• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeganay

Neo Member
I made a thread about it.
The battery indicator is inaccurate and all over the place for many users.
More likely than not, the battery length is fine but the indicator is fucked.
Hopefully this can be fixed in an update but I know shit about issues like this.

Thank you for the reply, good to know I am not the only one experiencing this!

icespide

Banned
got my blue joycons wooo:

MWMYyzy.jpg

GenG3000

I have been incurring similar issues as well and it would be nice to get some further feedback. Additionally even when I power down the Switch and turn it off and turn it on some hours later, the battery level drops to around 80%.
Any one else experiencing any similar issues to ours?

I had exactly this problem. I think it was a badly calibrated battery issue.

After two full discharge cycles it's fixed. It used to go from 100% to 1% in 1 hour and then stayed 1 and a half hour at 1%. Now it takes around 2 hours to do the same.

Happened to me two days ago. I freaked out for a sec because my console had no issues up to that point, but then I just pressed the little sync button on the inside edge of the joycon and all was well.

Yeah that worked for me too. Just not sure why it's happened a couple times.

twisted89

Sent my joycon in for repair, took them a whole 7 days just to acknowledge they had the damn thing. Not impressed considering they sold me broken hardware in the first place.

Sent my joycon in for repair, took them a whole 7 days just to acknowledge they had the damn thing. Not impressed considering they sold me broken hardware in the first place.

damn bad luck, I heard about other people receiving replacements two days after shipping theirs out.

I shipped out my blue left Joycon for repair yesterday and UPS took it to the wrong state. I'm in NY and the delivery address was NY, but somehow my Joycon ended up in Kentucky. smh

People who sent in your joycons for repair, don't forget to call Nintendo and ask them to escalate your call to a manager. Ask for compensation and they'll offer you your choice of game codes between Zelda, Snipperclips and 1,2 Switch.

So you think such a warped console case isn't worth the fuzz? No one can tell me how this develops further down the line besides it's odd looking. If my Switch gets a defect because of this heck even just a crack in its case while my guarantee has ended what then?

I simply cannot accept such a faulty device in 2017 and for a price of 330€.

So no one else here on GAF with the same issue? Do you send your unit in? Yes? No? Thoughts?

Yes, I contacted NoA. I am losing my saves for Zelda, but don't care. I opted to have them advance replace the system. They are sent a NEW system, for the $299.00 cost, using 2 day air. I send back the warped one and they refund that cost, less return shipping - when they receive it back. The other option was a repair or replacement and a replacement, would be a re manufactured not refurbished, according to the rep. I stated I bought a new system and want a new one back.

Iced

People who sent in your joycons for repair, don't forget to call Nintendo and ask them to escalate your call to a manager. Ask for compensation and they'll offer you your choice of game codes between Zelda, Snipperclips and 1,2 Switch.

This seems too good to be true. Where did you find out about this?

Vena

Yes, I contacted NoA. I am losing my saves for Zelda, but don't care. I opted to have them advance replace the system. They are sent a NEW system, for the $299.00 cost, using 2 day air. I send back the warped one and they refund that cost, less return shipping - when they receive it back. The other option was a repair or replacement and a replacement, would be a re manufactured not refurbished, according to the rep. I stated I bought a new system and want a new one back.

That's odd, even in this case, they usually transfer your saves over anyway.

VPhys

Is there any solution (aside from buying a 2nd controller) for the broken joycon that wont leave you without a system for a week. Right now mine has serious issues but I don't want to be zelda less for an extended period of time.

So the Gamestop site is still displaying the promotion of trading in a Wii U for $200 towards a Switch. Since you can't pre-order a Switch, how does that work?

Sounds like they're sending him a new one before he sends them the old one, so not possible.
backflip10019 said:
Sandisk 128GB microSD cards are on sale on Amazon today for $33. Is that a good deal?
Probably about as good as legit 128GB cards have yet been.

Tubie

It finally arrived!

fWpgkfg.jpg

I have to say this thing feels really good, it has a premium feel to it.

And now I see why people were saying this controller feels better to hold than the PS4 and XB360 controllers.

The 40 hour battery life is just the cherry on top.

twisted89

Is there any solution (aside from buying a 2nd controller) for the broken joycon that wont leave you without a system for a week. Right now mine has serious issues but I don't want to be zelda less for an extended period of time.

I'd already bought a second set to play Co-op lego city so not the end of the world but annoyed none the less I'm stuck with single player for over a week!

Seems a total hit or miss how quickly your repair gets dealt with, I'm in the UK so maybe US are quicker.

newsguy

Well, I finally found a replacement for my launch unit. My Switch's screen had a dark line going across the lower third of it. It also had some weird battery issues. After calling Nintendo and them telling me that they could possibly deem the line issue as not faulty, I've been looking for a new unit. I finally found one at wal mart today. The experience was nothing short of shady. 3 people saying they didn't have it and 1 manager later, they pulled the new unit from the back. I knew they had it, but I have a feeling the employees at this particular wal mart are up to some shady business and hiding them. Luckily I'm an elite plus member at Best Buy, and I had 45 days to return my defective unit, so that wasn't an issue.

