• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? Probably Shock Troopers. Cheap and really really fun.
Hmm that may be an option. Have Metal Slug already as a 2 player thing. Was thinking more of 3 players plus.

As somebody who bought it day one full price, dont get bomberman
That's a shame to hear. Used to love bomberman and have been on the fence about it.

Snipperclips. Though I think it's better as a game for a couple to play together on a casual night in together, rather than a big party game. Though, I haven't actually tried the game's party modes.
Yeah I have been considering that game but not for the type of weekend I have in store ;)

Jackbox Party Pack. Without any doubt.
Really? It looked kinda cheesy and overpriced from what I saw on the store. Maybe I should look into it

GDGF

Soothsayer
My girlfriend is making me buy Snipperclips. I don't really mind too much. We had a lot of fun with the demo. But it's getting in the way of my Neo Geo fix :)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Welp, my left Joycon completely died on me. There's no battery life indicator and it doesn't charge when docked. Looks like I'm gonna have to call Nintendo for repair service. Fuck.

ckfy63a

Starting to miss the accurate playtimes from the N3DS Activity Log...will enabling Parental Controls retroactively keep track of playtime from the period of launch to when I start using the app?

MAX PAYMENT

What are the best eshop games right now?

I only have zelda and snipperclips.

Anything worth it now, or should I just wait for Mario kart?

mrqs

Is there any free demos, free 2 play games or something like that for the Switch? Just got mine with Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I wanted to play Binding of Isaac but 40 bucks is way too much.

I'm going to get Shovel Knight 'cause i never got a chance to play it... But is there anything that's free?

Is there any free demos, free 2 play games or something like that for the Switch? Just got mine with Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I wanted to play Binding of Isaac but 40 bucks is way too much.

I'm going to get Shovel Knight 'cause i never got a chance to play it... But is there anything that's free?

Demos in the West;

- Just Dance 2017 (One song, depends on the region)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (two modes, single and multiplayer)
- Snipperclips (intro and a few levels)

Grab them by going to the full game, then selecting demo on the right. Puyo Puyo Tetris' demo is in the coming soon listing for the game.

CrayToes

Fucking hell. I think my Switch is broken. It's been in sleep mode overnight. This morning I take it out of it's case, turn it on and notice that the screen is flickering wildly, specifically the left side. I've done nothing but take the utmost care of it. I wouldn't mind having to send it off for repairs or a replacement from Amazon but I'm going away tomorrow and I'm also worried I'll end up losing my Zelda data.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My projector started to turn itself on over night in the past days. I remember people complaining about Switch making the TV sets changing the input automatically, so I wonder if this is related.

DagsJT

Isn't the switch version missing fibbage and drawful? Really liked those in jackbox 1 (although would have liked a family friendly option as some of the questions were a bit near the knuckle)

Yep, they all have different games or at least a variation on older games.

I'm hoping they release the older games too.

-shadow-

I have a questions about transferring games. I want to buy a bigger MicroSD card for the Switch. I have a very small one right now and there are a couple of games on it.

Can I just take out the current microsd card and copy all content to my PC and transfer them to the new card? Will the games work including savegames and all?
Yes Digital Foundry has confirmed this works exactly like on the 3DS. Just plug it in your PC and copy the contents. Will work without a hitch!

Coffinhal

Hi. My former Switch was taken back by my store after it had a problem. It was my "primary console" so I can't re-download Snipperclips, which I purchased with a code... Now I'm stuck because I need my former Switch (which I left 1 month ago) to remove it as a primary console.

Did this happen to anyone, maybe on Wii U ? Could Nintendo remove it manually or give me back my game ? (I just sent emails but I don't know if this is even

Thanks

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Been playing the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. I feel like the demo provides me with everything I would want out of this game anyway, so despite enjoying it I feel no urge to buy the game.

Fucking hell. I think my Switch is broken. It's been in sleep mode overnight. This morning I take it out of it's case, turn it on and notice that the screen is flickering wildly, specifically the left side. I've done nothing but take the utmost care of it. I wouldn't mind having to send it off for repairs or a replacement from Amazon but I'm going away tomorrow and I'm also worried I'll end up losing my Zelda data.
Have you tried charging it? Some people had their Switch screens do that when it was low on battery.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't look into returning it though.

wonderpug

Neo Member
I have not, no. Is [I am Setsuna] worth the purchase at full price?

I think I paid $40 for it on the PS4 last year, I thought it was well worth the money. It's basically a modern old-school JRPG. A little on the short side by JRPG standards, maybe 25-35 hours, but for me that was a positive feature.

Cepheus

I just bought Jackbox and it's well worth the money. The only annoying thing was that it's £20.03 on the UK Eshop, but as far as I could see you can only add funds to your account in blocks of £10, so because it was 3p over £20 I had to put £30 on my account to buy it.

Also, I went to play the Puyo demo today and my Switch has frozen on the black loading screen with the white Switch logo in the bottom right corner. The logo animation is playing on repeat as if something's loading but it's been stuck like it for an hour now. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just bought Jackbox and it's well worth the money. The only annoying thing was that it's £20.03 on the UK Eshop, but as far as I could see you can only add funds to your account in blocks of £10, so because it was 3p over £20 I had to put £30 on my account to buy it.

Also, I went to play the Puyo demo today and my Switch has frozen on the black loading screen with the white Switch logo in the bottom right corner. The logo animation is playing on repeat as if something's loading but it's been stuck like it for an hour now. Has anyone else had this problem?
An hour? You didn't try to restart the system?

Pro-tip: you don't have to add funds to your account before you select a title and start the purchase process. When you buy a game without the available funds, the eShop should give you the option to add funds equal to the purchase price.

FinalAres

My one issue with the Switch is that the Ui looks like a handheld UI.

I play this as a console primarily,and I totally buy into the idea of it being a hybrid rather than a handheld with hdmi out.

So how come the Ui is so big on my TV. I feel like everything should be shrunk down in console mode. I don't want the idea of it being a handheld and a console slightly tainted by the fact that the UI is clearly a handheld UI

People talked about a possible patch toml make the home menu 1080. Is that at all feasible?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Family friendly?

Cepheus

Press and hold the power button for approx. 15 sec. It forces the switch to shut down.

Thank you! I just tried this and it works now.

Pro-tip: you don't have to add funds to your account before you select a title and start the purchase process. When you buy a game without the available funds, the eShop should give you the option to add funds equal to the purchase price.

If only I had known that beforehand... Ah well. I can just buy a NeoGeo game or something with the remaining funds.

Edit: I just bought Samurai Shodown 4. It looks great.

Family friendly?

Hmm... It's rated 12+ on the UK Eshop for bad language and sexual references. I don't think I've noticed too much of it in game, but maybe it might not be suitable for young children. I had one question last night on one of the games about something to do with sex education, but that was the only one like it, so ymmv.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I really hope nintendo come out with a portable TV out adapter. At my folks over Easter and would have been great for snipperclips, bomberman and maybe jackbox. I'd be ok with something that has a USB plug to go into the switch, and a HDMI socket on it, and then plays games at handheld resolution. Perhaps with an extra USB socket for an AC adapter so it can charge and run at TV resolution.

If you could pick one new geo game that isn't metal slug or golf (which I already have) - which would it be. Alpha mission good?

zigg

I really hope nintendo come out with a portable TV out adapter. At my folks over Easter and would have been great for snipperclips, bomberman and maybe jackbox. I'd be ok with something that has a USB plug to go into the switch, and a HDMI socket on it, and then plays games at handheld resolution. Perhaps with an extra USB socket for an AC adapter so it can charge and run at TV resolution.
Looking at a dock teardown, it shouldn't be difficult to make one, actually—just repack the guts into a project box. But it wouldn't be cheap, given the dock price…

So how come the Ui is so big on my TV. I feel like everything should be shrunk down in console mode. I don't want the idea of it being a handheld and a console slightly tainted by the fact that the UI is clearly a handheld UI

People talked about a possible patch toml make the home menu 1080. Is that at all feasible?
It's feasible they'd make the menu render in 1080 rather than 720, but I don't see them automatically shrinking what's presented, when the goal seems to be making what's seen on TV and on the tablet screen as close as possible, rather than drawing attention to the differences.

jonno394

So, do we think it's safe to say that Shakedown Hawaii won't be making it's April release? That would be the second game from the Nindie Direct to not release by the targeted date in the video.

Vexii

I decided to go for a pair of the coloured Neon Joy-Con but it seems that they're an early batch affected by the left Joy-Con signal issue.

Fairly heartbroken, especially because trying to replicate the issue at the store in bought them in doesn't show the problem, meanwhile I'm trying to play Breath of the Wild right now from ~2 meters away and Link is out of control.

Next step is to try contacting Nintendo tomorrow to see if I can arrange a repair. At least this way I'll know for sure that the issue will be solved.

Has anyone here had any experience with Nintendo's repair process? Was it fairly painless?

Edit: I'm in the UK, for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom