• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Fergie

Banned
Fuck I forgot about that.

And to think, people thought that price drop would let them counter Halo.

Halo is king
image.php
Indeed

orochi91

What the fuck happened? Things were just fine in September.

Going forward, I expect to see most of the big sales numbers in Nov./Dec., when all the big shopping events happen.

The rest of the year will remain tame in comparison, at least in the US.

They still have to be disappointed to market reaction after a price drop. No excuses. It wasn't long ago that the competition couldn't catch a break. SCEA's marketing just sucks all around. The price drop rollout had 0 fireworks. One of the lamest, most low key price drop rollouts. If it were for their marketing department, they would be doing much worse barring the concerted effort at launch.

Seem the $50 price cut was just to small to have any impact really .
Seem to just going to be even YOY with it in NA .

Road

PS4 bomba cut. lol

Maybe Sony will now do what they should have done a cut the full $100. I wonder how the black friday meetings are going.

XB1 bomba as well, really, for Halo month.

Consoles are truly dead.

Sent from my PC.

I think we might have conditioned the public for holiday firesales.

I actually agree with this. Any work conversation amongst us nerds that includes people still with old systems ends up being ended with " ill grab x during a sale "

I blame steam

viHuGi

Banned
Can´t wait to see how Ps4 will do on November and December with all those bundles and deals, im expecting massive numbers.

DR2K

Banned
Uncharted bombed?

Good. Maybe we are getting over HD remasters as replacements for actual new games from publishers.

Curious if halo gave XB1 the hardware lead for the month.

UC4 is coming out in a few months. This collection is hardly a replacement.

EagleEyes

Congrats to Halo 5 and Microsoft. Really would have thought that price drop for PS4 would have done better. I also thought Uncharted would do better.

arevin01

How do you figure that? I imagine Sony will sell a lot of Star Wars PS4 bundles.

Well for one, Halo. Two, Tomb Raider. 2 exclusives that cant be bought on PS4. Retails have always been more aggressive with Xbox bundles and lower pricing. PS4 even though has bundles with COD and Star Wars I dont think will be enough to top Nov and Dec.

damisa

The top selling console for October was Xbox One the NPD Group reported today.

According to a statement from Microsoft, the Xbox One saw 81 percent growth compared to October 2014. Staying on message, it said "the strength of the greatest games lineup in Xbox history," including October's top-selling game Halo 5: Guardians, helped drive "record Xbox Live" usage for the month, as well as put the console above its competitors.

Halo 5 did indeed top the charts for October, beating out multiplatform NBA 2K16 for the month. Microsoft expects its top-spot to trend forward, pointing out the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider, the high consumer demand for the Xbox Elite controller, and "the New Xbox One Experience including backward compatibility" as future drivers of hardware sales.

October saw a modest growth in console sales, up just 3% over the same period last year. However, current-gen consoles saw an increase of 12% which offset last-gen consoles, which saw a 66% tumble in sales compared to the same period last year

Not sure if I did my math right, but assuming Wii u is flat from last year results in PS4 ~223K

Dredd97

Uncharted bombed
PS4 bombed
Assured bombed

Just goes to show Assured + Xbox One is the best combo as shown by Phil Spencer last year. Sony does not how to do bundles, time to give up the 3rd party dealz!

1/10 poor effort must try harder lol

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I think ps4 performance this month can only be defined as a flop or "normal" depending on the sales next month.

If November sales of the cod/battlefront bundles explode we can assume some sales came from October (like Destiny bundle last year). If we get normal November sales, than the console bombed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stunned at Yoshi being that high. Fantastic game but wasn't expecting that at all.

Top Bottom