• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise |OT| of touching down in HD

dreamfall

Etrian Oddity said:
How so? (Use spoiler tags for those who don't wanna know, though.)

The extra boss fights are pretty amazing- I wish there was a little build up but the fights are really fun.

Usually after saving (at certain points in the game), a menu will come up to ask "Catch some Z's?" If you select yes, Travis will fall asleep on the toilet, wake up and frantically put his pants on to get ready for a dream fight. The stages are definitely different, it's just a shame that we don't have any back story on some of these amazing villains

I've been playing with the Dualshock- I tried with the Move for about two hours, and I got extremely tired. Not because of calibration issues, but because of charging the katana in its earlier stages. I think the Gamesradar review points this issue out also- for some strange reason, shaking the Move controller up an down doesn't feel responsive enough. It certainly looks like you're furiously masturbating, but it doesn't seem to work very well. On the controller, shaking to charge is much easier. And less tiresome.

Teknoman

Playing the demo now...did Travis always have a six-pack?

EDIT: Did you play the Wii version? Unless the recharge is less responsive on the move, it should use about the same force as the wiimote did (dont have a move so cant comment). I will say its missing that certain...something without motion controls.

Is it normal for Amazon to not ship orders immediately if you choose "super saver" shipping? I ordered it yesterday, but it doesn't appear that they shipped it yet.

Cheska

RadioHeadAche said:
Is it normal for Amazon to not ship orders immediately if you choose "super saver" shipping? I ordered it yesterday, but it doesn't appear that they shipped it yet.

Yes, if you're using the Free Super Saver shipping they generally like to take their time sending items out. Depending on how close you live to the actual warehouse, you may still end up getting your items within two days though.

Cheska said:
Yes, if you're using the Free Super Saver shipping they generally like to take their time sending items out. Depending on how close you live to the actual warehouse, you may still end up getting your items within two days though.

Ah, I figured that would be it. I decided to be a cheap-ass, so it's understandable that they will make me wait.

tearsofash

Got mine yesterday from amazon. Still haven't played it yet. Got some sort of preorder DLC code that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Everyone got that too right?

Can't wait to play it after some sleep, but I'm worried about my lack of navi controller.

DeVeAn

Anyone else getting the sound cutting in and out in the city? I assume it's the game but just in case would like to confirm so I can return to amazon and get it replaced.

Cheska said:
I know exactly what you mean. I had Amazon do that to me once over Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, where it was held for a week, and shipped from my nearby warehouse. After it went downhill, I just bit the bullet getting Amazon Prime. One of the best decisions I ever made.

I meant to play the NMH Paradise demo before I bought it, but it never happened. The game arrived yesterday, so I'll play sometime later.

TheApatheticOne said:
I was just curious as to if they shipped yours. I placed an order afterwards and mine is already scheduled to be delivered today (<3 Amazon Prime).

Shurs said:
I got an email from Amazon this morning saying my order has shipped.

I ordered the game on Sunday, after the price drop.

Sorry, dude.

Revolutionary said:
Yeah I don't know what happened but UPS just delivered it. Didn't get a shipped email or anything. Weird.

Crisis averted! I came home from work on Wednesday to the find the package from Amazon waiting on my doorstep. No confirmation of shipment e-mail from Amazon, or even an invoice inside the package. Definitely weird.

I have a new problem though. Has anyone experienced any issues with the DLC? I downloaded and installed the Cross Beam (?) and Motorcycle skin from PSN, but I can't find the option to select them anywhere? The option is suppose to be inside the Motel in the drawer right?

Teknoman said:
Playing the demo now...did Travis always have a six-pack?
EDIT: Did you play the Wii version? Unless the recharge is less responsive on the move, it should use about the same force as the wiimote did (dont have a move so cant comment). I will say its missing that certain...something without motion controls.

Nah Travis never had abs. The game is playable with motion but motion is how it was intended.

God's Beard said:
Yeah, dodging is definitely iffy. Plus, my game glitched and Travis got stuck in that jesus pose and got killed for free by the boss.

Dodging with the motion movements isn't fun. That's quite the bug there.

DeVeAn said:
Anyone else getting the sound cutting in and out in the city? I assume it's the game but just in case would like to confirm so I can return to amazon and get it replaced.

Oh yeah, this game has it's share of tech problems. Another red flag is how long it takes to save. Also it's nearly a 3 gb install where is the above happening? Not enough QA testing

Dead to Rights said:
Crisis averted! I came home from work on Wednesday to the find the package from Amazon waiting on my doorstep. No confirmation of shipment e-mail from Amazon, or even an invoice inside the package. Definitely weird.

I have a new problem though. Has anyone experienced any issues with the DLC? I downloaded and installed the Cross Beam (?) and Motorcycle skin from PSN, but I can't find the option to select them anywhere? The option is suppose to be inside the Motel in the drawer right?

No issues here with my Gamestop DLC. They should be in the drawer with the other stuff. If anything I would redownload them and que up the game later. Also man it's been ages since you've posted around here.

Man, I can tell already that grinding side jobs is going to be boring as shit. I think I've gotten all the collectibles scattered around the city and I'm only on rank 7 :-(

legbone

God's Beard said:
Man, I can tell already that grinding side jobs is going to be boring as shit. I think I've gotten all the collectibles scattered around the city and I'm only on rank 7 :-(

yep, the biggest complaint i heard about the wii version was how "grindy" it was. people got bored shitless collecting coconuts or whatever to "level" up so to speak. granted i have not played the game so the specifics on leveling up may be off. i think it was to get to the next assassin or whatever. i'm still waiting on my amazon order (24 clams after 10 buck credit, woohoo) so i don't know personally. i actually have a wii copy at my house but i don't feel like messing with the wii. i know, i'm a terrible person.

God's Beard said:

Yeah that it is. I'd say find a fave mission, side mission and odd job and stick to them. With this version though we have a few extra ones.

I only played the Wii version, but I found that each minigame side job only had to be done once to unlock the assassination missions, and those tended to give more money than the minigame side jobs if I'm not mistaken. So if you don't like the sidejobs, you really only need to play each one once for 3 minutes, then make the money from assassination/combat missions.

Vercimber

For whatever reason, I ordered this game some months ago from walmart.com--and they often don't give you the option of cancelling pre-orders, which I would have liked to do. So Tuesday rolls around and the game doesn't ship. As of today, it's still "Processing." My card has been charged. And I've gotten no response to customer service e-mails I've sent them. The representative on the phone says, "It should ship anytime!"

Anybody ever had this issue with them? (Needless to say, I'll never order from the again.)

RPGCrazied

Well, that demo made up my mind to just stick to the Wii version. Screen tearing, no AA whatsoever, so while it did get a graphic upgrade, I wouldn't say its for the better.

Kccitystar

Looking to get my hands on this, but does the game work with a sixaxis controller? I couldn't play the demo since I dont have a dual shock :(

EDIT: Didnt read the OP. Whoops!

dreamfall said:
The extra boss fights are pretty amazing- I wish there was a little build up but the fights are really fun.

Usually after saving (at certain points in the game), a menu will come up to ask "Catch some Z's?" If you select yes, Travis will fall asleep on the toilet, wake up and frantically put his pants on to get ready for a dream fight. The stages are definitely different, it's just a shame that we don't have any back story on some of these amazing villains

I've been playing with the Dualshock- I tried with the Move for about two hours, and I got extremely tired. Not because of calibration issues, but because of charging the katana in its earlier stages. I think the Gamesradar review points this issue out also- for some strange reason, shaking the Move controller up an down doesn't feel responsive enough. It certainly looks like you're furiously masturbating, but it doesn't seem to work very well. On the controller, shaking to charge is much easier. And less tiresome.

amazing villains? They pretty much chose the worst five from the entire series. and don't worry. Even in NMH2, except for one of the five, there's basically no backstory for them either =P

Arcblade

Banned
Also - what do you have to do to get the permissions to post a new topic?

I would have liked to start a semi-positive thread, after returning this gme.

Because for the first time in years, I had a great experience at Gamestop - when I brought the game in for trade-in, he gave me the full-price in store credit, which was really, really, fucking cool.

legbone

Arcblade said:
Also - what do you have to do to get the permissions to post a new topic?

I would have liked to start a semi-positive thread, after returning this gme.

Because for the first time in years, I had a great experience at Gamestop - when I brought the game in for trade-in, he gave me the full-price in store credit, which was really, really, fucking cool.

i think you have to be a full member.

GrayFoxPL

dreamfall said:
I've been playing with the Dualshock- I tried with the Move for about two hours, and I got extremely tired. Not because of calibration issues, but because of charging the katana in its earlier stages.

Is there an option to turn off motion sensor for the shaking and do it with a button?

Shurs

I played through the first boss fight yesterday.

There was noticeable button lag during the tutorial. I don't know if it went away as I was playing or if I just got used to it.

Would you guys not recommend this version to someone who hardly played it the first time around? It didn't hold my attention at the time but I'm very interested in revisiting it, and I don't feel like playing it in SD/digging out the Wii.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I remembered why I like this game more than NMH2. Even though I think the overworld is superbad, the second game just feels like a bunch of loosely connected vignettes.

Just hit the first boss fight. I am using that JVC surround sound adapter for headphones. The internal monologue sounds so awesome, such a cool effect. The voice over is louder than the rest of the games sounds and they are all a bit muted, definitely doesn't come across as well when just using any old speakers.

Urban Scholar said:
No issues here with my Gamestop DLC. They should be in the drawer with the other stuff. If anything I would redownload them and que up the game later. Also man it's been ages since you've posted around here.

I have tried just about every type of method to get the DLC to work (download, reinstall, delete game data, make a new save etc), and so far I've been unsuccessful. A friend of mine even gave me his Gamestop DLC code and it too does not work (nothing showing up in game). =(

Dead to Rights said:
I have tried just about every type of method to get the DLC to work (download, reinstall, delete game data, make a new save etc), and so far I've been unsuccessful. A friend of mine even gave me his Gamestop DLC code and it too does not work (nothing showing up in game). =(

hmm that's weird. Well I know I installed the game first and saved before going for the DLC.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finished the game earlier today. Really liked it. If you really didn't like the first game on the Wii, this won't change your mind, but this is definitely the best version of the original game. I played with a normal controller and it worked fine. It was a little disappointing that the game didn't clean up the Wii version's inconsistent framerate and stuff like that, but the gameplay was rock solid.

NMH2 is still better, though.

Persona7

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
They can take up to a week to send your stuff out via FSSS.

Y2Kev said:
I remembered why I like this game more than NMH2. Even though I think the overworld is superbad, the second game just feels like a bunch of loosely connected vignettes.

I didn't play NMH2 myself, but I watched a friend play through the whole thing. While I liked the style of the side-missions and removal of the overworld, I didn't find the bosses or story to be nearly as enjoyable. The story in the first game is nothing extraordinary, but it is fun and each boss felt unique and memorable with enough characterization to make them interesting. For NMH2, there were some unique bosses, but they lacked the personality that was found in the original. It had some funny moments, but I just loved some of the bizarre twists and fights from the first game which I felt the sequel lacked.

Persona7 said:
They can take up to a week to send your stuff out via FSSS.

I'm not choosing this shipping again. It's ridiculous. I don't mind waiting for something to arrive, but knowing that they're just waiting to send it when they want to is very annoying. It's not a big deal or anything, just a small inconvenience.

The Antitype said:
Seriously considering picking this up.

How does it control with the standard PS3 controller?

I've played the Wii version several times, and while it's not nearly as fun it's still very much playable. There's a pretty good demo on the PSN. It allows you to play the first mission which includes the first boss. Make sure you're playing with a dualshock 3 because it apparently cannot recognize the sixaxis controller.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did they raise the difficulty on the bosses?

I do NOT remember Dr. Peace being that hard. Playing on mild.

kiryogi

Banned
ZealousD said:
Did they raise the difficulty on the bosses?

I do NOT remember Dr. Peace being that hard. Playing on mild.

I think they added additional desperation attacks or something. At least that's what I recall being mentioned.

Giolon

The best way to grind money, if I remember correctly, is the baseball mission. It's the shortest time/money ratio.

From the GI review: "Don’t hesitate to skip right to the far superior Wii-exclusive sequel."

What's this superior sequel nonsense? NMH1 was a lot better IMO. Felt more cohesive, felt like a world (albeit a shitty world! lol).

NMH2 felt like it was trying too hard sometimes. Though it's hard to beat Margaret...

"Reaper reaper that's what people call me.
Why? 'Cuz they all die
When I sing I end their lives!
You act as though payback makes you a noble man
Is that a fact?
Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!"

Giolon said:
The best way to grind money, if I remember correctly, is the baseball mission. It's the shortest time/money ratio.
Mission 8 only takes 50 seconds and it's a block away from the mission building, so I used that.

Giolon

God's Beard said:
Mission 8 only takes 50 seconds and it's a block away from the mission building, so I used that.

I vaguely remember that too - but it doesn't open up until you've killed 8 bosses :-/

And dear god this game looks so hot in HD

2s0ipo3.jpg

Somebody pinch me!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Giolon said:
From the GI review: "Don’t hesitate to skip right to the far superior Wii-exclusive sequel."

What's this superior sequel nonsense? NMH1 was a lot better IMO. Felt more cohesive, felt like a world (albeit a shitty world! lol).

Here's the way it goes. People who didn't like the first game as it was tend to favor the second game. The people who loved the first one tend to believe the sequel wasn't as good.

Basically, the sequel has fewer flaws, but it also has fewer high points. It sanded away all the rough edges but in the process took away large chunks of high quality wood.

Top Bottom