate though that I'm just a very literal minded dude and not at all meaning to be pedantic about this, apologies if it comes off as such at all.)

It's not insane to expect more than a handful of Wii U ports at the launch of a new system. If that's all Nintendo has ready for day one, there's a problem.

Roo

This happens all the time. It's why you couldn't find any direct feed footage of Horizon: Zero Dawn from journalists last E3. The press is prohibited from recording their hands-on footage frequently.

Hmm.. I see.
Hopefully there are not too many games with this restriction.

- Splatoon 1.5

- Mario Kart 8.5

- Pokémon Stars

I'll be real bummed if there is no Mario Maker at least mentioned for the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom