• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodine1231

I decided to take the Switch with Zelda to the gym today and play while doing some cardio on the elliptical. Game changer. I usually dread doing cardio (prefer to lift) but damn that 60 minutes went by so fast! I used the joycons in each hand and set the resistance super high and the time just melted by. I found it easier to control this way than using it connected to the screen too,pressing the plus and minus buttons as well as switching weapons felt much better than attached because you are supporting the screen,much like using the Wii-mote and nunchuck.

I also took the Switch to the Spurs/Pelicans game last night and my friend had a blast in the backseat playing Snipperclips.

So far I'm loving the versatility of this system!

zroid

Banned
the Switch shoebox is a great place to stash controllers, I've realized. Even in separate compartments using the cardboard which was already in the box!

C6HFbZbWUAAciLT.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For a $70 controller,i wish it's something like the lunar White or forza 6 controller for Xbox one,the only Xbox controller that has rubber grip beside the elite,though the forza/lunar has only back rubber grip,not like full rubber grip like the elite.

$/€70 is definitely on the expensive side for a regular controller, but it feels great. Very comfortable to hold, big buttons, great d-pad and sticks.

Coffinhal

Anyone else fells like one of his joy-con is not correctly fit when linked to the Switch ?

My right joy-con doesn't feel properly attached. It clicked and everything it moves a little to much imo when I slightly move it on the z axis. The left joy-con does it too but way less. It's sometimes noticeable when playing : the gap is bigger between the tablet and the right-joy con when moving it.

I used the straps a few times and there are hard to withdraw, but I checked the mechanisms and they don't seem to be broken at all.

I'm getting paranoid with all these launch issues haha. But it's still weird.

bumpkin

A local retailer near me said they'll have a new shipment of fifteen Switches in tomorrow at 10AM.

Is two hours before opening too late a time to arrive?
It depends how much demand you think there will be.

I got to my local Best Buy 90 minutes before midnight on Friday without a preorder and got a console. They got a pretty sizable allotment though from what I've been told; something like 150 extras after preorders were covered.

Are the Joy‑Con Wrist Straps hard to take off the Joy‑Cons for anyone else? I felt I had to use a lot of force to take them off.

DjRalford

The LAN adapter I bought off amazon doesn't work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NOP70EC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is the official adapter from hori the only one that works?

Others work, i went through reviews on Amazon UK to find one and found people had sucessfully used this one.

UGREEN Gigabit Network Adapter USB 3.0 to RJ45 Ethernet Lan Adapter 10/100/1000Mbps Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.5 to 10.10 ,10.11 El Capitan, Linux, Chrome OS (Black)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MYTSN18/

I think it would be a good idea to have "performance levels" on the back of the box or when you buy a download game. From 1-5.

So something like shovel Knight might have a level 2, and you would expect 5 hours of battery for example.

Zelda would be a level 5 that has the reported 2 hours, and something like NES virtual console would be level 1 usage.

They must be doing this on an OS level anyway to have variable battery life for different games. It's not like you can have fluctuating CPU and memory speed, it has to be set at a certain level per game.

mugwhump

What's the minimum wattage needed to run the switch? I'm wondering if I can just buy a USB-C cable and use it with my microusb 2A phone charger or 2.1A power bank.

Zedark

What's the minimum wattage needed to run the switch? I'm wondering if I can just buy a USB-C cable and use it with my microusb 2A phone charger or 2.1A power bank.
It works with that wattage, though, while playing Zelda, it charges the system at a snail's pace

Coffinhal

Anyone else fells like one of his joy-con is not correctly fit when linked to the Switch ?

My right joy-con doesn't feel properly attached. It clicked and everything it moves a little to much imo when I slightly move it on the z axis. The left joy-con does it too but way less. It's sometimes noticeable when playing : the gap is bigger between the tablet and the right-joy con when moving it.

I used the straps a few times and there are hard to withdraw, but I checked the mechanisms and they don't seem to be broken at all.

I'm getting paranoid with all these launch issues haha. But it's still weird.

Found a reddit thread, it happens to other people too, left or right joy-con
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...oes_anyone_else_have_a_loose_fitting_joycon/i

Ok, weird question:

I have a grey switch now, but its the one Im giving to a friend later when I get my Neon one on monday. If I set this one up to use the eshop with my account and everything, will I be able to transfer over the games I buy to my new switch, and delete everything off of this one easily? I dont mind if I lose saves, but I dont want to rebuy games, haha.

I would just swap out the Joy-Cons when my neon ones get here, but if either of us have issues with the actual consoles itll be a pain to get them fixed since the serial numbers wont match.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It isn't as confortable as wiimote+nunchunck though

The weird thing to me is that since they are so small and light it kind of feels like I'm not holding anything lol.

Docked my Switch for the first time like an hour ago. Also tried to replicate the lag people are talking about and everything works just fine.

Guess I got lucky?

Compsiox

Banned
Tetris has never been more fun.

PuyoPuyo Tetris

I love the mode where it switches between two rounds of different kinds of tetris.

sleepnaught

Any list of Switch games that are coming by release date month? Curious to see whats coming later this month and April. Loving my Switch, but want more games.

Sargon

Does anyone know the charging requirements for the Pro Controller? I thought any old USB-A port would work for charging it, but I have an old USB hub that I have used for my Wii U and it doesn't seem to do anything when I plug the Pro Controller into it. The charging light doesn't come on like it does when I plug the cable directly into the dock.

Anyone?

I expected the "not a dpad" to be a problem but it really isn't. I wouldn't want to play street fighter with it but it seems totally fine for 2d games and for menus.

It feels like the original PlayStation dpad but just more space between directions.

AoM

Sony advertised infamous all over the launch system as well.

And Microsoft with halo 3.

Any links to see exactly what they did?

Here, at the end of the ad, they had the boxes of Zelda, Arms, and Splatoon 2 side-by-side, making it seem like the latter two were out as well.

I hear a faint noise coming from every stick. Found an article that describes this:

"The control sticks make a subtle clicking noise whenever you move them outside of their deadzone that I would compare to rupturing bubble wrap."

It's quieter than that, but there's definitely a pop

Yeah, this is definitely what I'm experiencing. It's not distracting, but I do notice it on occasion.

Majine

Banned
Come to think of it, this thing has no LEDs in portable mode (I know there's one on the dock).

Coming from the original 3DS which was a goddamn christmas tree, this is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom