• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azerare

I'm curious if anyone uses any galaxy (or in general phone) chargers with their switch. I'm going on a flight and I rather save space in my switch case by not packing the ac adapter.

F34R

GUYS !

im pulling my hair out as to what external battery bank to get for the switch.

Keep in mind these are Canadian prices

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01ISO92V2/

OR

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MQSMEEE/

I have a coupon to get the RAVPOWER for 24.99 as well

I have these:

IMG_1803.jpg

Persona7

Banned
Hey, I posted a thread about my Switch Pro controller's left stick having some issues, particularly when moving it downwards. Somebody recommended I post it in here, too. Does anyone recall if this is a common problem, or if anyone else in this thread came across this issue?

I don't recall any posts complaining about this so it is probably just a defective controller. I would start a return on amazon since they have them in stock right now and will send you a replacement immediately as long as you agree to send the item back within 30 days.

How about the durability and protection?

I use the hori protectors on my 3DS and Wii U and they have held up pretty well.

Finally got around to trying the Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker-demo.
3-starred all the demo levels in coop with my sister. What a fun game!
Disclaimer:we were stoned :D

I have never really bought JP-point cards and all that stuff before... is it hassle free?

-shadow-

So my left joy-con was send in to Nintendo last week and I just picked it up back at the store. They tested it and state that they have no problems with it and just send it back without any changes. Rather disappointed because the signal drops inputs from around four meters from my TV both in and out of the grip. Guess I'll need to send it back in myself this time and have a more detailed report about the issue. It's bizarre that they didn't just fix/replace it knowing it's a common issue...

jonno394

Finally got around to trying the Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker-demo.
3-starred all the demo levels in coop with my sister. What a fun game!
Disclaimer:we were stoned :D

I have never really bought JP-point cards and all that stuff before... is it hassle free?

Can you read Japanese? If not, how did you find playing it without understanding the language?

Haunted

old games wish list:

Dark Souls collection
Mario Galaxy collection

Do it, Nintendo.

after applying the screen protector, I've been harsher on it and it's still taking it like a beast.
where's that video of the guys throwing around a Switch and it survives fucking everything

kris.

Banned
Is anyone else having issues with Joycons staying attached to the console? Like I'll be reaching for the power button and even the slightest amount of pressure causes the left Joycon to detach without the detach button being pressed. Same with the right one. I don't remember them being this easy to detach when I got the console.

derFeef

If they release all the Souls games on Switch I am going to scream.
It's not going to happen though. Maybe that #preparetodine game is for Switch?

ParityBit

Is anyone else having issues with Joycons staying attached to the console? Like I'll be reaching for the power button and even the slightest amount of pressure causes the left Joycon to detach without the detach button being pressed. Same with the right one. I don't remember them being this easy to detach when I got the console.

I do not have this problem, but this concerns me. Any time you have moving parts ....

Lizardus

I took off the joycons last night to install screen protector and realized just how small the tablet is. Its pretty crazy that a game like Zelda is running on it.

I took off the joycons last night to install screen protector and realized just how small the tablet is. Its pretty crazy that a game like Zelda is running on it.

only about 40% of the insides are circuit boards and components also, a good half of the switch insides is just a big battery.

You could rearrange the switch parts and fit it into an ouya sized case if you tried hard enough, I expect someone at some point will mod the system and make a tv box like that.

Can you read Japanese? If not, how did you find playing it without understanding the language?

Dont know a word Japanese, but it is easy navigating the menus. Ingame is quite self-explanatory platformy-stuff.
There is a kind of story, but it doesn't really matter in these types of games imo. You can guess whats going on from the pictures anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Switch needs a really good RPG. Like a Final Fantasy 9 type game. I need something like that to play. Are there any on the horizon? I guess Disgaea 5 (despite having never played the other games in the series).

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Do any retailers carry Hori screen protectors or will I required to order online?

I tried my best to avoid the screen protector thing but I slowly feel like I'm being worn down.

wonderpug

Neo Member
Do any retailers carry Hori screen protectors or will I required to order online?

I tried my best to avoid the screen protector thing but I slowly feel like I'm being worn down.

Whatever you do, don't buy the premium Hori protector, and if you're not locked in on going Hori, get an amFilm or Orzly tempered glass protector instead.

Edit: sorry, didn't realized I missed a page on the thread where you said why you didn't want to wait for a glass one

So what would people say is the best local multilayer game right now, if there is one? Having a bit of a get together this weekend and would be cool to have a game on the new shiny hardware! Considering bomberman although it is a bit steep at £50.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what would people say is the best local multilayer game right now, if there is one? Having a bit of a get together this weekend and would be cool to have a game on the new shiny hardware! Considering bomberman although it is a bit steep at £50.

Honestly? Probably Shock Troopers. Cheap and really really fun.

As somebody who bought it day one full price, dont get bomberman

Snipperclips. Though I think it's better as a game for a couple to play together on a casual night in together, rather than a big party game. Though, I haven't actually tried the game's party modes.

Seik

Banned
I have not, no. Is it worth the purchase at full price?

I'm almost done with it.

It's good, nothing revolutionary, but it's worth the price, imo.

Expect a JRPG with a lot of winks to Chrono Trigger, but most importantly, do not expect Chrono Trigger 2 or something like that.

Glix

I have had a good experience with the one that comes as part of some set from nintendo.

It was $10 and has a microfiber, a screen protector, and stupid red plastic things to store game carts and sd cards

I have a questions about transferring games. I want to buy a bigger MicroSD card for the Switch. I have a very small one right now and there are a couple of games on it.

Can I just take out the current microsd card and copy all content to my PC and transfer them to the new card? Will the games work including savegames and all?

That's how it works on 3DS so I'd guess so.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Does anywhere have the official case in stock? I can't find it anywhere.

Vaev

Anybody else's Pro Controller come with a missing screw?

Just got this delivered today via Amazon, and noticed the left grip handle was a bit looser than the right. I barely jiggled it and it came free. I looked closer and noticed the screw at the bottom was MIA on the left side...

https://imgur.com/a/n6ldB

vl5EV5e.jpg

oiUg1sM.jpg

mxgQuxJ.jpg

0racle

Are there any external batteries that are USB C ?

This is what I want to achieve;

Have a battery and ONE semi short cable. USB to USB C for the switch and then I simply reverse it, plug into USB C in the battery and standard USB for a charger. One less cable to carry.

DagsJT

Jackbox Party Pack. Without any doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom