• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

So, what this really means is November and December NPD have become.....interesting. If we don't see a big rebound, it ain't looking pretty. I firmly believe the numbers will skyrocket over the next two months though.

Elandyll

Banned
So two years without big first party...I don't think Sony will want a third one in the same situation.

One reason imo for the "low" October turnout is that the price cut affected November bundles as well across the board, making the COOD + BF bundles pre orders / wait that much more appealing.

We will see, but I have a feeling that November PS4 sales will be monster size.

THIS.

Black Friday bundurus await.
People I know on the fence are waiting for exactly that.

Hell, most of the Halo 5 bundles I've seen are $500. Not exactly priced to move, especially for those who already paid a hundred less than that at launch to pick up a PS4.

Boke1879

Heh. Exactly. Have fun with Cream later.

But for this month, yes the hardware numbers being thrown around are not, well, great.

However, Halo isn't really a premiere franchise anymore, and AC isn't either. It happens. Star Wars, COD and Fallout, along with black Friday promotion will drive a bigger rebound than people think imo.

Gotta agree with you about COD, Fallout, and Star Wars and Black Friday doing massive numbers for both consoles.

Tulerian

If PS4 < last month, then I think the numbers are probably wrong, and NPD are desperately looking in to it. I'd be surprised at Xbox only being 304K as well.

Otherwise, no idea what's going on, as the sales on amazon etc have been strong all month. Doesn't make sense.

Guymelef

I'm starting to think that $400 million from Halo 5 "software + hardware" launch include even Youtube partner from trailers views..

FDC1

MCC was a remaster collection and it charted #3 last year. It's funny how those who said Halo 5 selling in the UK it couldn't have been digital for the reason now say digital is the reason for other games charting so low.

You didn't read the topic, we said bundles lowered Uncharted position, not digital

Obviously and you have to plan for that, marketing has to plan for that, to make the most out of it. Aka give the illusion that it's a BIG F' deal. Like MS did.

Well they have PS4 at $300 Bf so i guess that is there plan .
Nov and Dec sales are what going to be interesting .

Alo0oy

Banned
MCC was a remaster collection and it charted #3 last year. It's funny how those who said Halo 5 selling in the UK it couldn't have been digital for the reason now say digital is the reason for other games charting so low.

It charted at #10, but it did sell well at #10 regardless.

No, they're saying bundles plus digital are. A rather important distinction you conveniently forgot to take into account.

Not surprised at low PS4 numbers, if I didn't have a PS4 already I sure as hell wouldn't be buying one in October with COD/Battlefront bundles coming in November.

Xbox brought out their big guns and deservedly won the month.

Aceofspades

Banned

Uncharted was a remaster, Gears remaster didn't light the charts on fire, Halo MCC didn't either. Why were people expecting Uncharted to sell so much to begin with?

Miles X

Because it isnt. People seem to be acting like we should be seeing November like numbers. After Black Friday is when youre going to see absurd numbers.

These are very solid numbers so far

lol what? no they're not ...

305k for XB1 all things considered is low, I mean it isn't super low, it should be in the realm of 400k - 450k to be a good healthy boost.

Windforce

Tough day for Sony.

Microsoft and Nintendo team up and bring Minecraft to Wii U.
Cloud in Smash.
PS4 loses NPD to Xbone.

Pack it up Sony, it's over for PS4.

Seem the $50 price cut was just to small to have any impact really .
Seem to just going to be even YOY with it in NA .
How many people aside from say the sorts on this forum even knew about the price drop, though?

It came in the middle of the month, was kind of low-key, and most people are probably waiting for other bundles like Star Wars and COD (and several confirmed sales raps have said as such, b/c those bundles are flying off the shelves and preorders for them are huge).

But peeps wanna peep and poke holes. Let 'em try.

GeeDuhb

PS4 bomba cut. lol

Maybe Sony will now do what they should have done a cut the full $100. I wonder how the black friday meetings are going.

XB1 bomba as well, really, for Halo month.

Consoles are truly dead.

Sent from my PC.

Completely disagree with this. Honestly, if you are buying a console in October, you are silly. (I say this having bought a One last October lol...I had to get that White SSO bundle! =P ) I don't care what game came out...you can wait a month and get great deals/bundles AND deep discounts on games. When you think of it that way, 300k+ consoles is pretty impressive.

wachie

Serious post time.

Xbox One - disappointing
PS4 - disappointing
Halo 5 - ??? (probably disappointing)
HW Gap - boring
SW Gap - probably shocking

Well MS don't have any bigger game than Halo, do a win would be expected, although it seems like a slight win.

Next month and December shall be interesting.

LOL, love to hear the rational behind "not a premiere franchise anymore".

Please see posts later, from someone who likes pies.

Then come back to me with any kind of rationale on how it still is.

(Hint, this will be very hard if not impossible to do. Good luck!)

Moskalova

Wagram

Expected with the launch of Halo. The real test for them in NA (because they aren't winning WW ever) is November and December.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

What game, Uncharted collection?

If you're talking about this, people are saying that bundles might significantly change the numbers, not digital sales.

orochi91

Now I'm really looking forward to Ucharted 4 launch numbers and how much hardware it will pull.

lol what? no they're not ...

305k for XB1 all things considered is low, I mean it isn't super low, it should be in the realm of 400k - 450k to be a good healthy boost.

Halo isn't as big a draw as it used to be.

Top Bottom