• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it came in plastic. Just a little baggie in a cardboard insert. Maybe I can sue the dock baggie, it's sturdier. Thanks man, so glad to hear you got yours!!

I hear ya, me included - Zelda's finally working better now but it's slower the further it is from the router. Just wondering honestly if it's just the wifi issue or if the server's are having an issue too. Could all be down to the wifi, no?
Thats what I was talking about.

Put it in there if you have nothing else and fold it on the side. Is what I do for my 2DS when I go to sleep.

I don't have any other ideas sorry...

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Ugh... seems like my Switch is finding every wireless router in the neighborhood except mine. Wtf.

SRTtoZ

How do I charge my Joycons? Or see how muc charge they have?

You attach them to the Switch to charge, docked or undocked they still charge. You check battery by going to "controllers" in the Switch UI.

Ugh... seems like my Switch is finding every wireless router in the neighborhood except mine. Wtf.

Its fucking crazy. My Switch is 3 feet from my Router and the Switch listed about 10 networks before mine is listed.

Rvaisse

i've noticed that the wifi range is much better when joycons are attached to the console, so it looks like the joycons wireless signal may be responsible for this issue.
Switching from 2.4gHz to 5gHz didn't improve anything for me.

t hicks

Banned
LOL never mind my dock finally started giving sound to my tv out of nowhere???? fuck i went into full panic mode for a second lmao i haven't even played zelda yet
I need to cool off

Seriously everyone lick a cartridge its a once in a lifetime experience.

I definitely will tomorrow when it arrives.

I think it's amusing as fuck that this is a thing. I think it'll become historic in fact. Like years from now we'll still be talking about how the first thing people did when the new Zelda launched was to try and eat it. It'll be a Switch launch memory, mark my words.

It's a first. I think.

lt519

Yeah switching to 5GHz got me right onto and downloading the updates. Zelda is moving real fast.

My power bank is acting funky though, it seems the USB C in/out is actually taking charge ): gonna have to see if I'm doing something wrong there.

I definitely will tomorrow when it arrives.

I think it's amusing as fuck that this is a thing. I think it'll become historic in fact. Like years from now we'll still be talking about how the first thing people did when the new Zelda launched was to try and eat it.

It's a first. I think.

Watch out for those used cartridges though haha

Veitsev

I was skeptical about the Pro Controller

Ordered it from Amazon.jp and cancelled it

Ordered it from US Japan and cancelled it

Decided to pick it up on a whim tonight

This thing is quality. Saw some reviews saying its below a PS4/Xbone controller and naw. This is a premium product with some real nice heft to it. Great analog sticks, buttons are large. Good shit.

Lilphish

Neo Member
Not reporting any joycon sync issues. Tested by moving 20+ feet away, through two walls, and turned around, and didn't have any delay or interference in System Menu or FAST RMX.

This is after I updated with joycons UNattached then rebooted console with attached.

Thank you for sharing this. I've been worried as I have a projector setup when docked and would be sitting 20 feet away. I thought I would end up having to buy a pro controller. I still may anyways if I can find one in stock.

maxcriden

Any harm at all in storing the switch in the dock on its side?

i've noticed that the wifi range is much better when joycons are attached to the console, so it looks like the joycons wireless signal may be responsible for this issue.
Switching from 2.4gHz to 5gHz didn't improve anything for me.

Good tip, thank you!

AGITΩ

Just got home with my haul.
Fh6Chs2.jpg

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

Well, changed my router security option to "WPA2-PSK (AES)" and it found it on my first try. It was set to (TKIP). That's a relief...

Put the joycon straps on, and can't take off the joycon straps lol. Having some trouble here..I must be doing something wrong.

Might have a chance to get a pro controller tomorrow, is it really worth it? I'm on the edge because $70 is a lot when the thing comes with joy-cons, but between connectivity issues and some people saying the buttons are too small or the analog sticks have a short distance from the center to the edges, I feel like I should.

Had a minor issue with the right joycon syncing. Only when my wife was trying to create her user picture. Happened twice to her hasn't happened to me at all, and I'm an hour into Zelda.

Wtf.

Anyways, love it otherwise!

Edit:

Oh, and for the love of god don't put your joycon straps onto the cons the wrong way. You will have a bad time.

Saven

Banned
Just in case no one said it yet, I just tried moving my joycon behind my back and there were no issues with it. Seems like the desyncing issue has been fixed.

Really irritated with these Wifi issues. It can find my router, but it won't stay connected for long. I've also experienced the left JoyCon sync issue, but that was before the day one update installed so I don't know if it's changed since.

Not impressed with the console itself so far, but at least I've got it set up to the point where I can lose myself in Zelda. Really nice that you can set the system language to one that doesn't match your NNID without any issues; I thought I was going to have to set up a Japanese NNID to play Zelda in Japanese, but I just set the system language to Japanese and Zelda boots straight up in 日本語, no worries.

vgamer1

I impulse bought the last Pro Controller at my Best Buy, and it is Fantastic!!!!

Oh man, this feels great to use.

Currently charging up the switch and joycons and playing Fast RMX on the TV. Loving it.

SRTtoZ

Anyone receive their Switch and the left joycon was completely dead?

Makes me a bit concerned, neon unit.

A lot of people have been reporting no charge on the left joyconn, just attach it to the system while docked for 10 minutes and it should be okay then. Probably nothing to worry about, just a bunch weren't charged before they were sent out.

Blues1990

Is the Switch's Pro Controller better suited for those who have large hands? The Joycon's feel uncomfortable when attached to the Joycon grip.

Seik

Banned
A friend just told me not to lick a cartridge because it's absolute shit.

It's actually tempting me more! Curiosity is a bitch. :lol

I tried to fuck up the joycon intentionally, I had to be ar the other end of my living room (~13ft), press it against my stomach and bend over it to fuck up the signal. Since the chances that I play like that are rather slim, I'm a happy man.

Everything is up to date and ready for tomorrow, however the E-Shop seems to be out atm.

lt519

Ooh this is cool I'm actually charging the switch with my Nexus 6P. Not sure that'll ever be useful, but cool anyway.

And the opposite I'm using the switch to charge my phone now. USB C rocks. Now to get this dumb power bank to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom