• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Aceofspades

Banned
Wasn't PS4 Battlefront bundle ready to preorder in September? And Cod mid october? Both are not included in October sales and I imagine they would affect PS4 sales for october since customers will opt to have those bundles. Right?

John Wick

Not really imo. Probably not worth it considering cost of capital and opportunity cost. Konami obviously agrees.

So how many copies has MGS5 solid sold worldwide including the Ground Zeroes? How much did it cost and how much profit has it made? Obviously you know otherwise you wouldn't be questioning giving Kojima a blank cheque. The game is a commercial and critical success! Boom!

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Why the stronger doom and gloom than last year? Hardware sales are up 3% over October 2014. The numbers aren't great, but they're still better. There shouldn't really be MORE doom and gloom than last year.

VinFTW

Ok but he has the actual numbers so he can tell you that everything is disappointing. Why do people obsess about chart position?

Why do people care? It's 5 days on the market and it has arguably the best MP in the series. It will do well for the next 3-4 months until it reaches expectations.

I don't get how people can use the rationale that next month will be better because of firesales and such and then forget about it in other situations.

Wow it seems all systems bombed last month if 305K XB1 is true, I can't believe the XB1 sold more with Titanfall than Halo 5 in its debut month. Also PS4 with Destiny last year did extremely well in comparison, which means Bungie definitely made the right choice in leaving Halo behind to go multiplat and make Destiny.

I guess the casual audience are waiting for the $349 Star Wars Battlefront bundle, and the $299 PS4/XB1 Black Friday sales.

Also LOL at people saying Uncharted bombed while ignoring the fact that almost every PS4 sold in October came with the Uncharted collection. Uncharted was also #2 in PSN sales for October.

Made double WHAT in revenue? And why does Revenue matter?

It cost $80mil to make (rumored). It made $179mil in the first week... And its still generating revenue. I think its a safe bet in saying the game made them some money

I don't think not being in the npds after a month means it sold poorly.

Walpurgis

Banned
Good to see the Xbone win this month. I hope they win the next two as well. Sony's been slacking. PS4 costs like $50 more than it did at launch. Meanwhile, the Xbone costs like $100 less than its launch price. Even considering the fact they dropped their overpriced spyware, Microsoft has never increased the price of their hardware in Canada. I want to see Sony suffer for this or give me my $50 back.

Let's be honest, anyone with a brain would have avoided buying any console in October, since they know Black Friday is just a month away.
November is when its going to get crazy interesting.

Ray Down

Banned
Go Yoshi! Beating Uncharted and even Rock Band! Wasn't expecting that at all so congrats to Nintendo on that regard. Also MGSV not on top ten anymore? Last month didn't even was on #1..... bomba?

Doubt it's the same if you count bundles.

Why do people care? It's 5 days on the market and it has arguably the best MP in the series. It will do well for the next 3-4 months until it reaches expectations.

I don't get how people can use the rationale that next month will be better because of firesales and such and then forget about it in other situations.

Because its a steep decline. Going from 3 million + to less than 1.5 million.

Bolivar687

Banned
Everyone who said the $50 price drop was not significant enough to make an impact should feel vindicated. They should have just went to $299 if that's what they're both going to be at this Black Friday anyway.

Great for Microsoft.

I mean tbh, this is their end of year anyways so it's familiar. Their biggest game came out and obviously carried sales. None of this is surprising to me...

I'm already ready for next year. I know November and December will probably be the same as well.

Aceofspades

Banned

Halo used to move 3.4m copies a day in NPD only.

~1.5m for the whole month is a disaster no matter what.

FATALITY

Banned
Good to see the Xbone win this month. I hope they win the next two as well. Sony's been slacking. PS4 costs like $50 more than it did at launch. Meanwhile, the Xbone costs like $100 less than its launch price. Even considering the fact they dropped their overpriced spyware, Microsoft has never increased the price of their hardware in Canada. I want to see Sony suffer for this or give me my $50 back.

why would you live there?

Trey

Halo 3 launch month is the real comparison data point for Halo 5. September 25th launch date two years into 360 life cycle compared to October launch date 2 years in Xbox One launch date.

Halo 4 launched in the last black Friday month of the PS360 generation at the heights of the battlefield, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed brands. Of course 360 would move a million consoles.

Halo 4 was also the fastest selling Halo game, so it's doubtful 5 will match that. We'll see its legs.

Also have to consider revenue from REQ packs, which probably off set any lost sales in Microsoft's eyes. There's not question after MCC, 343 has to rebuild the brand.

Can't believe this isn't on the XB1 bingo card!

Bundles with COD and Star Wars? Not a chance. Microsoft would need Halo 6 to win.

De_Legend

Banned

Joke post, pls.

labaronx

Wasn't PS4 Battlefront bundle ready to preorder in September? And Cod mid october? Both are not included in October sales and I imagine they would affect PS4 sales for october since customers will opt to have those bundles. Right?

Didnt that happen with the limited batman bundle too when sony lost April?

Not taking anything from Microsoft in October as i predicted this outcome

GnawtyDog

Banned
The real test for Halo 5 will be the LTD at the end of this year.

Well that's besides the point. More time and numbers = better picture but if the start is low key relative to past entries we know it under-performed regardless of having a better picture (better numbers to draw more precise conclusions from) two months from now.

nynt9

...what? And how is it their fault that the CAD is weaker? Why do they owe you $50?

thenameDS

100k under my prediction.. well that was underwhelming. Here's to November!

PS4 has to be #1 with the Star Wars and COD bundle.

Chobel

Heh. Exactly. Have fun with Cream later.

But for this month, yes the hardware numbers being thrown around are not, well, great.

However, Halo isn't really a premiere franchise anymore, and AC isn't either. It happens. Star Wars, COD and Fallout, along with black Friday promotion will drive a bigger rebound than people think imo.

Well I really hope so, because this month is really depressing.

Top Bottom