• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

PounchEnvy said:
Characters: It's already been said and done too many times in this thread. You got a sense of characterization from both the phone calls and the conversations. I don't care if it was meant to bring focus on Travis and Sylvia (according to Destructoid) but they're both assholes. Why would I want to focus on them?

Dude, did you skip all the cutscenes in the game or something? How could you get to the end of this game and think "Travis is an asshole" unless you completely ignored every bit of story sequence

Threi

notag
Tenbatsu said:
Currently Rank 8 now. I cant seem to remember the bosses name unlike NMH. Is it just me?
I can remember all of em, but I think the reason for that is the bosses in this game don't go by monikers like in the first one.

PounchEnvy said:
I don't care if it was meant to bring focus on Travis and Sylvia (according to Destructoid) but they're both assholes. Why would I want to focus on them?
They're the main characters of the game maybe?

TehSw1tch

Banned
Yeah, that first couple of bosses are just regular joe names

Nathan Copeland
Charlie MacDonald
Matt Helms
Cloe Walsh

The other reason, is the classic whisper Grasshopper voice was not there to announce the names.

Here's a vid that has all the boss names with the whispery voice

*spoilers if you haven't beaten the game*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfeIQEVwsvk

Rovert40

Neo Member
Nose Master said:
Seriously? You don't know why people are complaining about it. How could testers have played that, and thought to themselves: "RIGHTEOUS, SHIP IT." It was mostly just annoying, not that it killed you. I fell off one of the bridges by the warehouse three times in succession. Which took you 2 minutes to get back to each time.

Oh. Well, erm, I never really had trouble there... :S Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

G.O.O.

TehSw1tch said:
That's a nice avatar !

edit : holy fuck, Million Gunman on bitter is a total cunt. Luckily, Shinobu's air combo is effective.

Swittcher

Banned
First time going through Shinobu's stages, I didn't have any problems at all with it. But the 2nd time I went through....holy shit, I was failing every jump, hard.

And the less said about my third run through with her, the better.

Mafro

Wizpig said:
Any tips for the Stamina minigame?
First stage... says to press B and Z alternately but I fail it EVERY TIME.

You need to use the analogue stick to change direction. It caught me out too.

The Hermit

TehSw1tch said:

Nathan Copeland
Charlie MacDonald
Matt Helms
Cloe Walsh

The other reason, is the classic whisper Grasshopper voice was not there to announce the names.

Here's a vid that has all the boss names with the whispery voice

*spoilers if you haven't beaten the game*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfeIQEVwsvk

155rsza.gif

oracrest

Swittcher said:
First time going through Shinobu's stages, I didn't have any problems at all with it. But the 2nd time I went through....holy shit, I was failing every jump, hard.

And the less said about my third run through with her, the better.

It's worth it to save during Shinobu's levels, so you can see the custom start screen they did for her.

:)

My friend marathoned through those levels in one sitting and missed out on it.

SaintZ

Finally got the game and it's soooo good :D

I've beaten
Nathan and Charlie
and after that, I got the fight with
Kimmy
. Crazy bitch. For some reason, I find the bosses harder compared to the first game and I haven't been able to do the darkstep in any fights. Maybe I should have replayed NMH before this game to get some practice.

Looking forward to more craziness tomorrow :D

Dascu

Tenbatsu said:
Can somebody tell me where the hell is my casual shoe? It disappeared.

Some tracks in the game are awesome.
I've heard there's a little bug in the game where some of your purchased clothing items can disappear. I think you have to buy them again if so.

SaintZ said:
Finally got the game and it's soooo good :D

I've beaten
Nathan and Charlie
and after that, I got the fight with
Kimmy
. Crazy bitch. For some reason, I find the bosses harder compared to the first game and I haven't been able to do the darkstep in any fights. Maybe I should have replayed NMH before this game to get some practice.

Looking forward to more craziness tomorrow :D
Yeah, the game's harder compared to the original. I think it assumes most players will have already played NMH1. As for the darkstep, it's still there, but the timing is different. Not quite sure when exactly you should perform the move (I think it's right before the attack would hit you). It's not quite as effective as in the first game, but it's still a good free combo opportunity.

Wizpig

Is the lack of music in some stages meant to be that way?

Like the first part
at the University when you are outside, or I think also the first part at the Graveyard.

I like it better when there's some neat music playing, and not just annoying screams. (much more annoying here than in the first game)

eXistor

I liked the game, but I liked the first one a lot more. True, Santa Destroy in the first game was shit, but I miss it in NMH2, they should have just improved it. The minigames were ok, but money is worthless in the game, I felt it had more purpose in the first game even though it was handled the same way if I recall correctly. I always felt that NMH didn't need a sequel anyway. I'm glad I played it and it was good, but I dont really need a NMH3 unless they do something new with it.

Cruceh

Banned
I quit.

I made it to the platforming and it's just so bad. I can't hit the last switch. This shouldn't be this frustrating.

Threi

notag
Cruceh said:
I quit.

I made it to the platforming and it's just so bad. I can't hit the last switch. This shouldn't be this frustrating.
why don't you try using her ranged attack.

or...blame the game, either way works.

Cruceh said:
I quit.

how to do it, just read this and continue rather than quitting:
if you're level with the target, you can lock on and hit it with her charge beam. the final switch it misleading, the platform that is level with it is not the one closest to it

Cruceh said:
I quit.

Gaffers may quit their jobs, quit their marriages, quit school...but dammit, we don't quit games.

Man the fuck up and get back to that game son!!!!

Cruceh said:
wth, she has a beam attack? :|

yeah, press and hold A. let go early and she shoots 1 "Sonic Sword" from the first game, remember? If you hold A long enough it'll start to glow (much like Travis' charge attack) and she'll fire 2 beams

Hiltz

Wizpig said:
Does she say Moe~ after her sword is all polished or is it just my imagination? :lol

She does say it. :D

By the way, if you hold down the A button while charging Shinobu's Genkoken attack, you can continue to run while the sword is glowing purple. If you let the button go when you're right next to an enemy, Shinobu will do a quick rush attack. The only time you cannot use this move is when you're on certain rised platforms (like stairs or any of the platforms in Million Gunman's stage). The game won't let you run off or jump off those platforms.

I agree that obtaining money in the game is pretty pointless beyond getting few new weapons. The majority of clothes are just dull and there's no upgradable weaponry. Thank goodnees that the 2d Mini games are optional and there's no rank fee to pay. While I love the 2D mini games, the lack of interesting things to buy with the money you earn is quite disappointing so at least the player is forced to go through it especially if they have no desire to pay anything at all.

Threi

notag
Wizpig said:
Does she say Moe~ after her sword is all polished or is it just my imagination? :lol
she says moe after everything "you have no moe!" :lol

It's because in this game she's portrayed as the wide-eyed student of travis who thinks everything he does is cool and awesome, even when it's not.

When you save with her you can hear her say "what does moe mean?" :lol

Hiltz

Threi said:

It's because in this game she's portrayed as the wide-eyed student of travis who thinks everything he does is cool and awesome, even when it's not.

I didn't know about that last part. Next time I'll have turn the volume up to hear it.

Tenbatsu

Dascu said:
I've heard there's a little bug in the game where some of your purchased clothing items can disappear. I think you have to buy them again if so.
The problem is its the default shoe and there is no way I can repurchase it :/

thefro

Beat the game tonight. I actually enjoyed the ending a lot since my expectations were low after reading the gripes about it on here.

I do agree with the theory someone posted on here that the post-credits scene in the first game takes place after NMH2. I'll have to do some analysis, but things seem to tie together quite nicely.

TehSw1tch

Banned
Threi said:

Yeah, I laughed hard at that.

Wizpig

Being European myself I would have been pissed off by Rising Star's behaviour and their Twitter announces of announces of announcing NMH 2.
Especially now that it's STILL "TBA", but "Spring/April" TBA.

So happy I imported.

Sadist

I'm reading the Rising Star forum and it seems the game will be launched late April. Apparantly they did some bug fixing as well.

Wizpig

Sadist said:
I'm reading the Rising Star forum and it seems the game will be launched late April. Apparantly they did some bug fixing as well.
Good, the game has some bugs indeed.

I was hoping for "No More Heroes 2 - Overworld edition" (would buy again), but...

Wizpig

Wizpig said:
Being European myself I would have been pissed off...
SecretBonusPoint said:
Fuck it, importing. Make me wait 2 weeks and still not even give a date, you can fuck off.

Edit: the deed is done.
This. this would have been my comment, but make it x5, because I have other friends pissed off the same way, and they will probably all import.
Seriously, Rising Star, bad move.

Let's see now... US, we have Ubisoft and NO ads whatsoever; terrible marketing, terrible package, terrible everyting.
EUR, we got Rising Twitter of announcing TBA announcements.
JP, ???

Now tell me at least ONE reason why this game will not bomb sales-wise?
Me sad :(

TehSw1tch

Banned
Wizpig said:
This. this would have been my comment, but make it x5, because I have other friends pissed off the same way, and they will probably all import.
Seriously, Rising Star, bad move.

Let's see now... US, we have Ubisoft and NO ads whatsoever; terrible marketing, terrible package, terrible everyting.
EUR, we got Rising Twitter of announcing TBA announcements.
JP, ???

Now tell me at least ONE reason why this game will not bomb sales-wise?
Me sad :(

All of those were the same factors that plagued the first one, and it ended up selling well.

Top Bottom