• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

F34R

Finally got around to checking my Switch thoroughly for the #bend lol. Took joys off, flat surface, and ruler test. No bending. I guess I was pressing too much on it before when I thought there was a bend. /shrugs

SteveWD40

Am I the only person going Joycons only with their Switch? I honestly really like them in the grip, and picking up a second set of Joycons is more flexible since I can do 2 player with traditional style controls or 4 player with the teeny joycon mode. Also got Neons to cover up my Gray Switch shame while in portable mode. Just waiting on my charging grip to arrive and then I'm probably not getting any more Switch accessories for a while.

I am, as I play mostly in handheld mode anyway, I also like the joycons in the grip.

Dishwalla

Banned
Bought a Switch. Went to Target to buy Rogue One, and they had one lone wild Switch in the case. Stood there for about 45 seconds with Rogue One in one hand and a box of Crunch Berries in the other trying to make up my mind before deciding to snatch it up. Was going to get one eventually, why not now?

TZchassis

Does anybody's Joycons wobble when connected to the screen? When I apply some pressure my left one moves a little bit which drives me nuts

TZchassis

Is Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on Switch good? Worth the $25 or better to wait for sale? I already have the og Shovel Knight on Vita that I never got around to playing because of backlog but i'm more likely to play it on Switch because of the newness and lack of other games.

The lack of dpad makes playing it on the go slightly harder but I got used to the analog stick. It's fun but I don't think there's any extras and it doesn't use he rumble and I personally rarely double dip so it's your call.

Been struggling with this myself lol. The fact that I get 20 % off with GCU makes it even harder to go to digital when physical is an option, even though I much prefer the convenience of digital.

Steam has spoiled me rotten.

Yeah, same with the discounts and convenience. Then you have to factor in more reward pts for digital and its just....ugh...

I bought an ethernet adapter for my Switch but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried plugging it into all the ports but can't get a connection. The system recognizes it (says wired connection in internet settings) but I'm having no luck. Has anyone had a similar problem?

arimanius

Went to the store to buy persona 5 and lego city undercover and saw they had 2 pro controllers in stock. Never wanted one and stood there with one in my hand trying to decide if I needed one or not. I decided what the hell and bought one and the control is really nice. A lot heavier than I thought it would be. Glad I got one.

Persona7

Banned
I bought an ethernet adapter for my Switch but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried plugging it into all the ports but can't get a connection. The system recognizes it (says wired connection in internet settings) but I'm having no luck. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Did your router issue an IP? Maybe try rebooting your network and switch.

Does anybody's Joycons wobble when connected to the screen? When I apply some pressure my left one moves a little bit which drives me nuts

Mine do a little bit. It sucks. Somebody in this thread mentioned he fixed it with dime electrical tape on the rail. Maybe I'll try that.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Went to the store to buy persona 5 and lego city undercover and saw they had 2 pro controllers in stock. Never wanted one and stood there with one in my hand trying to decide if I needed one or not. I decided what the hell and bought one and the control is really nice. A lot heavier than I thought it would be. Glad I got one.

It's a great pad. I found the joycons on grip servicable at best, so it was a no brainer for me.

Added benefit, assuming you only had one set of joycons, is being able to leave joycons on the tablet for quick switching away from docked mode.

Ponn

Banned
The lack of dpad makes playing it on the go slightly harder but I got used to the analog stick. It's fun but I don't think there's any extras and it doesn't use he rumble and I personally rarely double dip so it's your call.

oh, good points. I think I will wait for it on sale then. I haven't finished Zelda anyways and Mario Kart is this month and Disgaea 5 next so i'm actually pretty good on the game front. Thanks.

Did your router issue an IP? Maybe try rebooting your network and switch.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working. I think I might have to call customer support but I don't know how much of a help they'll be. I've tried to enter everything manually like it says on the support site but I'm still not having any luck. I would kind of like to get this sorted out before MK8DX comes out

krumble

Anyone else observing that there isn't a second shipment of Nintendo's official case for the Switch?

It's still sold out everywhere I look in europe, except for actually 3-4 stores in the country where I live (stores from a big chain, in small towns) but still too far to be worth going there. Unfortunately that chain doesn't ship local stock either.

Really wanted that case. A month has passed and I'm still caseless.

I got it day 1 - it's terrible and won't protect your switch - I use it mainly for storing spare joycons and games now

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got it day 1 - it's terrible and won't protect your switch - I use it mainly for storing spare joycons and games now

To be fair, it and most cases are fine for a lot of peoples usages--just covering the screen and system while it's in a backpack or messenger back. Most people aren't tossing it around and don't need a solid case.

That's a thing I always like about the DS/3DS, I could just chuch them in my back as the screen was protected, I'm gentle with my bags and even if not I don't care about cosmetic damage to the non-screen areas of my gadgets (and nor does Gamestop where I trade that kind of stuff so as to avoid the nitpicky used buyers online).

In any case, I ended up with this case since the official one and Hori Tough Pouch I was eyeing was sold out everywhere: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCKZ73H/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's still pretty slim, probably a bit tougher than those two I mentioned, but still not a hard case for people who want/need true protection.

Kikorin

Last week I sent my two joycons back because I had problems with range, I had problems if some object were in front of them or if I was a bit too much far from the console. First I thought it was normal, but when I tried my brother's Switch I've seen his joycons worked a lot far then mine.

Today Nintendo assistance sent my joycons back and they fixed both. I don't know what they did, but now them works perfectly even if I'm really far from the console and with all my stuff between. Assistance has been so quick and I had absolutely no problems. I advice to anyone that think to have not properly working joycons to call Nintendo and fix them, because is quick, free and after that you'll can enjoy Switch for real also in dock mode.

NimbusD

I finally got un-lazy and made accounts for Europe and Japan so I can check out their stores and download demos that the US doesn't have. But dammit, I forgot my news feed gets cluttered with news in languages I can't read. My OCD won't allow this. There should be a 'read all' button.

Is there anything I'm missing other than Puyo Puyo and Just Dance demos?

Warriors or actually XI?

Heroes I & II.

3Li4nhPl.jpg

Also, Snipperclips demo.

arimanius

It's a great pad. I found the joycons on grip servicable at best, so it was a no brainer for me.

Added benefit, assuming you only had one set of joycons, is being able to leave joycons on the tablet for quick switching away from docked mode.

I only have one set of joycons so this is a big benefit.

AbaFadi

Banned
Last week I sent my two joycons back because I had problems with range, I had problems if some object were in front of them or if I was a bit too much far from the console. First I thought it was normal, but when I tried my brother's Switch I've seen his joycons worked a lot far then mine.

Today Nintendo assistance sent my joycons back and they fixed both. I don't know what they did, but now them works perfectly even if I'm really far from the console and with all my stuff between. Assistance has been so quick and I had absolutely no problems. I advice to anyone that think to have not properly working joycons to call Nintendo and fix them, because is quick, free and after that you'll can enjoy Switch for real also in dock mode.

Did they ask you to send in the system too? I tried to send in both of my joycons but they asked me to send in my console with it.

try a small piece of electrical tape at the bottom of the rail. I had the same issue and this seemed to fix it. I'm not sure if it's the rail on my switch itself or a defect with the joy cons. I've seen people reporting both.

GunFalcon

What do you plan on purchasing for your switch next?

For me I'm planning to get:

-Waterfield case
-Graceful explosion digital
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical

SiDCrAzY

Had the same issue with my right one, around the bottom. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a free joycon replacement.

So far so good with the new one and the original left joycon has never had this issue for me.

alf717

-Waterfield case
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical

Puyo Puyo Tetris is gonna be my next pick up. I wanted to pick up more games with my Newegg bucks but I can't buy a gift card with a gift card. =/

It actually plays really good with the Joycon d-Buttons, I finished the main game completely in handheld mode and had no problems. In fact it plays waaaaay better with the d-Buttons on the joycon than the d-pad on the pro-controller.

Yagami_Sama

-Waterfield case
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris, both physical, and when my pro controller arrives, several Neo Geo games.l

essenn

-Waterfield case
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical

- Samurai Shodown IV (and probably other Neo Geo games)
- Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap
- Pocket Rumble
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Red Joy-Cons

jonno394

-Waterfield case
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical

April for me looks like this:

-Lego City Undercover (Friday)
-Wonder Boy 3: Dragons Trap (18th) Digital
-Mario kart 8 deluxe (28th)
-Puyo Pop Tetris (28th)
-Shakedown Hawaii (if it's an April release)

I'm buying too many games and should stop as my backlog keeps growing. Now that I've stopped playing Zelda though i can attempt to start working through it.

watershed

Banned
For the first time ever, my Switch froze today. I put it to sleep yesterday night and slipped it into the dock. I just took it out now to play a bit and after it woke from sleep mode the screen was frozen and none of the inputs worked. I ended up holding down the power button to force shut down the system. Scary moment but it's back to normal now.

kevin1025

Banned

-Waterfield case
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical

I just bought the Pro controller! So nothing for me till Mario Kart. But I'll be picking up Graceful Explosion Machine and Shakedown: Hawaii soon enough, too!

VanWinkle

So do I have any options for my left Joy-Con? I get so sick of it messing up every single time I play a game docked. I play four feet away from the docked Switch.

BraXzy

I don't think there is a greater thing in life than playing Zelda on my lunch break at work with the Switch on my case's stand using the JoyCons free-hand.

Absolute bliss.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
MK8 Deluxe digital will be my next purchase.

Slightly tempted by Puyo Puyo Tetris, but I never stick with puzzle games so it's not worth $40 to me. Also no time since MK8 will eat up my time for a while, so maybe I'll get it if it's cheaper down the road.

All set on cases, accessories, SD card, charger etc. now.

jts

...hate me...
I read about but honestly it's enough for me. I just need scratch protection to toss it in a backpack. And it's in my opinion the best looking case. Always had a thing for the "official" cases anyway. Same goes for phone, etc.

-Waterfield case
-MK 8 Deluxe Physical
-Puyo Puyo Physical
-Switch official case (if it ever comes back!)
-Snipperclips
-Snake Pass
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (eShop)

That's it for this month.

Holding out on Snipperclips and Snake Pass because Zelda still takes so much of my time. If I'm not going to play them yet I might as well wait until I am. MK8D will come regardless of how Zelda is going, though. Need a showcase multiplayer game.

ParityBit

So I noticed they mentioned Xenoblade 2. I never played any because I never owned a Wii U.

Any one know if they plan on releasing the first on the Switch?

So I noticed they mentioned Xenoblade 2. I never played any because I never owned a Wii U.

Any one know if they plan on releasing the first on the Switch?

Monolithsoft have explicitly said they are not bringing it to Switch. Then again that doesn't rule out Grezzo or some other company getting contracted to do so. I would love to see it personally, despite already owning XB and XBX.

Xdrive05

Do we have a file size (install size) for Mario Kart 8D yet? Can't decide between digital or physical.

I bought​ a physical Zelda copy, so maybe digital Mario Kart makes more sense right now, as I wouldn't have to manage taking and swapping game cards just yet. I can keep Zelda in the bay and have both games.

Then again in a far flung dystopian future where the Switch eShop is no longer online, it'd be nice to have physical Mario Kart media to have the game forever...

Do we have a file size (install size) for Mario Kart 8D yet? Can't decide between digital or physical.

I bought​ a physical Zelda copy, so maybe digital Mario Kart makes more sense right now, as I wouldn't have to manage taking and swapping game cards just yet. I can keep Zelda in the bay and have both games.

Then again in a far flung dystopian future where the Switch eShop is no longer online, it'd be nice to have physical Mario Kart media to have the game forever...

I am going digital on Mario Kart. I regretted not doing so on the U. It's just a perfect game to pick up the Switch and boot up. I know it doesn't take much effort at all to change a cart out but I just love the idea of having it ready to go that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom