• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So what do I need to charge this with, when dock is not availible.

a USB type A to type C cable?

I could connect via my PS4 for Power and get USB 3.0 speed/power output and not get a slow charge?

Not sure a computer/console will give enough current? Seems most decent USB chargers will charge it with a USB A to C cable. I have one with 2.4A output (usual ipad type chargers) and that charges it fine.

If you're playing a game it'll barely charge it - a percent here and there, but at least it isn't going down. Will charge much more quickly if its in sleep mode

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man I adore the concept. I thought I would never use portable mode but I am constantly using it. I am thinking of rebuying I am Setsuna just for the experience.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm assuming I'll pay a fee for screen replacement.
That's all I want. As long as it isn't exorbitant.

Quick update.
I called Nintendo this morning and the guy was really sympathetic. They made an exception for this repair to fall under warranty.

There's actually a valid warranty case in their system for scratches caused by docking and undocking so I believe that is what he used.

The normal repair fee is $99 btw.

Interfectum

Man I adore the concept. I thought I would never use portable mode but I am constantly using it. I am thinking of rebuying I am Setsuna just for the experience.

I have a 5 month old at home and before Switch my PS4/PC gaming time got reduced by 95%. Thanks to Switch I'm able to get in a ton of Zelda time off and on. It's amazing how easy it is to get some gaming in when you don't have to be chained to your entertainment center.

Quick update.
I called Nintendo this morning and the guy was really sympathetic. They made an exception for this repair to fall under warranty.

There's actually a valid warranty case in their system for scratches caused by docking and undocking so I believe that is what he used.

Well damn. Good to see they hooked you up at least. I'm sure it helped that you didn't seem to expect anything up front (at least that's what I gathered from your posts).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Well damn. Good to see they hooked you up at least. I'm sure it helped that you didn't seem to expect anything up front (at least that's what I gathered from your posts).

Yeah, while I debated in my head paying the $99 or just using the system as is and get a screen replacement in the future after more use, they offered to just replace the screen since it was less than a week old.

I'm always super nice on the phone too, so that helps, hehe.

Coketruck

I have a 5 month old at home and before Switch my PS4/PC gaming time got reduced by 95%. Thanks to Switch I'm able to get in a ton of Zelda time off and on. It's amazing how easy it is to get some gaming in when you don't have to be chained to your entertainment center.

Same here. My 7 month old makes it nearly impossible to sit down and play a big involved game like Zelda on my TV, but with the Switch, I can grab the tablet and get in a few minutes whenever the opportunity arises. It's awesome.

marrec

Banned
Man the Waterfield case for the Switch is so fuckin' slick but I need it in Orange to match my Vita Waterfield case :(

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I got an Anker USB A to C cable and an Anker 10000mah with Quickcharge (to use it also with my Nexus) power bank and they work perfectly with my Switch.

Interfectum

I posted in the other thread... avoid that Insignia Go case. It's trash. I'm going to use it until I jump on the Waterfield train.

marrec

Banned
It looks amaaaazing. Once I get the funds I will be getting one. The orange one looks SICK!

I just wish they had it in Orange for the Switch. I may bite on the Red regardless as the availability date keeps getting pushed back.

The Waterfield Vita case I have is hands down the best case for a portable console I've ever owned.

oti

Banned
I have it! :) The Neon colors were a good choice, looks good.
Downloading Zelda atm.

I like the blue more than the red. I went with grey, but in the end, it doesn't really matter for me. I'm using my Pro Controller on TV anyway.

DavidDesu

So where's the third party charging stands that let you umbilical cord into the dock for full functionality but without scratching the screen (keep the dock tucked away somewhere with just the USBC cord going to it)...?!

EDIT: Speaking of colours I'm sooo happy I went with grey. It's classy as fuck and understated.

I just wish they had it in Orange for the Switch. I may bite on the Red regardless as the availability date keeps getting pushed back.

The Waterfield Vita case I have is hands down the best case for a portable console I've ever owned.
You can tell they put a lot of work into their cases plus their material is top notch.

Yes. Many cheap cables aren't standards compliant and will fry your kit.

Always check reviews before buying.
Always do a Google search on the cable's manufacturer before buying.

Fuck I just wanted to walk into a shop and be able to buy one

I don't have a way to charge my switch at home away from my dock in my flat.

Vaev

Alright, had my Switch since launch, loving the thing so far. Been mostly playing handheld, but detaching the JoyCons fairly often. I just noticed that the left JoyCon is able to slide off without the release button. It takes a bit of force, nothing more than normal but it doesn't seem to click anymore... Mildly annoyed/worried.

Anyone having the same / similar issue? Thoughts?

Haint

Quick update.

There was no exception. They're worried about getting sued over dock scratching, and they absolutely will if they don't do blanket warranty coverage of it.

rnaud

Had the Switch for a few days, the form factor is really incredible. Still surprised at how "powerful" this thing is for the size it is.

I also end up playing Zelda in the morning because of how fast this thing is booting up from sleep. 5 seconds to get back into the game, that's really a game changer for me.

Had the Switch for a few days, the form factor is really incredible. Still surprised at how "powerful" this thing is for the size it is.

I also end up playing Zelda in the morning because of how fast this thing is booting up from sleep. 5 seconds to get back into the game, that's really a game changer for me.

Time to game from sleep is incredible.

BizzyBum

Another question, is there a way to have my Switch Mii be the icon for my NNID / My Nintendo account? It still shows my Wii or Wii U Mii.

Glix

I get "wow'd" by it every time I take the joycons off. Its SO tiny.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

makes me really excited for more ' pick up and play' titles like mk8, puyo and pocket rumble. being able to pick it up and dive into a game in seconds is so dope. goes great w my morning cofffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom