• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonShula

Is everyone thinking that pre-orders will go live after the presentation tomorrow? Is it worth killing my sleep schedule just in case?

I am expecting preorders immediately after so I'm staying up. I'll also leave my phone off do not disturb in case they go up when I'm sleeping. Apple does their preorders in the dead of night, so there's a precedent for it in the US at least. I'm not counting on any retailer waiting until morning.

I know there are rumors on the Switch having Bluetooth and connecting to pretty much all your devices. I wonder if they will use your phones screen for Switch games.

Scrawnton

I want one of the following

• Mother 4
  • Metroid Prime Switch
  • Advance Wars
Pikmin v. Battalion Wars

The best crossover we could ever.

I want to see a 3D Zelda by FromSoft.

Please God, no. Souls games are good and I love them but I don't think From has what it takes to craft a satisfying Zelda game. Not to be reductive but if you removed thecombat, Souls is nothing but walk from A to B.

Astral Dog

Übermatik;228081957 said:
This is a surprisingly good idea
but keep Metroid 3D please
How will the Souls gameplay work in a Metroid setting? And why not just a new ip before making Metroid M
All thks speculation about Metroid is super weird :p

Risgroo

I feel like I'm the only one that would be thrilled if Retro was still working on Donkey Kong Country. Though, I grew up with Donkey Kong, didn't play Metroid till much, much later.

I totally expect to be making this face again when I open my Switch. :D
I'm with you, man. I love Metroid as well, but the DKC games mean a lot more to me.

Lovely picture btw :)
There are dozens of us
YES

I know there are rumors on the Switch having Bluetooth and connecting to pretty much all your devices. I wonder if they will use your phones screen for Switch games.
Video over Bluetooth ... yuck..

Isn't Bluetooth like only 3Mb a sec transfer rate... it can hardly do audio as is.

Anyhow not over Bluetooth it won't do video.

BratmanDu

I've been wondering if there will be some sort of phone connectivity (not bluetooth) to replicate dual screen wiiu/ds/3ds VC, requiring a phone mount of some sort, or even a mountable 3d screen to re-live the 3ds days. Prob dreamin tho. Seriously contemplating walking up at 4am, im in uk :-(

PSFan

I don't think preorders will go live instantly. Maybe 5 hours or so later.

I say that because it'll be like 6am in Europe before half of the nation gets to wake up and have a chance at preorder - Nintendo won't allow just the viewers to nab it.

It's not up to Nintendo to decide when retailers start taking pre-orders. Once the SKU is in their systems, nothing can stop them from taking preorders if they want to.

I remember preordering my PS4 on Amazon before the E3 reveal was even over. The point is, don't assume anything when it comes to preorders and each retailer.

J@hranimo

Banned
the young and creative people that came up with splatoon >>? Just an idea. I don't know..just give me a good metroid be it 2D or 3D

I was hoping that was the answer. I believe there's gotta be some of the younger people there who want to make a new Metroid.

Do you have a smartphone? I just use Twitter for stuff like this. I follow people like Wario64 and a few others, then I turn on notifications for their account. That way I get notified as soon as something goes up without having to refresh pages like a mad man.

I felt the same way at first, but I came to realize that Nintendo doesn't normally offer more than one SKU. The Wii-U basic sold terribly due to a bum value proposition and I just don't know if I can see them repeating that again.

the problem with the Wii U basic was the premium was just too good value wise (game, extra storage, sensor bar, stands, digital discounts), a simpler premium with just a game that at least a chunk wont want (as not everyone will want an upgraded port) and storage that not everyone will need (due to SD cards) could allow for a decent market for a lower priced system (especially if they can get it under 200 yankeebucks)

messiaen

Dear God please don't let Platinum anywhere near Metroid.

Qn58Yiu.gif
Honestly hope they remaster Wonderful 101. More people should be exposed to that incredible game, easily the best in their catalog.

I feel like I'm the only one that would be thrilled if Retro was still working on Donkey Kong Country. Though, I grew up with Donkey Kong, didn't play Metroid till much, much later.

35Fmd2J.jpg

I totally expect to be making this face again when I open my Switch. :D

Yeah no. Your not the only one. I would like that too. DK is so fucking awesome.

the problem with the Wii U basic was the premium was just too good value wise (game, extra storage, sensor bar, stands, digital discounts), a simpler premium with just a game that at least a chunk wont want (as not everyone will want an upgraded port) and storage that not everyone will need (due to SD cards) could allow for a decent market for a lower priced system (especially if they can get it under 200 yankeebucks)

I definitely agree with you there, the Deluxe made the Basic Wii-U look like garbage. This just circles back around to what I said about standard pricing for internal flash storage though.

The rumored 32Gb "base" model means the next move up is 64Gb, a bump that seems to have a standard mark up for $100. Even if Nintendo bucked the market standard and only charged $50 extra for more memory, they would be giving a full game completely for free. Given that information I just don't see this happening, but anything can happen I suppose.

Can't wait for this!!! Been waiting for this stream since the Switch Trailer. I wonder what the title of the Mario game will be, it'll be crazy if it was Super Mario Galaxy 3 all along. Tomorrow can't get here sooner.

Scrawnton

Consumers are what's wrong with the industry.
Remember when Nintendo had a lackluster E3 presentation the year Wii U released and it seemed like they had no games and they proceeded to let the Doritos Pope announce W101 backstage on an internet stream?

I wonder why there wasn't much anticipation for W101.

messiaen

I definitely agree with you there, the Deluxe made the Basic Wii-U look like garbage. This just circles back around to what I said about standard pricing for internal flash storage though.

The rumored 32Gb "base" model means the next move up is 64Gb, a bump that seems to have a standard mark up for $100. Even if Nintendo bucked the market standard and only charged $50 extra for more memory, they would be giving a full game completely for free. Given that information I just don't see this happening, but anything can happen I suppose.
I don't think they'd do another multiple SKU release. It hasn't faired well for any console really has it? I can see the logic behind it, but when it comes to premium devices like consoles it juat doesn't bode well with most consumers from what I've seen. Premium will always have to offer the better value as you have to give a reason to charge more and have a defined difference between the two and justify having two.

Just makes things complicated IMO. Would be better off sticking to one.

Look at the 360 or PS3. The base models were phased out after what? A year? Same with Wii U. Of my experience there was probably 50 or so 360 premiums being sold for every one base model during the holidays back then. And PS3... Always got a huge sigh when I said we only had the 20gb left. Lots of people even passed on it, despite there being the possibility that they wouldn't be able to get a 60gb before the holiday.

Back then literally no one guessed they would've been developing Donkey Kong. After that, almost anything is possible for them.

I still remember how much attention DKCR got at the E3 it was revealed. There were like long lines all the time if I'm remembering correctly. Overall, I'm excited for anything Retro comes out with next in regards to Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country, a new IP or a take on a different Nintendo IP. Their track record has been rock solid for me between the Prime Trilogy, DKCR was solid and Tropical Freeze is my favorite platformer so far this gen.

Frodo

I really would love to have another "fucking donkey kong" moment just for the laughs.

I'm interested in whatever Retro is doing, though. Even it is fucking donkey kong.

I don't think they'd do another multiple SKU release. It hasn't faired well for any console really has it? I can see the logic behind it, but when it comes to premium devices like consoles it juat doesn't bode well with most consumers from what I've seen. Premium will always have to offer the better value as you have to give a reason to charge more and have a defined difference between the two and justify having two.

Just makes things complicated IMO. Would be better off sticking to one.

I most definitely agree! Different SKU's in the form of game bundles work well down the line, but I've yet to see them make a big difference at launch. There's a reason that both Microsoft and Sony offered only one core SKU at launch for PS4/Xbox One.

Lucifon

If I recall correctly, Laura never claimed to have information on a SKU with higher memory. She just speculated that a "deluxe" SKU would potentially offer that to differentiate itself.

I've just double checked and she did seem to suggest that was the info she had : "We have also learned that a separate SKU featuring more internal storage and a packed in game is planned to sell at £249.99"

Roo

Give Metroid back to Sakamoto.
Make Metroid Great Again!!

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Scrawnton

I still remember how much attention DKCR got at the E3 it was revealed. There were like long lines all the time if I'm remembering correctly. Overall, I'm excited for anything Retro comes out with next in regards to Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country, a new IP or a take on a different Nintendo IP. Their track record has been rock solid for me between the Prime Trilogy, DKCR was solid and Tropical Freeze is my favorite platformer so far this gen.

DKCR was super hyped. Didn't it sell over 10million?

Nintendo dropped the ball with Tropical Freeze by banishing it to February to fill a lineup gap. Wii U would've faired much better during its first fall after release if Mario and Donkey Kong were released in October and November. By the time February came Wii U was old news.

Kindekuma

Banned
I know this sounds silly but we're definitely gonna get more Zelda BotW news tomorrow as well, right? Hopefully we can get a downloadable demo of it (E3 build?) after demonstration on the Switch.

Also hoping to see 2P VC games where one person has a Joy-Con, and other applications when the controllers are removed.

LordKano

I know this sounds silly but we're definitely gonna get more Zelda BotW news tomorrow as well, right? Hopefully we can get a downloadable demo of it (E3 build?) after demonstration on the Switch.

Also hoping to see 2P VC games where one person has a Joy-Con, and other applications when the controllers are removed.

You're definitely gonna have a new trailer and a shit ton of gameplay direct-feed afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom