• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

VinFTW

evilr

Banned
the only thing we know for sure is that PS4 is <304k

That's a shocking result. Really expected more from the PS4. Time for that $100 price drop and make it $299 permanently.

Xbox One has posted horrible numbers too. The hell happened in October, expected way more from both.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sony can't be all that sad for this month considering their software domination of the charts like this..

Even still, that's a good result for MS, they definitely needed a win with Halo launching and the bundles included. It would have been bad for everyone if they had lost with their best.

I wonder why much PS4 actually did, the gap i'm guessing was sizable?

For November, the price gap is now gone, and the deals are in full effect with Fallout 4, and BO3 out.

Uncharted Collection is still just a collection, so i guess it would not chart, but even still, Halo MSC did chart...Uncharted doesn't have the same pull in general, hopefully that doesn't spell implications for UC4

wachie

I don't knew abut "fire sales", but the $299 BF bundles are pretty crazy!
I don't know but personally I haven't seen any BF deals that have jumped out crazy hot to me.

Last years $329 Xbox One bundles with 3, 4 or even 5 games were legit crazy hot.

OEM

It definitely sold less than what the series normally does. I'd listen to Cosmic. It Sold well no doubt. But nothing like what it has done in the past.

This is a better way to put it compare saying to it sold like shit.

Even COD sales dropped. I mean this is expected. Now there are more competition unlike H3 days where you barely have a console game that has MP.

And now almost all games have some sort of MP. So community is split.

Why do people care? It's 5 days on the market and it has arguably the best MP in the series. It will do well for the next 3-4 months until it reaches expectations.

I don't get how people can use the rationale that next month will be better because of firesales and such and then forget about it in other situations.

Well, according to Abdiel, Halo 5 vanished after Black Ops 3 came out and Battlefront is coming up very soon.... I think it'll take a bit longer for Halo 5 to establish its legs compared to the previous games.

Boke1879

You act like it's a relative comparison between Halo 3 and Halo 5's console/software space.

"whole month"

How mature of you?

BUt do you think Halo is going to suddently do so much better with COD, Battlefront out? People have options now. Halo isn't the juggernaut it used to be. It still sold well but it's not what it once was and it clearly didn't do much in moving hardware.

wtshaolin

Banned
Woohoo Xbox!

jerry-jones-dance-o.gif

There were more incentives (price cuts/major franchise release) this year.

I think the lowest end of expectations here was at least a 40-50% YOY increase.

Those people were crazy .
For MS they got that but for Sony they did not have any major release (guess you can say AC)
And many people on this board were saying the $50 price cut won't be a real factor .
Even all there big bundles for next month .

RexNovis

Banned
I think we might have conditioned the public for holiday firesales.

Honestly yea. This seems the likely cause. People know there are better deals to be had in November so why would they buy in October? Especially given how early the Black Friday ads are leaking this year.

robo

Cutting $50 of in October by Sony I think was a plan for November sales. They probably saw the pre-orders for the le bundles for this month And knew their numbers would be low for October.

Also this way it gives them leeway on a $349 bundle rrp to match ms and also counter the "firesale" rhetoric if they had dropped from $399 down to $299 on bf.

This way they were in position to match ms this bf, unlike last year.

This month will be interesting though.

VinFTW

BUt do you think Halo is going to suddently do so much better with COD, Battlefront out? People have options now. Halo isn't the juggernaut it used to be. It still sold well but it's not what it once was and it clearly didn't do much in moving hardware.

It will do fine all year long, IMO.

It's got a HUGE eSports push as well as monthly content updates. Hell, we have one coming next week.

I fully expect Halo 5, on it's gameplay merit alone, to continue to do well and retain a population MUCH better than 4 did. Whether it comes CLOSE to H3 or HR is iffy, but Halo is certainly not "dead".

Walpurgis

Banned
Halo is about as dead as Gran Turismo.....

Neither are dead

I don't think that's a very good comparison. GT5 sold very, very well and GT6 surprisingly actually sold a decent amount, considering that it was sent to die and all. Halo 5 on the other hand, has no real excuse. It's a full-fledged Halo title on next gen hardware. It's topped the charts this month, which is good but if it ends up falling off in the months to come and gets low LTD sales, then that is is a bad sign for the franchise.

Top Bottom