• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
So the joycon issue has been resolved? Very nice to hear.
Sounds to me more like it's a lucky draw to have a good one or a dud.

I wonder if that's grounds for a Joycon replacement by Nintendo. Let's see how it develops.

akileese

So uhh is the eshop fucked? I can't get logged in. No matter how I try to verify it the thing will not take any of my linked accounts or my actual Nintendo account username/email.

e: Nevermind! 15th time's the charm I guess.

ngower

The lack of an LED indicator is kind of a bummer. Does this charge if I have the console in sleep mode? Wanna make sure I get it charged up before my flight.

Is anyone else having trouble removing the Joycon straps? They're not backwards.

You have to pull the white tab on the bottom out and hit the disengage button.

Even then the fit is tight. I broke a nail removing one of them. Never again.

LHHQghg.jpg

Copenap

The lack of an LED indicator is kind of a bummer. Does this charge if I have the console in sleep mode? Wanna make sure I get it charged up before my flight.
You mean when it's docked? I don't have one but I'd say you can be sure that it charges when docked.

ngower

You mean when it's docked? I don't have one but I'd say you can be sure that it charges when docked.

I have the dock packed away and have the USB cable plugged directly into the console. It charged while on but I just don't know if it continues to charge in sleep mode.

Just got back after closing shop and opening everything now.

I don't know why I thought I'd need an extra set of joy cons right out of the gate. Only have 1-2 switch and snipperclips as multiplayer titles :(

I spent way too much.

This thing is sleek as all hell though :)

There's a charge indicator for the console itself that shows when you dock it , and you can toggle a display on the screen on/off in settings.

Each Joy-con has 4 lights giving a rough indicator of charge level too but you can't see them while they are plugged in to the Switch (the Grips have lights on the front to show charge level). .

You can view the charge level of any connected controller in the Controller settings too.

is there a setting where i don't have to type in my password every time i go to the eshop?

also fast racing rmx is some witchcraft shit

Chairhome

We made it guys!

I think the checkout clerk at best buy wanted to kill me, my stuff was split up into 7 different orders. I finally got out of there a little after 1230.

Just installed and updated a few games, added my kids and wife's profiles and linked them to their Nintendo accounts, and tried a tiny bit of Zelda and Bomberman

Playing on the joy con grip, my palm kept accidentally hitting the right stick and moving the camera. Probably going to stick to the pro controller from now on.

Bomberman seems a little sluggish. I'll play a little more before I give a good verdict on it.

is there a setting where i don't have to type in my password every time i go to the eshop?

Yeah, there's a setting for once only , it prompts you on intiial setup and you should be able to change that in eShop Settings I believe

Gamestop was quick and easy picking up my preorder tonight. Man, this system is mega cool. Screen is nice and the weight of the system is perfect. Set Shovel Knight, Fast, I am Setsuna, Bomberman, and Zelda up for download. Once Shovel Knight finished I fired that up and played to the first boss. Game looks so good on that nice screen. So glad I decided to get one.

VegaShinra

Yes. When you first visit the eShop it asks you if you want to skip password. Should be able to change it under the eShop setting.

mojo2

Neo Member
You have to pull the white tab on the bottom out and hit the disengage button.

Even then the fit is tight. I broke a nail removing one of them. Never again.

This thread reads like it's really badly designed hardware, lol. I'm beginning to hesitate.

vgamer1

On the contrary, to me it was immediately obvious how to remove the Joycon strap, and I can do it pretty effortlessly. Just apply slight pressure.

thanks guys, that was really annoying! 😂

I'm not sure how i feel about the docking process. it's not as smooth as i thought it was going to be, and i feel like i have to grab the top of the screen to pick it up.

TLZ

Banned
It was lighter than I expected. Button placement is going to take some getting used to. Super excited to have this on flights though. Just wish it had VC :( . Does anyone know when the Arcade Archive games are going to hit?

Interestingly the Australian eshop has a few neogeo games.

Antagon

Was afraid that I had to wait until the end of the month because I ordered it too late for the first batch. Turned out that an online retailer here still has both in stock, so tomorrow morning I'm getting a Switch and Zelda.
Got a trip to Amsterdam planned for tomorrow, but hopefully I get it before we leave and I can play it in the train on the way there. Would be a nice way to start off.

Schnozberry

Got a set of red joycons along with the grey ones that came in the box. Haven't had serious issues with range. My couch is about 10 feet from the switch and it's on top of my entertainment center right next to my soundbar. No issues with obstructing the joycon to report thus far with either set. I did power off and power on the switch with both sets of joycons attached in case there were firmware updates. I'll do more testing tomorrow.

pringles

Well doesn't look like my Switch is going to get delivered today. They were too late shipping it yesterday. Zelda for some reason isn't even shipped yet.

Going to check my local electronics store when they open in about an hour.. the good thing is that I live in a small town so there shouldn't be any rush of people there, but I also can't trust that the store actually gets any Switches.. it's going to be a looooong weekend if I don't get my hands on one.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Got my beautiful neon switch...only to find out it has a defective game-card reader. So I couldn't play Zelda or Bomberman :(

Will be working with Gamestop to get a replacement, but of what I played really quick of Fast RMX I had a blast

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got a mail my Switch is in the store... but there's two. I couldn't pre-order the neon bundle at launch, so I asked later if they could edit my order... and they added an extra one instead -_- But I got a mail from Nintendo yesterday they sent out test units and I have no idea if I'm on the list. Possibly drowning in Switches today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom