• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoukai

Really loving the switch. A way better launch experience to me compare to the 3DS and Wii U, I'll be honest though it's probably because Zelda being a launch title.

radcliff

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I can't get my pro controller to charge. When I connected the ac adapter to the wall and the other end to the pro controller, a little orange light went on- indicating that it was charging. I checked about an hour later and the orange light had gone out, so I assumed it was fully charged. Then when playing Zelda, a prompt kept coming up saying the controller wasn't connected. The charge indicator indicated it had no charge. Am I doing something wrong? Again, the AC adapter was plugged into the wall, and the other end of the cord connected to the pro controller.

BooJoh

First of all, not to alarm anyone, but I just had my first hard lock. I was in Snipperclips, backed out to the title screen, went to the home menu, and upon pressing the button to close the software the system locked up completely. It wouldn't accept any input from controllers or system buttons and I had to hold the power button to shut it down completely. It did still switch the display when I undocked it before powering it off though.

To anyone having trouble removing JoyCon straps, unlock the little grey lock, then do this:

nintendo-switch-strap-remove-2.gif

It feels like you're brute forcing it but it comes off way easier than if you try to push/pull from the ends.

I am thoroughly loving the system though.

Guys, some very important questions about the OS and the nature of "region free" on the Switch:

Does the OS have multiple language support? For example, would a Japanese console have an option to select English on start up?

If you had a Switch from one region, could you log in to and buy games from the eShop store of another region?

Physical carts are truly region free?

I have a Japanese switch that I set up in English and I've had no issue buying things from the US eShop.

Lizardus

Can anyone tell me if USB Ethernet adapters from Wii and WiiU work with the Switch? I am one of those plebs who will get their consoles delivered next week.

sikkinixx

While I quite enjoy the system, the Switch is portable mode is basically the Vita to me. Sure you COULD play games with it for long stretches, but the sticks aren't great, the triggers aren't great and the d-pad sucks (though in that respect the Vita has it beat).

I'd pay Nintendo $40 for a left joy-con that has a proper d-pad in lieu of those buttons.

Dartastic

I'm apparently really bad at putting on screen protectors. It immediately got hair and dirt on it when I peeled off the first adhesive side. It said I can use scotch tape to get the stuff off, but... ugh. Any advice? :(

DjRalford

I'm apparently really bad at putting on screen protectors. It immediately got hair and dirt on it when I peeled off the first adhesive side. It said I can use scotch tape to get the stuff off, but... ugh. Any advice? :(

i got some dust under my screen protector but I'm trying to ignore it. no bubbles!

I managed to put my daughters on really really well, which probably means im going to totally screw my one up on Saturday.

i got some dust under my screen protector but I'm trying to ignore it. no bubbles!

That's like me with the single dead pixel I have in my KS8000. It's off to lower right, and I try to forget it is there, but every now and then my brain is like, "WE'RE GOING TO PLAY WHERE'S WALDO WITH THAT DEAD PIXEL!" just to remind me it is there. Thanks, brain.

simtmb

Just used a micro fiber cloth (brand new fresh out of the package) on the back of the switch to give it a clean and get some dust off. Bad idea. Shined a flash light on it and now there's all scratches on the back of the switch.

Really damn frustrating. It's on the back so I guess I won't be super upset, but the console is literally a day old.

May of already been there? Mine, and a few others out the box had a few slight scratches.

watership

A few friends who have USB-C phone cables/adapters are saying their phone cables are trickle charging the Switch. Barely charging. Does this mean the switch dock and official USB-C from Nintendo are proprietary? Anyone confirm this?

Does anyone have the official switch carried g case and official charger? Does the cable and charger for?

Thanks in advance!

I saw some recommendations for Fast RMX earlier today. Is it actually a good game? I love F-Zero and WipEout so I'm interested, but while the game looked pretty and smooth it also looked a little generic in the gameplay videos I saw.

hawk2025

I'm having a fairly big amount of issues.

- the *right* Joycon is disconnecting randomly and does not sync again until I attach it.
- Small, but existent left joycon sync drops every now and then even after moving the system.
- Random switching of HDMI ports when using another device
- Awful input lag in Bomberman

It's all a bit of a mixed bag. I see no reason to play Zelda on TV mode, or any other game for that better.

TV mode feels overall like a buggy beta right now, IMO. This is a portable only for the foreseeable future for me.

Kinsei

Banned
A few friends who have USB-C phone cables/adapters are saying their phone cables are trickle charging the Switch. Barely charging. Does this mean the switch dock and official USB-C from Nintendo are proprietary? Anyone confirm this?

Does anyone have the official switch carried g case and official charger? Does the cable and charger for?

Thanks in advance!

Phone chargers aren't powerful enough. It has nothing to do with the pack in charger being proprietary, it's just stronger.

DjRalford

Yes. Is there a setting I need to change?

No, its a feature of their TV's, and a shit one at that.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/thread-id/226/page/10

I've had a similar issue with my PS4 on remote play and my PC when starting it to play on steam link, it just likes to change to the channel of the thing that just turned on, every fucking time, to stop the switch causing it to change input you need to either completely power it off, or take it off the dock, standby will have it swap your input regularly as it briefly wakes to look for updates etc.

Trevelyan

Banned
Is it possible to leave joycons on at all times and use a 2nd pair for TV mode? Tried earlier and it wouldn't pick up the ones I have in the shell, so had to swap them for the pair on the Switch itself.

kirby_fox

Banned
Wound up getting a Switch despite swearing I wouldn't...

But odd thing is going on with the eShop. I've got funds on the Wii U/3DS and I thought the wallets were shared? I logged in and the balance is sitting at $0. I should have $56 in there. Checked on my 3DS, it's still there and it's the right account too.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a glitch? Do I need to contact Nintendo customer support instead of posting on GAF?

DjRalford

Wound up getting a Switch despite swearing I wouldn't...

But odd thing is going on with the eShop. I've got funds on the Wii U/3DS and I thought the wallets were shared? I logged in and the balance is sitting at $0. I should have $56 in there. Checked on my 3DS, it's still there and it's the right account too.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a glitch? Do I need to contact Nintendo customer support instead of posting on GAF?

easiest way i remember is to log into mynintendo, goto settings, eshop settings, and merge wallets

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
My right c-button has just stopped working after pulling my Switch out of the dock. What the fuck. I just hard reset the console and nothing changed.

poutmeter

I was so ready to get a Switch day one, but it's priced around $500-550 here. It's still going out of stock so fast, despite the price.

Guess I'll have to wait until my friend finds one in stores in the US.

BFIB

Got some extended time today, and I am really, really enjoying it. Got my screen protector, and my case even arrived early so I'll be good to go for playing on my lunch breaks now. :)

Played docked, and undocked, and I gotta say, I love portable mode. I have a feeling this is how I'll end up playing the most.

radcliff

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I can't get my pro controller to charge. When I connected the ac adapter to the wall and the other end to the pro controller, a little orange light went on- indicating that it was charging. I checked about an hour later and the orange light had gone out, so I assumed it was fully charged. Then when playing Zelda, a prompt kept coming up saying the controller wasn't connected. The charge indicator indicated it had no charge. Am I doing something wrong? Again, the AC adapter was plugged into the wall, and the other end of the cord connected to the pro controller.

Anyone else with this issue?

tribal24

Banned
So got my switch today, So far its decent in terms of hardware the device looks sleek but it has a very cheap feeling to it. I noticed the joy cons do disconnect frequently hasn't been a big issue yet. I think i might be playing this in portable mode more then TV mode. I don't like the wrist strap shoulder button things Nintendo should have found a better design i think again makes it feel cheap. i love the UI though and happy its pretty plain at the end of the day this is a game console and i like that approach even though i like the apps on PS4. Need to dig into Zelda a bit but it looks gorgeous on TV mode and Handheld mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom