• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Wizpig

SaintZ said:
I had to restart the game on sweet 'cause
Matt Helms
was giving me a hard time on mild. I'm lame, alright.
You could have just
used the first sword.
When I first
crossed swords/flamethrowers with him, I used my newly purchased shiny second sword, the one similar to a katana.
And yeah well, let's just say it's not effective, probably it takes 20 minutes with that.

But
with the first sword
, it's easy.

NotWii

Banned
Wizpig said:
You could have just
used the first sword.
When I first
crossed swords/flamethrowers with him, I used my newly purchased shiny second sword, the one similar to a katana.
And yeah well, let's just say it's not effective, probably it takes 20 minutes with that.

But
with the first sword
, it's easy.
WHAT?!

No wonder it took me so long with the green one :lol

PounchEnvy said:
Looking back I also hate
Cloe
. She was a big wtf? But not a good one.
Also while it's fun to play as Henry the fact that his combo is so short made me miss him less. I did feel a bit ripped off that I couldn't play more levels as him but it wasn't a big loss.
Yeah, but his projectiles and dash make up for that.

SaintZ

Wizpig said:
You could have just [spioiler]used the first sword.[/spoiler]
When I first

But
with the first sword
, it's easy.
Shit, really? I should have tried with that u.u. Anyway, I just finished the game and I think as a whole, I liked NHM2 better than the first.
Margaret's stage
was too long (parking lot from hell) and
Capt. Vladmir's
was useless; The pacing between some of the fights was odd.

Alice
reminded me a lot of Holly Summers, even in her voice. I suspected she was related to
Margaret
in some way
(both of them had their last names listed in the assassins chart, didn't they?). I found interesting how both of them wanted to be remembered and I'm intrigued by their backstory as to why they chose to become assassins since they seemed to have a nice life before.
That also makes me think about all of the other assassins, their behavior and motives... stupid game :/

And while I didn't like the last boss, I did like the ending. Yeah, NMH had a funnier, wtf ending but this time, the game had a more serious tone and I found its ending to be more deep and romantic.
I suspected about the nurse's identity because she sounded like Sylvia sans accent and in the beginning you could see Travis' wristband... but since neither of them said anything about each other, I wasn't 100% sure about that.

There's a lot going on in my mind about the game right now :lol I should have taken my time instead of trying to finish half of it in one day >___>

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
quadrax1s said:
I finished this game a few days ago and I was very disappointed in the ending. Left a sour taste in my mouth.
I thought the ending was perfectly acceptable and totally badass. What were your qualms with it?

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
CartridgeBlower said:
Anyone going to pick up the remake that launches in Japan next week?

Looking forward to hearing impressions.
It's been delayed until Aprill last I heard. Hopefully they'll fix the framerate and tearing issues.

Chairhome

PounchEnvy said:
Did anyone play this game with the Classic Controller? I wonder how it felt compared to normal setup.
I think there were some impressions earlier in the thread. I think the consensus was that it wasn't as satisfying flicking the analog stick for finishers.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
PounchEnvy said:
Did anyone play this game with the Classic Controller? I wonder how it felt compared to normal setup.
I tried it the other day. I didn't like it.

For one it requires you to push the right analog stick exactly in the direction of the arrow. If you're even a little bit off it doesn't register so I was occasionally not able to complete the finishing moves before it timed out which never happened to me when playing with remote/nunchuck.

Second, it actually uses every single button on the controller. Even the ZL and ZR buttons are used. It just felt a little too cumbersome. Playing it that way really made me appreciate the simplicity of the Wii remote's design.

Third, charging up your katana by wiggling the right analog stick just feels wrong. So wrong.

TehSw1tch

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Anyone going to pick up the remake that launches in Japan next week?

Looking forward to hearing impressions.

Like someone mentioned, that's been delayed like, almost two months.

Also, Suda has said on record he has wiped his hands of it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
VideoMan said:
I tried it the other day. I didn't like it.

For one it requires you to push the right analog stick exactly in the direction of the arrow. If you're even a little bit off it doesn't register so I was occasionally not able to complete the finishing moves before it timed out which never happened to me when playing with remote/nunchuck.

Second, it actually uses every single button on the controller. Even the ZL and ZR buttons are used. It just felt a little too cumbersome. Playing it that way really made me appreciate the simplicity of the Wii remote's design.

Third, charging up your katana by wiggling the right analog stick just feels wrong. So wrong.
Wait, motion controls are more accurate at registering input than classic controls?:lol

Wizpig

Classic Controls sucks ass.
I feel bad for the people who are going to buy the 360/Ps3 porting... so basically I'm feeling bad for myself, too.

But yeah, Wiimote controls are superior.

G.O.O.

The PS360 version may have different controls (more like a classical god of war-like). Or maybe not.

I don't think it'll be good, and I'm angry because people who never played the wii version will probably be given a bad opinion of it.

Ok, I need some help here... I've looked through multiple pages of the forum, and I'm sure it's been answered, but hell, half the replies are in spoiler black.

Anyhow, after breezing through the rest of the game, I'm completely stuck on the 2nd form of the last boss. I have no problem until I get half way through and he starts spamming that teleport attack. At that point, even at full health, he generally knocks me out, and anytime I get up, he's pulling that bullshit again. I've been playing this shit for the last 3 hours, and unless I find a working strategy, it's off to YouTube for the ending. At this point, my rage requires I shelf the game before I throw a Wii Remote through the window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Goddamn you pizza-man, goddamn you!!!

Chairhome

RedNumberFive said:
Ok, I need some help here... I've looked through multiple pages of the forum, and I'm sure it's been answered, but hell, half the replies are in spoiler black.

Anyhow, after breezing through the rest of the game, I'm completely stuck on the 2nd form of the last boss. I have no problem until I get half way through and he starts spamming that teleport attack. At that point, even at full health, he generally knocks me out, and anytime I get up, he's pulling that bullshit again. I've been playing this shit for the last 3 hours, and unless I find a working strategy, it's off to YouTube for the ending. At this point, my rage requires I shelf the game before I throw a Wii Remote through the window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Goddamn you pizza-man, goddamn you!!!
Which weapon are you using? I generally do this: run at him, do a running slash, hit him a few times but never finish the combo, then dodge roll away. Then repeat.

Chairhome said:
Which weapon are you using? I generally do this: run at him, do a running slash, hit him a few times but never finish the combo, then dodge roll away. Then repeat.

Not sure of the name of the weapon, it's the double "beam katana", so I'm not sure if that changes anything. My strategy has basically been dodge, then do the motion where you lunge the Wii Remote for a slash. So far, that seems to connect the best. My main problem is recovering from the aforementioned attack. It seems once he hits it with me, if I'm unlucky, he never lets up.

major_killjoy said:
I have to ask: Are there any Killer7 cameos. No specifics, just a 'yes' or a 'no'.

As I mentioned 2 posts above, I'm at the last boss, and so far there are no references as I can tell.

Glad you asked though, in case I missed something. Killer 7 has always been in my Top 5.

RedNumberFive said:
As I mentioned 2 posts above, I'm at the last boss, and so far there are no references as I can tell.

Glad you asked though, in case I missed something. Killer 7 has always been in my Top 5.

Thanks for the heads up, Red. : )

major_killjoy said:
Thanks for the heads up, Red. : )

No problem. I know Killer 7 has been slowly becoming a cult-classic, but I've always been a huge Suda 51 fan. One day, I'll be able to play Michigan and figure out what the hell is going on.

Poyunch

RedNumberFive said:
Not sure of the name of the weapon, it's the double "beam katana", so I'm not sure if that changes anything. My strategy has basically been dodge, then do the motion where you lunge the Wii Remote for a slash. So far, that seems to connect the best. My main problem is recovering from the aforementioned attack. It seems once he hits it with me, if I'm unlucky, he never lets up.
Are you still having trouble? I basically used the peony's low attack. It usually stuns him and does a bit of damage while also giving you a bit of range. The problem is obviously the recovery from an (missed) attack. It can be deadly if you are recovering obviously.

What I do is run up to him and wait for an attack. Then react to his attacks. Run/away dodge from his broken attacks. Dodge then attack after his punch or attack if he tries to grab me.

PounchEnvy said:
Are you still having trouble? I basically used the peony's low attack. It usually stuns him and does a bit of damage while also giving you a bit of range. The problem is obviously the recovery from an (missed) attack. It can be deadly if you are recovering obviously.

What I do is run up to him and wait for an attack. Then react to his attacks. Run/away dodge from his broken attacks. Dodge then attack after his punch or attack if he tries to grab me.

Thanks for the tips. Basically I've got what you mentioned down pat. It's just when he does the teleport attack over and over and over where I get fucked. More than anything, I'm looking for a good strategy for recovering. I've gotten the asshole down to 1 or 2 bars, but he always fucks me in the end. Sorry for the language, but 18+ hours of coding, a bottle of wine, and shitty bosses pisses me off. On that note, maybe I need a coffee, instead of a merlot.

G.O.O.

The blood berry is also quite good. The double is better against numerous weak enemies iirc.

Quick thought about the peep show

I'm not sure it happens after the game. I see it as some other plane of existence or something, pretty much like the chess game in Killer 7 for those who played it

Looking for a timeline in Suda's games isn't always the best thing to do :lol

Minamu

EatChildren said:
Huh? Its been confirmed to be hitting in April already, hasn't it?
I don't know anything about that. This is the first time I've heard of an EU release since the game was first announced. There was no release in sight whatsoever over here just a couple of weeks ago. Gamestop doesn't even have a preliminary release date.

Swittcher

Banned
Minamu said:
I don't know anything about that. This is the first time I've heard of an EU release since the game was first announced. There was no release in sight whatsoever over here just a couple of weeks ago. Gamestop doesn't even have a preliminary release date.

Rising Star said about two weeks ago, the release date was set for April, but never bothered to peg down a day.

Man, sucks so bad for EU gamers, since there seems to be alot of NMH fans over there who have to wait like, another two months.

If someone told me I had to wait two more months to play NMH games, I would have committed seppuku with a beam katana.

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
Swittcher said:
Rising Star said about two weeks ago, the release date was set for April, but never bothered to peg down a day.

Man, sucks so bad for EU gamers, since there seems to be alot of NMH fans over there who have to wait like, another two months.

If someone told me I had to wait two more months to play NMH games, I would have committed seppuku with a beam katana.

Especially because it looks like they won't be using this extra time to add anything significant, if not a couple bugfixes which don't seem to be that hard to do. But whatever.

Swittcher said:

They could always import.

G.O.O.

Sir Johnny said:
Especially because it looks like they won't be using this extra time to add anything significant, if not a couple bugfixes which don't seem to be that hard to do. But whatever.
Not even a decent box/manual ?

Posted by torisu, staff member at the Rising Star forum:

"We had a couple of extra months -ish development time and therefore the game is more polished than the US version.

I don't have any specifics to hand at present, but I'm sure more detail will emerge soon."

Along with the proper manual and (presumably) superior boxart, this isn't shaping up to be too bad a wait. :)

How can they not have any specifics about the fucking thing? This is a classic example of what pushed me into importing all those years ago. If you don't communicate why I should wait for your release of the game, I fucking won't and haven't.

Honestly its no surprise high street stores turned their back on RSG releases, their PR people must be like trying to get blood from a stone.

Sadist said:
Actually, the EU boxart is going to be different plus a full color manual.
Ugh, damn it Ubisoft.

I hope the "polishing" isn't too significant or else I guess I'll be installing homebrew on my Wii finally. :\

Minamu

Sounds awesome. what's bad with your boxarts, since they're fixing ours? Seems like a stupid thing to focus on fixing to me :lol

Wizpig

Minamu said:
Sounds awesome. what's bad with your boxarts, since they're fixing ours? Seems like a stupid thing to focus on fixing to me :lol
US Boxart is actually nice.
Instruction booklet is a fucking joke.

Top Bottom