• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

I guess I'm picking this up. The first was one of my favorite Wii games. I was really hyped to get it, but I was thinking I shouldn't buy it cause of my backlog (and my decreasing funds). I just said fuck it, I'm gonna buy it anyway. I bought the first on launch week and I'm getting this too dammit! :lol

Uh, the scorpion bit was a bit telling. "I'm seriously wondering, is this an inside joke like from the last game or what?" Really?

And yeah, that review sounds like it was pulled straight off someone's youtube channel. At least Game Trailers sounds professional.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Extollere said:
How's the first game? Can someone give an honest opinion? I've heard mixed reviews - just finished Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 so I need a new game to pick up.

It's a great 10 hour brawler that sadly has a bunch of stupid overworld tasks that soak up a lot of time. If you can just grit your teeth during the side missions, the rest is fantastic.

Do we know if you can still customise Travis' clothing in NMH2? That was one my favourite parts of the first one.

Poyunch

AceBandage said:
Yeah, IGN's video reviews are horrible about spoilers.
Anyway, good score, especially considering what he gave the original (which I think was far too low, but eh).
Well Gametrailers is worse. At least it will be here next week.

I am a bit disappointed with the marketing campaign. I thought Ubisoft would at least try since No More Heroes performed relatively well (at least for a Suda game). I'm wondering if they're just hoping to get sales from fans of the previous title and aren't even trying to reach out to new fans.

Ushojax said:
It's a great 10 hour brawler that sadly has a bunch of stupid overworld tasks that soak up a lot of time. If you can just grit your teeth during the side missions, the rest is fantastic.

Do we know if you can still customise Travis' clothing in NMH2? That was one my favourite parts of the first one.
I don't want to get into the whole behind the scenes thing but I felt the overworld stuff was necessary for the design. Personally I didn't find them that annoying. I almost relied entirely on the gas station game though. Oh and the clothing is even more customized.

ILikeFeet

Banned
8.8? Wow a full point higher. Cant wait for the game. Though i put myself on media blackout until i play, which will be a while

I was thinking on waiting on the pricedrop, since this is Ubisoft, but I got a $25 giftcard, so I guess I'll be getting this. Not really understanding the lack of promotion though. I'm not suprised at no television ads, but in this week's flyers which I got in the paper today, there was no mention of No More Heroes 2 at all. I'm assuming it'll be $54.99 in Canada, but it wasn't advertised at all. New releases: Mass Effect 2, MAG, Glory of Heracles, but nothing for NMH in Best Buy/Future Shop, Zellers, Wal-Mart and completely absent on EB Games' front page.

Reknoc

Ushojax said:

The tasks themselves weren't that bad, some of the small jobs were abit terrible, but it was more how many times you had to repeat them before you could get to the next ranked match that annoyed me.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm playing NMH right now (not in preparation for the sequel) and was considering making a LTTP thread because I'm finding I have a lot to say about it. If you look closely at it, the game has a LOT wrong with it with some parts being outright awful. Even still...I can't stop playing it? I've played several hours over the past few days and am about to face the rank 2 assassin.

Should I just post my thoughts here or keep this NMH2 only? I'm interested in how people compare it to the original.

lordoftherink said:
I was thinking on waiting on the pricedrop, since this is Ubisoft, but I got a $25 giftcard, so I guess I'll be getting this. Not really understanding the lack of promotion though. I'm not suprised at no television ads, but in this week's flyers which I got in the paper today, there was no mention of No More Heroes 2 at all. I'm assuming it'll be $54.99 in Canada, but it wasn't advertised at all. New releases: Mass Effect 2, MAG, Glory of Heracles, but nothing for NMH in Best Buy/Future Shop, Zellers, Wal-Mart and completely absent on EB Games' front page.

Because Ubisoft, like most third parties, like to send their games out to die, then cry about Wii owners not buying their games.

ICallItFutile said:
I'm playing NMH right now (not in preparation for the sequel) and was considering making a LTTP thread because I'm finding I have a lot to say about it. If you look closely at it, the game has a LOT wrong with it with some parts being outright awful. Even still...I can't stop playing it? I've played several hours over the past few days and am about to face the rank 2 assassin.

Should I just post my thoughts here or keep this NMH2 only? I'm interested in how people compare it to the original.

You can make a LTTP if you want (though, there's already been a few).
But yes, the game is spectacular in spite of its many flaws.
It has a lot of charm and just down right awesomeness.

pakkit

Banned
Why would Ubisoft change now? Just Dance is the only Wii game that needs marketing push in their perverse world

AceBandage said:
Because Ubisoft, like most third parties, like to send their games out to die, then cry about Wii owners not buying their games.
True, but not getting advertised in flyers? That's just odd. I mean, other recent Wii Ubisoft titles like that TMNT fighting game at least got listed in the weekly advert. Oh well. I will not be surprised if this sells less than the first one, or at least not much until the price drops like the first No More Heroes.

rikichi

New Launch Trailer: http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1428.../videos/noheroes2_trl_lauchtrailer_12110.html

Contains spoilers, but, i dont care. :D

also, just glad to see this boss from the original teaser trailer

2eve0c7.png

Mr. Patch

I really wish I could get this game at launch, but I have no Wii to play it on right now. I loved NMH and this is looking to be even better.

Mafro

Goddam, that trailer is incredible.

Annoyed that there's still no UK release date. I'm going to import, but MovieTyme don't seem to have it listed, which is odd. Looks like it's Video Games Plus, then.

*sigh* that's a good score....I GUESS.

But I can't help but feel the game would have scored better had it been played by someone who enjoys playing great Wii games.

Alas.

I'm super fucking psyched - It will be bliss itself to play a NMH game, where I hadn't already played it for months before release, and had seen and collected and fought everything in the game.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I just got some new banners up. The FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC banners are by SaintZ! Everybody be sure to complement him for them!

Seriously, awesome job on them.

also, LOL IGN. They still have no journalistic integrity. They already backpedaled quite a bit after the first No More Heroes' critical acclaim. I get the feeling that these guys don't know what the fuck they want in a game or even what makes a game good. That review, however positive, does not deserve to shit up the OP of this thread. It's better than that.

doomed1 said:
I just got some new banners up. The FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC banners are by SaintZ! Everybody be sure to complement him for them!.

Seriously, awesome job on them.

also, LOL IGN. They still have no journalistic integrity. They already backpedaled quite a bit after the first No More Heroes' critical acclaim. I get the feeling that these guys don't know what the fuck they want in a game or even what makes a game good. That review, however positive, does not deserve to shit up the OP of this thread. It's better than that.

Great banners, guys!

While not wallpaper-sized, I found this pretty cool NMH2 art.

2ir2quh.jpg

Bigger size here

Hiltz

Too bad Desperate Struggle won't have an awesome boxart . Grasshopper Manufacture seriously needs to consider using a different artist next time.

Hiltz said:
Too bad Desperate Struggle won't have an awesome boxart . Grasshopper Manufacture seriously needs to consider using a different artist for its games boxart design.

I hear the guy who did the cover for Mass Effect 2 is free :lol

SaintZ

Yay! I'm glad you liked the banners doomed1, it's great to see them in such an awesome thread. All those videos really made me pumped for the game, I want it now!

JSnake said:
People deal with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals... I cut off heads.
Travis has the best one liners :lol

I don't know what I'm going to play first though, NMH or TvC dammit >_<

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Agnates said:
The ign video review has way too many spoilers, don't watch it... Damnit.
I would suggest just not reading or watching anything that site puts out, but that's just me.

Oxx

Mafro said:
Goddam, that trailer is incredible.

Annoyed that there's still no UK release date. I'm going to import, but MovieTyme don't seem to have it listed, which is odd. Looks like it's Video Games Plus, then.

Us Europeans truly have a Desperate Struggle with Rising Star's scheduling priorities.

MNC

Agnates said:
The ign video review has way too many spoilers, don't watch it... Damnit.
Really? I thought it was okay. It didn't spoil anything that wasn't already spoiled on the site with art, interviews or dev diaries.

I wont read the review, but it sounds like were on the right track. As long as they fixed the oepn-world stuff, to some extent, thats all i really wanted. I cant wait to see what the story does, honestly. I have made a huge effort to dodge spoilers and only know of the 2 bosses in the launch trailer, and its gonna be all the better because of it.

EzLink

Banned
I'm so hyped for this now that I'm seriously considering playing through all of NMH 1 this weekend. I haven't played it since it came out. But do I really want to put all of that time in to it again? I have plenty of other games I should be playing... but I'm so tempted!

Top Bottom