That electric tape trick to prevent screen-scratch is some shit. Applied two strips in the dock and they smeared twin black track marks on the display that only wd40 could remove. Luckily I had some.

Ushay

I am this close to pulling the trigger on Switch with Zelda (UK), would you guys say now is a good time to jump in. Considering this will be a second device ie for my son.

I used to be a fan of the Metroid series a while ago too, is that game in production at all?

I am this close to pulling the trigger on Switch with Zelda (UK), would you guys say now is a good time to jump in. Considering this will be a second device ie for my son.

I used to be a fan of the Metroid series a while ago too, is that game in production at all?

Yeah, Federation Force came out not too long ago.

Persona7

Banned
So the Gamestop site is still displaying the promotion of trading in a Wii U for $200 towards a Switch. Since you can't pre-order a Switch, how does that work?

They have to be in stock which isn't going to happen because gamestop gets very few of them compared to bigger stores.

branny

Out of all the current Joy-Con configurations, I might be preferring reverse neon the most. Is this a lefty thing? Do white ABXY letters look nicer with blue? 🤔

Regular neon would be second, and gray/gray would be third (IMO). For some reason, blue/blue and red/red are kinda blah to me, and I think mixing gray with either neon doesn't quite work.

I made a thread about it.
The battery indicator is inaccurate and all over the place for many users.
More likely than not, the battery length is fine but the indicator is fucked.
Hopefully this can be fixed in an update but I know shit about issues like this.

I believe this is correct. It's just the battery reading that's messed up not a hardware related issue of the battery. Didn't know there was a thread about it, but I've read similar issues on the Nintendo forum as well.

This only happened about a week or so ago and I've had my switch since launch, so it might be a bug from one of the firmware updates.

I hope Nintendo acknowledges this and posts a fix soon.

I don't see how they could?

In my pics, my Switch was bending or already bent. I don't know, other than its bent.

I called NoA, who pleasantly offered that I send the system for repair. I asked, if they cannot repair what happens? The rep stated I would receive a remanufactured version. Basically a nicer way of saying refurbished, with some new parts.

I declined.

I asked for advance replacement instead. What that means:

They are sending me a completely NEW neon Swtich, which is already on its way via 2 day air. It cost me $299.00 for this option. I will receive new Switch and I then send them my bent Switch. When they receive bent Switch (must be within 30 days), they then begin their process of reimbursing me back my $299.00 (less shipping mine to Nintendo).
If they don't receive my old Switch, they keep the $299.00.

I realize I will lose my saves; but I did not want someone else's former problem Switch - when I bought it New on 3/3.

Hopefully this one won't have a curve lol

I don't see how they could?

In my pics, my Switch was bending or already bent. I don't know, other than its bent.

I called NoA, who pleasantly offered that I send the system for repair. I asked, if they cannot repair what happens? The rep stated I would receive a remanufactured version. Basically a nicer way of saying refurbished, with some new parts.

I declined.

I asked for advance replacement instead. What that means:

They are sending me a completely NEW neon Swtich, which is already on its way via 2 day air. It cost me $299.00 for this option. I will receive new Switch and I then send them my bent Switch. When they receive bent Switch (must be within 30 days), they then begin their process of reimbursing me back my $299.00 (less shipping mine to Nintendo).
If they don't receive my old Switch, they keep the $299.00.

I realize I will lose my saves; but I did not want someone else's former problem Switch - when I bought it New on 3/3.

Hopefully this one won't have a curve lol
At this point, a refurbished one is a new unit. You would have been fine.

Felensis

Banned

That what I was wondering about, too. I've contacted Nintendo EU and unless the electronics / internal memory isn't damaged, they can transfer your saves. No way I would give up my 100hrs+ save of Zelda °_°

Meesh

So Bayo 1 and 2 on WiiU, Bayo 1 on PC, anyone see a Bayo collection hitting Switch? Just curious as I'm hopeful :)

Does anyone know how you do local multiplayer with multiple switch consoles? My kids want to play Lego City undercover together, but splitscreen in tablet mode is tiny!

Seik

Banned
Does anyone know how you do local multiplayer with multiple switch consoles? My kids want to play Lego City undercover together, but splitscreen in tablet mode is tiny!

Lego City doesn't do 'local' multi, only split screen, unfortunately.

It would've been great though and probably would eliminate the lag caused by running the game twice on a same console.

GravyButt

Just found a nintendo eshop card sitting under my keyboard printed out. I know its not used as its written unused on it (ill write down thats its used and put it in a binder) and I was wondering if I can use that on the switch? The picture on it shows mario and says 3ds and wii u (i know its a a bit old before switch launch so thats probably why)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom