• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Sad though the PS4 sales were so low despite the best game ever, Disgaea 5 being released.

Who would of thunk Disgaea wouldn't sell systems? WHO COULD OF PREDICTED THAT?!

If this was boring for him, just think of what would that mean for the meltdown worthy software sales :/

Heh. Exactly. Have fun with Cream later.

But for this month, yes the hardware numbers being thrown around are not, well, great.

However, Halo isn't really a premiere franchise anymore, and AC isn't either. It happens. Star Wars, COD and Fallout, along with black Friday promotion will drive a bigger rebound than people think imo.

Congrats to MS! I figured this month would be theirs with Halo 5. November / December are the interesting months in my mind.

Also excited that RB4 actually charted! (I am 1 of those! haha)

Also I REALLY wish we could get some numbers about Digital copies. I feel like every month we move forward these numbers are less and less relevant.

Dredd97

Well for one, Halo. Two, Tomb Raider. 2 exclusives that cant be bought on PS4. Retails have always been more aggressive with Xbox bundles and lower pricing. PS4 even though has bundles with COD and Star Wars I dont think will be enough to top Nov and Dec.

tomb raider won't be top of the NPD next month but please carry on your troll posts are fun.😊

I think we might have conditioned the public for holiday firesales.

While these October sales are disappointing it has also been trend that every year bigger and bigger part of yearly sales happen in November and December. Well I guess we just have to wait.

Not much shocking news here. Hardly any meltdowns (yet).

Only slightly surprising is (assumed) low volume of hardware sales all round....and of course...2nd month NBA beating Ass Creed.

Perhaps there was a heatwave in October....

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
XBO around 300K?

PS4 less than that?

Damn....

Still a win for XBO but Halo 5 didnt move much hardware... I guessed in another thread it might have more of an impact in Nov.

Lets just hope people were holding off buying consoles this month. I mean there's a lot of bundles happening for both systems this month which may have done it. But Halo didn't have much, if any impact on the XBone and the PS4 price cut also failed to boost the system. Which you simply do not expect.

How is a PS3 remaster bundle placing in the top 10 a bad thing? Millions played and probably own the games, they came out somewhat recently, the extra incentive was a Beta, what am I missing here...

Also - Blops, Fallout & Battlefront are all hitting this month, there will be plenty of Black Friday sales/bundles. Even the dumbest consumer has the smarts to wait it out a few extra weeks. Relax people! November will be insane

Oh and the Shia gifs. Need more Shia gifs.

AHA-Lambda

AC was outsold by NBA in its second month? That doesn't sound good? (I have no idea how well NBA sells tbh)
So AC bombed?

Halo looks like it did good though.

Loudninja

But for this month, yes the hardware numbers being thrown around are not, well, great.

However, Halo isn't really a premiere franchise anymore, and AC isn't either. It happens. Star Wars, COD and Fallout, along with black Friday promotion will drive a bigger rebound than people think imo.
Yep.

mejin

So two years without big first party...I don't think Sony will want a third one in the same situation.

The big months are November and December. Here is NPD numbers for last year

October 2014 NPD

PS4: 297k
XBO: 168k
3DS: 138k
360: 71k
Wii U: 69k

Jigorath

Banned

Now we pray for November.

Balb

How is a PS3 remaster bundle placing in the top 10 a bad thing? Millions played and probably own the games, they came out somewhat recently, the extra incentive was a Beta, what am I missing here...

Also - Blops, Fallout & Battlefront are all hitting this month, there will be plenty of Black Friday sales/bundles. Even the dumbest consumer has the smarts to wait it out a few extra weeks. Relax people! November will be insane

Oh and the Shia gifs. Need more Shia gifs.

A good chunk of NA PS4 owners were 360 owners last gen.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Seem the $50 price cut was just to small to have any impact really .
Seem to just going to be even YOY with it in NA .

Obviously and you have to plan for that, marketing has to plan for that, to make the most out of it - aka give the illusion that it's a BIG F' deal. Like MS did. I mean it doesn't get much easier in this industry to compare two different approaches to the same dilemma, propping up a small price drop. At the end of the day, it's just an opinion but SCEA's marketing continues to leave a lot to be desired. Their planning is also poor in certain areas.

Madness

MCC was a remaster collection and it charted #3 last year. It's funny how those who said Halo 5 selling in the UK it couldn't have been digital for the reason now say digital is the reason for other games charting so low.

VinFTW

LOL, love to hear the rational behind "not a premiere franchise anymore".

Top Bottom