• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found a nintendo eshop card sitting under my keyboard printed out. I know its not used as its written unused on it (ill write down thats its used and put it in a binder) and I was wondering if I can use that on the switch? The picture on it shows mario and says 3ds and wii u (i know its a a bit old before switch launch so thats probably why)

Thanks!

Yeah should be no problem at all. I bought some of the Wii U and 3DS cards when the console launched. Worked fine.

taparoo

Out of all the current Joy-Con configurations, I might be preferring reverse neon the most. Is this a lefty thing? Do white ABXY letters look nicer with blue? 🤔

Regular neon would be second, and gray/gray would be third (IMO). For some reason, blue/blue and red/red are kinda blah to me, and I think mixing gray with either neon doesn't quite work.

I feel the same way about the reverse color scheme. I'm not a lefty but when looking at my switch, I always look at the left joycon first. I like the neon red there, it is an impactful color and then I glance over to the cooler blue on the and it sort of balances it out. I don't know, maybe l'm crazy.

PSFan

It would be nice if Nintendo gave us detailed patch notes.

According to this thread, they patched an exploit that let you retrieve infinite arrows from aggro'd mounted archer Bakoblins.

That sounds like a waste of time. So what if there's an exploit for retrieving arrows? They aren't hard to come by normally for free. I find them all over the place or retrieve ones I shoot.

Macka

Fuck. Just turned on my Switch in handheld mode and the screen is 'flickering' really badly. Like there's something wrong with the backlight.

First I've noticed it since launch. :/ Whoa just saw a darker screen. Definitely a new issue.

zigg

That electric tape trick to prevent screen-scratch is some shit. Applied two strips in the dock and they smeared twin black track marks on the display that only wd40 could remove. Luckily I had some.
Been working a treat for me for the past couple weeks *shrugs*
Yeah, same. The only marks on my screen are from the rubber in the dock, and that's cleanable with just a cloth if I care to.

I don't have a super-bent dock though.

Fuck. Just turned on my Switch in handheld mode and the screen is 'flickering' really badly. Like there's something wrong with the backlight.

First I've noticed it since launch. :/ Whoa just saw a darker screen. Definitely a new issue.
Definitely sounds like the backlight going out. Send it in.

Protein

Banned
Sent my bent dock in for repair and they sent it back "repaired". It was the same dock or another bent dock. Oh well. How long is the default warranty?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Sent my bent dock in for repair and they sent it back "repaired". It was the same dock or another bent dock. Oh well. How long is the default warranty?

a year?

my dock is slightly bent inwards but don't care. i like that it holds the switch in more firmly. the screen is already slightly scuffed but it's only on the bezels and i'll be getting a screen protector soon anyway.

Otnopolit

I was pushing up on my left blue Joycon when powering the system on and off while on the go, so I wore down the latch mechanism. Traded it in for a grey left one, and I like the grey and red look, it's kinda NES like. :) I didn't need to, but I wanted the piece of mind since it just wasn't locking very tightly when sliding it on.

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find it. I want to use my Nintendo Pro Controller charging cable to charge my Switch on the go. What usb to plug adapter do I need for this to work? Would the one that comes with my iPad work?

Iced

Out of all the current Joy-Con configurations, I might be preferring reverse neon the most. Is this a lefty thing? Do white ABXY letters look nicer with blue? 🤔

Regular neon would be second, and gray/gray would be third (IMO). For some reason, blue/blue and red/red are kinda blah to me, and I think mixing gray with either neon doesn't quite work.

100% agree. At first I thought it looked wrong, but that's because I had been drooling over the neon Switch console for so long. The red joycon is almost distractingly bright, so it's nice to have the softer blue neon with the ABXY buttons.

Before buying a Switch, I envisioned myself selling the grey joycons on Kijiji and buying a set of blue neons and a set of red neons, so that I could have the "true" neon Switch look as well as the reverse. But now I like having the greys around for playing on the go. Doesn't call as much attention to the system. I live in a big city and take public transit, so I want it to be as discrete as possible when I'm out in the wild. Neons are for home.

Mega

Banned
I don't play the Switch in public transit. Bright Joycons, large bright screen, console graphics. It draws too much attention to itself for comfort and safety.

I wish, I have the both on the Wii U, but I can't be bothered to boot this console up.

Same. I could have cleared out my entire Wii U backlog with the time I spent playing Switch handheld in the first month, but I don't like booting up the Wii U and hate the Gamepad.

I'm not bothered whether it's red/blue or blue/red, but I do agree that blue/blue and red/red feels a little bland. I own the reverse Neon Joycon set and thought I would end up mixing-matching, playing blue/blue, etc... but I greatly prefer the stock Neon color mix.

I played mine (neon) on the train over the weekend and my boyfriend said the people opposite us on the train were talking about it.

I couldn't hear them because I had my headphones on :p

Assuming you can get your Joy-Cons to connect to your PC with Bluetooth in the first place, this X360CE file will help in using Joy-Cons L & R together as an Xinput controller. Biggest downside is lack of proper analog--not just in the trigger, but it seems by default PC treats the analog sticks as just 8-way directional controls.

Menitta

I got the zelda starter case thing because that case is fucking classy:

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGAAXMG7INoggQhVqhN1X1N2r3gB3m8-6zG5O1Sk7wNGl8DqsKK_cqm3M7ap5drGFB2TVXM5R3yrg8EmESD4m751PyUN4OIcbRkoYQgxbJOjj37xmM98fv7Yh0g.00o_EAYDqZKQjlGFLsOWQl1nqmc

But if you want this case for the extra shit (headphones, screen protector, joycon cases, etc.) don't they're all awful.

Now that I have a case I'm thinking to myself I need to go somewhere but I'm on spring break and I have nothing to do!

Xamdou

I got the zelda starter case thing because that case is fucking classy:

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGAAXMG7INoggQhVqhN1X1N2r3gB3m8-6zG5O1Sk7wNGl8DqsKK_cqm3M7ap5drGFB2TVXM5R3yrg8EmESD4m751PyUN4OIcbRkoYQgxbJOjj37xmM98fv7Yh0g.00o_EAYDqZKQjlGFLsOWQl1nqmc

But if you want this case for the extra shit (headphones, screen protector, joycon cases, etc.) don't they're all awful.

Now that I have a case I'm thinking to myself I need to go somewhere but I'm on spring break and I have nothing to do!

Nice! Can you post the insides of your case? It looks very similar to the Zelda SE/CE case.

So is Lego City just really laggy? You can see it with explosions and driving etc. Dont have other games to test at the moment or is my unit defective?

How worth it is the Hori Screen Filter? (not the premium version, just the regular one)

I know the tempered glass is better but I don't really want to wait to apply the protection.

Persona7

Banned
How worth it is the Hori Screen Filter? (not the premium version, just the regular one)

I know the tempered glass is better but I don't really want to wait to apply the protection.

It's very good and easy to apply. Exactly like the old 3DS application where it has a little sticky square to get perfect alignment and then you peel off the other two sides. I definitely prefer plastic over glass as it is extremely easy to remove.

It's very good and easy to apply. Exactly like the old 3DS application where it has a little sticky square to get perfect alignment and then you peel off the other two sides. I definitely prefer plastic over glass as it is extremely easy to remove.

How about the durability and protection?

Matticers

This is probably a stupid question that I should know the answer to, but when you start a game it asks which profile is playing. If I create a new profile, will it create a whole new game save for that person? Like if I wanted someone else to be able to play their own Zelda game file without using/losing my own, if that would work or not.

This is probably a stupid question that I should know the answer to, but when you start a game it asks which profile is playing. If I create a new profile, will it create a whole new game save for that person? Like if I wanted someone else to be able to play their own Zelda game file without using/losing my own, if that would work or not.
Yep, that's exactly how it works.

Just got my repaired left joy con back from Nintendo. Works flawlessly now! I bought another set of joy cons that didnt need to be fixed but this repaired one seems to perform better on the joystick test than even the one that was already working. Nice.

Oreoleo

Just got my repaired left joy con back from Nintendo. Works flawlessly now! I bought another set of joy cons that didnt need to be fixed but this repaired one seems to perform better on the joystick test than even the one that was already working. Nice.

What did you send it in for?

gogogow

I have a questions about transferring games. I want to buy a bigger MicroSD card for the Switch. I have a very small one right now and there are a couple of games on it.

Can I just take out the current microsd card and copy all content to my PC and transfer them to the new card? Will the games work including savegames and all?

So....

My switch just bricked.

Went to go into sleep mode playing Zelda, and it's stuck on the "power options" screen. No feedback from anything.

Gonna just let its battery die out and see what happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

AaronMT86

I added a second account (Japanese) to my Switch alongside my English account. All the news when I access news is in Japanese. Is there any way to open news in English?

FX-GMC

So....

My switch just bricked.

Went to go into sleep mode playing Zelda, and it's stuck on the "power options" screen. No feedback from anything.

Gonna just let its battery die out and see what happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hold the power button down until the screen goes blank. It takes longer than you expect.

CLEEK

I love the Switch account system. So streamlined and quick.

I have my account, and ones for my wife and our two boys. We're all playing Zelda, each with our own progress. And taking screenshots whenever we do something interesting for the others to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom