• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2009

kaz_sends_psp800.jpg

jeremy1456 said:
I am seriously shocked at the 360 vs. PS3 numbers.

If a re-design, price drop, and absolutely huge advertising budget can't keep the PS3 on top for more than a month or two then I think third place is a lock in the North American market.
That's been a lock for a while now.

Zachack

-PXG- said:
Someone should be giving you $20 to play it.
Someone please give me $20 to play Tony Hawk: Ride.
Outselling an incredible-selling PS3 game is.
But NSMB was going to be incredible-selling as well, and the split was pretty obviously going to be huge, and given the likely front-loaded nature of PS3 sales, even going through just December should have given him the win if that's what he actually meant. I mean, I get why certain posters are desperately trying to spin Reggie's comment into letting him win by beating the PS3, but either he grossly overestimated the PS3 numbers or he actually thought that NSMB would outsell the 360 version of MW2.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
-PXG- said:
Okay, so what if it sold 113K on 360 and 1K between the other 3? That still isn't good. In that situation, there would be absolutely no revenue to compensate for the costs of putting it on those platforms. It would have been a wasted effort. Might as well make it on one platform instead.
It just says that there are lots of dumb people!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dragona Akehi said:
Alright here comes the one and only warning you're all going to get:

Anyone else who makes the claim that the 360 outsold the PS3 because of "the mass bannings" after this post is going to get a six month ban.

It's fucking ridiculous: it's the same stupid argument that PS2 sold because people kept rebuying them because they broke. So knock it off.

An aside: those MW2... that has to be at least 25% of the overall 360 userbase, no?

BAM

And 25% sell-through? That's insane!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dragona Akehi said:
Alright here comes the one and only warning you're all going to get:

Anyone else who makes the claim that the 360 outsold the PS3 because of "the mass bannings" after this post is going to get a six month ban.

It's fucking ridiculous: it's the same stupid argument that PS2 sold because people kept rebuying them because they broke. So knock it off.

My sadness. I've been making a quote wall of all the claims. =[

Damn surprised to see Dragon Ages up there in the top 10.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Adam Blade said:
>_>

<3

My logic was perfectly sound at the time :p It was quite reasonable to expect they were underperforming last year given the type of PR they put out around BF.

edit - and if you are referring solely to BF, there's not much to suggest they didn't underperform this BF vs last. In that case the rest of the month obviously compensated.

FrankT

You shall be judged.

Anyhow cannot believe anyone would quote chartz numbers. I swear I'm tired of seeing their bloated numbers every day. Their SW numbers are an absolute joke.

legend166

shinshero said:
I think I figured out how we got blindsided by the Xbox 360 numbers.
According to BF reports I think we can safely assume that the Xbox 360 was outsold by the PS3. This means that the 360 must have gotten the upperhand in the weeks beforehand. This means there was a sales spike early in November. Either because of
A) $100 Arcades

C) Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 exclusive advertising.

Nice edit!

Holy shit I don't think I've ever been more wrong with a NDP prediction. I think MS's sly silence regarding their BF performance really threw us for a loop. :lol

Sony, its been a fun ride while it lasted. You may still beat 360 WW yearly but there's clearly no hope for consistent US market dominance now...and when I say dominance I mean 'dominance-of-second-place'.

As for Nintendo...you just keep doing your thing.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So has the Modern Warfare franchise basically become the defacto console online shooter? It's pretty interesting when you consider that, back when they were both PC exclusives, Battlefield was known for its multiplayer and Call of Duty was known for its single player.

Adam Blade said:
>_>

<3
Well, to be fair, until there's more info released, it does seem as though PS3 did better for the week of Black Friday in NA. It's just that X360 did so much better over the entire month.

feel

Flyguy said:
He was a junior too.
Poor guy, if only he had refreshed before posting that.

edit- Wait, I thought he had posted about the 360 pirates and then edited it. Didn't know it was because of that site. Carry on.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Tagg7 said:
According to VG Chartz (which I know isn't super reliable), Uncharted 1 has sold 1.18 million in America and 2.5 million worldwide.

As fucking terrible as VG Chartz is, isn't banning him kind of unfair? Someone said he was a junior and there's no mention of VG Chartz in the Terms of Service.

I'm all for that being a bannable offense but how is he supposed to know it is? :\

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
MW2 my god. MY. GOD.

PSP is fucking gone, it's over.

The real story though is that a 2D PLATFORMER SOLD WELL! There is still hope!

Jonsoncao

Banned
MikeE21286 said:
can we extrapolate any type of estimates for MW2 next month based on this?
Apparently no

MW1 was selling like super hot cakes in Dec 07 also

360 MW1 did 1.57m in Nov 07 and 1.47m in Dec 07

if you follow the pattern, then u get the conclusion monster # for 360 MW2 in Dec 09? not likely

operon

Its tough for juniors, imagine avoiding the ban bullet thats was the banned xboxes and then get shot by posting ********, he should have read that ban-age thread in ot first

Somnid

Yikes I forgot it was NPD day. Epic.

I've said it once but I'll say it again: PSP is done.

Also, I'm really suprised to see MK Wii but I suppose now I won't be when NSMB shows up next November.

Jonsoncao said:
Apparently no

MW1 was selling like super hot cakes in Dec 07 also

360 MW1 did 1.57m in Nov 07 and 1.47m in Dec 07

if you follow the pattern, then u get the conclusion monster # for 360 MW2 in Dec 09? not likely

:lol wow, had no idea mw1's second month almost equaled its first

devilhawk

elrechazao said:
The reggie defense forces are sure out in force to make sure that nobody slights the man in the least. Make sure to destroy anyone who doubts his wisdom!
People who can't read are also out in force.

omg rite said:
As fucking terrible as VG Chartz is, isn't banning him kind of unfair? Someone said he was a junior and there's no mention of VG Chartz in the Terms of Service.

I'm all for that being a bannable offense but how is he supposed to know it is? :\
It's listed in the FAQ as a banned site.
Edit: Beaten, and with a nifty link.

operon

There going to have to print special billion dollars notes for Nintendo, must be hard storing all that lovely cash they deservedly are rolling in.

Luckyman said:
awkward silence by MS after Ninty and Sony boasting..

gofreak said:
I wouldn't say poorly necessarily.

I think what they've said suggests one thing so far - that it wasn't as good as last year.

harSon said:
The 360 sold 836k for the month of November last year, 440k is still damned good though, it's probably going to land the Playstation 3 somewhere around 900,000k for the month.

Culex said:
Nice to see the PS3 finally gaining some stride over the 360 now. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells about 500k more than the 360 for the month.

Also, the fact that Microsoft is the company not releasing actual figures does not bode well for this holiday season.

Kagari said:

WrikaWrek said:
Poor MS, they must be feeling like shit.

Tiduz said:
this day is off to bad start for jtyettis

Tiduz said:

Tiduz said:

Tiduz said:

Tiduz said:

:p

NeoUltima

So I'm thinking ps3 and 360 will be closer in Dec, if not Ps3 higher. 360 was able to pull strong numbers throughout November, even before the holiday shopping season started, thanks to MW2. But once the shopping season started, I believe Ps3 has been outselling it(or coming damn close). I say this, cause if MS had outsold ps3 during BF week(start of holiday shopping), they would have given hard numbers. We'll see though. If my life was on the line, I'd still have to say 360>ps3 for Dec, but not by as much as Nov.

Mithos

Gold Member
AniHawk said:
I don't really care about the quality of either game, just that the game with the huge ad campaign and months of hype being outsold by a two year port that had a shadow release would be fun to see.

There is no doubt in my mind that Modern Warfare: Reflex will outsell Conduit (I like both games though)

cvxfreak said:
I'm wondering if Darkside Chronicles continued the slide in Wii rail shooters in spite of the game's higher quality and bigger marketing push than the previous games.

Would be nice to see some numbers on Darkside Chronicles, YES..

Nobody's really talked about wii sports resort, but that 700k is just...amazing. That game has insane legs. Has it dipped below 500k in an npd since release?

Garryk

I bet that $100 Walmart gift card with an Arcade deal contributed a bit to their sales. I know several at work that bought one just for the gift card and then turned around and sold them.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Dragona Akehi said:
PS: We can read your edits.
shinshero
Banned
(Today, 07:39 PM)
Reply | Quote

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHI :lol

operon

Adam Blade said:
I laughed so much i fell off my chair. Wonder where all the gifs that were lovingly made over the last few days will happen to them now and ps. mama robotnik wheres your pic to make this a truly epic npd thread

Top Bottom