• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

Ummm I must be missing something.

Third boss (is it the third boss?) :
Nue? He kills me with his lightning attacks before I can do anything. I don't deal enough damage (almost no damage) and my spear is pretty good

There has to be some kind of trick, right? Please don't spoil :p

edit: Okay he was easy, second try :p

BlizzKrut

Banned
Opencritic has it at 88 now....

Going to preorder this tomorrow and probably scoop up a PS4 Pro while I'm at it.

There's no doubt this puts this game as one of better scored of this year, and we're just in February, I truly think this year is going to be amazing in terms of games, just a case of waiting and seeing.

Someone got tips for the lvl70-sidequest (greater demon something)?

The moveset is easy but every attack onehits me and my npc friend dies after five seconds in combat. Seems impossible unless the fight is scripted.

I'm at mission 5 now, while having done all available sub missions + 1 Twilight mission. I'm getting through the game pretty smoothly overall, so I suggest people don't freak out over the difficulty. It is exactly as hard as your first Souls game for the 14:45h I have played. It may or may not get much harder at some point but I doubt it. Patience is Ki however.

FrankWza

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm at mission 5 now, while having done all available sub missions + 1 Twilight mission. I'm getting through the game pretty smoothly overall, so I suggest people don't freak out over the difficulty. It is exactly as hard as your first Souls game for the 14:45h I have played. It may or may not get much harder at some point but I doubt it. Patience is Ki however.

No. Stamina is Ki

Yeah except for one boss (.....^^) the difficulty is similar to Dark Souls/ Demon's Souls.

How are you guys playing early? Just getting physical copies early?

Does anyone know the time the game will unlock for play? Is it the usual 12pm eastern? on the 6th?

Oh and btw the fourth boss (third boss if you don't count the tutorial) is pretty much
Darkbeast Paarl
from Bloodborne.

Just smaller :p

edit: omg, the third area is huge....

Szadek

With a little luck my copy my might arrive a day early.
I finished all the Souls games at least twice and finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Master Ninja (as wella some other really hard games), so I should be able to handle this one as well.

So, people are playing this early, huh? Nioh any good, y'all?

I had a lot of fun with it. If you really enjoyed the public tests, you're gonna love the final product even more. The game is massive.

Yakuza 0 is the clear GOTY contender for me atm. Only games I can see beating that one out are NieR, and Persona 5.

I had a lot of fun with it. If you really enjoyed the public tests, you're gonna the final product even more. The game is massive.

Yakuza 0 is the clear GOTY contender for me atm. Only games I can see beating that one out are NieR, and Persona 5.

gWFmsaWfZ.gif

RedFury

Rewatched yojimbo this weekend. Didnt have time for seven samurai

This is on my list. Never got to see this but i hear good things
Yeah it's worth the view, there are also supernatural elements in there so it fits the criteria that OP was looking for.

kc44135

You're in the review thread dude, goto page 1.
Dude, I know what thread I'm in, and I've already read several of the reviews. I was just curious to hear impressions from folks on GAF who were playing the game, that's all.
I had a lot of fun with it. If you really enjoyed the public tests, you're gonna the final product even more. The game is massive.

Cool, can't wait to jump in. Played and loved the Alpha, Beta, and that final demo from a week or so ago. Great to hear that Team Ninja is bringing their A game again.

Top Bottom