• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
*dies 35 times to second boss, pulls hair out*

*takes advice to use spear*

*uses spear*

*wins on second try*

A perfect end to a funny story

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Does that include all optional and side stuff etc such as Twilight and that, i can see coop making it faster too

From what i've heard, 40-45 hours for the main story, not including side quests and stuff which can take longer.

Then there's a remixed new game plus...

squidyj

I'm on your same time zone (Texas) and the preload says that the game will be playable in 1 day 9 hours 39 minutes. In other words. 11 pm on Monday
Edit: Nevermind, got it working, dunno what was happening, maybe authorizing my purchase or something.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum seems very doable only thing that could be a bit iffy is the complete all mission one depending on what it includes. Like all mission on normal? or + Twilight mission or + all mission with way of the strong.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So how important is stance switching?
It's another wrinkle. Opens things up, lets you switch to different movesets as the situation changes. Don't think it's necessary, judging from the beta. But fun to mess around with.

Depends on what you're doing. For a straight playthrough it might be not that important but if you tackle harder stuff learning to properly abuse Ki Fluxing makes stance switching a very powerful tool that people are encouraged to learn.

xuchu

Stream didin't work, sorry. I don't know why though, my internet connection was fine.

Managed to beat her in my second try with the spear, lol.

dat new weapon.

edit: I don't know what happened during that fight. Somehow I got lightning power instead of my fire power, lol.

Haha, what a happy ending. Sometimes all it takes is a break and coming back with a new strategy. You still selling btw...

You, maybe, switched out your spirit guardian?

NIN90

Why the fuck am I not seeing the option to preload with my US account?

Edit: only worked from the website. whatever

TheGentleman

Neo Member
I had auto download up. But it doesn't say that is was downloaded in my 'download' tap. The app version of it hasn't appeared on my homepage. When I go to the store it just gives me the countdown.

Did it even download? Will I be able to play tomorrow night? Never had this happen with a preorder or preload.

Had the same thing happen to me, after looking around a bit, I found the solution was to look in the library and scroll down to the 'purchased' section and find the game.
Should be under Nioh. Click and it should have an option to download/pre-load.

Hope this helps!

Seems like this game is going to bomb in Japan. YSO predictions have it opening under 40k. :[

Good console game bombs in Japan. It's not even news anymore, it's expected.

Thankfully the country is so small that it's not too relevant and we still keep getting high quality Japanese console games.

Jingo

Is there a stand out spirit? Or they are pretty much the same? I recall playing the demos using the fox??one all the time.

N° 2048

Is there a stand out spirit? Or they are pretty much the same? I recall playing the demos using the fox??one all the time.

The one that regens health with picked up 'souls' (amirita?) with Spirit > 11 is the one I went with in the Last Trial

Whoa what makes you think that? Any trophies in specific, or just all of them together? I'll look at the list now

It was just a joke, but it does seem like there's a lot of content in the game, and given the already high difficulty to begin with, I'd wager it'll take a good while to obtain the plat.

Not 300 hours though.

xuchu

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Tachibana Muneshige
remember the name.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OCXa1ROvZig

That is such a brilliant video for anyone struggling with the
Hino Enma
boss. Keeps it simple throughout the tutorial, focuses on the boss telegraphs and not going too in depth. Great for when you're learning the game and mechanics.

That's a cool way to do boss strategy videos. People should adopt that style a bit more.

Enclose

Reviews are impressive. After the Beta i thought its not worth 60$.

Now im getting a PS4 Pro and the Game in once. Fuck me. But im hyped.

Tachibana Muneshige
remember the name.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OCXa1ROvZig

That is such a brilliant video for anyone struggling with the
Hino Enma
boss. Keeps it simple throughout the tutorial, focuses on the boss telegraphs and not going too in depth. Great for when you're learning the game and mechanics.

Oh boy :D

Yeah the video is very good.

The guardian spirits are all build specific, really. Use the one that benefits your play style the most.

Personally, I recommend that everyone take a look through the ninjutsu and onmyo skill trees to add a few supplemental spells to their arsenal. It will make things significantly less difficult for you. Spirit, dexterity, and magic are all good stats to increase.

There are spells??

Top Bottom